New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Pete Rock Goes in on Young Thug for Hassling Airport Workers
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside He's back!! Kangaroo got time now
76 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside TIME New Trump cover with the slick image placement
14 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #5401
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 I Am The Truth said:
BJ might jump up the rankings or drop off the list, depending on his workout situation. I think how he popped off about Rubio though was very weird, or blown out of proportion... wish I could see that footage of the questions asked and the context.

*and lets not call him "BJ", some might confuse that with BJ Mullins...lets call him by his real name "Marbury 2.0"
 7 years ago '06        #5402
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
Marbury 2.0 / Evans Workout....

“I really want to come here, I’m not gonna lie,” Brandon Jennings said after today’s workout. “D’Antoni’s system is great for all point guards. You seen what he did for Steve Nash MVP back-to-back years and the Suns were one of the most exciting teams to watch for those two years, so you know his system is great for me.

Tyreke Evans was also quick to point out that he’s sees himself as a D’Antoni-type player.

“I think it would be a great fit for me,” said Tyreke Evans. “I’m a basketball player, I can play the point guard position if you give me the ball you know I can make things happen. At the 2 guard position I can score as well. I’m good at both.”

Although it’s great to hear, and you love the fact there IS some excitement to play here, it seems like, at least the way I see it, they think this system is a bit of a free-for-all. In actuality, there is real structure here.

It’s more than just running and pick and rolls and shooting quick in the shot clock.

Which leads us to Jennings. Coming in I felt that the kid is a bit of a loose cannon and he did little to squash my opinion on that. He’s loud, brash and really confident. Okay, let’s face it, he’s a bit of a knucklehead, which is fine except when you’re developing team chemistry it’s very important who you bring in. ESPECIALLY at the point.

You’d have to wonder, really wonder, if D’Antoni would subject himself to that again having had to put up with the apparently soon-to-be-jettisoned Nate Robinson. Sure, they are two different people, but you’d have to imagine D’Antoni and Walsh would be leery about who they bring in to the mix from a total personality and skills standpoint.

The plot thickens.

Notes:

Jennings on his recent comments regarding Rubio:

"I was having too much fun with it. He's not all hype. The kid has more experience than everybody in this draft, he's been playing since he was 14. He's a great player, he did his thing in the Olympics. Overall, he's a great person. I know him, we did a photo shoot together. No disrespect to Ricky Rubio."

Evans on his improved jumpshot:

“Definitely. Came in today and showed them I could shoot. At Memphis a lot people thought it was my downfall, but I got in the gym and worked on it alot and I’m really confident in it now.

Jennings on if he will fall to the Knicks at 8:

“I don’t know. I’ve been hearing there will be a lot of trades in the draft, so I really don’t know.”
 7 years ago '04        #5403
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
With concerns over his strength, shooting and buyout, Ricky Rubio has gone from the consensus number two pick to one of the many wild cards in this year's NBA Draft.

Rubio is not interested in Memphis or Washington and the Thunder appears to be leaning toward selecting James Harden or Stephen Curry. The Kings were thought to be a sure bet but sources in Sacramento tell ESPN that it's far from a lock that they'll pick him if he's still on the board.

Still, Rubio's agent Dan Fegan said the flashy-passing playmaker will remain in the Draft.

Rubio is on his way to the U.S. but it is unlikely he'll participate in a team workout.
 7 years ago '07        #5404
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,895 | Props total: 182 182
thx drunk... and for the record i will amy winehouse myself and go to knicks rehab if we draft BJ mullens... the tinman has more heart

i love jenning's game but damn... i swore he was more mature from the euro league and he pops off about rubio. could it be true, yes. is there a lot of hype around him, yes. i don't want him to be the 2009 bball TO / jeremy shockey / artest: all the talent but a potential head case. let's just hope this was his emotions and his lobbying to be picked higher. hopefully his bball IQ & talent is wat mike d and donnie focus on.

btw: lawson, flynn, jennings, and curry all have very high bball IQs... let's see how jordan hill does t/m

Last edited by I Am The Truth; 06-15-2009 at 10:35 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #5405
space
space
Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans worked out for the Knicks on Monday.

“(Chris) Duhon played a lot of minutes," Jennings said, "But I don’t mind playing them anyway because I’m young, I’m 19, I can go forever. I think New York has good pieces, they have Robinson, Harrington, Lee. So they have great pieces, they just need that point guard to come in here and run the team and then hopefully get LeBron in 2010."
 06-16-2009, 10:49 AM         #5406
NYGallday 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nate is going to be gone noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :frown:

but knicks need to get bigger....steph would be a good a.ss pick for us......he can play two positions...i just hope he dont be taking dumbass shots :angry14:

jennings would be another good pick same with flynn...damn b i just cant wait till the 25th:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #5407
space
space
Houston also seems to be very active in trade talk, particularly in trying to move Tracy McGrady we're told. McGrady will be out for the first 20-30 games of the regular season, but there is some thought that he might be able to help a playoff team down the stretch, particularly since he's in a contract year. Its tough to see how many teams would be able to absorb the 20+ million dollars he's owed next season. The New York Knicks might be one of them. Houston would be looking for a shooting guard in return. -- DraftExpress.com
 7 years ago '04        #5408
space
space
The Cavaliers are not the only team that has inquired about a trade with the Suns for Shaquille O'Neal. Among a small group of others is the Knicks, but before we go for a drive to Rumorville, a source said it was mainly Donnie Walsh doing his due diligence and did not engage in any serious discussions. O'Neal, 37, has one year left at $20 million and, according to several persons with knowledge of the situation, would welcome a trade to New York. But the preference would be to move to a championship contender such as the Cavs. -- Newsday
 7 years ago '04        #5409
space
space
It would be a great night for the Knicks if Arizona power forward Jordan Hill fell, too. The Post has learned Knicks president Donnie Walsh has secretly coveted Hill, the 6-foot-10 big man whom they would take in a heartbeat over Curry. Walsh told confidants that after the draft order was established he thought a better chance existed of Hill slipping to them. That's because some teams picking before the Knicks weren't in the market for bigs. -- NY Post
 7 years ago '04        #5410
space
space
A year ago, Brandon Jennings made a point -- and about $1.2 million -- by steering clear of the beaten path. He chose to skip college basketball and spend a season playing professionally in Italy before entering the N.B.A. draft. Now, he has his eye on the Knicks. "I really want to come here, I'm not going to lie," Jennings said Monday after working out for the Knicks and expressing his appreciation for Coach Mike D'Antoni's run-and-gun offense. "D'Antoni's system is great for all point guards. You see what he did for Steve Nash." The Knicks have the eighth selection in next week's draft but seem unlikely to pick Jennings if Davidson's Stephen Curry is available. -- NY Times
 7 years ago '06        #5411
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
I can understand why some want to knock Coach D'Antoni saying his teams dont play defense...but isn't it great reading reports of all these draft prospects who work out for the Knicks that say they would LOVE to come to NY and play for him?

And these are only draft prospects who almost certainly have no chance in deciding where they will go...imagine the Free Agent's who can actually CHOOSE where they want to end up!

Thats why Walsh's plan for Cap Space in 2010 will catapult this franchise back on the map. Even if we dont land LeBron (which now I'm leaning towards the fact he WILL be a Knick in 2010), we will attract major pieces simply because of NY and Coach D'Antoni.

Those who continue to knock this man have zero intelligence!
 7 years ago '04        #5412
space
space
The Knicks would reportedly take Jordan Hill over Stephen Curry in a heartbeat.

The New York Post has reported that Knicks president Donnie Walsh likes Hill, and feels as though there is a better chance of the forward falling than Curry.

Walsh was scheduled to watch Hill during a solo workout on Tuesday.

"If draft day comes and goes and he's on their roster, it's a very good day for the Knicks," said one NBA GM. "He rebounds, defends, scores, and the key is he can run. Bigs that can run is a requisite in Mike's [D'Antoni's] way of playing."
 7 years ago '06        #5413
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
i like Jordan Hill too...but an Arizona PF selected by the Knicks at #8 worries me (lol...Charmin-aka Baby Duncan)

a lot of this talk is all smoke and mirrors...the Curry love boosted his value and now the Knicks are basically saying they love everyone in this draft in hopes Curry will still be there at 8

*btw...what do you guys think of the "Sub-Section" of the NBA Team Threads???...just seems like it's gunna get messy...for now, only post Knicks news and info in this thread! We have a good flow here!
 7 years ago '07        #5414
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,538 | Props total: 279 279
every other day the knicks are in love with someone else. now its jordan hill

anyone who isnt stupid knows that the Knicks want curry...

i just wish the 25th would get here already, theres only so many smokescreens and garbage mock drafts i can take.
 7 years ago '04        #5415
space
space
thank god the experts are just bandwagon n*ggas saying this draft was gonna blow and be boring...so many question marks this year, is intriguing as f**k, especially on this team

is the Portland trade for real? if so, what do we get besides Serge? Will Nate be apart of the deal since he said during the playoffs that he sees himself in Portland?

Ellis would demand a trade if GS drafts a PG, will GS still go after Curry who last time i check run the exact system we do and have Don Nelson, who's more of a JUST SHOOT coach than Mike D

Are D. Lee's days really numbered? If so, is he gone draft night?

Will T-Mac's expiring contract make it's way up to NY?

Is fate on our side and scare teams away from Rubio long enough to come to us?
 7 years ago '07        #5416
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,895 | Props total: 182 182
 Born_Loser said:
thank god the experts are just bandwagon n*ggas saying this draft was gonna blow and be boring...so many question marks this year, is intriguing as f**k, especially on this team

is the Portland trade for real? if so, what do we get besides Serge? Will Nate be apart of the deal since he said during the playoffs that he sees himself in Portland?

Ellis would demand a trade if GS drafts a PG, will GS still go after Curry who last time i check run the exact system we do and have Don Nelson, who's more of a JUST SHOOT coach than Mike D

Are D. Lee's days really numbered? If so, is he gone draft night?

Will T-Mac's expiring contract make it's way up to NY?

Is fate on our side and scare teams away from Rubio long enough to come to us?
i've been asking myself the same questions...

i think donnie walsh, mike d, and the staff are writing down ALL -- and I mean ALLLLL -- the possibilities and viewing how things will turn out. there are a lot of what if's in this draft.

personally i'm coming to a point where i'm not even wishing for any one player anymore, i'm just hoping we get the best player available for our needs. IF WE TRADE UP OR DOWN OR FOR ANOTHER PLAYER AFTER THE DRAFT, i just trust that donnie will work out a good deal for us to benefit now, for 2010, and past 2010.

june 25th can't get here fast enough
 7 years ago '04        #5417
space
space
i'm kinda convinced that we will end up with Jordan Hill (if we stay at number 8)

Adding Jordan Hill in the draft would mean the Knicks will attempt to deal free agent David Lee in a sign-and-trade in July, possibly with Portland. -- NY Post
 7 years ago '04        #5418
space
space
Hoopsworld.com has learned that Quentin Richardson of the New York Knicks and Ricky Davis of the Los Angeles Clippers have opted to stay with their respective teams an additional season. Richardson had an early termination option on the $8.7 million salary for the 2009/10 season, which is now locked in with the Knicks. Davis, coming off a year with a terrible case of knee tendinitis, exercised his player option for $2.4 million. -- Hoops World
 7 years ago '04        #5419
space
space
The question isn't whether the Knicks would take Arizona power forward Jordan Hill. The question is whether enough teams ahead of the Knicks looking at guards will hasten Hill's fall to No. 8 on June 25. That Hill worked out for the Knicks yesterday was a great sign -- an acknowledgement that Hill may still be on the board when the Knicks come up to bat at No. 8. "There could be a chance," Hill said after his solo workout. "Just to be sure, we have a backup plan and showcase for the lower top 10. Anything can happen in this draft. New York is a good place. You got to see what comes down." Hill, the 6-foot-10 junior, is long, athletic, can defend the post, run the floor and has an excellent 17-foot jump shot. Before buying your Stephen Curry or Jrue Holiday jersey, the Knicks may go with a power forward despite their roster makeup. If Hill is there, Curry won't be. -- NY Post
 7 years ago '04        #5420
space
space
btw, remember Portland does have 4 second round picks and the Knicks have been throwing it out there that they want another pick, either late 1st or 2nd round....i doubt Lee is the one headed to Portland for the simple reason that Portland has like a million PF.....but hey, the samething can be said about Atlanta who seems to think they can win with an entire team of SF's lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
175 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
80 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
188 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
144 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy