New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Forbes: Highest paid YouTube stars :wtf:
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Soulja Boy - Beef (Quavo Diss)
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This picture more rare than Papoose without a hat
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-29-2008, 06:33 AM         #4341
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If The Knicks do not get Lebron in 2010, Donnie Walsh is a complete failure. At the beginning of the year the team that ISIAH THOMAS put together was a playoff team. Then Walsh traded half our talent for Al Harrington and a bag of potato chips.

Walsh is banking our future on a MAYBE

We better get King James
 8 years ago '04        #4342
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2176 2176
The Knicks and Nuggets were engaged in talks involving a Linas Kleiza-for- David Lee swap earlier this month, and a person with knowledge of the situation said things got close enough just before the West Coast trip for Lee to get word that something might go down. Coach George Karl, however, persuaded Nuggets management to hang on to Kleiza because of his versatility. Kleiza and Lee will be restricted free agents this summer. -- Newsday
 8 years ago '04        #4343
space
space
Eddy Curry, who has been dodging reporters again this week after his rare interview with The Post last Sunday, told MSG Network yesterday he thinks he'll be making his debut in "a couple of weeks." Curry, for the first time this season, took shooting practice before the game and could return to practice in the next few days. -- NY Post
 8 years ago '04        #4344
space
space
The New York Knicks want to step up negotiations for a buyout with Stephon Marbury before teams can start signing players to 10 day contracts on January 5, but Marbury says he is not willing to discuss things until his fine is settled by a league arbitrator.

According to the New York Post, Marbury lost $400,000 from a two game suspension imposed against him by the Knicks for allegedly refusing to play when the Knicks were short handed.

"Before I listen to what Donnie has to say, I want the $400,000 that was taken for no reason," Marbury told The Post. "[D'Antoni] made a choice not to play me. There was no jersey hanging in my locker."
 12-29-2008, 10:37 AM         #4345
Flavor Flav 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ill be seeing steph in the coney island projects in a few years, smoking crack on the stoop.

& He used to be one of my favorite players, ever. Came from my neighborhood & all dat, now hes just a fu*king loser.
 8 years ago '07        #4346
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 168 168
why r we gonna swap kleiza for lee? i've been seeing that floating around for 2 weeks... we're swapping restricted FA's...

lee is our rebound machine since zbo left. kleiza is a poor man's d lee. damn knicks....just damn
 8 years ago '04        #4347
space
space
Raymond Felton, who makes $4.1 million and will be a restricted free agent this summer, has been shopped by the Bobcats. Trail Blazers backup guard Sergio Rodriguez ($874,000, expires by 2010) would be an ideal fit, but the Blazers aren't giving him up without getting talent back. According to a person with knowledge of the situation, aside from David Lee, there is nothing on the Knicks' roster that interests Portland. The Nuggets have Chucky Atkins ($3.4 million, expires by 2010) buried on the bench, though he is more of a shooter, like Nate Robinson, than he is a playmaker. -- NY Newsday
 8 years ago '04        #4348
space
space
numbers don't match but if this can happen some how....MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Rashad McCants and Sebastian Telfair of the Timberwolves to the Knicks for former Wolf Stephon Marbury. -- Pioneer Press
 8 years ago '04        #4349
space
space
nice....shot 71% in the 1st quarter

8 years ago '07        #4350
space
space
i swear we're too shaky in the 4th... no jamal or zbo in the 4th really hurts us w/out a go too player

i really want duhon, al, or WC to step up in those situations... we have to want the game more than the next team
 8 years ago '04        #4351
space
space
In a sign that both players are getting closer to returning, Eddy Curry and Danilo Gallinari participated in the walk-through portion of practice.

Gallinari has suffered from a bulging disk in his back and has been resting for several weeks. Curry has had knee pain that has kept him out of the lineup all season.

"It's feeling better every day," said Curry.
 8 years ago '04        #4352
space
space
most likely my last pieces of news and rumors for the year unless something else pops up later but here it goes

Larry Brown also mentioned Eddy Curry, still weeks away from a return because of a bone bruise in his knee. Charlotte may have an interest in getting Curry before the Feb. 19 trade deadline. "We always focus on what guys can't do, I think it is our job to figure out what a guy can do," Brown said of Curry. "He can score on the block. I know that. And that's an area that everybody in the league is looking for. I'm hopeful he'll get healthy and I really believe that, speaking to my players, they told me Mike D'Antoni figures out how to make players better. I'm confident that if he gets on the court he'll play well." -- Newsday
 8 years ago '04        #4353
space
space
In an interview with NBC sports correspondent Graham Bensinger, Nash talked about his prospects when his contract with the Suns expires after the 2009-10 season. "There's a few situations out there that would be attractive, so I feel fortunate that there could be some possibilities for me," Nash said. "One would be for me to stay here in Phoenix. I've had a great 4 1/2 years here. New York, obviously, is our off-season home, so we love the city. It's a basketball mecca. Mike D'Antoni is there so there's a lot of attractive variables. And then Toronto, to go back to Canada to play for the home team, so to speak. "I feel good that one of those three could really be a really strong possibility. Like I said, Phoenix would be the natural choice, just because I've been here and enjoyed success here and really feel at home here." -- Arizona Republic
 8 years ago '04        #4354
space
space
It is a given that Mike D'Antoni would welcome a reunion with Boris Diaw, but there are several factors that make a trade unlikely. The biggest is Diaw's contract, which pays him $9 million a year through 2012. The Knicks are committed to clearing salary-cap space in 2010 and would take on a big contract only to get a star player. -- NY Times
 8 years ago '04        #4355
space
space
Larry Brown hinted that outside influences - i.e. Isiah Thomas - were responsible for his infamous season-long feud with Stephon Marbury in 2005-06. Brown, whose tumultuous one season as Knicks coach abruptly ended with Garden chairman James Dolan replacing him on the sideline with Thomas, didn't mention the former Knicks president by name Tuesday. But in the past Brown has told close friends that he holds Thomas responsible for causing friction between him and the veteran point guard. "A lot was made about all my relationships," Brown said before Tuesday night's Knicks-Bobcats game. "He tried his best for me. It was a difficult situation that he was put in and it wasn't by his choosing. I don't begrudge him at all." One example of Thomas' meddling was when he told Brown that the Knicks needed to play more like the Phoenix Suns. Within a week, Marbury walked into Brown's office and suggested that the Knicks play an up-tempo style similar to the Suns. Thomas was fired two years later after going 56-108. He also had a memorable falling out with Marbury, who last month was banished indefinitely by the new Knicks administration. -- NY Daily News
 8 years ago '04        #4356
space
space
With the Knicks up two points in Charlotte in the final seconds of the game, Chris Duhon got his own rebound, dribbled over to the baseline before losing the ball out of bounds.

But referee Bennett Salvatore called a phantom foul on Boris Diaw, fouling him out. Instead of Charlotte getting the ball down two, Duhon went to the foul line and made two free throws.

Duhon admitted after the game that he lost the ball out of bounds without any contact from Diaw. Duhon did think he was fouled moments before that caused him to lose the dribble.

"Late whistle," Duhon said. "Hey, we needed a break. We needed to win this bad.
 8 years ago '04        #4357
space
space
Stephon Marbury wrote an end of the year blog for the New York Post; below is an excerpt:

"People who know me know I'm in the best shape of my life and I discovered a great formula that everyday people will be able to benefit from as far as things like stretching properly and recovery," writes Marbury. "Bottom line, I came to camp with the right attitude, in shape and ready to play. I didn't come to be a distraction.

"I didn't want to be a distraction for the team first and me second. I honestly came to help the team win. Real talk. I was willing to put in the work necessary to earn my starting spot and humble enough to accept coming off of the bench.

"It was unfortunate that the coach wanted to go in a different direction and didn't want me to be part of the team. I just wish it had been handled correctly from jump. I could understand the fact they didn't want Chris Duhon looking over his shoulder but if you don't want me, just pay me and let me go. I just want to play basketball.

"I sat on the bench for a whole month and didn't say one word. It wasn't easy because I love to play but that's the nature of the biz. Then they made a trade and needed 8 guys and coach told me he had a certain number of minutes. I was cool. My jersey was never hung in my locker though so I never refused to play. Things were never handled properly.

"Through it all, I respected their business position to go in another direction just like they have to respect my business position that I have a contract and obligated to pay me. It's the principle of the whole thing. It's really not about the money but it's about the money. Feel me?

"So what else have I been doing with this experience? I've been helping others to grow.

"While I've been waiting for them to make a move, I've been making moves off the court as far as my Starbury business to put myself in position to give back to those who need it most."
 8 years ago '04        #4358
space
space
The Knicks are excited about what they see in Wilson Chandler, and are holding out hope that he could develop into a go-to weapon.

"I think the biggest thing is Will doesn't really understand how good he is or how good he could be," Quentin Richardson said. "When I'm out there, I can see it, everybody can see it. Will's an interesting kid. He always listens well; he tries to do everything the coaches tell him. Even when I'm talking to him, he'll try to do what I'm talking about. I try to encourage him at different times, like, 'Yo, be aggressive. Go do what you do, get to the rim.' When he does his thing, it helps us."

Chandler, who is averaging 14.5 points per game, should be more of a consistent producer but often defers to the team's veteran players.

"I think I think too much sometimes," Chandler said.
 8 years ago '04        #4359
space
space
Three NBA executives say that the Golden State Warriors are pushing Corey Maggette hard in trade talks.

Other players that executives say are available include Samuel Dalembert, Raymond Felton, Adam Morrison, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, and Brad Miller.

Felton is expiring
Morrison has another year
Gooden is expiring
Hughes has another year
Miller has another year
and of course Maggette just signed that 5 year deal
 8 years ago '07        #4360
space
space
we should go w/ drew gooden or hughes
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
160 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
108 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Blackberry Byke
40 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
39 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy