most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 22 Savage vs Noplug
185 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM         #3681
Flavor Flav 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope houston can come in & play a james posey type role.
 8 years ago '06        #3682
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,384 | Props total: 65 65
 Born_Loser said:
The Knicks are reportedly trying to convince Jerome James to retire for medical reasons.

James appeared in just two games last season due to chronic injuries to both knees.

But James has shown up in Greenburgh with the intention of going with the team to training camp in Saratoga Springs.

If James agrees to retire, insurance will pay a portion of his remaining salary.
i knew you'd be the one to post that
 8 years ago '04        #3683
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
according to Chris Broussard, if Houston DOES NOT make the Knick team he will take a job in the front office...should join the coaching staff and be a shooting coach
 8 years ago '04        #3684
space
space
 TheKidHypno' said:
i knew you'd be the one to post that
naw, see what had happen was......
 8 years ago '04        #3685
space
space
Stephon Marbury ran with the other Knicks veterans in scrimmages Monday but worked out on his own Tuesday. It is believed if Marbury is bought out by the Knicks, he will be quickly signed to the veteran's minimum ($1.3 million) or biannual exception ($1.9 million). One potential destination could be the Miami Heat, who have a need at the point guard position next to Dwyane Wade. While Walsh is concerned about letting a high-end talent walk away with a pocketful of money and the motivation to prove himself, others within the organization -- players mostly -- would welcome the departure of the franchise's most notorious personality. -- Newsday

Donnie Walsh put the brakes on the anticipated end of Stephon Marbury's tenure with the Knicks when he told ESPN Tuesday night that the controversial point guard is "coming to training camp." In an attempt to refute a report in Tuesday's Newsday, which said the Knicks were planning to waive Marbury by the end of the week, Walsh, through a team spokesman, said, "We have not approached Stephon about a buyout." -- Newsday

Stephon Marbury's $21.9 million is a big number. Some agents suggest that a fair buyout would be about 75 percent of that, around $16.5 million, which is a hefty price to pay to set someone free to go play elsewhere. -- Newsday
 8 years ago '04        #3686
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,556 | Props total: 201 201
the knicks have 17 players 2 need to get released I hope its marbury and James.. I want to see Houston and Ewing Jr on this team.
 8 years ago '07        #3687
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,895 | Props total: 181 181
warning: i'm tiiiiiiiiiiiight... been workin since saturday and ain't off till next wed... gotta vent.

prediction: after this "marybury buyout" incident, donnie aint lettin steph go... it def won't happen now. he'd rather experiment w/ steph at the 1 w/ d'antoni than waive him, "fuel his fire," and potentially embarass the knicks (idk how after all this foolishness, but its possible) in the last yr of his contract. that'll def make donnie feel like he's running thru mountains (had to bring it back)....

i've said b4, i've been a fan of steph since he got traded for ray allen in 96 but he needs to leave the knicks. point blank. unfortunately it won't happen anytime soon.

but time for the true fu*kery... jerome james is eating money like the shredders at enron, but i aint heard sh*t about his conditioning or any status all off season. at least steph did play well in his only yr under d'antoni, and won a playoff game against the spurs. at least zbo is 20-10. at least curry is "in shape and motivated to play." at least d lee hustles. at least jamal makes sportscenter for cross overs and 15-15 shooting. sh*t, roberson got signed off of SUMMER LEAGUE BALL. that sh*t ain't happened since the professor on the and 1 tour. everyone but james is moving forward, that n*gga is chillin. what is he doin w/ his life?

and where the fu*k is malik rose??? dress that n*gga up in a where's waldo sweater too.

Last edited by I Am The Truth; 09-24-2008 at 10:48 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #3688
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 I Am The Truth said:

and where the fu*k is malik rose??? dress that n*gga up in a where's waldo sweater too.

"and the winner for QUOTE OF THE DAY goes to......."

(drumroll)

:applause:
 8 years ago '07        #3689
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,270 | Props total: 1552 1552
 Born_Loser said:
according to Chris Broussard, if Houston DOES NOT make the Knick team he will take a job in the front office...should join the coaching staff and be a shooting coach
Of course he is....my boy that used to work in the garden told me Houston and

Dolan are Golfing buddies and Houston even invites him to his

church...translation he aint goin no where

dogmanx23 said:
the knicks have 17 players 2 need to get released I hope its marbury and James.. I want to see Houston and Ewing Jr on this team.
Those are actually the two I want chopped if Jerome dont retire and steph

dont get dismissed
 8 years ago '04        #3690
space
space
Guard Stephon Marbury is reportedly refusing to accept a buyout from the Knicks, saying that if the team wants him gone they're going to have to pay everything owing on his contract, which is something Garden chairman James Dolan does not want to do, according to a report by Newsday.

Marbury was quoted in Wednesday's New York Post saying, "There won't be no negotiation . . . They're going to give me all my money." This caused the Knicks to step back from their initial plans to release Marbury by the end of the week, as reported by Newsday.
 8 years ago '04        #3691
space
space
The injured back of Knick rookie Danilo Gallinari still remains a concern, with the Italian forced on the sidelines watching his teammate's go through voluntary workouts while not knowing if he'll be able to go in training camp.

"I'm watching the guys, trying to get my back back," Gallinari said, according to the New York Post. "I can't say if I'll be ready or not ready. I want to be in training camp, but it will be a long season and I want to take care of my back and not rush."
 8 years ago '06        #3692
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
Marbs interview w/ Bruce Beck about current situation...

and Alan Hahn has a recent blog entry on this interview...

8 years ago '04        #3693
space
space
n*gga sound like Luke lmfao
 09-25-2008, 03:09 PM         #3694
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he's talkin the talk, I guess next week we'll see if he walks the walk
 8 years ago '04        #3695
space
space
NEW YORK (AP) - Allan Houston signed with the New York Knicks on Thursday and will attempt another comeback with his former team.

Houston is fourth on the Knicks' career scoring list, trailing only Hall of Famers Patrick Ewing, Walt Frazier and Willis Reed. He will be in training camp next week with the franchise he led to the 1999 NBA finals.

Forced to retire in October 2005 because of knee pain, Houston briefly tried a comeback last year with the Knicks. He didn't join the team until 10 days after practices began following the birth of a child, then played in only one exhibition game before ending his long-shot bid to make the team.

He'll be there from the start this time, but making the roster would still be difficult. Now 37, Houston hasn't played in an NBA game since 2005 and would have to show that his knees can handle the running involved in new coach Mike D'Antoni's uptempo system.

Houston joined the Knicks in 1996 and made one of the most famous shots in franchise history, a running jumper in the closing seconds of the deciding Game 5 that gave New York an upset victory over top-seeded Miami in the first round off the 1999 playoffs. The Knicks went on to reach the finals, where they lost to San Antonio.

A two-time All-Star and one of the league's best outside shooters, Houston signed a much-criticized $100 million, six-year contract extension in 2001 and averaged a career-best 22.5 points in 2002-03. But chronic knee soreness then limited him. He averaged only 11.9 points in 20 games his final season, his lowest total since he was a rookie.

Houston wore No. 20 in his nine seasons with the Knicks but will now wear No. 14 in honor of his father, Wade, one of the first African-American basketball players at the University of Louisville.

"My father has been a great model of a man, and hopefully I can continue to carry what he taught me back to the court with the Knicks," Houston said in a statement. "Off the court, this is also symbolic to encourage men to be committed fathers as their role remains one of the most important factors in the lives of our youth."
 8 years ago '04        #3696
space
space
New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that guard Allan Houston has been re-signed as a free agent.

They also signed Dan Grunfeld, who played for Stanford. Originally retiring on Oct. 17, 2005 following training camp three seasons ago, Houston is the team’s fourth leading scorer in franchise history during the regular season (11,165) and eighth leading scorer during the playoffs (1,139).
 8 years ago '07        #3697
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,270 | Props total: 1552 1552
17 players...who gets dropped?
 8 years ago '04        #3698
space
space
According to the New York Post, Stephon Marbury has said that if the Knicks have decided they are going to cut him they should do it now rather than prolong the process.

However, according to the report, with Garden chairman Glen Dolan unwilling to eat the entire amount owing on Marbury's contract, GM Donnie Walsh is giving Marbury a legitimate chance to stick with the team.

"If I'm a distraction and I'm all these different things, why would you want to keep somebody like that?" Marbury asked. "It can't be about the money. If you feel you're better without me, just let me go. If not, let's get down to the business of playing basketball. We shouldn't be talking about me getting waived or not. We should be talking about bringing playoff life back to the Garden like when I got here (in 2004-2005)."

Marbury said he is concerned about becoming a distraction during training camp.

"We need to concentrate on how we're going to win, not whether I'm getting waived or if I'm getting all my money," Marbury said.
 8 years ago '04        #3699
space
space
 BxCastro said:
17 players...who gets dropped?
actually 18 with Grunsfeld

always thought it'd be Rose, James and Marbury but Marbury don't wanna leave that 21 mill behind
 8 years ago '04        #3700
space
space
Should Allan Houston join the front office, it would raise additional questions as to why Patrick Ewing hasn't been offered a job. Ewing, who recently was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, is currently an a.ssistant coach with the Orlando Magic after holding the same role with the Wizards and Rockets. Ewing, 46, has expressed a desire to return to the organization that he led to prominence in the '90s, but the Knicks have yet to reach out to him. D'Antoni added three a.ssistant coaches and retained Herb Williams without speaking to Ewing. -- NY Daily News
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
155 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
116 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fabolous:I Never Wanted To Smash Kimbella (Juelz Santana Baby Moms), Sh..
36 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
91 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
92 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents
64 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I can't believe I'm on this page right now....
33 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wasabi thot
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy