New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
72 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #6181
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
I'd trade Mobley's expiring for Rafer, but we might need it to unload one of Jeffries or Curry.
 7 years ago '04        #6182
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,656 | Props total: 2169 2169

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #6183
space
space
Knicks general manager Donnie Walsh was pleasantly surprised when he was able to re-sign David Lee and Nate Robinson to one-year deals.

"If you had told me at the beginning of the year that these guys wouldn't get offer sheets and that they would be willing to sign one-year contracts, which is what we felt was all we could offer, I would have said it was doubtful," Walsh told the Sporting News.

"But then I think the league kind of froze when the economic numbers came out. So it was not a good market for them, and that opened the door for us and we got it done."
 7 years ago '06        #6184
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Training Camp and our Media Day begins today! One step closer to gettin this ball rolling!
 7 years ago '04        #6185
space
space
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni likes to keep a short rotation and Larry Hughes, who struggled following last year's trade, could find himself on the bench more often than not. -- NY Daily News
 7 years ago '04        #6186
space
space
wish i could speed up time and have it be Sunday already.....Knicks vs. New JOIsey
 7 years ago '07        #6187
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 164 164
I've been saying Hughes is going to get the short end of the stick on his time. He'll need to improve and show more consistency to gain it back. I think he can do well in the system, but it's on him. If he's on the train, cool. If not, deuces.

And I'd like to see Skip in MSG too, but we have so many damn guards, that someone will need to go... Maybe we exchange Nate/Duhon + Hughes for Courtney Lee/Yi + Skip? Pipe dream... I know.
 7 years ago '07        #6189
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 164 164
 dj ac said:

[pic - click to view]

Nice look on the pix AC... but I didn't know Rick Ross was on the Knicks

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #6190
space
space
The largest man in a Knicks uniform Monday could not ignore the big elephant in the room. "You know it's there, I hope they do get LeBron," Eddy Curry said. "I hope I'm here when he comes. If not, I think the city deserves a player like him." There in a nutshell is the 2009-2010 season for the Knicks: the franchise is biding its time until July 1, 2010, when LeBron James headlines a potential free agent class that includes Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh. Knicks president Donnie Walsh has cleared enough salary cap space to make a run at one, if not two, of the top free agents. No matter what happens this season, the Knicks will be players in the free agent market next summer. The only mystery is which players from the current roster will be around one year from today. Danilo Gallinari is viewed as an important piece of the future. But David Lee, Nate Robinson, Al Harrington, Chris Duhon, Larry Hughes and Darko Milicic are all in the final year of their contracts. Of the six, the most likely to return is Lee, who is a favorite of coach Mike D'Antoni. -- NY Daily News
 7 years ago '04        #6191
space
space
Al Harrington is in the final year of his contract, but is very adamant about his desire to remain with the Knicks.

"I want to finish my career here," Harrington told the New York Daily News. "I'm not auditioning myself for anybody."

It may be tough for the Knicks to retain Harrington, even if there is a desire to do so. In order to sign a maximum contract player next summer, New York will have to let most (if not all) of their free agents go.
 7 years ago '06        #6192
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
A lil vid of yesterdays events put together by Cosmic (former poster at RealGM)

h*tp://tinypic.com/player.php?v=4r936u&s=4

(Replace the * with a t)
 7 years ago '04        #6193
space
space
Admitting that he did not properly emphasize defense last season, Mike D'Antoni told the media on Tuesday that he has set a goal for the Knicks to be in the top half of the league on defense.

Last season, the Knicks were last in shot-blocking and gave up the third-most points in the league on the third-highest field goal percentage allowed.
 7 years ago '04        #6194
space
space
Joe Johnson decline his option and will be a free agent 2010.....wouldn't mind him and another dude (a certain PF) coming in
 7 years ago '04        #6195
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Once considered one of the most interesting international prospects in years as a 17-year-old out of Serbia, Darko Milicic found himself on the bench through his first three NBA seasons with the Pistons before spending the past four years playing limited reserve roles with the Magic and Grizzlies. Now, the former No. 2 overall pick has an opportunity to fulfill his potential here in New York with the Knicks.

“All these bad experiences made me kind of lose confidence,” Milicic said. “I’m not going to say I lost the love for the game, but the confidence was a little bit lost during those first years of not playing. I thought, ‘Why am I here when I’m not playing?’

“Not playing for a long time just doesn’t help you at all. When you get in a game after those kinds of years it’s tough because things happen in the game that have never happened to you before so you’re kind of lost and you’re trying to find yourself.”

Milicic will now be looking to find himself in New York, where he is widely considered a perfect fit for Mike D’Antoni’s up-and-down system. He is a thin, athletic big man who can run the floor well. Unfortunately, he's been stuck in more halfcourt sets throughout his seven-year career, playing mostly with his back to the basket.

While the 7-foot Milicic can knock down the midrange jumper, he sees himself in more of a defensive role with the Knicks but will do whatever he needs to in order to get on the floor. He will be competing with David Lee, Jared Jeffries, Al Harrington, Eddy Curry and rookie Jordan Hill for frontcourt minutes, which could be difficult to come by as D'Antoni tends to only play eight or nine players per game.

“I’m hoping for the best, you know,” Milicic said, “and I’m focusing on trying to show the coach that I want to play and that I want to be part of this team.

“I will help this team in any way. It doesn’t matter what it is. You see there are a lot of players who can score, so scoring is not a problem on this team. I’m going to try to block shots, try to play up on the ball and all the other stuff that is going to make this team become a winning team and a playoff team.”

The Knicks main offseason major acquisition was Milicic, who was obtained from Memphis on draft day in exchange for guard Quentin Richardson. For Milicic, it was a dream come true when he received the call that he was dealt to the Knicks.

“I dreamed to be part of the New York Knicks at the beginning of my career," he said. "I think every player wants to be part of the New York Knicks. This is a big organization, a big team, and I love New York. I’m glad to be here.”

But before he could get here, Milicic had a very busy offseason in Serbia. Not only did the 24-year-old get married, but he and his wife, Zorana, celebrated the birth of their first child. “I still had time to workout,” he said. Milicic and his family arrived in New York last Friday.

D’Antoni listed Milicic as one of the team’s question marks entering camp and stopped short of saying he’ll get something out of Milicic that the four other coaching staff’s he has played for couldn’t, but it appears now is the perfect time to put him to the test.

“You see his potential,” D’Antoni said. “He’s in a good spot because he just got married, he just had a kid, he’s 24, he speaks great English now and he’s comfortable in America. Sometimes you get guys right at the right moment.”

Both Milicic and the Knicks are hoping that right moment is now.
 7 years ago '04        #6196
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 16 16
 Born_Loser said:

"I want to finish my career here," Harrington told the New York Daily News. "I'm not auditioning myself for anybody."
That is nice and all Al, but I don't know if you fit in our long-term plans buddy.
 7 years ago '04        #6197
space
space
following Hahn on twitter, he's at the training camp and said Curry injured his calf......the good news is he got it from out rebounding Lee
 7 years ago '06        #6198
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Gallinari Practices, and the Knicks Can Barely Contain Themselves

By HOWARD BECK
New York Times
Published: September 29, 2009

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Danilo Gallinari’s scouting report came to life Tuesday night, with dunks, deft passes and fluid moves. From the sideline, Mike D’Antoni could only smile and try not to get carried away.

It was just one training-camp scrimmage, the Knicks’ first of 2009. But watching a healthy, energetic Gallinari run the floor and make plays underlined what D’Antoni, the Knicks’ coach, has been saying all along: the kid can play.

“I’m excited,” D’Antoni said. “I’ll try to tone it down. But you see that he knows how to play.”

The superlatives and expectations keep growing for Gallinari, the sixth overall pick in the 2008 draft. He showed no signs of discomfort in Tuesday’s two practices, or any indication that he had undergone minor back surgery five months ago.

He did, however, show off his full range of skills while playing with the first unit in the evening scrimmage.

Standing on the perimeter, Gallinari beat Larry Hughes off the dribble and fed David Lee inside for a layup attempt. (Lee missed.) When Al Harrington missed a 3-pointer, Gallinari soared in for a putback dunk. And in the highlight of the night, Gallinari spun past Ron Howard and flew in for a two-handed dunk. He missed a 3-pointer, but shooting is one skill the Knicks know Gallinari has in abundance.

D’Antoni has never wavered in his enthusiasm for Gallinari and is not concerned about raising expectations. Gallinari, 21, said he was not concerned either.

“I’m happy for that, because I think that if a player wants to be at a good level, you need responsibility, you need expectations,” Gallinari said, adding: “I like that. I know how to deal with that.”

Gallinari missed training camp last season because of back problems and played only 28 games, which served as his virtual training ground. He reported to camp this year looking sturdy, with seven more pounds of muscle on his frame. He is now listed at 6 feet 10 inches and 225 pounds.

The Knicks contend Gallinari’s skills could help push them into playoff contention. It appears he will get every chance to start on opening night. He played with the projected first unit on Tuesday, alongside Chris Duhon, Wilson Chandler, Lee and Harrington.

“I just admire his game,” said Donnie Walsh, the team’s president. “He looks to get his teammates involved, he can shoot the ball, he can handle the ball and he’s a pretty tough kid.”

D’Antoni opened camp with a round of defensive drills Tuesday morning and set a goal of being one of the top 15 teams, based on opponents’ shooting percentage. The Knicks were 28th last season.

The only bad news of the day came one hour into the night session, when Eddy Curry limped off the court because of a strained right calf. He is listed as day to day. It is a tough setback for Curry, who shed 40 pounds in the off-season in an attempt to revive his career.

“Definitely frustrated, but not discouraged,” Curry said. “I don’t think it’s anything serious.”
:greetings10: haters
 7 years ago '06        #6199
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
This one's for you Born Loser....

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #6200
space
space
i hope you don't wake up in the morning....gonna pray for that s**t right now, :(
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
37 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
164 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SOCCER is better than FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL!!!!!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy