New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside [NEW] Ab-Soul "RAW(backwards) [Jay Electronica Diss]
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Part Of Logan Just Screened For Critics, Here's What They Think
11 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
55 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #6641
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,712 | Props total: 2231 2231
Allen Iverson has told a.ssociates he is prepared to come to the New York Knicks.

"We wouldn't be considering it if we thought we were functioning well and we're not," Walsh said of the Knicks, who went into last night's game against the Pacers with a 1-9 record. "And I want to make sure if we do something like this it's the right thing to do."

Walsh said if the Knicks do offer Iverson a contract it will likely be for the $1.4 million veteran's minimum.
 11-19-2009, 10:45 AM         #6642
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no eddy curry highlights, big c?
 7 years ago '06        #6643
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 TimeIsMoney said:
no eddy curry highlights, big c?
give him time...i'm sure they'll be up.

*BL* - Any news on Gallo's back? He seemed to be stretching it out all 2nd half and didn't really have an impact on the game. I heard Isola reported that he was complaining about having a "stiff" back. Any news on Gallo having this stiffy?
 7 years ago '04        #6644
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
give him time...i'm sure they'll be up.

*BL* - Any news on Gallo's back? He seemed to be stretching it out all 2nd half and didn't really have an impact on the game. I heard Isola reported that he was complaining about having a "stiff" back. Any news on Gallo having this stiffy?
saw a snippet somewhere saying it wasn't nothing to write home about but it's a weird week, only news that's been dropping our way so far is A.I. possibly being a Knick by the end of the week
 7 years ago '04        #6645
space
space
D'Antoni on Gallo's back: ""I said he was a stiff. Not stiff. He didn’t look real fluid last night."
 7 years ago '04        #6646
space
space
While the Knicks appear to be moving toward signing Allen Iverson for the remainder of the season, Donnie Walsh said the team remains undecided for now.

"I’m still not decided and I don’t think we are decided," Walsh said.

No agreement is expected on Thursday.

Mike D'Antoni said that some "conversations" would need to take place before any deal is done.

"Usually before you do something, you have personal contact with a player and make sure everyone is on board and excited and ready to go," D’Antoni said.

D'Antoni said that the opportunity to bring Iverson on board should be judged differently than the situation presented by Stephon Marbury last season.

"We were doing a two-year program last year," D'Antoni said. "Now we’re at a point where we need a influx of something else."
 7 years ago '08        #6647
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,901 | Props total: 5652 5652
 I Am The Truth said:
Haven't been on here in a while fellas... been busy with school.

I never thought AI would do well in the system b/c he could possibly stunt players growth (Danilo, Wil, TD). But he's still my fav player of all time, and I would be stoked as hell to see AI in a Knicks jersey.

f**k it... do it Donnie....
I feel the same way about iverson knicks ain't got nothing to lose mine as well bring him in,he'll def make things more interesting
 7 years ago '06        #6648
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
During the Bulls-Lakers game on TNT, David Aldridge reported that Iverson to the Knicks is a "virtual lock". Giving a percentage of the deal "in the high 90's"
 7 years ago '04        #6649
space
space
The Knicks have decided not to sign Allen Iverson.

The team had been considering whether to add Iverson to the roster after starting the season 2-9. As of Thursday evening, a deal appeared imminent. One source put the percentage likelihood of the Knicks signing Iverson in the high 90's.

Knick owner James Dolan was reportedly hesitant about signing Iverson for the remainder of the season but said he would not stand in the way if Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni were in favor of the move.

The Knicks pulled back late Thursday, deciding that the risks of adding Iverson outweighed the potential rewards.

this sounds kinda suspect
 7 years ago '07        #6650
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
During the Bulls-Lakers game on TNT, David Aldridge reported that Iverson to the Knicks is a "virtual lock". Giving a percentage of the deal "in the high 90's"
they must not be aware Donnie 'Fake Hustle' Walshed Up is our GM
 7 years ago '06        #6651
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Truth B T0ld said:
they must not be aware Donnie 'Fake Hustle' Walshed Up is our GM
You do realize that Donnie Walsh doesn't write these articles you read?

If anyone is to "blame" for Iverson not coming to the Knicks, its James Dolan. He doesn't want another tag on this franchise's reputation they've worked so hard to restore. Can you blame him?

What's the big deal, we aint winning WITH Iverson...and we aint winning WITHOUT him. Why cater to the needs of someone who isn't going to be here past next season? It really shouldn't effect you either way.
 7 years ago '04        #6652
space
space
GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) - The New York Knicks won't sign Allen Iverson, believing any short-term gain would hinder their plans to build for the future.

Team president Donnie Walsh said Friday the team won't make any additions at this time despite its 2-9 record. He added the decision to pass on the former MVP had nothing to do with Iverson's ability to play or his character in the locker room.

"I've always admired him," Walsh said. "I think he'd be a great addition for a team that's in a different position than we're in and I hope he gets picked up."

Coach Mike D'Antoni said Iverson would have come in and played 40 minutes a game, taking playing time away from others who need to be on the court to continue their growth.

"We just didn't think right now we wanted to have that dominant force on the team right now," D'Antoni said.

"We're going to stick with the plan and it just wasn't the right situation. Allen is a great player, no doubt about it, but that's not the route we're going to take right now."

Iverson was waived by the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday and became a free agent Thursday night. Walsh said he didn't feel the four-time scoring champion was the right fit at the beginning, but began to reconsider because it's "enticing to think that you can get a guy that can score the ball that way."

But the Knicks remain committed to building with young players such as Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler, and felt a player who shoots as much as Iverson could hinder that strategy.

"We feel like that could hurt our development in the future, so we want to go the way we're going," Walsh said. "There will be other things we can do during the year that will be more in line with what our philosophy has been entering into this."

The Knicks passed on a chance to sign Iverson when he was a free agent over the summer. At the time, they felt the returning veterans from last season, plus the continued improvement of their younger players, would be enough to contend for a playoff spot.

Then they opened the season by dropping nine of their first 10 games, the worst start in franchise history. So when the Grizzlies and Iverson parted ways after just three games, the Knicks revisited their decision.

Walsh and D'Antoni talked it over for a few days, alerting ownership that a signing was being considered. Walsh also talked with Iverson's agent, Leon Rose, but not the player himself.

"I happen to think that it's not the right place for Allen, either," Walsh said. "I think Allen should go to a team that he can push into a contending situation or a playoff situation and I think he will, because he's good enough to do that."

The Knicks may have pulled back their interest after an impressive comeback to beat Indiana on Wednesday night. Center Eddy Curry played for the first time this season, scoring 10 points in 11 minutes.

Despite his credentials, there hasn't been much interest in Iverson after he complained about coming off the bench last season in Detroit. He had the same complaints during his short stint in Memphis, so teams may be wary of signing him.

Yet he remains a popular player, so there was some rare basketball buzz in New York this week. Even Knicks players sounded interested in signing Iverson, and Walsh was aware that fans may be disappointed his team will drop any plans to pursue him.

"I'm always concerned about that, but I don't think you can build a basketball team based on polls," he said.
 7 years ago '07        #6653
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
none of walsh's comments make sense. how does giving allen a 1 year contract effect anything long term

if A.i starts to act up or hurt the team, u cut him, its not that complicated.
 7 years ago '07        #6654
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,787 | Props total: 2719 2719
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
another s**t decision by walsh at the PG position. hes chosen duhon over jwill jennings and iverson :applause:

id rather have f**kin jrue holiday than chris duhon
 7 years ago '06        #6655
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Truth B T0ld said:
none of walsh's comments make sense. how does giving allen a 1 year contract effect anything long term

if A.i starts to act up or hurt the team, u cut him, its not that complicated.
Just because it's only a 1-year deal doesn't mean he couldn't effect things long term. He could take playing time from Toney Douglas, while taking shots from Gallo, perhaps even creating a bigger circus with his off-the-court antics...those things can still be effected long term.

I can't believe I'm actually on board with bringing Ivy in, if anything, he'll make this team watchable. But I'm not going to lose sleep since he isn't.

I don't think Walsh and D'Antoni really think AI would be a bad idea. As I've stated earlier...this one's on Dolan.

November 20, 2009 8:52 PM 5 Comments
Dolan didn't want Iverson »

By Frank Isola

Does anybody really believe that as Donnie Walsh was set to give the okay on Allen Iverson it suddenly dawned on him that Iverson has had a troubled past and that he could be create unwanted headaches in New York?

If you believe that then you also believe that Lenny Wilkens wasn’t really fired as Knicks coach a few years back he just simply resigned.

The Knicks dirty little secret is that Garden Chairman James Dolan is still very much in charge. Is he running the day-to-day operation of the Knicks? Absolutely not. But he did get involved in the decision not to sign Iverson.

As recently as Wednesday, Mike D’Antoni gave strong indications that he wanted Iverson, especially with Chris Duhon playing like a third string point guard. Not long after D’Antoni seemed to give the thumbs up to Iverson, Walsh reminded reporters that he would never add a player that the coach didn’t want.

So if D’Antoni wanted Iverson and Walsh clearly was leaning that way as well, why didn’t it happen? Look no further than Dolan. To his credit, he spent two years trying to remove Stpehon Marbury from the roster and now that Marbury is gone Dolan doesn’t want to bring in another player with a history of creating drama.

Walsh said he is opening to making trades to improve the team this year and I think something will happen, especially with the Knicks struggling. The fans are upset that Walsh passed over Brandon Jennings and didn’t sign Iverson. Something will happen. Maybe Tracy McGrady, a player in the last year of his contract, will be made available. It makes sense but so too did Jennings. And many Knicks believe Iverson made the most sense of all.

Read more:

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 11-21-2009 at 01:02 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #6656
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,893 | Props total: 181 181
Man... f**k Dolan...straight up... someone put a hit out on his a.ss.

I smell something fishy in the FO. I hope I'm wrong but I don't like this side of the Knicks since the season started... The chemistry isn't there (too many people getting random minutes of PT, without enough cohesion) and now the AI non-signing is kind of irking me. More so than us not drafting BJ, Lawson, Maynor, or Calathes... I think Donnie and Mike D wanted AI, but this blackballing of AI is ridic.

Chandler needs to rest his ankle, Hill needs some more PT to acclimated to the game as a big man, and Duhon's mental is out to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And these FO issues are adding to this f**kery... Maybe it's the lack of results but my blood pressure is slowly rising. Am I the only one???
 7 years ago '06        #6657
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
Man... f**k Dolan...straight up... someone put a hit out on his a.ss.

I smell something fishy in the FO. I hope I'm wrong but I don't like this side of the Knicks since the season started... The chemistry isn't there (too many people getting random minutes of PT, without enough cohesion) and now the AI non-signing is kind of irking me. More so than us not drafting BJ, Lawson, Maynor, or Calathes... I think Donnie and Mike D wanted AI, but this blackballing of AI is ridic.

Chandler needs to rest his ankle, Hill needs some more PT to acclimated to the game as a big man, and Duhon's mental is out to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And these FO issues are adding to this f**kery... Maybe it's the lack of results but my blood pressure is slowly rising. Am I the only one???
Your not the only one, but at the same time, we need to curb our expectations. It's been known that 2010 is the plan, these past 2 years are a wash. If we land LBJ or some big names, all this shyt will be forgotten. We need to relax, we all knew this year was just one to go through the motions.

Only thing that boils my skin is that f**kin CIRCUS CLOWN Nate Robinson...I can't believe how immature he STILL is. Did you catch him chuckin a 3 at the Nets basket at the end of the 1st quarter?
 7 years ago '04        #6658
space
space
why can't we play New JOIsey every game? :(
 7 years ago '06        #6659
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,360 | Props total: 1323 1323
and n*ggas called me crazy when i said Jennings >> rubio any PG coming out
GRRRRRRRRRRRr
 7 years ago '06        #6660
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 - Streetz - said:
and n*ggas called me crazy when i said Jennings >> rubio any PG coming out
GRRRRRRRRRRRr
How can you say Jennings >> Rubio still when he hasn't even played? Have you ever seen him play at all?

Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 7 - Japanese Youth Have Found a Way To Marry a Person Without Dating
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
275 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - ‘Scumbag’: Internet attacks Santorum for telling Dreamer to lea..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
32 comments
22 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
184 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy