New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
132 comments
@rides
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 6 - Tom Ford Thinks All Men Should Be Penetrated At Least Once
213 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
56 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
81 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6701
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,710 | Props total: 2231 2231
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni will consider moving guard Nate Robinson into the starting lineup.

Robinson upset D'Antoni last week when he attempted a shot at the wrong basket against the winless Nets.

"We're searching," D'Antoni said after the team fell to 3-12 on Wednesday night. "Everything should be -- and is -- up in the air. We're trying to figure out 6, 7, 8 guys that can bring it every night and have some level of consistency. I'll think about it."

Robinson has averaged 19.6 points in New York's last three games.
 7 years ago '07        #6702
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
DUDU JUST GOT INJURED!!!!

:dancingcool:
 7 years ago '07        #6703
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
....wow duhons back in

f**k my life.
 7 years ago '08        #6704
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,885 | Props total: 5634 5634
What's the point of starting Nate??? Dude won't be here next year let td start and get him some experience
 11-28-2009, 09:08 AM         #6705
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
I know Thanksgiving is over, but I just wanted to thank the good lord that Donnie Walsh is our GM and not our impatient Knicks fanbase!
PATIENCE? n*gga we 3-13, the worst team in Knicks History. And correct me if I am wrong but being the worst team in the history of the organisation is not the way to lure a Superstar. And who made Donnie Walsh a savior? I live in Indiana and aint no one here crying for him back. I don't remember him winning no chamionships for the Pacers.

And no one gonna get happy at the end of this year with the Tank For ?????? s**t!
 11-28-2009, 09:09 AM         #6706
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Someone tell me why when Duhon got hurt I smiled a little on the inside?
 11-28-2009, 01:24 PM         #6707
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Knicks vs Nuggets Top Plays
 7 years ago '04        #6708
space
space
Nuggets coach George Karl doesn't think the Knicks are being fair to coach Mike D'Antoni.

New York has a roster littered with players in the final year of their contracts as they look to preserve cap space for this coming summer.

Karl thinks a coach in D'Antoni's situation is being "thrown to the wolves."

"The history of the game that I don't understand, that I don't think has a lot of success is going to the bottom and trying to sign a great free agent," Karl said Friday night. "I think it's a lack of respect to coaches. When you go to the bottom, that coach gets fired 90 percent of the time. You throw that coach to the wolves."

The Knicks aren't going to fire D'Antoni, despite their 3-13 record, but Karl says all the losing will get to the coach.

"Losing will strangle a coach," Karl said. "I don't like the philosophy. I don't think it's been a home run. I think you strikeout as often as you hit home runs with it. I praised Donnie Walsh, but the philosophy of what he's trying to do is difficult to coaching, miserable to coaching. It's the philosophy of personnel people that drives me a little crazy."

7 years ago '04        #6709
space
space
Knicks forward Darko Milicic told FanHouse that he will strongly consider playing in Europe next season.

Like fellow 2003 draft class members LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, Milicic can become a free agent after the 2009-10 season.

"The NBA for me is not the way that I want to be," said Milicic. "Looking forward, the stuff that I'm looking for is for me to play and for to me enjoy playing. I think right now the only spot for me is Europe.

"Because growing up and playing basketball, I needed the ball in my hands. I used to create for myself and I used to create for others. I used to play a lot. That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. And for me to get that in the NBA right now, I don't think so. And I've got to be real."

Milicic is making $7.54 million in the final year of his contract. He has career averages of 5.4 points and 4.0 rebounds.

"I'm not blaming other people," Milicic said of his struggles. "I'm not crying about it. Basketball is just a game. And stuff happens. If I wasn't the second pick, who knows what would have happened? If I was some other pick, you could look back and say what would have happened.

"It's past. It's behind me. I'm going to decide after this year what I'm going to do, stay here or go back to Europe and play. I will decide after this season is over ... I'll go home and clear my mind ... I'll talk to the people that I care about and people who care about me."

While Milicic says he isn't blaming other people, he still doesn't understand why Detroit took him with the second pick in 2003 if they didn't plan to play him.

"I never understand why people are still talking about me as the second pick," Milicic said. "But I never got a chance to play. Why take me as the second pick if you're not going to play me for three years? They never let me get a chance. I still don't get it ... I never asked to be the second pick. I just wanted to play basketball."
 7 years ago '06        #6710
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:
Nuggets coach George Karl doesn't think the Knicks are being fair to coach Mike D'Antoni.

New York has a roster littered with players in the final year of their contracts as they look to preserve cap space for this coming summer.

Karl thinks a coach in D'Antoni's situation is being "thrown to the wolves."

"The history of the game that I don't understand, that I don't think has a lot of success is going to the bottom and trying to sign a great free agent," Karl said Friday night. "I think it's a lack of respect to coaches. When you go to the bottom, that coach gets fired 90 percent of the time. You throw that coach to the wolves."

The Knicks aren't going to fire D'Antoni, despite their 3-13 record, but Karl says all the losing will get to the coach.

"Losing will strangle a coach," Karl said. "I don't like the philosophy. I don't think it's been a home run. I think you strikeout as often as you hit home runs with it. I praised Donnie Walsh, but the philosophy of what he's trying to do is difficult to coaching, miserable to coaching. It's the philosophy of personnel people that drives me a little crazy."

As much as I can't stand Karl, you see that he and other coaches in this league alike have a great respect for Mike D'Antoni...it's too bad this fanbase is trying to Larry Brown him too. You'd figure we'd learn?
 7 years ago '04        #6711
space
space
10:29 AM By Alan Hahn

We'll find out later today if Eddy Curry's knee is improved enough for him to play tonight against Dwight Howard the Orlando Magic and as AOL FanHouse wrote, Darko Milicic seems content with life buried on the bench as he awaits going back to Europe to continue his career.

Without either, the Knicks will remain undersized up front, with 6-9 David Lee at center, and with little presence in the paint.

Lost in a summer of searching for a point guard upgrade is how they tried to also bring in some size and talent in former lottery pick Jonathan Bender.

The 7-foot Bender, who retired in 2006 because of chronic knee injuries, considered a comeback this past summer.

"My potential is still enormous and I can do a lot for a team," Bender told ESPN.com in July.

Donnie Walsh, who had him in Indiana and gave up Antonio Davis to get him from Toronto in the 1999 draft, figured he could do a lot for the Knicks, especially in Mike D'Antoni's system.

Bender was at the MSG Training Center this summer to work out for the Knicks. According to multiple sources, Knicks team doctors even checked out the right knee, which at the time of his retirement had almost no cartillage left, and they determined he had healed well enough to withstand playing at the NBA level again. On the court, from what I hear, he looked terrific.

Bender has been labeled as one of the biggest draft busts in NBA history. In just 237 career gams, Bender averaged 5.6 points and 2.2 rebounds in 15 minutes per game.

"I read these articles that say, 'He's the top bust' or 'He's one of those guys who didn't live up to their potential.' I don't want to be 38 or 40 looking back thinking, 'I should have done this'."

But Bender, who is now 28 and handled his NBA income wisely with several solid investments, not to mention his foundation, which has done extensive work in the New Orleans area following Hurricane Katrina, decided not to accept an invite to Knicks training camp.

A person close to him said Bender, "wants to be sure 100 percent that his knees will hold up if he tries it."
 7 years ago '04        #6712
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 16 16
Its nice to know that we suck, but still have one of the biggest basketball fan bases on here. This Orlando game should be a barnburner
 7 years ago '04        #6713
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 16 16
 7thWonder said:
Someone tell me why when Duhon got hurt I smiled a little on the inside?
Because he is a.ss and you'd rather see TD get more burn like I do.
 7 years ago '07        #6714
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
another terribly coached game from d'andumbass...whats new

cant believe one point in the game this idiot had Harrington guarding Dwight, while Darko and Hill rot on the bench...

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 11-29-2009 at 07:57 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #6715
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
I'm really starting to not mind what D'Antoni is doing out there with this new 8-man rotation. I know we want to see TD and Hill right now, but D'Antoni is playing the guys he trusts out there right now. I don't blame him for trying to compete, after all, he was brought in here to establish a winning culture. Though you may not agree with HOW he goes about establishing that culture, this is his idea of doing so. And last I checked, he is the only one who can do anything about it.

Establishing a set-8 rotation can push our young core in practice behind closed doors, where D'Antoni can teach his system while being able to help diminish their mistakes and correct their on-the-court habits, good or bad.

This accomplishes a few things in the process of a LONG season to begin with. Competing somewhat now (in game, not overall - playoffs not an option) while trying to create this "winning" culture, while the rooks prepare themselves for the NBA game. Also, showcasing some of the one-year guys as well as potentially finding a taker for Jeffries. After the deadline, we develop the rookies in the 2nd half and hope to garnish some excitement in the 2nd half of the season.
 11-30-2009, 01:29 AM         #6716
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nate Robinson Player of the game highlights
 11-30-2009, 01:50 AM         #6717
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Knicks vs Orlando Top 10 highlights
 7 years ago '07        #6718
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
Knicks plan according to Hahn

Meanwhile, as far as this season goes, I can see D'Antoni's strategy with minutes. Give the veterans the first half of the season. These are players who are playing for their next contract and he should give them ample opportunity to do that. For those who believe they shouldn't be given such opportunity because of the poor start, keep in mind that how an organization treats players is an underrated aspect of the free agent value system.

Also, you can't trade Jared Jeffries to clear more cap space if you bury him on the bench next to Darko Milicic. He has to play.

But when we reach Game 41, if the season is still the disaster it's been over the first 17 games, then D'Antoni has no other excuses than to hand the ball to the young players and make the second half of the season all about development. Make Gallinari the focal point. Tell Chandler he must average 10 free throws a game. Have Douglas learn how to set up others and find his offense within the structure of a system, rather than on his own. Let Hill feel the bruises of the nightly battles and understand exactly how hard you have to play to succeed at this level.
 7 years ago '04        #6719
space
space
the Minnesota C-Blockers might be targetting Rudy Gay in the offseason (maybe cuz the Knicks are interested) f**king f*gs
 7 years ago '04        #6720
space
space
The Knicks are being cautious with the injured left knee of center Eddy Curry.

Curry missed his third straight game on Sunday because of a tender left knee, which caused him to miss all but three games last season.

"It's still swollen, we're not going to rush it, we'll make sure the swelling goes down all the way and evaluate it and see how it looks," Curry told The New York Post.

The Knicks are hoping that because the center is in better shape, his knee will heal more quickly.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
44 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
MMA UFC finally gives Cyborg her title shot
60 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
92 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL RUMOR: Cam Newton's Benching on Sunday Night Actually Due to Strip Club In..
72 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 😍😍😍😍
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
152 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Young M.A: I'm Not Giving The Promoter His $33,000 Back, Take That Up W..
69 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 6 - Gun-wielding Alabama Mannequin Challenge leads to arrest; weapo..
96 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy