squad up!

New York Knicks

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #3426
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3980 3980
 DRuNk 24/7 said
that move makes ZERO sense

cut salary???...Balk is on a rookie contract

and if you gunna waive them 2 players, why not just waive Balkman???
was thinking the samething, sounds like something that somebody in Denver made up...why take back more money just to waive it (and probably pay more by releasing two contracts in the process)

10 years ago '06        #3427
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said
was thinking the samething, sounds like something that somebody in Denver made up...why take back more money just to waive it (and probably pay more by releasing two contracts in the process)
especially when you can cut Marbury, Malik, or even ya boy Big Snaxxx to get to 15 contracts...

i just dont understand...

unless of course Walsh'Toni think that Green (a young pure point) and Jones (might be a better overall defender than balk) actually have a place on this team

it doesnt make sense from a salary dump perspective...if we gunna waive these 2 guys, why not just waive balk?

ima rock the Balkman sig and avy for a lil bit in memory in case this actually goes down

10 years ago '05        #3428
Bx_Bomberz 203 heat pts203
space
space
$23,341 | Props total: 16162 16162
why is there no talk of moving jeffries hes got a player option for 2010/11 at 7 mil

if we could get rid of him and zach other then rookie contracts we got just eddy n crawford signed through 2010/11

10 years ago '06        #3429
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,414 | Props total: 102 102
its official

peace balkmania :(

are we keeping taurean green or no?

07-28-2008, 03:32 PM         #3430
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said
that move makes ZERO sense

cut salary???...Balk is on a rookie contract

and if you gunna waive them 2 players, why not just waive Balkman???

i understand that the Nuggs has some interest in ZRo at the deadline last year...i wouldnt mind including balkman in a deal wit ZRo for that trade exemption of theirs now that they ridded themselves of Camby
Because you would get nothing in return if you just waive a player. We're getting a draft pick. That's good because you can have more leverage with trading that pick.

Balkman wasnt going to fit. Wilson Chandler is the SF of the future.

NATE is next.

07-28-2008, 08:10 PM         #3431
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cpalmer1 said
Because you would get nothing in return if you just waive a player. We're getting a draft pick. That's good because you can have more leverage with trading that pick.

Balkman wasnt going to fit. Wilson Chandler is the SF of the future.

NATE is next.
I don't know if Nate will be next because D'Antoni has been saying good things about Nate. The next guy that might be packing his bags might be Mardy Collins.

I agree the sf position was stacked so there was no playing time available for Balkman. Not only that but Balkman has shown little improvement since the Knicks drafted him.He is a liability on offense end. His defense last year looked average. With Chandler, Gallinari, and Jeffries Balkman would have been the odd man out.

10 years ago '06        #3432
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
FUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

just got home and seen it on the MSG ticker

*rolls up a blizzy*

RIP Balk.....you'll still be 1 of my fav's

10 years ago '06        #3433
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
Ahhhhh the memories.....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

You'll be missed Renaldo....u most definitely will be missed...

*Twists one up for my homie*

*free's up some space on my comp at least*

10 years ago '06        #3434
space
space
nuggets are the new blazers with all the weedheads there

10 years ago '06        #3435
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 TheKidHypno' said
nuggets are the new blazers with all the weedheads there

LMAO....

now balkman is REALLY gunna be a Mile High...

laughing is the only way to make me stop tearing :(

10 years ago '04        #3436
space
space
sadly this was one "rumor" that i wasn't taking serious when i posted it hours before it actually happened, :(

Balkman would have been perfect under this system..oh well, guess he'll have to suffer being in the same team as Me, Myself and I-verson...he'll be the Iguodala of Denver

10 years ago '07        #3437
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,233 | Props total: 2990 2990
at least AI will get someone who works hard, despite not being a superstar name. nuggets have a few of those when u throw in kleiza and najera.

but why... WHY was it not jared jefferies? w/ his contract you cut out a lot more money than balk's rookie contract???? i'd rather deal the underacheiving swingman w/ an unnecessary contract than the hardworking young scrapper who doesn't produce as much as u want on the offensive end

10 years ago '06        #3438
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
who cares now...

whats done is done...

time to move on...

this stings...dont get me wrong

i can only imagine how bad its gunna be when he trades DLee....

07-29-2008, 04:40 AM         #3439
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rhymes4Days said
I don't know if Nate will be next because D'Antoni has been saying good things about Nate. The next guy that might be packing his bags might be Mardy Collins.

I agree the sf position was stacked so there was no playing time available for Balkman. Not only that but Balkman has shown little improvement since the Knicks drafted him.He is a liability on offense end. His defense last year looked average. With Chandler, Gallinari, and Jeffries Balkman would have been the odd man out.
:applause: thank you sir. please post more.

I have no loyality to anyone on this team. Lets get to Trading.
Balkman a Fan favorite? please. You should be a favorite when you win games.

Later Master Splinter

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '06        #3440
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 cpalmer1 said
:applause: thank you sir. please post more.

I have no loyality to anyone on this team. Lets get to Trading.
Balkman a Fan favorite? please. You should be a favorite when you win games.

Later Master Splinter

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

:applause::applause:

i like the master splinter comparison....havent heardthat one yet...LMAO

and yes, i do agree..... Rhymes4Days, wish you'd come thru more often... quality poster on this board

10 years ago '06        #3441
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
Walsh is "whacking" everybody...i told you they were the "Sopraknicks"...lol

Steve Mills gets demoted

Steve Mills was responsible for hiring both Isiah Thomas and Anucha Browne Sanders so it was only a matter of time before Mills would be held accountable for one of the most embarrassing periods in Madison Square Garden history.

Today, Mills was replaced as president of Madison Square Garden sports by Scott O’Neil, who enjoyed a long stint with the NBA. A press release issued by the Garden said that “as part of the reorganization, Steve Mills becomes president, business operations, MSG Sports Teams, reporting to Mr. O’Neil.”

The Garden was held liable for s3xually harassing Browne Sanders, a former top executive. Browne Sanders accused the Garden of firing her in retaliation for her complaints about the alleged harassment. The lawsuit alleged that after Browne Sanders’ lawyer told Madison Square Garden of her complaint, Madison Square Garden forced her out of work while it investigated the situation. Madison Square Garden says it fired Browne Sanders because of “an inability to fulfill professional responsibilities.” However, Mills had repeatedly given her glowing evaluations.

The trial caused a rift between Mills and Thomas, who continues to claim that he never s3xually harassed Browne Sanders. Privately, Thomas blamed Mills for giving Browne Sanders too much power in the organization.

*Steve Mills is a fukkin a$$hole, thank god they gave himthe "isiah treatment"*

10 years ago '04        #3442
space
space
The New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that guard Taurean Green and guard/forward Bobby Jones have been waived.

Both had been acquired on Monday from Denver, along with a 2010 second-round draft choice, for forward Renaldo Balkman and cash considerations.

guess it's kinda ironic that Balkman was supposed to be a 2nd round pick that year he got drafted and that's exactly what we got from him in this trade

10 years ago '04        #3443
space
space
Frank Isola cites a Knicks' source saying that any transaction involving Stephon Marbury will not take place until late September or early October.

The Knicks reportedly prefer to trade Marbury and get something in return, rather than releasing him outright.

In Macau, where he is on the Olympic coaching staff, Mike D'Antoni commented on the trade of Renaldo Balkman.

"Renaldo really had no role after we drafted Gallinari, and with the emergence of Wilson Chandler his minutes would be nonexistent," D'Antoni told The a.ssociated Press. "So it really wasn't fair to him to keep him in a spot that he wouldn't play and also gives us an opportunity to clear up a roster spot and move on."

07-29-2008, 04:35 PM         #3444
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=Born_Loser;12372840]Frank Isola cites a Knicks' source saying that any transaction involving Stephon Marbury will not take place until late September or early October.

The Knicks reportedly prefer to trade Marbury and get something in return, rather than releasing him outright.

In Macau, where he is on the Olympic coaching staff, Mike D'Antoni commented on the trade of Renaldo Balkman.

"Renaldo really had no role after we drafted Gallinari, and with the emergence of Wilson Chandler his minutes would be nonexistent," D'Antoni told The a.ssociated Press. "So it really wasn't fair to him to keep him in a spot that he wouldn't play and also gives us an opportunity to clear up a roster spot and move on."[/QUOTE]

now I cant wait to see WC.

[pic - click to view]

"W" Wilson Chandler, blouses!!

07-30-2008, 07:58 AM         #3445
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thanks for the props guys.

I really think if Balkman does not get a jumpshot not only will he not have a role on the Knicks but he might not be in the NBA. There are many players that are athletic in this league or in different drafts. Balkman in my book is another Frank Williams, and Sweetney. Where fans overrate a player that is below average and think they are a solid role player.

If Mardy Collins does not shape up he will be the next player to be shipped out. Remember Walsh talked about how he was impressed with Chandler, Roberson, and Gallinari. Yet Walsh had nothing good to say about Mardy and Balkman.

07-30-2008, 08:06 AM         #3446
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said
Walsh is "whacking" everybody...i told you they were the "Sopraknicks"...lol

*Steve Mills is a fukkin a$$hole, thank god they gave himthe "isiah treatment"*
I don't fault Mills as much as I fault Dolan. Mills was thought of as a highly intellectual guy before he joined the MSG. He was David Sterns right hand man in the NBA. Even if Mills gets fired today he will find a new job in an hour. The reason is everyone knows if you work for the Knicks you are not allowed to do your job to best of your ability without Dolan interfering. Mills job was to run MSG not just the Knicks. With all the mess going on the Garden still was bring top dollars in revenue. Even with the Knicks playing like trash they were still up their with the Lakers.

07-30-2008, 08:28 AM         #3447
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When I think of Balkman off the court I think of

10 years ago '05        #3448
Bx_Bomberz 203 heat pts203
space
space
$23,341 | Props total: 16162 16162
like the idea of keepin marbs for value even if he starts the season cuz the way sh*t is lookin were gunna have to stock up on late picks to move guys like jeffries and randolph

i dont really see much sense in tryin to get rid of guys like jerome james and q rich just cuz they not gunna be around for 2010

sh*t im just hopin we have a few more roster moves before the season

i dont think there gunna move mardy just yet cuz i dont think a team would give up a 1st for him but if he shows some improvement this year think teams will

hate to say it but i think d lee is the next on the chopping block

10 years ago '06        #3449
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 Bx_bomberz said
like the idea of keepin marbs for value even if he starts the season cuz the way sh*t is lookin were gunna have to stock up on late picks to move guys like jeffries and randolph

i dont really see much sense in tryin to get rid of guys like jerome james and q rich just cuz they not gunna be around for 2010

sh*t im just hopin we have a few more roster moves before the season

i dont think there gunna move mardy just yet cuz i dont think a team would give up a 1st for him but if he shows some improvement this year think teams will

hate to say it but i think d lee is the next on the chopping block

yea, with all this HOOPLAh surrounding the balkman trade, i wonder how bad its gunna get when we eventually trade Lee...

i support Walsh...i think he's doing all he can...and he's sticking to his PLAN

10 years ago '06        #3450
space
space
ewing jr got released....

Home      

most viewed right now
BREAKING: AR-AB & OBH Associates allegedly Indicted by the FEDS!
112 comments
11 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DAMN!! Trans-girl who slept with BUCK just released a diss Track exposi..
64 comments
9 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA DAAAAMMNN!!! Carmelo looking crazy af sitting on the bench. I feel bad...
77 comments
9 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
J Prince Warns Pusha To Move on From Drake Beef or He'll Squash His Career Lik..
217 comments
10 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Cardi B Say She Got Good Warm Coochie and Mouf Plus a Deep Throat
42 comments
9 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas destroys Steven A Smith in Bron/MJ debate.
76 comments
10 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Face is just amazing, ti*ties filled with deliciousness.
9 comments
11 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 100% USDA Beef. GET SUM!
26 comments
10 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside SMH Brittany Renner lowkey exposed Collin Kaepernick for cheating on h..
25 comments
10 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside One of the best films of that last ten years nobody cares about
59 comments
14 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 18 - Divers swim through 90 ft of raw sewage to unclog 'flushable ..
51 comments
12 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jheezzeee Diddy just upgraded from Cassie - NEW ASIAN ting ALERT!!
59 comments
11 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Eryka Badu really goin crazy in front of our eyes and yall ignoring it,..
73 comments
10 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA I thought Kyrie wanted his own team?
41 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside It took a short chunky Latina to produce the true heir to the Schwarze..
23 comments
12 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Ovo 40 finally speaks. Let’s Pusha TMZ know OVO ready for all the smoke
59 comments
12 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Pusha Tea exposed as a lying chatty patty.
46 comments
11 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside LMAO: Everyday Struggle Is FORCED TO TALK ABOUT JOE BUDDEN After Pusha ..
18 comments
12 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Oct 18 - MD comptroller calls Nati Light 77-pk irresponsible, it encourages bi..
37 comments
9 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 18 - It's Lit! China plans to launch artificial moon to replace st..
49 comments
12 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Call me fresco
Rule 336
stogz
FireBeats
Tha Boss
TheLastNonEarth
Dun Language
Mr Scaramucci
DATKIDD121
PROV
Top 10 most slapped recently
baddie
BlackDynamite
Affectz
trapclassics
Rule 336
Youngshinebox
Blah
suavehooper
G.W.
MayneThaTruth2

most viewed right now
online now  34
Video inside Big d*ck in new york public experiment
162 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  27
Image(s) inside The wall
102 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  22
Former president of iran quotes tupac to troll the united states on twitter
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Article inside R* Co Founder facing backlash after admitting employees worked 100 hr..
77 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  6
Image(s) inside What Does Your "BX Name" Mean...?
100 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  6
Image(s) inside The 10 most Rat Infested cities in the U.S. - - NY not #1?
111 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  4
Cassidy exposed fu-king tr@nnies with wife???
211 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  4
“Cap” Responds To Pusha T
105 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy