New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Lil mama a thot, and she got ass And she gon' fu-k up a bag
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
OT Trump is doing the thing leaders are supposed to do, b..
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Donald Trump responds to all the backlash from our great NBA and NFL players
279 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DC rapper Fat Trel Released from Prison Goes Live on Instagram!
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #6181
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 1384 1384
I've been saying Hughes is going to get the short end of the stick on his time. He'll need to improve and show more consistency to gain it back. I think he can do well in the system, but it's on him. If he's on the train, cool. If not, deuces.

And I'd like to see Skip in MSG too, but we have so many damn guards, that someone will need to go... Maybe we exchange Nate/Duhon + Hughes for Courtney Lee/Yi + Skip? Pipe dream... I know.
 8 years ago '07        #6183
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 1384 1384
 dj ac said:

[pic - click to view]

Nice look on the pix AC... but I didn't know Rick Ross was on the Knicks

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #6184
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
The largest man in a Knicks uniform Monday could not ignore the big elephant in the room. "You know it's there, I hope they do get LeBron," Eddy Curry said. "I hope I'm here when he comes. If not, I think the city deserves a player like him." There in a nutshell is the 2009-2010 season for the Knicks: the franchise is biding its time until July 1, 2010, when LeBron James headlines a potential free agent class that includes Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh. Knicks president Donnie Walsh has cleared enough salary cap space to make a run at one, if not two, of the top free agents. No matter what happens this season, the Knicks will be players in the free agent market next summer. The only mystery is which players from the current roster will be around one year from today. Danilo Gallinari is viewed as an important piece of the future. But David Lee, Nate Robinson, Al Harrington, Chris Duhon, Larry Hughes and Darko Milicic are all in the final year of their contracts. Of the six, the most likely to return is Lee, who is a favorite of coach Mike D'Antoni. -- NY Daily News
 8 years ago '04        #6185
space
space
Al Harrington is in the final year of his contract, but is very adamant about his desire to remain with the Knicks.

"I want to finish my career here," Harrington told the New York Daily News. "I'm not auditioning myself for anybody."

It may be tough for the Knicks to retain Harrington, even if there is a desire to do so. In order to sign a maximum contract player next summer, New York will have to let most (if not all) of their free agents go.
 8 years ago '06        #6186
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
A lil vid of yesterdays events put together by Cosmic (former poster at RealGM)

h*tp://tinypic.com/player.php?v=4r936u&s=4

(Replace the * with a t)
 8 years ago '04        #6187
space
space
Admitting that he did not properly emphasize defense last season, Mike D'Antoni told the media on Tuesday that he has set a goal for the Knicks to be in the top half of the league on defense.

Last season, the Knicks were last in shot-blocking and gave up the third-most points in the league on the third-highest field goal percentage allowed.
 8 years ago '04        #6188
space
space
Joe Johnson decline his option and will be a free agent 2010.....wouldn't mind him and another dude (a certain PF) coming in
 8 years ago '04        #6189
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Once considered one of the most interesting international prospects in years as a 17-year-old out of Serbia, Darko Milicic found himself on the bench through his first three NBA seasons with the Pistons before spending the past four years playing limited reserve roles with the Magic and Grizzlies. Now, the former No. 2 overall pick has an opportunity to fulfill his potential here in New York with the Knicks.

“All these bad experiences made me kind of lose confidence,” Milicic said. “I’m not going to say I lost the love for the game, but the confidence was a little bit lost during those first years of not playing. I thought, ‘Why am I here when I’m not playing?’

“Not playing for a long time just doesn’t help you at all. When you get in a game after those kinds of years it’s tough because things happen in the game that have never happened to you before so you’re kind of lost and you’re trying to find yourself.”

Milicic will now be looking to find himself in New York, where he is widely considered a perfect fit for Mike D’Antoni’s up-and-down system. He is a thin, athletic big man who can run the floor well. Unfortunately, he's been stuck in more halfcourt sets throughout his seven-year career, playing mostly with his back to the basket.

While the 7-foot Milicic can knock down the midrange jumper, he sees himself in more of a defensive role with the Knicks but will do whatever he needs to in order to get on the floor. He will be competing with David Lee, Jared Jeffries, Al Harrington, Eddy Curry and rookie Jordan Hill for frontcourt minutes, which could be difficult to come by as D'Antoni tends to only play eight or nine players per game.

“I’m hoping for the best, you know,” Milicic said, “and I’m focusing on trying to show the coach that I want to play and that I want to be part of this team.

“I will help this team in any way. It doesn’t matter what it is. You see there are a lot of players who can score, so scoring is not a problem on this team. I’m going to try to block shots, try to play up on the ball and all the other stuff that is going to make this team become a winning team and a playoff team.”

The Knicks main offseason major acquisition was Milicic, who was obtained from Memphis on draft day in exchange for guard Quentin Richardson. For Milicic, it was a dream come true when he received the call that he was dealt to the Knicks.

“I dreamed to be part of the New York Knicks at the beginning of my career," he said. "I think every player wants to be part of the New York Knicks. This is a big organization, a big team, and I love New York. I’m glad to be here.”

But before he could get here, Milicic had a very busy offseason in Serbia. Not only did the 24-year-old get married, but he and his wife, Zorana, celebrated the birth of their first child. “I still had time to workout,” he said. Milicic and his family arrived in New York last Friday.

D’Antoni listed Milicic as one of the team’s question marks entering camp and stopped short of saying he’ll get something out of Milicic that the four other coaching staff’s he has played for couldn’t, but it appears now is the perfect time to put him to the test.

“You see his potential,” D’Antoni said. “He’s in a good spot because he just got married, he just had a kid, he’s 24, he speaks great English now and he’s comfortable in America. Sometimes you get guys right at the right moment.”

Both Milicic and the Knicks are hoping that right moment is now.
 8 years ago '04        #6190
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 16 16
 Born_Loser said:

"I want to finish my career here," Harrington told the New York Daily News. "I'm not auditioning myself for anybody."
That is nice and all Al, but I don't know if you fit in our long-term plans buddy.
 8 years ago '04        #6191
space
space
following Hahn on twitter, he's at the training camp and said Curry injured his calf......the good news is he got it from out rebounding Lee
 8 years ago '06        #6192
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
Gallinari Practices, and the Knicks Can Barely Contain Themselves

By HOWARD BECK
New York Times
Published: September 29, 2009

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. — Danilo Gallinari’s scouting report came to life Tuesday night, with dunks, deft passes and fluid moves. From the sideline, Mike D’Antoni could only smile and try not to get carried away.

It was just one training-camp scrimmage, the Knicks’ first of 2009. But watching a healthy, energetic Gallinari run the floor and make plays underlined what D’Antoni, the Knicks’ coach, has been saying all along: the kid can play.

“I’m excited,” D’Antoni said. “I’ll try to tone it down. But you see that he knows how to play.”

The superlatives and expectations keep growing for Gallinari, the sixth overall pick in the 2008 draft. He showed no signs of discomfort in Tuesday’s two practices, or any indication that he had undergone minor back surgery five months ago.

He did, however, show off his full range of skills while playing with the first unit in the evening scrimmage.

Standing on the perimeter, Gallinari beat Larry Hughes off the dribble and fed David Lee inside for a layup attempt. (Lee missed.) When Al Harrington missed a 3-pointer, Gallinari soared in for a putback dunk. And in the highlight of the night, Gallinari spun past Ron Howard and flew in for a two-handed dunk. He missed a 3-pointer, but shooting is one skill the Knicks know Gallinari has in abundance.

D’Antoni has never wavered in his enthusiasm for Gallinari and is not concerned about raising expectations. Gallinari, 21, said he was not concerned either.

“I’m happy for that, because I think that if a player wants to be at a good level, you need responsibility, you need expectations,” Gallinari said, adding: “I like that. I know how to deal with that.”

Gallinari missed training camp last season because of back problems and played only 28 games, which served as his virtual training ground. He reported to camp this year looking sturdy, with seven more pounds of muscle on his frame. He is now listed at 6 feet 10 inches and 225 pounds.

The Knicks contend Gallinari’s skills could help push them into playoff contention. It appears he will get every chance to start on opening night. He played with the projected first unit on Tuesday, alongside Chris Duhon, Wilson Chandler, Lee and Harrington.

“I just admire his game,” said Donnie Walsh, the team’s president. “He looks to get his teammates involved, he can shoot the ball, he can handle the ball and he’s a pretty tough kid.”

D’Antoni opened camp with a round of defensive drills Tuesday morning and set a goal of being one of the top 15 teams, based on opponents’ shooting percentage. The Knicks were 28th last season.

The only bad news of the day came one hour into the night session, when Eddy Curry limped off the court because of a strained right calf. He is listed as day to day. It is a tough setback for Curry, who shed 40 pounds in the off-season in an attempt to revive his career.

“Definitely frustrated, but not discouraged,” Curry said. “I don’t think it’s anything serious.”
:greetings10: haters
 8 years ago '06        #6193
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
This one's for you Born Loser....

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #6194
space
space
i hope you don't wake up in the morning....gonna pray for that s**t right now, :(
 8 years ago '06        #6195
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
i hope you don't wake up in the morning....gonna pray for that s**t right now, :(
now im not going to sleep.....thanks d*ck

8 years ago '08        #6196
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,730 | Props total: 1209 1209
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
This one's for you Born Loser....

lmfao
 8 years ago '04        #6197
space
space
William Wesley is the proverbial guy behind the guy behind the guy. He's a basketball insider who has Michael Jordan on speed dial and is on a first-name basis with dozens of high profile NBA and college coaches. "World Wide Wes," as he is affectionately known, is also quietly emerging as an important player in the Knicks' pursuit of LeBron James. Wesley is known to be a friend and confidant of LeBron, who can become a free agent on July 1. With that in mind, it probably doesn't hurt that Wesley and Knicks president Donnie Walsh have become Best Friends Forever. -- NY Daily News
 8 years ago '04        #6198
space
space
Rafer Alston denied an unsourced blog report that claims he wants to play for the Knicks or Miami because there won't be enough minutes in New Jersey to earn a lucrative contract. "For somebody to put that out there right before camp" is irresponsible, Alston said. "I immediately called and told them that story didn't come from me." -- Newark Star-Ledger
 8 years ago '04        #6199
space
space
should we risk and keep?

Frank Isola speculates that if Eddy Curry has a healthy and productive season, he could forgo the last season of his contract in order to seek a long-term deal next summer.

Curry has an option that would pay him more than $11 million next season. The Knicks would gladly apply the additional cap space to their 2010 free-agent pursuits.

It has been considered a given that Curry would opt in for the 2010-2011 season because he undoubtedly would take a loss in that season under any new contract. What is not clear is whether the prospect of signing a new multi-year contract would be enough reason to convince Curry to elect to become a free-agent next summer.

One factor that could come into play is the expiration of the current collective bargaining agreement after 2010. A new CBA, one that is expected to be less favorable to the players, will govern free-agency in 2011.
 8 years ago '04        #6200
space
space
1. ALL EYES ON GALLO

We've heard major rumblings from Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni and his teammates that the time is now for Danilo Gallinari. If there was a microscope on this kid, it just went into high focus. I see a tougher Toni Kukoc and maybe eventually a Hedo Turkoglu type, but not yet ... Definitely not yet.

2. AL HARRINGTON IS READY TO ROLL

Armed with a chiseled body and a positive attitude, Harrington seems eager to begin his first full season in New York. Although at times last year he took too many bad shots, Harrington said repeatedly he is putting the team first. Time will tell about that statement.

3. CHRIS DUHON'S LEADERSHIP

Let's face it, Duhon is a winner. At both Duke and with the Chicago Bulls, the sturdy point guard was a part of winning. Lean and in top-notch shape, Duhon seems primed for a solid year at the point.

4. TONEY DOUGLAS' CONFIDENCE

T-Doug isn't taking a back seat to anyone and has high goals for himself, comparing his game to Joe Dumars. The kid from Florida State has serious bite and could emerge as a crowd favorite because of his pressure D. Most importantly, he's a Stallone fan. When I asked him if his game resembled Clubber Lang from Rocky III, he laughed and said, "Yeah, I like that."

5. A CROWDED FRONTCOURT

David Lee, Harrington, Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, and Darko Milicic all figure to compete for major minutes in the frontcourt with Lee and Harrington the only locks for consistent time. Where does that leave Knicks rookie Jordan Hill? Probably dealing with some time on the pine during a rookie year filled with learning the NBA game. Don't be down though, Jordan, at least you're not in Tucson.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside would you smush
38 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Aurora Jolie could get it
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Bill Nye meets a group of drunk Thots in elevator LMAO
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kenneka Jenkins Update [OMFG]
130 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Best Films of the Year so Far?
126 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside HDR isn't being given any fu-ks in gaming?
17 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Well Damn Drakes gives a tour of a Ferris Rafauli built mansion
78 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside I REALLY hope Kanye has a sense of humor about this, if he ever sees th..
101 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy