New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kylie Jenner Calls 21 Savage A B**ch
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #2521
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
 cpalmer1 said:
^^that avy is pretty homo, "D-Lee-cious"

yea it definitely is...LMAO

it aint as bad as that poster you have hangin on your bedroom wall...

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 05-09-2008 at 11:39 PM..
 05-10-2008, 08:42 AM         #2522
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BornLoser, you need to explain this, and why it's up in your room?

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #2523
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 cpalmer1 said:
BornLoser, you need to explain this, and why it's up in your room

[pic - click to view]

classic
 05-10-2008, 12:55 PM         #2524
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SI.com: D'Antoni accepts Knicks' offer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Jack McCallum, SI.com

Mike D'Antoni has accepted the New York Knicks' lucrative job offer, ending a week-long battle with the Chicago Bulls, who also pursued the Phoenix Suns' coach, a league source told SI.com.

The Knicks reportedly gave D'Antoni a four-year deal worth about $24 million. He had two years and close to $9 million remaining on his contract with the Suns, whom he led to two Western Conference finals and an average of 58 victories in four full seasons.

The hiring completes a whirlwind week for D'Antoni, whom many thought would land with the Bulls, believing their roster better matched his fast-break style. But D'Antoni had been saying quietly all along that New York was as attractive an option for him as Chicago.

The affable D'Antoni certainly was an attractive option to new Knicks president Donnie Walsh, who is looking to change not only the team's on-court style after four consecutive seasons of 33 victories or fewer but also the unpleasant off-court culture that alienated the media -- and almost anyone else who was around -- during the Isiah Thomas days.

Walsh entered the picture last Monday when he interviewed D'Antoni at his home in Scottsdale, Ariz. That talk was sandwiched between D'Antoni's two interviews with Chicago Bulls general manager John Paxson, who spoke with the 2004-05 Coach of the Year on Sunday night and again on Monday morning in Phoenix. On Friday afternoon, at his home in Scottsdale, D'Antoni also talked to Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, who has a home about 200 yards away from D'Antoni's. But in the end, Chicago couldn't match the New York offer. Walsh also interviewed Avery Johnson, early favorite Mark Jackson and Rick Carlisle, who has landed the Dallas Mavericks' opening.

D'Antoni's teams look to run, get jump shots off a high pick-and-roll offense and throw up three-pointers when there are openings ... and sometimes when there are not. D'Antoni, then, is not known as a coach who screams at his players for taking bad shots, but then again, he hasn't coached the Knicks' personnel. His big challenge would seem to be either reestablishing a connection with point guard Stephon Marbury, whom he coached briefly in Phoenix during the 2003-04 season, or turning shooting guard Jamal Crawford into more of a point guard. D'Antoni likes big men who run the floor, but it remains to be seen if power forward Zach Randolph would fit that mold, as center Eddy Curry certainly does not. In short, this is a roster that needs work, but that would be the case no matter who got the coaching job.

Where D'Antoni's departure leaves the Suns is a question mark. With the midseason acquisition of Shaquille O'Neal (an addition that D'Antoni advocated) and the possible slowing of 34-year-old point guard Steve Nash (at least that's the way it looked in the Suns' first-round, five-game loss to the San Antonio Spurs), the personnel doesn't suggest a certain style, as it did when D'Antoni and Nash first teamed up to bring fast-break basketball back to the NBA.

But the Phoenix job is still a plum one, with a nucleus of Nash, Shaq, Amaré Stoudemire, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Grant Hill and Leandro Barbosa. And with the approximately $9 million owed D'Antoni over the next two years now available, majority owner Robert Sarver and general manager Steve Kerr should be able to land a good coach.

Respected TNT analyst and former NBA coach Doug Collins, a confidant of Kerr's who lives in the Phoenix area, has been mentioned as a potential replacement for D'Antoni. A league source said a Suns player even contacted Collins (it's not known whether he did so on his own or on behalf of the team). But Collins told SI.com that he is not interested in returning to the hot seat. "I like my life the way it is," he said.

One possibility might be Jeff Van Gundy, who preaches a defensive-oriented, slow-down style but has also coached scoring big men like Patrick Ewing in New York and Yao Ming in Houston. With Stoudemire, the offense is already there, and Van Gundy would have to stress defense. But Van Gundy would take some persuading because he has said he doesn't want to coach next season.

Kerr, whose season-long rift with D'Antoni was probably the biggest single factor in the coach's exit, told SI.com that he does not want to coach, at least not now. (His son is a promising scholastic basketball player and Kerr would like to keep tabs on him.)

While it appears as if the situation unraveled quickly in Phoenix, the relationship between D'Antoni and Kerr took an early wrong turn and never got back on track. They had a blowup in November about Stoudemire's placement in the offense -- Kerr believed he should get more post-ups and planned touches -- and D'Antoni felt that on several occasions he was being undercut by Kerr, in subtle ways, in the media. "Oh, hell, maybe I'm paranoid," D'Antoni would say from time to time. But he didn't seem to believe that.

A divide also developed between D'Antoni and the Suns' personnel people, a.ssistant general manager Vinny Del Negro and senior vice president of basketball operations Dave Griffin, who were aligned with Kerr. Management believed that D'Antoni didn't have nearly enough confidence in his bench and that his refusal to open up his rotation hurt the team. The coach maintained that he wasn't given the proper players and therefore did not trust his bench. D'Antoni also believed that the front office did not have full confidence in his a.ssistant coaches, a group including veteran Alvin Gentry, newcomer Jay Humphries, Phil Weber (who specialized in individual workouts with players) and Dan D'Antoni, Mike's older brother.

Still, most of the turmoil remained hidden, partly because D'Antoni and Kerr are both pleasant men, adept at dealing with the media and even with each other, smoldering internal resentments notwithstanding. But in the cauldron of the playoffs against the Spurs, when some of management's dissatisfaction with D'Antoni's defensive schemes and strategy began to find their way into the papers and the blogosphere, the situation devolved.

A devastating double-overtime loss in Game 1, a standard loss in Game 2 and a galling blowout loss at home in Game 3 all but ended the Suns' season and exposed a team in disarray. It had become evident by then that the season had worn on D'Antoni and that the chances of the coach and Kerr repairing their relationship were infinitesimal. After the Suns were eliminated in Game 5, SI.com reported that D'Antoni would not return as coach because of what he considered to be a lack of support from upper management.

Find this article at:
 9 years ago '04        #2525
Artifacts 
space
space
$3,722 | Props total: 1 1
lol @ Lee.. but Robinson will flourish with D'Antoni system
 9 years ago '04        #2526
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
 cpalmer1 said:
BornLoser, you need to explain this, and why it's up in your room?

[pic - click to view]

my mom snuck into my room and posted that sh*t up with cement or something on my wall..can't take that sh*t out for some reason
 9 years ago '04        #2527
space
space
should be an interesting draft....Walsh wants to trade Curry, Randolph and Marbury and we got ourselves a top 5 draft pick hopefully
 05-10-2008, 04:56 PM         #2528
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
my mom snuck into my room and posted that sh*t up with cement or something on my wall..can't take that sh*t out for some reason
it's aint nothing my dude. here's an exclusive from Drunk24/7 myspace.

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #2529
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
not my first choice.....

but regardless....a GREAT hire for Ny

D'Pringles and Walsh together bring INSTANT credibility to our organization...

this team will still be rebuilding, and probably wont be to good next season....so why not continue to to pack out the garden, and bring some excitement back to this franchise???

Nate, Craw, Chandler, Balkman, and Lee fit PERFECTLY into D'Antoni's style of play....who dont thinks nate and jamal willhave a problem CHUCKIN up shots every 7 seconds...lol

i know P'ringles biggest knock is how the Suns never played any Defense....but look at his firstline of defense, Steve Nash (probably 1 of the worst defenders in the lg)...Marion and Amare played D....its all about the personel

this is more the reason that the knicks MUST DRAFT DERRICK ROSE...i dont care how (the fix....or just trading the farm to move up), but it has to be done...Rose would FLOURISH under D'ANtonioBanderas...

imagine 2 years rebuliding the knicks with a lineup of Rose/Craw/Chandler/Balk/Lee or Rose/Craw/Chandler/Lee/Curry....learning a new system under Mikey D...all while clearing cap to make that FA move that will put us over the top in 2010
\

we'll see though....

i guess this means no Patrick Ewing return as an a.ssistant...best of luck to JAX in findin a HC Position in the lg....

but we knick fans have got to believe
 9 years ago '06        #2530
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 cpalmer1 said:
it's aint nothing my dude. here's an exclusive from Drunk24/7 myspace.

[pic - click to view]

howd u get my myspace???? :banghead:

LMAO

BUSINESS is PICKIN UP in the OFFICIAL THREAD......KNICKS ARE BACK!!!!

[/hopes & prays/]
 05-10-2008, 06:04 PM         #2531
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
not my first choice.....

but regardless....a GREAT hire for Ny

D'Pringles and Walsh together bring INSTANT credibility to our organization...

this team will still be rebuilding, and probably wont be to good next season....so why not continue to to pack out the garden, and bring some excitement back to this franchise???

Nate, Craw, Chandler, Balkman, and Lee fit PERFECTLY into D'Antoni's style of play....who dont thinks nate and jamal willhave a problem CHUCKIN up shots every 7 seconds...lol

i know P'ringles biggest knock is how the Suns never played any Defense....but look at his firstline of defense, Steve Nash (probably 1 of the worst defenders in the lg)...Marion and Amare played D....its all about the personel

this is more the reason that the knicks MUST DRAFT DERRICK ROSE...i dont care how (the fix....or just trading the farm to move up), but it has to be done...Rose would FLOURISH under D'ANtonioBanderas...

imagine 2 years rebuliding the knicks with a lineup of Rose/Craw/Chandler/Balk/Lee or Rose/Craw/Chandler/Lee/Curry....learning a new system under Mikey D...all while clearing cap to make that FA move that will put us over the top in 2010
\

we'll see though....

i guess this means no Patrick Ewing return as an a.ssistant...best of luck to JAX in findin a HC Position in the lg....

but we knick fans have got to believe
True but I don't see these players coming back to NYC. And they shouldn't.
In Phenix they had good players. we dont. You can't compare Nate Robinson to Leonardo Barosa. Or Amari with David Lee.

Remember Nate was drafted by the Suns and was traded to the Knicks, so D'antoni knew what he was doing when they didnt draft Nate. And traded Stephan the year before. Expect this line up to be destroyed.

Isiah had a run and gun type offense last year. They are just dumbies.

But if we can land D-rose this is the only way I see it halfway working out.

Last edited by cpalmer1; 05-10-2008 at 06:06 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #2532
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
 cpalmer1 said:
In Phenix they had good players. we dont. You can't compare Nate Robinson to Leonardo Barosa. Or Amari with David Lee.

Remember Nate was drafted by the Suns and was traded to the Knicks, so D'antoni knew what he was doing when they didnt draft Nate. And traded Stephan the year before. Expect this line up to be destroyed.

Of course.

I'm Pretty Sure One of the bullets that was down when we brought up reasons to steal D'antoni was...

-If we get rose that'l fit perfectly with D'antoni's system.
 9 years ago '06        #2533
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 cpalmer1 said:

no one in their right mind is going to compare a team that won 50+ games in the WESTERN confrence to wut the knicks have.....

and to say isiah had a "run n gun" type offense last year is givin the man too much credit....isiah and the knicks had no clue on offense OR defense last year....at least the year b4 they had a gameplan by just dumpin the ball inside to curry....all they ran was ISO plays

all im sayin is D'Antoni, the more i look at it, is a GREAT fit for wut we are trying to accomplish

its going to boost our players value around the league if and when they start to play better....D'A knows how to properly utilize his weapons, it just gives us more options around the league....

im actually excited for next season already, because this move almost guaruntees marbs and curry/randolph are gonners...we gunna see more BALKMAN this season (id love for him to become a Shawn Marion-Lite) and a FULL SEASON STARTER in David "fu*king" Lee

this is reminding me of the team after LB was fired, and they came out playing with heart....no D.....but they always battled...

imagine that this time after we fired our head coach, we DID IT RIGHT!!!....

now lets focus on the draft!!!!!1

*btw any1 wanna go....cuz im definitely going this year*
 9 years ago '06        #2534
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,383 | Props total: 65 65
sign baron davis he's rumored to opt out

and drunk i might go, depending on what our pick is
 9 years ago '06        #2535
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
well let me know.....cuz i think i gotta camp out or some shyt in order to get the tickets
 05-10-2008, 11:00 PM         #2536
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
no one in their right mind is going to compare a team that won 50+ games in the WESTERN confrence to wut the knicks have.....

and to say isiah had a "run n gun" type offense last year is givin the man too much credit....isiah and the knicks had no clue on offense OR defense last year....at least the year b4 they had a gameplan by just dumpin the ball inside to curry....all they ran was ISO plays

all im sayin is D'Antoni, the more i look at it, is a GREAT fit for wut we are trying to accomplish

its going to boost our players value around the league if and when they start to play better....D'A knows how to properly utilize his weapons, it just gives us more options around the league....

im actually excited for next season already, because this move almost guaruntees marbs and curry/randolph are gonners...we gunna see more BALKMAN this season (id love for him to become a Shawn Marion-Lite) and a FULL SEASON STARTER in David "fu*king" Lee

this is reminding me of the team after LB was fired, and they came out playing with heart....no D.....but they always battled...

imagine that this time after we fired our head coach, we DID IT RIGHT!!!....

now lets focus on the draft!!!!!1

*btw any1 wanna go....cuz im definitely going this year*
if you think Curry,Marbury, Zach will not be including in any potential trade packages without Balkman, Lee, or Nate you don't know sports. No one will take garbage to make the Knicks fan's happy. Reality check homie.

You must include Balkman, lee, or nate in deals because everyone is asking for them and the only way to get rid of Marbs, Curry or Zach is to include them in a deal. That's how we got rid of Francis.

When you want a trade, make sure you know if the other team would take the players you dont want. And know way they dont want the players they are giving you.

There's no light at the end of this tunnel, yet. Dolan, I've read that he's ready to spend money to get it right. they may just buyout everybody. or trade for talent for first round picks. I trade anyone.

I don't have any loyality to any player on this team. Never should Knick Fans. They all suck. Last time I check David Lee/Balkman aint won a championship.

They shouldn't be safe to walk the streets of New York either.

I believe they will get Dantoni type of players in NYC. I don't believe Walsh would make a move like this unless he knew what is in store for the franchise.
He wanted Mark Jackson, the city wanted Mark. But Donnie listen to me becuase he's on BX on the regular.
 9 years ago '04        #2537
space
space
got 2 serious questions for EVERYBODY in here

who ya think will be rocking a Knick uniform this upcoming season? (who won't be traded, bought out/released)

and

will the person we draft (or persons depending if we do make trades during the draft where we end up with another pick or more) be in a Knick jersey or be part of some deal too?
 9 years ago '04        #2538
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
$2,050 | Props total: 0 0
baron davis to ny...camby back to ny....bye to eddy or zach... bye to jj...bye to starbury...oh maybe iverson to ny??
 9 years ago '06        #2539
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,383 | Props total: 65 65
fu*k no keep iverson the fu*k out of ny
 05-11-2008, 10:16 AM         #2540
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
got 2 serious questions for EVERYBODY in here

who ya think will be rocking a Knick uniform this upcoming season? (who won't be traded, bought out/released)

and

will the person we draft (or persons depending if we do make trades during the draft where we end up with another pick or more) be in a Knick jersey or be part of some deal too?
your guess is as good as mine.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
12 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
25 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Food Stamp Addicts Killing Dollar Stores
149 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Young M.A -"EAT" video 🔥🔥
98 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
59 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy