New York Knicks

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
221 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
164 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2721
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,711 | Props total: 2231 2231
One Heat official expressed concern that Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni will try to ingratiate himself to Dwyane Wade (and LeBron James) as a U.S. Olympic a.ssistant coach this summer in case the Knicks can clear cap space to pursue either as free agents in 2010. -- Miami Herald

When Donnie Walsh gets here Thursday, he'll be studying prospective general managers more than he'll be viewing his potential draft choice. The NBA predraft camp is similar to the Final Four: It's like a convention of coaches, scouts and executives coming together in one place to find opportunities. And everyone expects a receiving line to form at Walsh's seat. The main candidates are all here. Former Philadelphia 76ers executive Billy King smiled as he walked into the gym and sidestepped a question about his interest in a GM position with the Knicks. When asked if he plans to talk to Walsh this week, King coyly replied, "I'm sure if he says hi, I will say hello." Others such as Denver's Mark Warkentien and Washington's Tommy Sheppard are also present, along with several others who would like a chance to get Walsh's ear. Another name in the mix is Bernie Bickerstaff, who recently left the Charlotte Bobcats after Larry Brown was hired. Bickerstaff was promised a position with the Knicks by Walsh. -- Newsday

Patrick Ewing has a beef with Knicks president Donnie Walsh - because he didn't get a phone call during the Knicks' head-coaching search. Ewing, an Orlando a.ssistant coach, attended opening night of the NBA's pre-draft camp - his son, Patrick Ewing Jr. of Georgetown is slated as a late first-round, early second-round pick. If he chooses, Ewing will get a chance to talk it out with Walsh, who arrives tomorrow. Ewing joked the media should set up the pow-wow. "There's nobody who is an a.ssistant coach who doesn't want to be a head coach," said Ewing, who has been an a.ssistant for five seasons and is credited with lifting center Dwight Howard to the next level. "Unless you've already been a head coach and you're older and you're just putting in hours until you retire. I'm young. I'd definitely want to be a head coach one day. And I'm disappointed I didn't get a call, yeah. "I think I'm an up and coming coach. I think I'm going to be a good head coach one day. Even if I don't get the job, I felt I deserved at least to get an interview." -- NY Post

The Knicks' a.ssistant staff is in disarray, as D'Antoni awaits word whether his Suns a.ssistants, Alvin Gentry and Phil Weber, will be released from their contracts. His brother, Dan D'Antoni, is negotiating a Knicks' contract. Only Herb Williams is expected to survive from Thomas' coaching staff, with Mark Aguirre and George Glymph expected to be fired, and Brendan Suhr's future is unclear. -- NY Post
 9 years ago '07        #2722
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 181 181
^^^ no surprises there
 05-28-2008, 06:29 PM         #2723
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We are all arguing/debating over one draft pick. Yes we only have 1 draft pick this year.

We need to be thinking about how the Knicks will rid themselves of this roster.
 05-28-2008, 07:31 PM         #2724
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cpalmer1 said:
We are all arguing/debating over one draft pick. Yes we only have 1 draft pick this year.

We need to be thinking about how the Knicks will rid themselves of this roster.

I think that fact that Marbury and Malik contracts are going to expire is a good start. Not to mention we have next's year draft pick also. The only really big contract is Zach's which does not expire until 2011. The thing I want this team to do is trade big contracts for expiring contracts.

The players I would look to get rid of is

Either Curry or Zach for expiring contracts.
Buyout Jerome James, trade Mardy Collins

Marbury and Malik I would not worry with too much because at the end of the season they will be gone.
 05-28-2008, 07:35 PM         #2725
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know about guys but I really don't know about getting Wade on the Knicks. The guy seems to always get injured these days.
 05-28-2008, 08:35 PM         #2726
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we truly need to work with some of the players we have and trade and waive alot of the people that just sit on the bench. im not sure where we will be going with this trade tho. because we have too many guards
 9 years ago '04        #2727
g_hilde 
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 0 0
 Rhymes4Days said:
I don't know about guys but I really don't know about getting Wade on the Knicks. The guy seems to always get injured these days.
he is slowly becoming the next penny

and chuck is his version of lil penny
 9 years ago '07        #2728
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 181 181
 g_hilde said:

hahaha... ahh the flashbacks...

"penny stop the car! that was tyra banks fool!"
 9 years ago '04        #2729
space
space
Hey Penny!!!

Got Room For A Brother On Ya Planet?!!!
 9 years ago '04        #2730
space
space
As he said on lottery night, Donnie Walsh is considering trading the No. 6 pick, and sources here indicate the Raptors will be active on June 26. The Raptors are beginning to shop PG T.J. Ford, according to a league executive. -- NY Post

The Post has learned one candidate Donnie Walsh plans to interview about the Knicks' GM position is former Magic president John Gabriel, who's working for the Blazers. Meanwhile, top candidate Billy King is leaving town this morning for NBA TV duties and won't speak with Walsh. -- NY Post

Fran Fraschilla has a message for Knicks president Donnie Walsh: Take Danilo Gallinari at No. 6 in the NBA draft if O.J. Mayo isn't there. Fraschilla, the former St. John's and Manhattan coach and now ESPN's international draft expert, has seen Gallinari, the 19-year-old, 6-foot-10 small forward, play for three years and believes the Italian Stallion is worthy of a top-eight pick. The Nets, meanwhile, are selecting 10th, and though GM Kiki Vandeweghe, a big international guy, scouted Gallinari last month in Italy, Jersey may not see him drop to its spot, unless it trades up. -- NY Post

Suns president Steve Kerr said yesterday he still won't release the contracts of a.ssistant coaches Phil Weber or Alvin Gentry, postponing Mike D'Antoni's chance of a.ssembling his staff. Yesterday, D'Antoni agent Warren LeGarie spoke with Kerr about the issue. LeGarie also represents Weber, a Long Island native eager to join the Knicks, and Gentry. At this juncture, D'Antoni envisions his three bench coaches as holdover Herb Williams, Weber and his brother Dan D'Antoni. A source said if Gentry doesn't come, D'Antoni will search for a player-development coach. "They're under contract with the Suns," Kerr told The Post. "We'll see what happens. Everything falls into place once we have a head coach." -- NY Post

It wasn't retribution when Madison Square Garden told Tom Brokaw's friend Ralph Schlosstein he couldn't have two of Brokaw's four Knicks season tickets, which he'd been using for the past 10 years. It's just procedure, says a rep for the Knicks. The tickets were in Brokaw's name, and Knick-bashing Brokaw no longer wanted them. "Brokaw went very public that he wasn't renewing his Knicks season tickets, and now he is very privately trying to get them back," said a team spokesman. "We were as fair as we could possibly be. We offered to put Schlosstein on the list for other seats." -- NY Post
 05-29-2008, 05:24 PM         #2731
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 g_hilde said:

For real. With the Knicks luck we would get Wade and while Wade is getting off the plane he would fall down some stairs and bust both knee caps.
 9 years ago '04        #2732
space
space
Donnie Walsh said that had things not worked out with Mike D'Antoni or Avery Johnson, he had a list of candidates that included Patrick Ewing. It would be a trickier situation to bring Ewing in on D'Antoni's staff because Ewing currently is under contract with the Magic as an a.ssistant. But Walsh left the door open for the future when he said, "He's a guy that you would like to see back in New York someday." -- Newsday

Knicks President Donnie Walsh did reveal one strategy with the No. 6 overall pick -- if, that is, he intends to use it and not trade it. Walsh said he generally goes for the best player available but said if you do draft need, "it has to be a player who you feel can be way above what you have now." Meet Jerryd Bayless. The 6-3 guard from Arizona says he would "fit in real well with the Knicks." Why? Because the Phoenix native not only grew up watching the Suns play the Mike D'Antoni system, he has been tutored in it by the best professor available, Steve Nash. "I've known Steve and I've worked out with him," Bayless said, "so I know tricks and the things he's shown me that I can use inside that offense." -- Newsday
 9 years ago '06        #2733
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
its gunna be interesting to see if mayo or bayless drops to us come june 26th...

i think im actually gunna go to the draft....i was hopin i was going there to see D Rose takin pics wit a fresh Knick hat on n holdin our jersey...

but now im just intrigued to see wut it is that we do with this 6th pick...so many options...

i have faith that Donnie Walsh knows exactly wut he wants to do, and that it will be the right decision
 05-30-2008, 06:10 PM         #2734
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
did you read today that they may very well trade the 6 pick for DJ Augustin?

WALSH COULD TRADE KNICKS' NO. 6 PICK
By MARC BERMAN

May 30, 2008 --
ORLANDO, Fla. - Donnie Walsh finally arrived at the pre-draft camp here yesterday and officially began the task of gauging the trade value of the Knicks' sixth pick in the June 26 draft.

The more the Knicks president talked, the more he sounded as if he would rather wheel and deal.

"We're going to look at every option," Walsh said in a state-of-the-Knicks Address at Disney's Wide World of Sports. "Trade it outright for a very good NBA player. Trade back for multiple picks. Trade up. There's a lot of different things you do. You explore everything."

At six, Walsh could have a shot at point guard Jerryd Bayless, shooting guard Eric Gordon or 6-foot-10 small forwards Anthony Randolph and the Italian Stallion Danilo Gallinari. Even O.J. Mayo, who said yesterday he wants to play point guard in the NBA, could slip to six, though it seems unlikely. If he trades back, Walsh could land the purest point guard left after Derrick Rose - D.J. Augustin.
Asked if the pick has trade value in a draft in which players 3 through 12 are considered comparable, Walsh pointed to the Milk House where dozens of team executives and coaches had gathered and said, "I'll find out. We'll explore all of it."

Walsh's willingness to deal the pick underscores his belief the draft is not deep after the top two picks of Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley and may not contain a bonafide point-guard-of-the-future.

"I'm not sure (it's deep)," Walsh said. "We're dealing with a lot of young players, which makes it difficult. There are guys who are going to be great players and not projected to be great players right now. Our job is to pick that guy."

Walsh will do the evaluation without making another front-office hire. He refuted speculation he's looking to hire a general manager before the draft, going with senior vice president Glen Grunwald. The Knicks have 13 scouts in Orlando and Walsh will conduct meetings with them over the weekend here to discuss the draft.

Nuggets GM Mark Warkentien, who has two years left on his pact, likely would be the leading candidate if Walsh conducts a search this summer, because of their strong relationship. Friends of the two say Warkentien considers Walsh his mentor and has long wanted to work for him.

"I haven't said I needed a new GM," Walsh said. "I know there's a lot of interest because I get phone calls. I got people in place. I'm happy with what Glen is doing."

Walsh said the Knicks could use in this draft a playmaker that makes others better and a shot blocker
 9 years ago '04        #2735
space
space
seems like i've been fiending for something these past few weeks.....first it was for the draft lottery now it's for the actual draft...next of course is The Dark Knight in July,

oh well...just less than 4 weeks till the draft
 9 years ago '06        #2736
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,350 | Props total: 1316 1316
damn Anthony Randolph lookin impressive
he can dribble too and hes like 6'10
 9 years ago '04        #2737
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
$2,050 | Props total: 0 0
why they trying to get that italin guy at sf.....we got q,wilson,balkman and jared at the sf spot already
 9 years ago '06        #2738
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,384 | Props total: 65 65
 Born_Loser said:
seems like i've been fiending for something these past few weeks.....first it was for the draft lottery now it's for the actual draft...next of course is The Dark Knight in July,

oh well...just less than 4 weeks till the draft

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #2739
space
space
 pissin-on-game said:
why they trying to get that italin guy at sf.....we got q,wilson,balkman and jared at the sf spot already
because he can play PF and SG aka depth

and D'Antoni has a boner for big men who can shoot the ball
 9 years ago '06        #2740
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$23,350 | Props total: 1316 1316
 Born_Loser said:
because he can play PF and SG aka depth

and D'Antoni has a boner for big men who can shoot the ball
forgot to put D'Antnoni Hearts Italian men
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
154 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy