New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Breaking News: TaxsTone Arrested For Murder For Indicent At Irving Plaza
539 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Troy Ave's Lawyer Reacts To Taxstone's Arrest & Tax's Gun Charge Is Connected ..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA BX: Carmelo Anthony Trade Proposals
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jim Jones Says He's Going To Put Hands On Ben Baller & Baller Replies "..
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-18-2009, 03:33 PM         #6041
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We need our young'ns to blossom, bringing in The Canswer would be a terrible move.
 08-18-2009, 03:34 PM         #6042
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes bring in Iverson for one season. I Support!
 7 years ago '04        #6043
Born_Loser|M 91 heat pts91
space
space
$41,223 | Props total: 2740 2740

The Knicks have been extremely patient in their negotiations this summer with free agents such as David Lee, Ramon Sessions and Nate Robinson. Because of the projected decline of the salary cap, there will be very little margin of error if the Knicks intend to sign more than one high priced free agent in 2010.

Using the current cap of $57.7M (Same Cap), as well as the High Cap ($53.6M) and Low cap ($50.4M) figures, which are based on the 2% to 5% decline, respectively, in BRI that is projected by the NBA league office, we can estimate precisely how much cap space will be available for the Knicks in 2010.

2010 Knicks’ Salary Cap Room (as of projected roster from August 18, 2009)

Cap Room: $20.22M (Low Cap), $23.42M (High Cap), $27.52M (Same Cap)

Available Cap Room After One Max Contract: $4.13M (Low Cap), $7.33M (High Cap), $11.43M (Same Cap)

Also note that if the cap does NOT decline next summer, and stays at this season’s level (Same Cap), the Knicks would have room to offer a second max contract ONLY IF the team rids itself of Jared Jeffries. Even if the cap declines just 2%, a second max contract would not be possible.

2010 Knicks’ Salary Cap Room if contract of Jared Jeffries is removed

Cap Room: $26.63M (Low Cap), $29.83M (High Cap), $33.93M (Same Cap)

Cap Room After One Max Contract: $10.54M (Low Cap), $13.74M (High Cap), $17.84M (Same Cap)
dee dee dee
 7 years ago '06        #6044
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
Nate Robinson Arrested

Nate Robinson was arrested for driving with a suspended license, apparently after being pulled over in the Bronx because his windows were too dark.

Nets' rookie Terrence Williams was also in the car with Robinson.
 08-18-2009, 09:59 PM         #6045
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
:applause: Brings his value down so we can keep him.
 7 years ago '04        #6046
space
space
If not for the one-year, $2.9 million qualifying offer they issued Nate Robinson before July 1 as procedure to keep him restricted, the arrest that included his immature tweet postings during the incident could have been the end to his Knicks career. The Knicks had seen enough recklessness and immaturity from Robinson on the court to realize he wasn't a player worthy of a long-term deal. It's been no secret the Knicks have no interest in retaining Robinson for more than a one-year deal. Still, not one team tendered him an offer sheet for two years that would not have been matched by Donnie Walsh. Robinson can still accept the Knicks' qualifying offer. After a bad day in The Bronx, he may have no choice. -- NY Post

7 years ago '04        #6047
space
space
As for Ramon Sessions . . . I continue to hear that the Knicks remain the 23 year old's last remaining legitimate option. The Clippers seem content with their roster and the Bucks just recently made additions (Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic) that suggest they are ready to move on, as well. The threat is still there for the Bucks to match a cheap offer sheet, but whenever Sessions (or his agent) is ready to accept the Knicks' offer in the $4M per range, they're ready to tender the offer sheet. How much longer do you wait if you're Sessions, who made about $700K last season and just saw his team (the Bucks) add two guards to the roster? -- Newsday
 7 years ago '04        #6048
space
space
The Knicks are expected to re-sign David Lee to a one-year deal for more than the qualifying offer. -- NY Post
prick
 7 years ago '06        #6049
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 7 years ago '04        #6050
space
space

To shed light on the Knicks’ drawn-out flirtation with Ramon Sessions, have a look at RealGM’s Wiretap showing the Knicks’ projected salary cap room next summer under worst-case, best-case, and better-than-best-case scenarios.

Under the worst-case scenario, the Knicks would still have $4.13 million of cap room left over after the team signed one max contract in the summer of 2010.

Very likely, Donnie Walsh is trying to keep Sessions’ second-year salary at or below the $4.13 million figure in case the worst-case scenario becomes a reality.

On the other hand, if the salary cap ends up higher than expected and/or the Knicks are able to shed the contracts of Jared Jeffries or Eddy Curry, then every dollar committed to Sessions in 2010-2011 would cut into the cap room that could potentially be large enough to allow the Knicks to offer two maximum salary contracts.

Meanwhile, after the trade to acquire Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic, the Bucks have only $1.60 million of room left before they would pay the luxury tax this season. The Knicks might therefore be safe from Milwaukee matching because their offer sheet to Sessions would be substantially higher than the $1.60 million figure in 2009-2010.

ai-ai-ai-aight cool
 7 years ago '04        #6051
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
lmfao...i just had to post that up on the "twitter machine"
 08-19-2009, 05:09 PM         #6052
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alan Hahn provides an update on the status of restricted free-agent Ramon Sessions.

"I continue to hear that the Knicks remain the 23 year old's last remaining legitimate option," writes Hahn. "The Clippers seem content with their roster and the Bucks just recently made additions (Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic) that suggest they are ready to move on, as well."

According to Hahn, the Knicks are ready to sign an offer sheet at around $4 million per season if and when Sessions accepts.
Cool. A steal at that price. Just work on your off-ball play and improve that shot.
 08-19-2009, 05:11 PM         #6053
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nate Robinson may have hurt his chances at returning to the Knicks following his arrest on Tuesday for driving with a suspended license.

The New York Post points out that the Knicks only have mild interest in bringing the restricted free-agent guard back with a one-year deal.

Robinson's license was suspended for the fifth time in June.

He was stopped Tuesday afternoon by police in Bronx while driving around with Nets rookie forward Terrence Williams.

Robinson posted a number of updates on his Twitter page during the incident, which he later apologized for in a post.

"To All My Tweeps: I was irresponsible earlier when I tweeted about being pulled over," Robinson wrote afterwards. "I thought it was for tinted windows but turns out I had an unpaid ticket and I wasn't aware the ticket had been mailed to my Seattle address ... I apologize to the Knicks, my family and fans."
I forgive you Nate. You're still the best little big man ever.
 7 years ago '07        #6054
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,950 | Props total: 264 264
 Born_Loser said:
[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE]
ai-ai-ai-aight cool
great news... this has just made my day. :agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #6055
Bx_Bomberz 142 heat pts142
space
space
$12,356 | Props total: 6029 6029
f**k a ramon sessions

if u dont sign sessions for 4mil and get rid of jeffries's 5mil

you go from signing joe johnson to signing 2 max's

other then rubio talk anynews that doesnt involve the knicks shipping jared jeffries is bad news

as for david lee... if he helps get jeffries outa ny f**k him
 7 years ago '06        #6056
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,597 | Props total: 1966 1966
 Bx_bomberz said:
f**k a ramon sessions

if u dont sign sessions for 4mil and get rid of jeffries's 5mil

you go from signing joe johnson to signing 2 max's

other then rubio talk anynews that doesnt involve the knicks shipping jared jeffries is bad news

as for david lee... if he helps get jeffries outa ny f**k him
u actually want that bum in a Knick jersey?
 7 years ago '06        #6057
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 - Streetz - said:
u actually want that bum in a Knick jersey?
for somebody who is so "unproven", how has he proven to be a bum in your eyes? i just dont get your blind hate?
 7 years ago '05        #6058
Bx_Bomberz 142 heat pts142
space
space
$12,356 | Props total: 6029 6029
regardless of how good he will be, having a young point with tons of upside will look good to lebron and other free agents. plus hes got plenty of time he was born in 1990
 08-20-2009, 08:31 PM         #6059
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bx_bomberz said:
regardless of how good he will be, having a young point with tons of upside will look good to lebron and other free agents. plus hes got plenty of time he was born in 1990
f**k LeBron.
 7 years ago '07        #6060
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,545 | Props total: 290 290
 TimeIsMoney said:
f**k LeBron.
Word, f**k Lebron! at these fake knick fans man....Dont they know real knick fans want Joe Johnson & Tayshaun Prince!?? :applause::applause:, right TimeIsMoney?

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 08-20-2009 at 11:11 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ANANSA "Sexy isn't a size it's a attitude"
62 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
do you believe this tweet? : ''real freaks work at the hospital"
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Can We Talk For A Minute? brennaraina
28 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Product Of The Motherland
49 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Poor Gohan:mjcry:
64 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Pac Gave Suge Knight The Deathrow Chain Back Before He Died, He Wante..
90 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jan 15 - Pres. Elect Trump Reacts To CIA Head Saying He Doesn't Unders..
80 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 5 Child Stars You Didn't Know Died
67 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy