most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 2 - LEAN thieves caught with GPS enabled bottle of SIZZURP
32 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #4521
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
It is generally understood that the Knicks are conserving salary-cap space for 2010, also known as the Summer of LeBron. Spending tens of millions on David Lee, a restricted free agent in July, would seem to run contrary to that goal. But Knicks officials believe they can retain Lee, and there are forces working in their favor: a poor economy, a deep free-agent class and a small pool of teams with significant cap space. Lee, 25, is expected to seek at least $10 million per season. Based on current projections -- and a.ssuming the cap stays flat, which many executives expect -- only seven teams will have $7 million or more in cap room this summer. Three of those teams -- Miami, Atlanta and Minnesota -- can be scratched off the list immediately. ... That leaves Oklahoma City, Memphis, Portland and Detroit as the most likely suitors for Lee. -- NY Times
 8 years ago '04        #4522
space
space
There's another potential free agent that's flying a bit under the radar, and he wouldn't be a bad fallback option if the Knicks can't land any of the big-ticket items. Joe Johnson, whose average of 21.5 points per game leads an up-and-coming Hawks team that took the eventual champion Celtics to the brink of elimination in the first round of last year's playoffs, is among the best to be had in the second tier of the Class of 2010. The Knicks don't have a true shooting guard and Johnson would fit perfectly in coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo scheme, one that he's very familiar with because he played for him while in Phoenix. In fact, Johnson - who shot poorly last night, hitting only 5 of 15 shots and finishing with 15 points and seven a.ssists - had nothing but lofty words for the man roaming the opposing sideline. -- Newsday
 8 years ago '04        #4523
space
space
Isiah Thomas did a lot wrong during his 4 1/2 years, but he can take pride in the Knicks' current success and feel a part of it. No one can argue he drafted exceedingly well. Thomas' key late-first-round pieces - David Lee, Nate Robinson and Wilson Chandler - are chiefly why the Knicks are f!ghting for a playoff berth. Thomas took a leave of absence after his accidental sleeping-pill overdose. But he is back doing what he does best - college scouting in his untitled role under Donnie Walsh. Walsh said he has given Thomas a schedule of college games to scout. Thomas has laid low since the October incident at his house. In fact, he didn't first speak to Walsh until early December - six weeks after the incident. -- NY Post

BEEN SAYING THIS FOR A LONG fu*kING TIME.....KEEP ZEKE AS A SCOUT
 8 years ago '04        #4524
space
space
NBA player Eddy Curry fathered the 10-month-old girl who last week was murdered alongside her mother, Curry's ex-girlfriend Nova Henry, sources familiar with the paternity case told the Chicago Sun-Times. A confidential court document filed in September reveals a DNA test confirmed Curry as the biological father of Ava, whose last name is the same as a man questioned by police about the slayings, sources said. Curry, a former Chicago Bull and Thornwood High School standout, also has a 3-year-old son with Henry and was ordered to pay $6,000 a month in child support. Two months after Curry was determined to be Ava's father, Curry's child support payments to Henry increased to $15,000 a month, according to court papers. -- Chicago Sun-Times
 8 years ago '04        #4525
space
space
Patrick Ewing Jr. was a big-name acquisition for the Bighorns of the D-League back in December, but he struggled with his shooting early.

Things are now starting to pick up for Ewing, with the former Georgetown Hoya averaging 17.9 points and shooting .520 (78-150) from the field in his last 12 games. This is a marked improvement for Ewing, who shot only .344 and averaged 10.5 points in his first six games as a Bighorn. He made his first start of the season on Saturday, scoring 21 points with seven rebounds and five a.ssists in a win over Bakersfield.
 8 years ago '04        #4526
space
space
The Knicks believe they will be able to retain David Lee this offseason.

Lee is expected to seek at least $10 million per season. Based on current projections, only seven teams will have $7 million or more in cap room this summer.

Three of those teams, Miami, Atlanta, and Minnesota, can be scratched off the list immediately.

That leaves Oklahoma City, Memphis, Portland, and Detroit as the most likely suitors for Lee.

A Western Conference executive said that Lee would be “one of the more sought-after guys” this summer, because of his youth, his production and his rapid improvement.
 8 years ago '07        #4527
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
damn d lee didn't make the ASG... it's all good. WC is gonna shine during the rookie/soph game
 8 years ago '05        #4528
Bx_Bomberz 137 heat pts137
space
space
$11,433 | Props total: 5260 5260
good sh*t born loser u keep me comin back to this thread u got the knicks updates locked down

now with the knicks in contention for the 8th spot there is no chance in hell we try to trade players for draft picks even though i truly belive thats the best course of action....

i like that info about the teams who could possibly make an offer to lee

it got me thinking imagine if the thunder take blake griffin sign lee they could start westbrook durant green lee griffin... thats some crazy young talent:wow: oh well thats just me thinkin bout something thats not gunna happen

no way the knicks are gunna let their best player who happens to be white get away from them... im just worried about the 2010 cap because the way duhon is playing i cant see them not resigning him to a nice contract
 8 years ago '07        #4529
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
 Bx_bomberz said:
next few games should be great to watch i cant wait to see wilson and gallinari playing granger peirce and lebron... even though im sure q will have most of the minutes against them

truth to answer your question of who do you want i really think a player like earl clark or al farooq aminu would really solidify our big men but im sure of one thing...

no chance in hell the knicks let bj mullens fall past them a legit 7 footer who can run like him with his offensive game must make dantoni drool
i still havent checked out mullens. but if we're talkin big men... luke 'gody or mullens? gody is def comin out this yr and more proven than mullens. i hope isiah gets better, lays low, and stays searchin for talent
 8 years ago '06        #4530
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:
Patrick Ewing Jr. was a big-name acquisition for the Bighorns of the D-League back in December, but he struggled with his shooting early.

Things are now starting to pick up for Ewing, with the former Georgetown Hoya averaging 17.9 points and shooting .520 (78-150) from the field in his last 12 games. This is a marked improvement for Ewing, who shot only .344 and averaged 10.5 points in his first six games as a Bighorn. He made his first start of the season on Saturday, scoring 21 points with seven rebounds and five a.ssists in a win over Bakersfield.

why in the world is roberson and malik still on this team???

good looks on the updates Born...wish i could get online a lil more, but you definitely holding it down...good shyt
 8 years ago '05        #4531
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
i still havent checked out mullens. but if we're talkin big men... luke 'gody or mullens? gody is def comin out this yr and more proven than mullens. i hope isiah gets better, lays low, and stays searchin for talent
mullens is not nearly as ready to contribute to an nba team in the first year but theres a million reasons why mullens is a much better prospect

mullens is a legit 7 foot and hes not skinny listed at 275

plus he has a pretty good offensive game and can hit a 12-15 footer but the best part of him is POTENTIAL he has great body control lateral quickness and he can REALLY run up and down the court which is the reason why theres no way in the world dantoni or walsh will let him past the knicks

oh and gody is an undersized powerforward while mullens is a huge legit center
 8 years ago '04        #4532
space
space
David Lee responded to the All-Star game snub with a sense of modesty.

“It was disappointing. It would’ve been a really cool experience, but the guys that got in were all very deserving.,” Lee said. “All those guys are tremendous players and it’s great to even be mentioned in that group or to be in the conversation.”

D'Antoni did say he talked to Lee, and told him that often there is a lag period for people to recognize that level of play.

"He knows he's tied to the Knicks and the Knicks have got to get better," D'Antoni said.

“Next year,” D’Antoni told Lee, “keep your numbers up, keep going, keep playing hard, we’ll get the team a little better, get a winning record, and get you in there.”
 8 years ago '04        #4533
space
space
yeah, it's beyond me why Roberson is still on the roster

not really surprised why his name hasn't even been brought up when i look for trade rumors lmfao

fu*k a shooter this year, if nething we'll either draft one or just put our chips in another guy in the summer games....if we trying to save some bread for 2010, pretty obvious we'll pick up probably 2 guys from the summer league
 8 years ago '04        #4534
space
space
The NBA league office turned down the Knicks' application for a disabled player exception for Cuttino Mobley.

The league determined that the heart condition that forced Mobley to retire was a pre-existing condition.
 8 years ago '04        #4535
space
space
Knicks president Donnie Walsh said it is unlikely that David Lee will be traded ahead of the February trade deadline and that the club is committed to re-signing the star forward, the New York Post is reporting.

Because Lee is a restricted free agent, the Knicks have all the control because they can match any offer sheet.

"That's the key," Walsh said.

Is is believed that Lee's representatives were asking for $10 million per season before the season, which New York did not want to pay.
 8 years ago '04        #4536
Artifacts 
space
space
$3,722 | Props total: 1 1
Glad they kept Zeke as a scout..
 8 years ago '04        #4537
space
space
Eddy Curry reportedly asked the Knicks for an $8 million advantage last year to offset his growing financial debt.

New York rejected Curry's proposal, according to a person close to the center, as they believed the amount was excessive.

The same source indicated that the Knicks advanced Curry approximately $2 million, which is commonplace as long as the player is guaranteed to make double that amount on his existing contract.
 8 years ago '04        #4538
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189

[pic - click to view]

THE KING & I: Heat superstar Dwyane Wade believes the idea of becoming teammates with LeBron James (pictured) in 2010, possibly in the Big Apple, is not a farfetched idea.

INDIANAPOLIS - Dwyane Wade acknowledged last night "it's not crazy" to speculate that he and LeBron James could tag-team their way to the Big Apple as free agents in 2010.

Wade, following the Heat's loss to the Pacers, told The Post he and James could join forces in 2010, with the Knicks not out of the question. Wade indicated they have talked about the potential scenario, and both played for Mike D'Antoni last summer while winning a gold medal at the Olympics.

"It's not crazy," Wade told The Post in the visitor's locker room of Indiana's Conseco Fieldhouse. "It could happen. We both understand that. We both signed the same contract. We did it together. More than anything, it's fun to think about. It's exciting to know we both control our future. Will it happen? Who knows. He has some something he's trying to accomplish in Cleveland. I have something I'm trying to accomplish in Miami. But up until 2010, it will be fun to think about."

As Wade spoke, the Knicks were blocks away in their hotel, bracing for the Pacers tonight.

Asked about the merits of playing in New York, Wade, a native of Chicago, said, "It has its ups and downs. One of the downs is the weather. I love the weather in Miami. So New York has its ups and downs."

The Knicks will have to do more cap management in order to sign two maximum free agents, particularly trading grieving Eddy Curry. King James, who will play at the Garden next Wednesday, downplayed his potential Knicks move in ESPN Magazine this week.

"Ever since I've been asked, I've never given any indication I was leaving or that I wasn't happy here," he said.

Meanwhile, the Knicks will have their own Super Bowl Week, starting Monday, facing league lions, the Lakers, Cavaliers and Celtics in succession on a homestand from hell.

But before the NBA's three best teams, each playing nearly .800 ball, grace the Garden, the Knicks have to take care of business tonight at Conseco against the 19-28 Pacers if their recent surge into playoff position is going to last.

The Knicks may get a break. Newly minted All-Star Danny Granger said last night he's "50-50" for tonight's game because of a bruised knee. Granger said he felt pain during the victory over the Heat and may not want to test a back-to-back.

David Lee, fresh off his All-Star snub, hadn't lost any of his c*ckiness.

"I think Indiana is a team we should beat on the road," Lee said. "It's a game we play our best, we can win. More important we're in need of a big road win. We've proven we can take care of our home court now. Obviously we'll be tested next week but it will be good to go on the road and beat an Indiana team near us in the standings."

At 20-25, the Knicks are one-half game out of the eighth and final playoff spot with Milwaukee, which beat Toronto last night. They've won five straight games at the Garden. They've won seven of their last eight to reach 20 wins - three behind last season's total.

For nearly a month, the Knicks have been more than respectable - 8-6 since beating Boston on Jan. 4. The game before the Celtic upset, the Knicks hit a low-point in losing to the Pacers at home.

"It's one of the [teams] we have to beat to get into the playoffs," D'Antoni said. "It's worth two games. It's big because it's Indiana. It's a team we have to knockout, then we have [those] three games coming after that."

The Lakers (35-9), Celtics (38-9) and Cavaliers (35-9) have a combined record of 118-27.

8 years ago '06        #4539
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
Another good win, and on the road. the knicks go up big and remain poise to hang on with their third straight victory.

Keys:

For a minute there, I thought stephen graham was going to be the SOTG... and although he cooled off, he came in doing things he has no business doing. So he wins the award..

A key to our win, was TJ ford.. Yes the guy who scored 36 points. But any time TJ ford scores 36 points, takes 23 shots and just has 5 dimes. You did a good job, especially if their star player(granger) scores 19 on 6-17 shooting. TJ ford was like the kid in the playground who is quick, and also a bully. No one will call a foul or travel on him, and he basically gets the ball, and forces his way to the hoop. He will pivot, pivot, fake, fake, spin, jump into defenders, until he gets a hoop. either he will score or call a phantom foul, and no one will dare challenge him. His team will lose, he will have a huge game and feel good about it every time.. LOL. that is what TJ ford did tonight, with an a.ssist from the refs who bailed him out, and would not call three seconds on him.. But as long as he takes 23 shots and granger 17. I am good with that

Big AL: 31 points and 8 boards, and shot over 50% from the field. He made some bonehead plays, but he hit some big momentum breaking jumpers for the knicks. He was on fire and he gave us the scoring we needed.

Lee: 23/17, another monster game. Took too many quick jumpers for my liking. I understand they were giving him that, but I would have like to have seen him set his feet a little better. but 23/17? how can I argue with that?

Q: 15/4/4 and 5-8 from three. His three point shower early, helped us to a big, lead.

Chandler: nice stat line, and great defense tonight. 16/8/6 . Nice to see the 6 dimes. He took one bad shot, but other than that, just a good all around game from the young fella. He was active on defense and took some nice shots on offense. Efficient game...

Duhon: A controlled game, 13/7 played smart and under control. Despite the numbers he ran the team better than ford ran his..

nate: Another spark off the bench. 14/6/3. His 6 a.ssists are a good thing to see, with nate, you take the good with the bad, and so far, it has been more good. He is all over the place and his shot is back. 5-10 from the field..

Gallo: although he only had 6 points, he just doesn't get the opportunities yet, I would love to see them involve him more, instead of posting him up in the corner for jumpers. He can do so much more, but his time will come. Very smart player, seemed to be getting in dumbleavy's head.. LOL.. I loved it.. :D

Jeffries: 2/5 boards. left the game and didn't come back due to some sort of injury. didn't play enough to really judge his impact..

Timmy: 2/4 only took 3 shots, but did a good job of moving the ball in the offense.

overall, the knicks played as a team, played defense in stretches and showed toughness and unlike the old knicks, didn't fold when the pacers made a run. Instead we made plays, we made shots, passes and got rebounds.. 29 a.ssists to 12 turnovers. Very nice number..

now for Dream week..

21-25
 8 years ago '05        #4540
space
space
good win tonight the defense was terrible but i hope we can score like this on the next homestand

just for the record i hope the knicks trade their 1st round pick and both seconds to move up for thabeet... i have been telling yall about him forever now... triple double today 15pts 11rebs (7offensive) and 10 blocks...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
83 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
201 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
138 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
43 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
56 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole ethers Lil Yatchy
278 comments
1 day ago