New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Forbes: Highest paid YouTube stars :wtf:
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Soulja Boy - Beef (Quavo Diss)
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This picture more rare than Papoose without a hat
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #5761
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2176 2176
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
i think Walsh will buy a 2nr rounder...

i mean, there are still some players that fit that the Knicks could be interested in
word....last time i checked, this is NY...we can afford too
 7 years ago '06        #5762
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 - Streetz - said:
na dummy, in a trade to move up from 29 and move to the early 20s
f**k are u thinkin, questioning my logic n*gga:cool-smiley-009:

you know how hard it was to get a mid-late 1st rounder...we had to give up a future 2nd rounder and 3 MILLION to secure the 29th pick. Blazers gave up their 1st rounder and 2 future 2nd rounders plus cash to move up 2 spots.

u callin me dummy, yet you didnt know that we didnt even have our pick next year.

7 years ago '04        #5763
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
callin me dummy, yet you didnt know that we didnt even have our pick next year.

even after all them times i mentioned that tanking next year is retarded considering we dont have s**t
 7 years ago '06        #5764
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
DAMN YOU Adam SIlver!!!

you got me amped when you said "There's been a trade, the NY Knicks...", I thought he was gunna say traded for RUBIO!!!!

ya prick!
 7 years ago '04        #5765
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
DAMN YOU Adam SIlver!!!

you got me amped when you said "There's been a trade, the NY Knicks...", I thought he was gunna say traded for RUBIO!!!!

ya prick!

i thought i wasthe only one...n*gga announcing trades that happened in the first round, f**k him
 7 years ago '04        #5766
space
space
10:41 PM: TRADE: The Knicks and Grizzlies have completed a trade in which Darko Milicic will be heading to New York for Quentin Richardson. Cash will also be sent to Memphis.
 7 years ago '08        #5767
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,874 | Props total: 5580 5580
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
DAMN YOU Adam SIlver!!!

ya prick!

They rubbing it in lol at him announcing the lakers/douglas deal again
 7 years ago '04        #5768
space
space
10:45 PM: TRADE: The Lakers have officially conveyed the draft rights to Toney Douglas to the Knicks for a future pick and cash.
 7 years ago '04        #5769
space
space
drafting their 4th PG lmfao

i guess Minnesota is trying to be like the Hawks (who only draft SF) and the D. Lions (who only draft WR's) lmfao
 06-25-2009, 11:52 PM         #5770
nyknicks19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i just realized how hill and douglas fill in perfectly as replacements for lee and robinson.....i would give up anything aside from chandler and gallinari to get rubio
 7 years ago '04        #5771
space
space
Earlier indications were that the Knicks and Wolves were discussing a trade to send Ricky Rubio to the Knicks.

But Alan Hahn reports that "a source with knowledge of the Knicks' thinking said there was nothing in the works" with the Wolves regarding Rubio.
 7 years ago '09        #5772
ShowTimesince79 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
Jordan Hill? huh? i dont know much about him but he seems like a David Lee replacement. i hope thats not the case, i want Lee and Nate to be a part of this team when we start to win. them dudes have been our heart.
 7 years ago '06        #5773
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Alright....after the dust has settled, i give you my take on the draft.

With Rubio, Curry, Evans, and Flynn off the board...Instead of selecting a point guard for the sake of drafting a point guard, Walsh elected to take the 2nd best BIG in the draft. One who likes to run and could be an excellent fit in D'Antoni's system. As for Toney Douglas, what can I say? He was fun to watch in the 2nd half of the ACC season last year. He's a tough defensive minded guard who can light it up at any given time. He reminds me of a Ben Gordon type. I'm happy with this draft overall.

These 2 essentially replace the roles of David Lee and Nate Robinson. They're younger, cost-controlled, and most importantly...better DEFENSIVELY! These moves give us options, something Donnie has given himself since he's taken the job.

I really wished for Rubio...and you can see, he STILL could be an option. Its wishful thinking, but I'll still hold out hope.

Trading Q for Darko was a no-brainer. We add another big man who could also block a shot and fit or style.

This is just the beginning for Walsh and this all important offseason, next step is July 1st and the pending FA issues with Lee and Nate. Sign & Trade? Re-sign Both? One of em?

And with a boat load of financial a.ssets and young talent, can the knicks get D'Antoni the player to put the knicks back in the playoffs?

Ive put all my trust into Walsh'Toni, Im not gunna give in to a knee jerk reaction...Walsh has been around the block, he knows what he is doing. He's done nothing thats shown me otherwise.

I look forward to the rest of what he has in store for us...cause this is just the beginning
 7 years ago '04        #5774
space
space
The Timberwolves indicated they intended to keep both players, but there was immediate speculation that the Knicks, who have coveted Rubio, were angling to make a deal. "That's a big surprise for me, they took another point guard," Rubio said. "But we are going to see what they want." Rubio's father, Esteve, cast serious doubt about Rubio's future with the Timberwolves, telling the Spanish Web site Marca.com, "Right now, Ricky is likely staying in Europe one or two years." He added, "We have to talk to the people in Minnesota and see what happens" and "we could be in Minnesota or somewhere else." -- NY Times
 7 years ago '04        #5775
space
space
Since Coach Mike D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh joined the Knicks before the season, only Wilson Chandler, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Jared Jeffries and Eddy Curry remain from their time. Lee and Robinson are restricted free agents, although the Knicks are expected to make strong efforts to retain them. -- NY Times
 7 years ago '04        #5776
space
space
THIS IS WHY WE DIDN'T GET THE 5TH PICK

The Knicks had discussions with Washington about acquiring the Wizards' fifth overall selection. They ended when the Wizards requested Wilson Chandler. Washington dealt the pick to the Timberwolves. -- NY Times
 7 years ago '04        #5777
space
space
LET'S TANK THIS YEAR....f**king idiots

The Jazz own New York's first-round pick next year, and there no longer are any restrictions on the selection -- even if it ends up being No. 1 overall. And though the Knicks' recent track record suggests it could be quite high -- ideally high enough to nab the NBA's greatest player ever, should the '10 draft produce such a prospect -- the Jazz respectfully are trying not to get too excited too soon. -- Deseret News
 7 years ago '04        #5778
space
space
Stephen Curry expressed his desire to play for the Knicks multiple times prior to the draft, but ended up with the Warriors.

Many took Curry's reaction after hearing his name called as frustration, but he says that wasn't the case. When commissioner David Stern called his name as the seventh pick, he put his hands together and bowed his head.

"That was my reaction thanking God for the opportunity to be drafted," Curry said afterward. "It wasn't anything about not going to New York or disappointment or anything like that."

Curry remains in limbo, linked to Phoenix in rumors of a possible trade involving Amare Stoudemire.
 7 years ago '07        #5779
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 168 168
OK... I know I'm late. But since MJ died, Minny took Rubio, and GS took Steph, I was hurt. Yesterday f**ked me up.

My take on the draft:
Jordan Hill isn't the glamorous pick but he'll put in work. Toney isn't Jack McClinton but he can score like him, is slightly taller, as strong, and was ACC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YR. We have cheaper, more defensive minded players.

Best case scenario:
Hill = D Lee + Amare/Boozer
Douglas = Nate + Ben Gordon + Bruce Bowen

Worst case scenario:
Hill = D Lee + Chris Wilcox
Douglas = Nate + Jannero Pargo/Al Harrington at 6'1"

The good news is that Hill developed into talented player with a revolving door at Head Coach, and Douglass was the leader of his team. Arguably two of the better picks we could have made. I was hoping for Calathes, Jack Mac, or Budinger at 29, but I'll live with these picks. I trust Donnie D'Antoni.

I Am The Truth gives the Knicks a B+.

Now... it's time for work.

*Plays MJ's Off the Wall* "Life ain't so bad at all, when you're living off the wall!"
R.I.P. to the G.O.A.T.

Last edited by I Am The Truth; 06-26-2009 at 11:03 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #5780
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
OK... I know I'm late. But since MJ died, Minny took Rubio, and GS took Steph, I was hurt. Yesterday f**ked me up.

My take on the draft:
Jordan Hill isn't the glamorous pick but he'll put in work. Toney isn't Jack McClinton but he can score like him, is slightly taller, as strong, and was ACC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YR. We have cheaper, more defensive minded players.

Best case scenario:
Hill = D Lee + Amare/Boozer
Douglas = Nate + Ben Gordon + Bruce Bowen

Worst case scenario:
Hill = D Lee + Chris Wilcox
Douglas = Nate + Jannero Pargo/Al Harrington at 6'1"

The good news is that Hill developed into talented player with a revolving door at Head Coach, and Douglass was the leader of his team. Arguably two of the better picks we could have made. I was hoping for Calathes, Jack Mac, or Budinger at 29, but I'll live with these picks. I trust Donnie D'Antoni.

I Am The Truth gives the Knicks a B+.

Now... it's time for work.

*Plays MJ's Off the Wall* "Life ain't so bad at all, when you're living off the wall!"
R.I.P. to the G.O.A.T.

:agreement6:

when you look at this draft with a trusting eye, you can be opened minded about these players. Walsh'Toni have free reign when it comes to personel decisions for me, they havent shown me any reason to question otherwise.

I do have a strong feeling the Knicks will remain interested in Rubio, but will target Steve Nash in this offseason. I think Walsh gets D'Antoni his guy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
160 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Blackberry Byke
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
39 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy