squad up!

New York Knicks

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #3726
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3980 3980
While Eddy Curry may miss the entire week of training camp, which is not a good thing for New York since the big man turned up out of shape, Jerome James made it through the first session, the New York Post is reporting.

The Knicks want Curry in shape to be able to play in Coach Mike D'Antoni's high octane system while the team has been hoping that Jerome James would retire because of knee problems.

Curry went to Saratoga Hospital to be evaluated, and according to the report may be out until Thursday at the earliest.

Curry was said to be vomiting all through last night. Mike D'Antoni, always the quipster, said it could be a blessing in disguise. Throwing up is a good way to lose weight, cracked D'Antoni.

10 years ago '04        #3727
space
space
Allan Houston played in one Finals, an eternity ago, back when nobody ever thought the Knicks would ever be this bad for this long. "You know, when I was younger, I had people like John Starks and Patrick (Ewing) and Oak (Charles Oakley), and they taught me what it means to work and what it takes to win," he said. "This is about me passing on whatever I've learned to the guys. So I figured, if I'm going to do this, why not do it here, where I have my legacy?" It's not a terrible idea, even if most of the Knicks are veterans and set in their losing ways. Houston's presence and class alone can't hurt if he's just the 12th man. It's just not the move that sets rebuilding on its ear around here. Unless he's Einstein with a whistle, D'Antoni needs a roster overhaul. -- NY Daily News

Eddy Curry missed yesterday's first two practices of training camp and could be out for the weeklong training camp here after being felled by a bacterial infection Monday night in the team hotel, Knicks officials said. Curry was taken to Saratoga Hospital for evaluation yesterday. The Knicks won't know if he'll participate this week until later today. Curry, diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat three years ago, had a high fever and vomited most of Monday night. Mike D'Antoni's speedball offense may not suit Curry anyhow. Curry came into camp in mediocre shape and is no lock to be the starter. Using his trademark gallows humor, D'Antoni said: "It might've been lucky for him [missing practice]. He might've died otherwise. He was throwing up and everything. It's a great way to lose weight." -- NY Post

10 years ago '04        #3728
space
space
Damon Jones is being told by the Bucks to stay home aka we're going to trade him

i'm the last person on earth that would admit to being a Damon Jones fan since he can't even pass the ball unless he's wide open but an expiring contract is still an expiring contract....4.46 mill coming off the books, would you be against a trade for him?

10 years ago '07        #3729
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,235 | Props total: 2994 2994
 Born_Loser said
Damon Jones is being told by the Bucks to stay home aka we're going to trade him

i'm the last person on earth that would admit to being a Damon Jones fan since he can't even pass the ball unless he's wide open but an expiring contract is still an expiring contract....4.46 mill coming off the books, would you be against a trade for him?
nah... thats what we have h20 for. even though h20 is old and got a bad knee, he still more valuable and has more bball sense than damon jones.

10 years ago '04        #3730
space
space
 I Am The Truth said
nah... thats what we have h20 for. even though h20 is old and got a bad knee, he still more valuable and has more bball sense than damon jones.
i doubt he'll even make the team, he got front office position written all over him...we'll find out Wednesday if he has what it takes, a.ssuming he gets playing time

10 years ago '07        #3731
space
space
 Born_Loser said
i doubt he'll even make the team, he got front office position written all over him...we'll find out Wednesday if he has what it takes, a.ssuming he gets playing time
i doubt it too... but i'd rather houston than mardy, grunfeld, malik, or james. sad to say

and eddy mcflurry ain't lookin too hot either

10 years ago '04        #3732
space
space
Allan Houston sat out the scrimmage Tuesday night during the Knicks' second practice of the opening day of training camp as a precautionary measure, the a.ssociated Press is reporting.

Houston is attempting his second comeback with the New York Knicks and has a history of knee problems.

"To give it a fair chance under my situation, it's probably not even smart to go out and do everything, especially the first week," Houston said after practicing Wednesday morning. "As the season goes on, yeah, I'm going to be able to probably do everything, but two-a-days is a whole different ballgame than when you practice during the season. So this is really just getting used to doing this again."

10 years ago '06        #3733
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
Training Camp Day 2

(again thanks to Cosmic of RealGM)

10 years ago '04        #3734
space
space
Knick fan favorite David Lee, who is vying for the starting job at center with Eddy Curry, may sign an extension with the team ahead of the October 31 deadline, the New York Post is reporting.

According to the report, sources indicated strongly that Lee is probably going to get the extension, unless agent Mark Bartlestein comes in with an unreasonable number.

Sources close to Lee said contract numbers have yet to be exchanged, as Presidnet Donnie Walsh has told Bartlestein he'd like to first watch preseason before hitting the negotiating table.

As for Curry, the Knicks have looked to move his contract.

10 years ago '07        #3735
space
space
The Knicks revealed that first-round pick Danilo Gallinari is suffering from a bulging disk in his back. The team is confident that Gallinari, who has been out since mid-July, will practice by the end of the month.

NY Daily News

--------

a messed up disk is no joke... honestly he should be out for at least two months, unless he's at the end of his healing process. that sh*t ain't no hangnail.

Last edited by I Am The Truth; 10-02-2008 at 08:00 PM..

10 years ago '04        #3736
space
space
The Knicks announced that Jared Jeffries has suffered a left fibula fracture.

After an impressive play in practice blocking a layup attempt on Stephon Marbury, Jeffries said he felt like "a horse kicked me in my shin."

Jeffries said he heard a pop. He was taken to Saratoga Hospital where x-rays revealed the fracture.

Jeffries will miss six to eight weeks.

10-02-2008, 11:19 PM         #3737
Flavor Flav 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said
The Knicks announced that Jared Jeffries has suffered a left fibula fracture.

After an impressive play in practice blocking a layup attempt on Stephon Marbury, Jeffries said he felt like "a horse kicked me in my shin."

Jeffries said he heard a pop. He was taken to Saratoga Hospital where x-rays revealed the fracture.

Jeffries will miss six to eight weeks.
i wish steph wouldve shanked him on the way up.

10 years ago '05        #3738
Bx_Bomberz 203 heat pts203
space
space
$23,375 | Props total: 16203 16203
 Flavor Flav said
i wish steph wouldve shanked him on the way up.
:applause::applause::applause:

10 years ago '06        #3739
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
u guys are rediculous....

i could bring this thread back quite a few pages when jefferies got hurt last year and ya'll basically wishin death on him.....

do u realize that jefferies is one of our "BETTER" players???....believe it or not he's a great fit for this system...very versitile and a helluva defender at ANY postition....hes got a high BBIQ

smh to those who wish hate upon my boy JJ2......why couldnt u just wish that Curry or Snax choked on a chicken bone or some shyt????

10 years ago '04        #3740
space
space
No matter how well Stephon Marbury plays - and thus far he has looked impressive - the veteran point guard can't seem to crack the starting five. Free agent pickup Chris Duhon has gotten the most minutes in scrimmages with the first unit, a group that also consists of Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson, David Lee and Jared Jeffries. That doesn't mean Mike D'Antoni is locked into that particular starting five, but it is becoming increasingly clear that Marbury doesn't figure in the Knicks' plans. Thursday, when asked if he believes the new regime is giving him a fair shot, Marbury would only say, "You've got to ask D'Antoni that." D'Antoni claims that he wants to "see certain combinations" and suggested that he already knows what Marbury can do. Still, the affable coach suddenly looks uncomfortable when asked about Marbury's role. -- NY Daily News

10 years ago '04        #3741
space
space
Without Jared Jeffries for at least the first 15 games of the season, the Knicks will have to find a way to work Eddy Curry -- who has yet to practice because of a bacterial infection -- in the up-tempo system. But even that will have to wait because Mike D'Antoni said Curry might not be available for full practice until as late as Monday. -- Newsday

10 years ago '04        #3742
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,686 | Props total: 17 17
Ah, I'm looking forward to another season of hope. Copped my tickets for when the Knicks visit DC.

10-03-2008, 03:38 PM         #3743
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said
u guys are rediculous....

i could bring this thread back quite a few pages when jefferies got hurt last year and ya'll basically wishin death on him.....

do u realize that jefferies is one of our "BETTER" players???....believe it or not he's a great fit for this system...very versitile and a helluva defender at ANY postition....hes got a high BBIQ

smh to those who wish hate upon my boy JJ2......why couldnt u just wish that Curry or Snax choked on a chicken bone or some shyt????
Firstly, there was no such thing as "better" players on the Knicks roster last year.

versitile and a good defender? I disagree Balkman was our best defender. Jefferies was put in a bad spot at SF. he should of been a PF. I doubt he was versitile because he couldnt shoot to open up the court or was he good Rebounder for 6'11. He was Soft.

but you dont remember all those times he would lose confidence on the court and how Charles Smith he was?

I know you would of agree that Jefferies should of been traded over Balkman, right?

10 years ago '06        #3744
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 cpalmer1 said
Firstly, there was no such thing as "better" players on the Knicks roster last year.

versitile and a good defender? I disagree Balkman was our best defender. Jefferies was put in a bad spot at SF. he should of been a PF. I doubt he was versitile because he couldnt shoot to open up the court or was he good Rebounder for 6'11. He was Soft.

but you dont remember all those times he would lose confidence on the court and how Charles Smith he was?

I know you would of agree that Jefferies should of been traded over Balkman, right?
but of course....

unfortunately jefferies, along with his contract, have almost ZERO value around the league....hence the reason we traded Balk...

believe me be....i wouldnt have signed Jefferies to that contract, but we're stuck with him....if he were paid a lil cheaper (as he should be) he wouldnt be a bad piece for this team

put it this way.....hes not anything great....but he aint the problem either

10 years ago '05        #3745
Bx_Bomberz 203 heat pts203
space
space
$23,375 | Props total: 16203 16203
:laughing19: jeffries one of our better players....

almost thought this was the LMAO thread for a second

what the fu*k have you guys been watching i can remeber several times jeffries would be wideopen for a 17 footer fake a shot n then travel or try to drive to the hoop and miss a layup...

kenny smith said a bunch of times last year when jeffries is on the floor its like playing offense 4 on 5...

jeffries at the PF spot is a terrible idea his skinny a.ss will get tossed in the paint... jeffries is an extremely overrated defender especially when you factor rebounds into defense and his steals and blocked shots suck for someone who gets paid for his d...

oh and hes also a sh*tty passer because not one person in the leauge belives hes gunna shoot...

as for everyone bashing curry i predict hes gunna have a really big year regardless of the shape hes in hes gunna get burn because the lack of bigs on the squad and the fact that he can score like crazy plus before the knicks he was more comfortable scoring face up to the basket and now that hes got his backto the basketgame he is gunna be dangerous...

and id also like to predict that all of you will hop on his d*ck by the 20th game

10 years ago '07        #3746
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,250 | Props total: 1643 1643
Jeffries High BBIQ left the day he put on a Knicks jersey...one of our better players looked lost as sh*t on the court last year....the injury was unfortunate but paves the way for Wilson to step up and take that starting spot...too bad Gallinari is injured

10-04-2008, 08:04 AM         #3747
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said
but of course....

unfortunately jefferies, along with his contract, have almost ZERO value around the league....hence the reason we traded Balk...

believe me be....i wouldnt have signed Jefferies to that contract, but we're stuck with him....if he were paid a lil cheaper (as he should be) he wouldnt be a bad piece for this team

put it this way.....hes not anything great....but he aint the problem either

I agree brother. Like the article did say that Isiah used him wrong. Dantoni likes Jeffries. His offensive probably would of made Jeffries confidence stronger.

Jeffries did have flashes of goodness or decentness. We can all agree he wasnt consistant under Isiah. Boris Diaw was garbage in Atlanta and became a good player on the Suns. Who knows how JJ will be?

We can say that Dantoni will make these guys better and hopefully trade worthy.

I will hope that PE2 will play this year.

Last edited by cpalmer1; 10-04-2008 at 08:05 AM..

10 years ago '07        #3748
space
space
at least we're not lacking at the SF position w/ jj out... we still got PE2 and wilson... he'll be back later in the season, as will danilo.

10 years ago '06        #3749
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
Talkin with the Knicks...(9/30 @ training camp)

Talkin with the Knicks...(10/3)

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 10-04-2008 at 11:26 AM..

10 years ago '06        #3750
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
wow eddy looks like he lost a TON of weight after f!ghting that bacterial infection....

he looked AMAZINGGGGG in camp today...

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Did YouTube go down last week to erase a livestream of an object hittin..
24 comments
2 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sticking My Finger In Her A** Like It’s Rondo’s Face
33 comments
3 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LEBRON JAMES SOLIDIFIES THAT HE CAME TO LA MAINLY FOR HIS HOLLYWOOD VENTUR..
46 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA *BROTHERHOOD OVER* LEBRON JAMES says HE DID NOT SPEAK to his TEAMMATES aft..
63 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Eric Reid On Altercation With Malcolm Jenkins: "HE'S A SELLOUT"
17 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Brandon ingram Might Be GONE FOR A WHILE, He Almost PUNCHED A REFEREE B4 L..
99 comments
7 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Mighty Redskins vs Cowboys: Offical Thread: 10-21-18 (4:25PM CBS)
265 comments
6 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Bayou Boys in Baltimore:New Orleans Saints @ The Baltimore Ravens (Gametim..
442 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Mexican Gang Member Warns 6ix9ine About Prison
86 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Lil Tay blames XXXTENCION cord death on her father
14 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Nuts About To Bust Like Her Pants Button
34 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Drake Buys 3rd Home In Hidden Hills
35 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside M1lf: after 5 kids? You be the judge.
47 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
CAT DADDY - Please Don't LOCK Me UP ... THAT CHICK'S GONNA HAVE S3X WITH ME!!!
33 comments
7 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NFL Should Jaguars Trade For QB Eli Manning?
13 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Aaron Donald is a bad man. Takes the ball away from Brieda with one hand.
5 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Anthony Kiedis was Red Hot and wanted all the smoke with cp3
23 comments
7 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Where Can I Find Some Fine Ass Midgets Like These Two?
7 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Thick ass 70% chokolate girl
2 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 20 - 63 infant bodies found at second Detroit funeral home
28 comments
7 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Flippa Huxtable
Lonny Breaux
OG.JMB.159
The Watcher
Daddy Black
M Jizzle1986
Deuterion
suavehooper
FreeSmoke
johnnysnow
Top 10 most slapped recently
suavehooper
DEATH
Papi
Mr Scaramucci
BlackDynamite
Sccit
FreeSmoke
Lonny Breaux
Call me fresco
Flippa Huxtable

most viewed right now
online now  53
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
362 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  24
Video inside "If Your 30 Years Old & Slept With Only 25 Women Your a Beta Male."
277 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  23
Oct 20 - BREAKING: Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with R..
63 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
33 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  16
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
29 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside Queen Latifah Expecting Child With Partner Eboni Nichols