New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Blockbuster Video's unexpected sequel
97 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Guy comes home early to find hisgirl cheating with her step brother an..
209 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
G-Eazy at Prom
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lawsuit Says Birdman and Slim Are Cooking The Books To Avoid Paying Millions I..
119 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #5161
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
Steve Mills, who hired Isiah Thomas to run the Knicks, is leaving MSG in June.

Mills will work for Magic Johnson Enterprises, who recommended Thomas to Mills when the New York Knicks were looking for a team president in 2003.
 8 years ago '04        #5162
space
space
Cablevision is preparing to explore the possibility of spinning off its MSG sports empire which includes the Knicks, Rangers and the Madison Square Garden facility.

Such a spinoff could indicate the sale of MSG but it may be more likely that the business will continue to be owned and operated by the Dolan family.

Some industry analysts expect the Dolans to maintain control of MSG over the long term, even after Cablevision's cable business is sold.

"[T]he notion that the Dolans would retain ownership of MSG and the New York sports teams long after the rest of the a.ssets had been divested has always been viewed as among the most likely outcomes," Craig Moffett, a senior analyst at Bernstein Research, wrote in a report.
 8 years ago '06        #5163
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:
Steve Mills, who hired Isiah Thomas to run the Knicks, is leaving MSG in June.

Mills will work for Magic Johnson Enterprises, who recommended Thomas to Mills when the New York Knicks were looking for a team president in 2003.
:greetings10:

don't let the door kick you in the a$$

Donnie Walsh >>> ______

clean house baby!!!
 8 years ago '06        #5164
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,390 | Props total: 69 69
walsh is doing everything right so far

DONT HIRE MULLEN AND RUIN IT ALL!!!

THE WHITE ISIAH!
 8 years ago '04        #5165
space
space
NBADraft.net cites sources who corroborate that unless the Knicks move up to one of the top three slots, they will pick Davidson's Stephen Curry with the 8th pick.

Curry reportedly chose to enter this year's draft based on the Knicks' a.ssurances.
 8 years ago '04        #5166
Artifacts 
space
space
$3,726 | Props total: 1 1
 Born_Loser said:
NBADraft.net cites sources who corroborate that unless the Knicks move up to one of the top three slots, they will pick Davidson's Stephen Curry with the 8th pick.

Curry reportedly chose to enter this year's draft based on the Knicks' a.ssurances.
hmm.. I dont know about this.. he could be good in D'Antoni's system though
 8 years ago '04        #5167
space
space
A rumor that has been gaining steam is that the Knicks will select Stephen Curry with their 8th pick. We've received word that there could be truth to this from inside sources claiming that Curry chose to put his name into the draft this year based on the Knicks a.ssuring Curry that they would use their lottery selection to draft him. Obviously a lot could happen between now and the draft. The Knicks could always win the lottery (they're not using a top 3 pick on him) or trade their pick. But it appears to be a legitimate possibility that if the Knicks have the 8th pick on draft night they will use it on Curry. Curry's game would fit extremely well in Mike D'Antoni's wide open style and his scoring ability would be enhanced. -- NBADraft.net .....Ben's Take: Curry is a perfect fit for the great Mike D'Antoni system. His perimeter game will light up MSG.
 8 years ago '04        #5168
space
space
Tracy McGrady, with his microfractured knee and $22.5 million salary that comes off the books next July, could be a player the Knicks will pursue this off-season.

Frank Isola writes that the Knicks could swap the expiring contracts of Larry Hughes and Cuttino Mobley to bring in the big name with All-Star pedigree who could improve their shot at the playoffs. That would perhaps make the club more attractive to LeBron James.

There is no guarantee that McGrady will be ready for the start of next season.
 8 years ago '06        #5169
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
i cant stand all this CURRY talk....as much as i hope this is a smokescreen, the knicks have tipped their hand EVERY season as far as i can remember.

we better land a Top 2!!!

May 19th...
 8 years ago '04        #5170
space
space
yeah, on facebook ppl are arguing about who we should get and it's pretty much between, Rubio, Curry and Thabeet...so far, for me it's Rubio than Curry
 8 years ago '04        #5171
space
space
THIS JUST IN.....THIS IS FOR YOU DRUNK AND I'M CALLING IT, GET MAD NEWS!!!

Blazers guard Rudy Fernandez isn't sure if Ricky Rubio is ready to play in the NBA.

Rubio, 19, is considered by many to be a top-three pick in this June's NBA Draft.

"He's a very good player, but I don't know if he is prepared to play in the NBA," said Fernandez. "I think he's a good player, but this is a big jump for him."

Fernandez said that he plans to speak with Rubio in person now that Portland's season is over, and he has returned to their native country of Spain.

"Then I can explain everything. He's excited to play in the NBA for sure, because for everybody it is a dream to play in the best league in the world," Fernandez continued.

YA BOY AIN'T READY?...GET MAD
 8 years ago '08        #5172
AC_89 167 heat pts167
space
space
$36,011 | Props total: 8511 8511
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
i cant stand all this CURRY talk....as much as i hope this is a smokescreen, the knicks have tipped their hand EVERY season as far as i can remember.

we better land a Top 2!!!

May 19th...
if he's still on the board whenever the knicks pick I doubt they don't take him
 05-12-2009, 05:51 AM         #5173
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Curry is the correct pick!
 8 years ago '04        #5174
space
space
Tracy McGrady is the ultimate Rent-A-Knick for Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni. His $22.5 million salary comes off the books next July and if he can recover from microfracture knee surgery - I know that's a big if - McGrady could be the play-maker that D'Antoni covets. The Knicks could dump the expiring contracts of Larry Hughes and Cuttino Mobley on the Rockets to make the deal work and just like that Walsh could add an All-Star caliber talent who could make the Knicks a playoff contender and perhaps more attractive to LeBron James. -- NY Daily News
 8 years ago '04        #5175
space
space
Speculation persists that Chris Mullin, a Brooklyn native, could head back to New York. Knicks President Donnie Walsh was the Pacers' president when Mullin played for Indiana. Those close to Mullin believe he's just as likely to take a year off and spend time with his family in Danville. -- SF Chronicle
 8 years ago '04        #5176
space
space
After being let go by the Golden State Warriors, Chris Mullin could end up in the Knicks' organization.

"A person familiar with the Knicks' thinking said that Mullin is the favorite to land the director of basketball operations job," writes Frank Isola.

But on Monday night, Donnie Walsh said that he "would not be thinking of the front office until after the draft," which will take place June 26.
 8 years ago '04        #5177
space
space
Skip Bayless and Spike Lee had a heated debate on ESPN.

Bayless says LeBron James should come out now and announce that he's going to be a Cav for life, while Spike Lee says there is no reason for James to give up his leverage before free-agency in 2010.

Lee, the world's most famous Knick fan, may have a personal interest in where James ends up.
 8 years ago '06        #5178
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
THIS JUST IN.....THIS IS FOR YOU DRUNK AND I'M CALLING IT, GET MAD NEWS!!!

Blazers guard Rudy Fernandez isn't sure if Ricky Rubio is ready to play in the NBA.

Rubio, 19, is considered by many to be a top-three pick in this June's NBA Draft.

"He's a very good player, but I don't know if he is prepared to play in the NBA," said Fernandez. "I think he's a good player, but this is a big jump for him."

Fernandez said that he plans to speak with Rubio in person now that Portland's season is over, and he has returned to their native country of Spain.

"Then I can explain everything. He's excited to play in the NBA for sure, because for everybody it is a dream to play in the best league in the world," Fernandez continued.

YA BOY AIN'T READY?...GET MAD

ZZZZZZzzzzzz.....:sleeping-smiley-004:sleeping-smiley-004

this can be said about ANY 18yr-old who comes into the league. Rubio's BBIQ and feel for the game will immediately translate to the NBA style of play, but it will take him a few years to make an impact on the defensive side of the ball. He has the tools and the work ethic, he just needs to fill out.

side-note....(my dream scenario come draft day)

-we land the #2 pick and select Rubio
-S&T David Lee to Portland for R.Fernandez and Pryzbilla
-give Gortat a portion of the MLE
-let Nate walk

i could careless if we get McGrady for Hughes/Mobley or not....i'd cosign either way

Duhon/Rubio
R.Fernandez/Hughes
Chandler/QBrick
Gallo/Jefferies
Gortat/Pryzbilla

Here are the odds :
- #1 : 2.80%
- #2 : 3.26%
- #3 : 3.87%

In 2008, Chicago won the #1 pick despite being seeded #9 (1.7%).
In 2007, Portland won the #1 pick despite being seeded #7 (5.3%).
In 2005, Milwaukee won the #1 pick despite being seeded #6 (6.3%).

Basically it's time for #8!!!
 8 years ago '04        #5179
Kadroan 86 heat pts86
space
space
$31,166 | Props total: 4642 4642
 Born_Loser said:
Tracy McGrady is the ultimate Rent-A-Knick for Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni. His $22.5 million salary comes off the books next July and if he can recover from microfracture knee surgery - I know that's a big if - McGrady could be the play-maker that D'Antoni covets. The Knicks could dump the expiring contracts of Larry Hughes and Cuttino Mobley on the Rockets to make the deal work and just like that Walsh could add an All-Star caliber talent who could make the Knicks a playoff contender and perhaps more attractive to LeBron James. -- NY Daily News
That wouldn't be a good trade. Nobody wants to play with T-Mac like they want to play with LeBron/Wade.

If I was the Knicks I'd trade for Michael Redd, he's a great scorer and shooter something the Knicks was missing the past couple of seasons.
 8 years ago '06        #5180
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,143 | Props total: 3035 3035
i rather have Brandon Jennings or Derozan, dont see the hype on rubio yet and i've watched him play plenty
i'll be happy with Tyrek Evans too 6'5 PG
Jeff Teague isnt a bad option either, i dont see us landing a top 5 pick

Last edited by Blah; 05-12-2009 at 06:02 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White man blinking meme thread (Hip Hop Edition)
405 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL New Report Explains Aaron Hernandez Killed Odin Lloyd Because Lloyd Knew A..
167 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She aint a Dime, I don't know who is
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Fam vanished into thin air hahaha , y'all be safe tho !
65 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside What Happened to the Cross Jesus Died On?
196 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Extended Footage of Young Lito at Irving Plaza.
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA BREAKING: Steve Kerr says he won't coach in Game 4; status unknown for rem..
56 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rick Ross stuntin on Birdman: "Chicken man couldnt do all this"
92 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy