New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
30 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
34 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
78 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #6421
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
If Houston is Desperate to Reduce Luxury Tax Payments

October 21, 2009 3:50 PM

By Henry Abbott

Larry **** suggests the Rockets might consider trading Tracy McGrady and his expiring contract to the Knicks for Eddy Curry and Darko Milicic. The idea is that the Rockets are paying luxury tax right now for a team that may well miss the playoffs. This move would save nearly $10 million this season (adding cost next season, however) while getting the Rockets into the realm of saving much more by getting under the tax line and collecting luxury tax payments instead.

The Knicks, meanwhile, would get the NBA's biggest expiring contract, which is extremely s3xy heading into the Summer of LeBron.

My thought, however, is that McGrady's $22.5 million deal, which expires at the best possible time in recent NBA history, could probably fetch far more than bad contracts. Not to mention, the early word out of Houston is that McGrady may actually have value as a player, too.

Now this trade was merely suggested by CBA / Cap Expert Larry ****... I just dont see how any team would take Curry's contract off our hands. But I see how a deal similar to this, with a team who has a need for a Big, might make some financial sense.

I wouldn't mind iff we had to add a 1st to a deal like this if we can shed Curry and give us room for 2 Max FA's next year. You'd have to figure that future 1st would be a early to late 20's pick given our opportunity to become an instant contender via Free Agency.

It would suck to lose Darko so early in a season where he's shown to be our best option at the 5 showing the ability to stop the opposition driving to the lane. Darko's ability and defensive mindset also fits well in Rick Adleman's system and could be re-signed as Yao's back up long-term.

If Houston wouldn't consider a package such as this, even including the added 1st...i'm sure there are other options.

If they truly wanted to save money we have Mobley's Insurance Covered Expiring, and a big expiring in Larry Hughes.
 7 years ago '04        #6422
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
^

unless the Knicks add on more money or add on another, cheaper player number wise that trade won't work (Curry/Darko)
 7 years ago '06        #6423
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
^

unless the Knicks add on more money or add on another, cheaper player number wise that trade won't work (Curry/Darko)
Knicks would be adding $3 Million in any deal that had any financial implicatitions. The Curry/Darko deal would save the Rockets $10 Million in savings NOW, and HOU would most likey buy out Curry's remaining contract for future savings...or use his expiring as an a.sset down the line.
 7 years ago '04        #6424
space
space
idk though, Houston would be smarter in taking an offensive guy like Hughes instead of more defense with Darko, both are expiring so it's gonna be a short experiment anyway....they need a Center and some instant offense coming off the bench....but w/e. T-Mac's contract is too s3xy to pass up
 7 years ago '06        #6425
HenryTheMenace 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,930 | Props total: 1 1
I aint been here in a while, whats good yall
 7 years ago '04        #6426
space
space
The Knicks will go into the regular season with 14 players on their roster, including the retired Cuttino Mobley.

Donnie Walsh explained that his purpose in not filling all 15 available roster spots is to lower costs and maintain flexibility for future player moves.

"I think you can put [the roster number] under the general heading of flexibility and also a bit financial," Walsh said. "I think we have enough players. Mike [D'Antoni] has a certain rotation that he uses. This leaves us open to the future if something goes on. And I think if guys are not going to play, I'm not going to put the money on it."
 7 years ago '06        #6427
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 HenryTheMenace said:
I aint been here in a while, whats good yall
What's crakkin Menace?

Season's just about here, I'm sure you wont be the only one comin' out the woodworks.
 7 years ago '06        #6428
HenryTheMenace 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,930 | Props total: 1 1
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
What's crakkin Menace?

Season's just about here, I'm sure you wont be the only one comin' out the woodworks.
Yea hopefully i get to catch the games this year because i go to penn state and these f**kers dont have msg here..Smh :angry12: but hopefully i still get a way to catch the games
 7 years ago '06        #6429
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 HenryTheMenace said:
Yea hopefully i get to catch the games this year because i go to penn state and these f**kers dont have msg here..Smh :angry12: but hopefully i still get a way to catch the games
I usually get some decent streams off of RealGM, but they have crakked the whip on posting links over there.

If I ever come across anything you know I got ya back.

Emjoy them Nittany Lion hoe's!
 10-24-2009, 06:56 PM         #6430
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Born and DruNk, thanks for holding it down. Keep up the good work guys.

Here is my new Toney Douglas Career mix volume 2
 7 years ago '04        #6431
space
space
tough job, but somebody gotta do it
 7 years ago '04        #6432
space
space
Knicks forward David Lee says that the players understand general manager Donnie Walsh's plan for the future.

"We all understand what's going on here," Lee told the New York Daily News. "The plan was to save a lot for the future and have a big summer for the organization. But in order for us to make it as good a summer as we can, we have to put something together this year.

"That's why this is definitely not a throwaway season."

Eight of the 14 players on the current roster are in the final year of their respective contracts.

"We've addressed it," head coach Mike D'Antoni said. "Our mindset is that this is not a throwaway season. Our mind set is, 'we're pretty good and we can do some good things.'

"It's a long haul. Maybe we have to play harder than everybody else but there is no reason why we can't. The ball is our court. We can get this done. It's not going to be easy but we feel good about our group. We just don't know how good yet we can be."
 7 years ago '06        #6433
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
2009-2010 Knicks Season Preview as per NBA.com and an ESPN exclusive

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Legler's a.ssessment wasn't far off, but NBA.com video sounded a lil out of touch (I don't think they mentioned Gallo once)
 10-25-2009, 01:25 PM         #6434
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
2009-2010 Knicks Season Preview as per NBA.com and an ESPN exclusive

Legler's a.ssessment wasn't far off, but NBA.com video sounded a lil out of touch (I don't think they mentioned Gallo once)
NBA TV did mention it. That youtube video did not have the whole video. Uncut it is a 15 minutes video.
 7 years ago '06        #6435
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Rhymes4Days said:
NBA TV did mention it. That youtube video did not have the whole video. Uncut it is a 15 minutes video.
I actually just realized that when I put on NBATv and seen them doing 30 minute spots on each team. The Knicks preview is actually on right now (or at 3? Can't remember)
 10-25-2009, 04:48 PM         #6436
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Knicks Preview Season mix
 7 years ago '04        #6437
space
space
Toney Douglas has impressed the coaching staff enough to earn playing time when the season opens. Douglas will fill the back-up point guard spot.

"He will be a significant part of the rotation," Mike D'Antoni said. "And hopefully keep growing into a bigger role."

Jordan Hill, selected 8th in this year's draft, will not be part of the Knicks' rotation when their season begins Wednesday in Miami.

:agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6:
 7 years ago '04        #6438
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is looking to show more restraint towards referees this season.

"I've got to do a better job controlling myself with the refs," D'Antoni told the New York Daily News. "I think that it just transfers negative energy to the team. We don't need that. So I'm going to make an effort to be not as emotional with them as I have been."

D'Antoni was whistled for just five technicals last season, far fewer than Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy, who led the league with fifteen.

"I think I will do a better job with the refs," he said. "This is now our second year and our guys know what I'm looking for. So I won't be out there going crazy like I have been at times. I hope not to be yelling and screaming a lot."
 7 years ago '04        #6439
space
space

[pic - click to view]

The expectations for New York sports franchises are typically high no matter what the circumstances are entering a new season, and the Knicks don’t get any exceptions. Fans, players, coaches, and just about everyone else a.ssociated with team want to see the Knicks snap a six-year playoff drought and make the postseason in 2009-10. It doesn’t matter to anyone that the Knicks are in the second year of their rebuilding process.

“We need to get to the playoffs just to see what it feels like,” said guard Nate Robinson in the MSG Knicks season preview show. “To bring that back to New York I think that would be a beautiful thing.”

The Knicks are coming off an up-and-down season that saw head coach Mike D’Antoni introduce his exciting up-tempo system to the Big Apple, the management make some major player personnel moves and the team make a playoff push that lasted until the end of May. The Knicks finished fifth in the Atlantic Division with a 32-50 record.

In June, the Knicks used their lottery pick to select forward Jordan Hill at No. 8 and bought the 29th pick from the Lakers to select guard Toney Douglas. They also dealt guard Quentin Richardson to Memphis in exchange for 7-foot center Darko Milicic. New York ended its offseason by re-signing restricted free agents David Lee and Robinson days before training camp opened in Saratoga Springs earlier this month.

The main core of players from last season remained intact as Knicks president Donnie Walsh stuck to his original plan of getting under the salary cap for next summer.

“I think we did the best we could do in trying to be competitive for this year and yet retain the salary-cap flexibility that we want next year and the year after,” Walsh said. “That was the goal when I got here and that remains the goal.”

Danilo Gallinari, last year’s first-round pick, might be entering his second season, but the Knicks view him as a key addition to the team. Gallinari played only 28 games (the Knicks went 14-14 with him in the lineup) during his rookie campaign as he battled a nagging back injury. He underwent surgery at the end of the season and is now pain-free entering Wednesday’s regular-season opener in Miami.

The only setback Gallinari faced during training camp was getting his legs back underneath him, which has clearly affected his jump shot. After head coach Mike D’Antoni stated that Gallinari was the best shooter he’s ever seen, Gallinari struggled from the field in seven exhibition games, shooting just 31 percent.

But the Knicks aren’t the least bit concerned of Gallinari’s shooting woes. Gallinari brings a lot more to the table than just knocking down 3-pointers. The team has been very impressed with his defense and ability to find his open teammates when his shot isn’t there.

“He’s 21 years old and he’s still by far the youngest guy on the team,” Walsh said. “He is going to have to get stronger and all that, but the one thing I’m not going to worry about is if he’s not hitting shots because I know he can shoot the ball. The reason I like Danilo is that he can bring a team together. He’s got enough game a feel for the game that he can bring a team together and bring the best out of the other players.”

Wilson Chandler, who has been the starting shooting guard throughout most of camp, is also 100 percent healthy after surgery. Chandler had a procedure done to remove bone spurs in his left ankle in early June. It took him a little while to get his wind back, but he’s ready to begin the 82-game season.

“I just have to play hard to make up for the time I missed,” Chandler said.

The only player to sustain an injury during the preseason was center Eddy Curry, who tore his right calf muscle in the second practice of camp. Curry is currently working on getting back in shape to be able to make an impact this season.

The Knicks finished the preseason with an impressive 5-2 record that included a 108-103 victory over the Boston Celtics at Madison Square Garden last Tuesday. While their offense only produced 97.6 points per game –below last seasons average of 105.2 – the Knicks looked solid on the defense, an area that they knew they had to work on in order to be successful this season.

The Knicks held opponents under 100 points in five of their seven games exhibition games.

“We have to get our energy level up the whole season and that alone can get you another 10 wins,” D’Antoni said. “We lost a lot of games by five points or less - about 18 - and a lot of that is defense. We have to come up with big stops.”

What to look out for:

The Starters – In the Knicks’ two final dress rehearsals, D’Antoni started Chris Duhon and Chandler in the backcourt with Al Harrington, Lee and Jared Jeffries up front.

The Rotation – D’Antoni typically likes to play just eight or nine players each game. The first players to come off the bench in the last two games were Robinson, Douglas, Milicic and Gallinari.

Jeffries From Long Range – The Knicks big man, who worked on his jumper during the offseason, knocked down at least one 3-pointer in each of the seven preseason games. He made only one last season and four the year before.

Milicic’s D – The Knicks, who ranked last in rejections the last two seasons, now have a legit shot blocker in Milicic. The 7-footer is averaging 1.45 blocks in 211 games over the last three seasons, which is 16th in the NBA among players who have played at least 200 games.
 7 years ago '04        #6440
space
space
Charles Barkley believes that Donnie Walsh's decision to essentially tank two seasons with the hopes of possibly landing LeBron James is bad management. "When you set up yourself by basically saying, 'We're going to (stink) for the next two or three years,' I don't think there is any way that can be good for your team," Barkley said. "They're not going to win because those guys know they're not going to be here next year. To expect them to give 110% is unrealistic." Seven of the 14 players on the Knicks' roster are in the final year of their contracts, including Al Harrington, Larry Hughes, David Lee and Nate Robinson. Those expiring contracts will create much-needed salary cap space for the 2010 free agent class, possibly featuring James and Dwyane Wade. -- NY Daily News
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
137 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
47 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Blac Youngsta puts $250,000 cash on counter at gas station kwiki-mart
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
198 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
109 comments
1 day ago