New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Kylie Jenner Calls 21 Savage A B**ch
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
90 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #2581
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said:
WTF @ STAR IS BORN

n*gga acting lil funny in that interview

"For the first time in my career im climbing mountains"

"Nah, literally climbing mountains.....im hiking the mountains of Los Angeles"

----"THERE ARE MOUNTAINS IN LOS ANGELES???-----

METHbury still wilin out

*anyone catch the Kellerman interview wit marbs???....now that was funny*
 9 years ago '06        #2582
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
a post from a Suns fan on the RealGm boards....

discusses the "Seven Second Or Less" Theory

Small Handbook: SSOL

SSOL - Defined as Seven Seconds or less.

This is theory behind Mike Ds SSOL System

Transition:
The theory is based that a defense is at its weakest point during the first seven seconds of transition from offense to defense.

Defense
People that dont understand the system think the Suns dont play defense. they actually do on the players they dont want to shoot.

The Theory is also banks on the fact your team allows the opposition to have wide open shots in some areas. This is done by scouting! Some players k!ll their own team because they cant pass up a chance to score.
Zach Randolph use to k!ll his own team in Portland yet put up big numbers.

Made baskets no excuse to slow down!
The transition idea is from scouting to determine whom is not hustling back after a miss or even a made shot.
Your gonna be surprised at how many times there will be a 3 on 1 fast break after a made shot!
Lull the opposition into a pick up style game. hence abandoning their own offense. This plays right into the scheme.

Second: Whom on the opposing team doesnt understand how to get through a HIGH pick and roll set. This can be exploited up to 20 times in one game, in different combinations.

Third: Ball movement, speed, keep the ball rotating until someone doesnt rotate on defense quick enough. (there is a little of Duke basketball theory I believe in its spot up system. )

Players Roles within the System

Point Guard - The point guard is single handedly the most important player on the court. This player must fit this mold.

- High IQ on Court
- Great Court Vision
- Creative in the lane
- Great 3 pt fg pct shooter, 80pct + free throw line helps
- Has to have loads of energy, has to be the hardest working player on the court.

Shooting Guard - This player ideally will be 6-7 with a deadly shot. This player was utilized for only one season of the Dantoni era. His name was Joe Johnson. Raja Bell and Barbosa were neither the style or true fit which encompasses this player.

- Height is important simply because he must be strong enough to take players off the dribble.
- Slasher
- 3pt spot shooter
- He is the second most important defensive player

Small Forward - Athletic, board crashing, F-14 filling the outside lanes of the running game. Must be able to finish with explosiveness.

- #1 defender
- Speed at this position can make opposing SF pay. Notoriously the NBA is filled with SF that dont hustle. This player makes a living at garbage points.

Small Forward / Power Forward - Yes under the true system you have another player that sets screens, finishes breaks and crashes the boards. This player will normally hit alot of baseline shots. Or be the recipent of many dunks from alley hoops.

Power forward / small center - This was Amare position and you will grow to love or hate this player in a hurry. Boris Diaw won most improved player by filling in for Amare (knee surgeries).

- Pick and roll
- Must finish with authority
- Good FT shooter must be at least 75% will go to the line about 10x a game
- Long arms or incredible finisher
- If not a great finisher, he must be a great passer. Combination might be better yet.

Downfalls / and Comments:

1. Not traditional and many many people dont buy into it. 28 other teams will do it the standard way hope they can get a good center, decent pg and role players.

2. Bench - Mike D even by his own admission someday will admit he didnt use the bench players for the roles they couldve played. He rarely goes past his 8th man. Hence invest heavy in bonafide starters gap fill with low-budget role players on the bench.

3. Poor shooting and turnovers - Like any team this is bad but for SSOL this can be the achilles heel. The Suns were built around this, and this at any time could be a game changer, because its so fast paced you could be up by 10 one moment and down by 10 the next. Crazy but youll win this 10 - 10 f!ght more often than not. Your never out of a game.

5. Free agents will beg to play in this system they will take less money to come to NY.

6. Same system John Calipari runs for the Memphis Tigers as a matter of fact he sends his a.ssistants to Phoenix to learn from Mike. Mike openly has taught this to the Tiger coach. Now many of those a.ssistants are landing jobs at other major Universities. (**Derrick Rose is the PERFECT fit for this team**)

7. FUN FUN FUN to watch... This is like the AND 1 TV show without all the tricks. Crowds love to watch it. (See Jamal Crawford)

8. Most important of all - The Suns I believe were 75-8 at one stretch vs the Eastern Conference with SSOL.

Conclusion:

SSOL can win a championship believe it or not, but just like any year the best team that month will win. Suns due to lack of bench werent always the best team come May/June.

This is the only style of game where you can be outrebounded literally every nite and still win. However you cannot have more turnovers, be outhustled, or shoot a lower FG pct.
 9 years ago '04        #2583
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
next wednesday needs to hurry the fu*k up already...wanna see where this team stands in the draft already
 9 years ago '06        #2584
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,383 | Props total: 65 65
mountainbury!!!!!
 9 years ago '04        #2585
space
space
shocked...i aint hear any thoughts about the thought of Diaw and Barbosa to NY

and as for the coaching staff looks like Mike might be getting his brother as one a.ssistant and Ewing might be brought up as another

and there might be a possibilty the knicks might end up with Calderon...he wants the starting job but that's TJ's job to lose so who knows..
 9 years ago '07        #2586
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
^^ yo jose calderon would be nice to have a the PG, or diaw and barbosa...

i just simulated the draft lottery on ESPN.com, and the knicks keep comin up around 5-6... of course i kept simulating until we came at #1, taking D Rose...

the future has the potential to be bright for the knicks if walsh keeps a steady head... only if he could draw j. o'neal from the pacers too...
 05-15-2008, 07:50 AM         #2587
dakiddsp456 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they dont need barbosa or diaw they need to keep marbury this year because his contract expires
 9 years ago '06        #2588
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 TheKidHypno' said:
mountainbury!!!!!

9 years ago '04        #2589
space
space
Walsh got Zeke in Europe right now scouting to foreign players, Danilo Gallinari and Nicolas Batum

can take it with a grand of salt but we're either gonna move down in the draft for more picks (if we don't get a top 3 most likely) or Walsh is hustlin right now and getting some more draft picks via trades.....every 1st round mock draft i seen, never seen these two names pop up

either getting Jarryd Bayless or we gonna move down in the draft
 9 years ago '06        #2590
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,383 | Props total: 65 65
 I Am The Truth said:
^^ yo jose calderon would be nice to have a the PG, or diaw and barbosa...

i just simulated the draft lottery on ESPN.com, and the knicks keep comin up around 5-6... of course i kept simulating until we came at #1, taking D Rose...

the future has the potential to be bright for the knicks if walsh keeps a steady head... only if he could draw j. o'neal from the pacers too...
fu*k jermaine oneil and his bum a.ss knee/contract
 9 years ago '07        #2591
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
Walsh got Zeke in Europe right now scouting to foreign players, Danilo Gallinari and Nicolas Batum

can take it with a grand of salt but we're either gonna move down in the draft for more picks (if we don't get a top 3 most likely) or Walsh is hustlin right now and getting some more draft picks via trades.....every 1st round mock draft i seen, never seen these two names pop up

either getting Jarryd Bayless or we gonna move down in the draft
ditto bayless is good fit... im not ruling them out but i'm not necessarily eager to see any europeans on the knicks after they drafted freddy weis (who never played a game)
 9 years ago '07        #2592
space
space
 TheKidHypno' said:
fu*k jermaine oneil and his bum a.ss knee/contract
sh*t, forgot all about his contract... but i think his knee could hold up tho
 05-15-2008, 06:36 PM         #2593
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

died!!!!
 9 years ago '06        #2594
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 cpalmer1 said:
died!!!!
i know that shyt had me cryin when i seen it....

-but yo, word on the means streets of RealGm...theres a possibility of a trade involving David Lee thats in discussion

KNICKS TRADE:
David Lee and Malik Rose (8 mil expiring)

GRIZZLIES TRADE:
Mike Miller and #28 pick (from the Lakers)

*wut do you guys think about this deal???....i wouldnt wanna see that mohawk in any jersey other than a knicks jersey...but i gotta say, this is a very realistic and plausable deal

i think mike miller is a great fit in the D'Antoni system...big, athletic sg(/sf) who handles the ball well, passes well and can rebound the ball...

i dunno...wutchya guys think?
 9 years ago '04        #2595
space
space
David Lee plus an expiring contract....could get a lot more than that (not dissing Mike Miller but let's be real)

did hear that Lee might be getting traded (as some start of package deal)...if Knicks can get rid of Randolph or even want to, don't see why moving Lee would make sense (unless he saying he aint resigning after the season)
 9 years ago '04        #2596
g_hilde 
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 0 0
i don't like the mike miller trade at all.

but ryan anderson or ty lawson (assuming no rose) at 28 would be pretty good pickups

a more intriguing trade imo is wally world (2 yrs, 12.3 mill) and #19 for zach and balkman
 9 years ago '04        #2597
space
space
Maybe this will be the year that Patrick Ewing finally returns to New York. Mike D'Antoni said Thursday that he would consider hiring the Knicks' Hall of Fame center as one of his a.ssistant coaches. "I know what he did in New York and I know that he's done a good job since he left," D'Antoni said. "He will definitely be considered." -- NY Daily News

Billy King, Billy Knight, Bernie Bickerstaff and a mystery man are the exclusive competition for the Knicks' GM job, it says here. -- NY Post
 9 years ago '07        #2598
space
space
 g_hilde said:
i don't like the mike miller trade at all.

but ryan anderson or ty lawson (assuming no rose) at 28 would be pretty good pickups

a more intriguing trade imo is wally world (2 yrs, 12.3 mill) and #19 for zach and balkman
nah... like the mike miller deal better and he's a good fit in Mike D's system... but like Born Loser said, i think we could shop around a bit then come back to that option, don't squeeze the trigger just yet
 9 years ago '07        #2599
space
space
More Knicks news, via InsideHoops.com

Ewing spent the past season as an a.ssistant coach on Stan Van Gundy's Orlando Magic staff and was perturbed that the Knicks did not ask him to interview for the head coaching job. Curry has expressed an interest in working with the former Knicks great, who has helped develop Yao Ming and Dwight Howard into all-star big men.

------------------------

Among names already floated as potential candidates to join the Knicks' front office are former Milwaukee Bucks GM Larry Harris, Toronto Raptors a.ssistant GM Maurizio Gherardini and Wizards vice president Tommy Sheppard.

Billy King, Billy Knight, Bernie Bickerstaff and a mystery man are the exclusive competition for the Knicks' GM job, it says here. My use of a mystery man allows me to claim "I told you so" should a fourth entrant surface as the winner. These are the kind of crafty machinations you pick up after years on the case. Donnie Walsh's disinclination to volunteer the name of the European coach he interviewed regarding the Knicks' job, notwithstanding, a source reveals it was Italian (but of course) Ettore Messina, whose CSKA Moscow team won the European Championship two weeks ago in Madrid.

---------------------------------

I really hope D'Antoni can snag Ewing as an a.ssistant coach... as the GM seach continues
 05-16-2008, 04:33 PM         #2600
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
i know that shyt had me cryin when i seen it....

-but yo, word on the means streets of RealGm...theres a possibility of a trade involving David Lee thats in discussion

KNICKS TRADE:
David Lee and Malik Rose (8 mil expiring)

GRIZZLIES TRADE:
Mike Miller and #28 pick (from the Lakers)

*wut do you guys think about this deal???....i wouldnt wanna see that mohawk in any jersey other than a knicks jersey...but i gotta say, this is a very realistic and plausable deal

i think mike miller is a great fit in the D'Antoni system...big, athletic sg(/sf) who handles the ball well, passes well and can rebound the ball...

i dunno...wutchya guys think?

NO way. that's adding contracts and giving away a young talent for nothing.
If the pick was higher like in the teens. I say make the deal. No way on a late first round for D-lee-ious...(sorry Drunk24 it's catchy)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
12 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
25 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
59 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Food Stamp Addicts Killing Dollar Stores
149 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors Coach Steve Kerr admits to smoking marijuana in the past year
133 comments
1 day ago