NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA My Friend Just Met Klay Thompson
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Transformers: The Last Knight(official trailer)
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #5341
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,874 | Props total: 5581 5581
Chandlers gonna be the only dude from the 08/09 team that will still be on the team in 2010
 7 years ago '07        #5342
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
 dj ac said:
Chandlers gonna be the only dude from the 08/09 team that will still be on the team in 2010
no gallo?
 7 years ago '04        #5343
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2177 2177
Though the Knicks likely will take a combo-type guard in the June 25 NBA Draft, Knicks team president Donnie Walsh will eye a center with his $5 million mid-level exception during free agency, and Orlando's 7-foot backup Marcin Gortat is very high on his list, The Post has learned. The Polish big man originally was drafted by coach Mike D'Antoni's Suns in the second round of 2005, but they traded his rights. -- NY Post
 7 years ago '06        #5344
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
Sergio Rodriguez to the Knicks......a done deal?

TRANSLATION...

June 25th, 2009. Madison Square Garden. In this day we celebrate the NBA draft. In this day we will officially recognize the future of Sergio Rodriguez. Officially we can anticipate that, after three seasons in Portland, the point guard will realize another dream in his promising career as a basketball player: dress in a New York Knicks jersey, one of the teams with most prestige in the NBA.

According to sources of the New York team, contacted by Yahoo-Eurosport, the agreement was closed 20 days ago between the Blazers and the Knicks. [Bad Translation] The environment of the player, who does not want to make declarations until the 25th, has been caught up in the recent days in closing daily affairs of what will be the daiy life of the player n New York?[/Bad Translation]

The coach of Italian origin, Mike D'Antoni, has been the main pusher for the acquiring of "El Chacho" for the Knicks. The New York team faces a period of transition in waiting for the 2010-2011 season, in which it wants to pound in monumental effect with the acquiring of Lebron James, who in the summer of next year will be a free agent once having finished his contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers. The recruitment of Sergio, who perfectly fits the mold to the type of game that New York would make with James, would have collateral consequences for another one of our great guards, Ricky Rubio, who will be left without a place in the Big Apple's team.

Like this closes the first chapter of Sergio Rodriguez in the best league in the world. One more period of lights and shadows that of a rose garden, in which there have been lights and shadows, but that has left well to the clear that Nate McMillan does not trust in his qualities to direct those of Oregon. In this last season, the player participated in 80 games, including 13 as a starter when Steve Blake suffered a shoulder injury. His averages were 4.4 points and 3.6 a.ssists in 15 minutes. The drop that topped the cup came in the 1st round of the playoffs during the series against Houston, in which he averaged only 5 minutes per game.

At the conclusion of the last game, #11 of the Blazers declared to the news publication "The Oregonian": "Here, I Don't think I can do anything more. It's impossible. I don't know what will be my future, but I think something is going to happen, whether a trade or something. I trust in me and feel that I need a change.

Said and done. The player's agent, Jose Ortiz, who had already had contact with the Knicks and various other teams in the month of February, came to an agreement with the New York franchise for the the next 3 seasons.

In the meantime, the player continues in Madrid, training under the orders of Jota Cuspinera, coach of Students- with the objective to improve the defense and change his shooting technique. The objective: start the season at the tob and leave good sensations from the first minute where he makes his new home: Madison Square Garden. Change of garden for one of our big players. Hopefully it will be to improve.

So they saying this deal was agreed upon 20 days ago and the Mike D'Antoni is the one pushing for Rodriguez.

What does this mean in the longrun?

Who are we offering for Sergio?

well....Nate and Lee cant be S&T til July 1st, so a deal involving them would have to be agreed upon in principal. But the article clearly states that this will be a draft day deal.

how about...the Trade Exemption we got in the Balkman deal and 2 of our "partially" guarunteed contracts of those 10-day players. Sounds a lot like Walsh's trade of Balkman last year to the Nuggets, where Portland gets the exemption but waives the other 2 players.

i cant possibly see the #8 pick being part of the deal if this is indeed true.

Is this the end of Duhon?....do we use Duhon's exprining and vet pg abilities to make a bigger move?

Does this mean the knicks have soured on Steph Curry as our pick at #8?...Derozan anyone? Maybe they look to move up and grab Thabeet?

*this offseason just starting to heat up*

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 06-08-2009 at 01:47 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #5345
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,383 | Props total: 65 65
i dont know if we should trade duhon, he's expiring

maybe get tyrone lue as a back up(he's not THAT bad) to steph curry
 7 years ago '04        #5346
space
space
 TheKidHypno' said:
i dont know if we should trade duhon, he's expiring

maybe get tyrone lue as a back up(he's not THAT bad) to steph curry
i don't wanna a Joe Camel dude rocking them beautiful colors...gonna have to get all Jerome James 2.0 on his a.ss

wouldn't even be shocked if we traded for Amare this year either
 7 years ago '06        #5347
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
whats your guys thoughts on the Sergio deal???

they are saying its a done deal....
 7 years ago '04        #5348
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

been saying for a minute that i would love to have Serg over here...but back to funny looking dudes, only funny looking dude i want, especially if we trade Lee is Noah's Arc

just shocks me that as diverse as a city as NY is...and that doesn't reflect the basketball team much

Last edited by Born_Loser; 06-08-2009 at 02:22 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #5349
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,874 | Props total: 5581 5581
 Truth B T0ld said:
no gallo?
He gotta team option aint no gurantee the knicks pick it up
 7 years ago '04        #5350
space
space
 dj ac said:
He gotta team option aint no gurantee the knicks pick it up
him being italian and a pure shooter under Mike D's system makes him a guarantee...especially if he can continue to show progress in his first REAL season with (hope hope) no back pain
 7 years ago '04        #5351
space
space
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

and also, i think this pretty much ends Rubio coming to NY...Serg as the starter and Duhon as the backup....think it's time to consider thinking of a realistic number 8 pick and either a late first round, early 2nd round pick....maybe more depend on the Blazer trade
 7 years ago '04        #5352
space
space
With their midlevel exception, the Knicks will search for a defensive center and Orlando's Marcin Gortat is high on their list.

Gortat was drafted by the Suns in 2005 when Mike D'Antoni was their head coach. His draft rights were subsequently traded.

Gortat told the New York Post he would welcome a move to New York.

"I love New York, I can tell you that," Gortat said. "It was the first city I landed when I landed in the states five years ago. I love Coach D'Antoni and I know [Danilo] Gallinari from Europe."

Otis Smith can match any offer, but said he knows it will be a financial challenge to retain Gortat.

"He's got the best job in America, playing behind my best player, playing 8 to 10 minutes," Smith said. "He goes out and does his job and probably has the best work ethic of anyone in the locker room. Can he start for another team? Yeah he can.

"I'll just deal with it and the market will dictate where he goes," Smith added.
 7 years ago '04        #5353
space
space
According to a report from Yahoo-Eurosport, the Knicks will acquire Sergio Rodriguez in a draft night trade.

Sources from the Knicks say the two sides have had a deal agreed upon for almost three weeks.

Mike D'Antoni is reportedly driving the interest in the Portland point guard.
 7 years ago '04        #5354
space
space
If the Knicks dangle forward David Lee in a sign-and-trade, the Pistons could be one of the teams interested.

New York is looking to clear cap space for 2010, and Detroit has significant cap room this offseason.

assuming D-Lee ain't going to Portland....anybody in Detroit tickles your fancy in coming to NY in a realistic scenario?
 7 years ago '07        #5355
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,536 | Props total: 278 278
 Born_Loser said:
and also, i think this pretty much ends Rubio coming to NY...Serg as the starter and Duhon as the backup....think it's time to consider thinking of a realistic number 8 pick and either a late first round, early 2nd round pick....maybe more depend on the Blazer trade
@ sergio being the starter

most likely he'll be backing up whatever PG we draft

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 06-08-2009 at 04:57 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #5356
space
space
Donnie Walsh was scheduled to return from Italy last night after spending a weekend checking out what Europe has to offer for the NBA draft. Spain's Ricky Rubio was not among the group working out at the Reebok camp in Treviso. New York is a destination very high on the 18-year-old Spaniard's list, but it is unlikely he will fall to the Knicks at No. 8. Now it seems even Stephen Curry might not be there, either. The Davidson star, who has been quite open about his interest in becoming a Knick, has seen his stock rise to the point that he could wind up being taken by a team that trades up to a spot ahead of the Knicks. The Trail Blazers and Bobcats are said to be enamored of what Curry can bring. The Knicks will get a close-up look at Curry on Wednesday when he visits the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh for his predraft workout. Curry will be joined by UCLA guard Jrue Holiday, in whom the Knicks also are very interested.-- Newsday
 7 years ago '04        #5357
space
space
A Spanish newspaper apparently is reporting the Knicks have a pre-arranged draft-night deal in place for Portland point guard Sergio Rodriguez. If it means giving up little, fine, for if they do that and draft a point guard, that means they have three, including Chris Duhon (in presumably his final Knicks season, pending a trade this summer). Rodriguez wouldn't be much of an upgrade and he would've been more useful last season. But it certainly seems clear the Knicks intend to bolster their backcourt _ at the expense of letting Nate Robinson walk. -- Bergen Record
 7 years ago '04        #5358
space
space
The Grizzlies have been approached by several teams about acquiring the second overall pick. Boston, Houston and New York are said to be among the most recent suitors.

Boston and Houston would likely have to offer an established NBA player or two, given that neither team owns a first-round pick. New York owns the eighth pick and likely would want to move up for the opportunity to take Ricky Rubio.
 7 years ago '04        #5359
space
space
The Knicks are scheduled to have Syracuse point guard Jonny Flynn in for a workout on Tuesday.

North Carolina's Ty Lawson will join Flynn, while Davidson's Stephen Curry and UCLA's Jrue Holiday will be showcased on Wednesday.
 7 years ago '06        #5360
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
i've been reading a lot up on all these recent rumors and things are getting really interesting. for the first time in a long time, the knicks have me guessing as to who we are actually zoning in on in the draft. normally, we all have an idea as to who the one or two guys are the we will most likely draft. this year, its all smoke screens. Largley in part to our shrewd, wise, and experienced GM...Donnie Walsh.

Over the course of one season, this man has completely turned around the culture of this franchise. Bringing in D'Antoni, who is a proven winner, gave this team an identity. He knew that the draw of NY and playing in Madison Square Garden would peek interest in Free Agency...so he came up with the plan for Cap Flexibility in 2010.

I find the relationship between Walsh and D'Antoni is verrrrrrrrrry interesting. I believe both men have the utmost respect for each other. Walsh believes that D'Antoni's system can win. But Walsh knows he was hired to do a job too, and thats to bring a winner back to NY!

We've seen through the course of the year that D'Antoni and Walsh havent always seen eye-to-eye, The whole Marbury situation, some of the trades...etc. But one thing was always clear, it was simply a "you do yours and i'll do mine" type checks and balance. Meaning, "I have to make these moves in order to stick to the plan, in doing so, I'll get you guys that fit your system".

If you look at the moves that Walsh has made, he's cut salary and got Coach "his" kinda guys...but most importantly, he's upgraded the DEFENSE a little each time.

Which brings me to my point about this years draft. With all that talk surrounding the Knicks now about trying to trade up to #2, I truley feel that Walsh is trying to get Hasheem Thabeet.

Think about it, all Walsh ever talks about is how this team needs to get tougher in the interior, that we need a shot blocker who can alter shots and intimidate in the lane. He's been around the league for 20+ years, he knows a true 7-footer that you can slot into the Center position for a decade only come around every so often. There have even been reports of Walsh saying that the only player he would move up for in the draft is Thabeet.

He needs to get that 2 slot becuase there is a good chance Thabeet lands in Oklahoma City with the 3rd selection.

What do you guys think about this?

I for one would be pretty pissed if we moved up and passed up on Rubio. I have repected every move that Walsh has made since he took over, he's always proved his due dillegence. After the Gallo selection last year, which i was against at the time...I will support whatever he decides to do on draft day (even if we stay at 8 and select BoobieGibson).
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
112 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Fresh Prince otw to Netflix
58 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Cam'ron's Killa Season 2 Tour is a MUST SEE
80 comments
1 day ago