most viewed right now
NBA Klay Thompson doesn't believe in recreational marijuana
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #2321
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
i love augustines game too.....

this draft is loaded wit nice Pg's (Rose, Bayless, Augustine, Collison, Lawson, i guess u could count Mayo as a combo guard).....

hopefully theres a way to get another pick in the lottery so we can grab a Pg/Bigman combo
 9 years ago '06        #2322
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
the end of isiah nears..........WHOOOO hooOOOOOOO!!!

Source: Walsh will leave Indy after season to work for NYK
ESPN.com news services

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers chief executive Donnie Walsh will leave the team after this season and a source told ESPN late Monday that he will land with the New York Knicks.

Walsh is expected to sign a three-year, $15 million contract with New York at the end of this season to oversee their basketball operations division. The source did not know what would become of current Knicks president of basketball operations and head coach Isiah Thomas once Walsh joined the Knicks.

Walsh only said Monday he will finish the season with Indiana and will not comment on his plans. Pacers team president Larry Bird will take over many of Walsh's duties.

The final year of Donnie Walsh's 24 with the Pacers has been rife with off-court turmoil.

"I'm completing what was my dream job," the 67-year-old Walsh said at a news conference on Monday afternoon. "I have loved every single moment of this job, including the last few years when things have been more difficult."

It was reported last week that Walsh had discussions with the Knicks about possibly replacing Thomas as team president.

"As far as what I'm going to do, I'm not sure," Walsh said. "As a result, I'm not going to comment on it until I have a better idea."

Late Monday, Knicks spokesman Jonathan Supranowitz told The a.ssociated Press that the team would not comment on a deal between the Knicks and Walsh.

Walsh's agent, Steve Kaufman, said he would not comment on his client's employment status until after the NBA season.

In New York, Thomas wouldn't comment on speculation that Walsh could replace him, but he praised his former boss with the Pacers.

"He's had a great career, he's one of the best who's ever done it," Thomas said before the Knicks lost to New Jersey to fall to 19-51 on the season. "I wish him great success and he's someone that I respect tremendously. He gave me my first coaching job and I truly do like him as a person and he's done a lot for the game."

Walsh said Monday at team headquarters the time is right to go and he has enjoyed his 24 years with the club. That includes the past few years, when the team has dealt with a series of legal problems involving players.

Walsh said the announcement should not come as a surprise, since he has said previously this would be his last season.

Walsh, who joined the Pacers as an a.ssistant coach in 1984, became general manager in 1986 and president two years later. He hired Bird as coach in 1997, and after Bird moved into the front office three years later, Walsh groomed him as his eventual successor.

As president of basketball operations, Bird has shared many of the day-to-day operations with Walsh in recent years, a division of authority that has often led to confusion in dealing with other teams, Walsh said.

"My real reason is, I think I've been here too long," he said. "It's not healthy for the franchise.

"I started thinking that the last two or three years. But you also want to see things get better," he said.

Earlier this month, Pacers co-owner Herb Simon made it clear that there would be some sort of upheaval within the organization by season's end, saying "everything but the owner" would be addressed.

The Pacers reached the Eastern Conference finals six times and won the Central Division four times under Walsh. They made the NBA Finals in 2000, when they lost to the Los Angeles Lakers, and had the league's best record in 2004 before the franchise began unraveling.

"It was a joy to spend time in Indiana under his leadership. Great man and a great basketball mind," said Mark Jackson, who played on the Pacers' finals team. "Sad to see, being a member of the Pacers and knowing what he means to that organization and that community, but at the same time I wish him nothing but the very best because like I said, he's a great man and a great basketball mind. He's the best in the business."

Starting with the brawl involving Indiana players and Detroit Pistons fans, the past three seasons have been littered with losing records, personnel changes and off-court issues that have damaged the team's once-shiny reputation.

Former Pacer Stephen Jackson pleaded guilty to criminal recklessness for firing gunshots in the air during a 2006 f!ght at a strip club; this year, Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley and several companions were targeted in a shooting that wounded the team's equipment manager outside a downtown hotel. And Tinsley and Marquis Daniels recently cut a deal with prosecutors to avoid trial on charges in a separate f!ght at a nightclub.

Recently, a murder suspect was arrested after he had been at the home of Pacers forward Shawne Williams and a r*pe was reported at another player's home. Neither player was charged.

This season, Indiana has the NBA's worst attendance, and despite a current four-game winning streak, the Pacers (29-41) are still a game and a half behind Atlanta for the eighth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot.

"Everyone was getting confused," Simon said of the reason for announcing Walsh's decision now, rather than the end of the season. "There were lots of rumors. Once I was convinced Donnie was really leaving, I thought it was best to let everyone else know."

Walsh mentioned the possibility of retirement several times last season, when the Pacers went 35-47 and missed the playoffs for the first time in a decade.

"I really don't think this should come as a surprise," he said. "I said this would be my last year, and now I'm completing what has been my dream job."

And now it's Bird's.

"Now it's one voice; it's mine," Bird said. "Pressure is pressure. I've dealt with it in the past, and I'm looking forward to it."

Information from Andrew Marchand of 1050 ESPN Radio in New York and The a.ssociated Press was used in this report.

not a fan of the replacement being Donnie Walsh, but.....anyone is better than isiah

:applause::applause::applause:
 9 years ago '06        #2323
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
not a fan of Donnie Walsh, but......fukk it....anyone is better than isiah

sad thing is....he has a great relationship with isiah...and supposedly, one of James Dolans pre-req's of the job was keepin isiah on as head coach....so who knows if isiah is truley going to be gone....

i dont care what any of ya'll say.....look at the pacers now, walsh been fukkin em up for years...if youve noticed, its LARRY BIRD whos been fukkin this team over

hes been the one groomed to be Walshes replacement and has gained more control over the past few seasons...

Walsh brings INSTANT credibility back to the franchise...theyll always be remembered as the JOKE OF A FRANCHISE that isiah turned us into, but given time Walsh will hopefully bring us back to respectibility

now as to the next head coach (if isiah is fired)....i love the idea of bringin in a fan favorite who has ties to both NY and Donnie Walsh with the pacers...MARC JACKSON

but i dont think i wanna hand over the job to someone with NO EXPERIENCE

id love to see Carlisle....or dare i say (bulls fans) Scott Skiles to bring that DEFENSIVE intensity back to the garden......we need a coach who will rip these players in line, and bring some accountability to their game quite unlike isiahs player friendly mentality

all in all....im fukkin extatic that change was made...its the beginning of the end...and thats the best news ive heard all day
 9 years ago '08        #2324
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,838 | Props total: 5548 5548
I like donnie walsh,he's had alot of success with the pacers(not since the malace at the palace tho) and i think isiah might get fired
 9 years ago '06        #2325
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 dj ac said:
I like donnie walsh,he's had alot of success with the pacers(not since the malace at the palace tho) and i think isiah might get fired
welcome to the site brah
 03-25-2008, 01:43 PM         #2326
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Walsh I am not impressed, I live in Indiana. Indiana is a basketball state and they games aint never sold out, only thing he did GOOD LATELY IS MAKE THE WARRIARS A PLAY OFF TEAM.

IN THE WEST
 03-25-2008, 05:32 PM         #2327
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think Walsh is heading for retirement in the Hamptons and not being President of the Knicks.
What can he do in three years? If Isiah stays as either a Coach, ball boy, usher, or a towel boy, I believe Dolan has another yes man.

I'm serious I will become a Hawks, Nets, fan if Isiah isnt fired. He's been in the middle of every cancer that's happen bad to the Knicks!!

He has to go. I believe it will only that an act of biblical proportions to fix the Knicks.
 03-25-2008, 05:43 PM         #2328
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:

but i dont think i wanna hand over the job to someone with NO EXPERIENCE

id love to see Carlisle....or dare i say (bulls fans) Scott Skiles to bring that DEFENSIVE intensity back to the garden......we need a coach who will rip these players in line, and bring some accountability to their game quite unlike isiahs player friendly mentality

all in all....im fukkin extatic that change was made...its the beginning of the end...and thats the best news ive heard all day
Man I agree, but when Larry Brown ripped them up they quit on the franchise. Players now a days are not held responsible or accountable. the Bulls players quit on Skiles and he was fired. They except losing.

They need wipe the slate clean with these losers. I don't want Derrick Rose, OJ MAyo, or Micheal Beasley coming in to this situation with all the pressure of NYC on them to be a savior with a bunch of Judas's.

If we get Rose, then no use for Nate Robinson/Marbury
If we get Beasley no use for Zach Randoulph, and Eddy Curry
If we get Mayo no use for Crawford.

Our furture is only in David Lee and Balkman...(period)
I want casualities this off season.
 03-25-2008, 07:04 PM         #2329
nyknicks19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^unfortunately...that doesnt quite make sense...how can one rookie eradicate the need for 2 other players?
 03-25-2008, 09:14 PM         #2330
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nyknicks19 said:
^^^unfortunately...that doesnt quite make sense...how can one rookie eradicate the need for 2 other players?
Because Lottery Picks are always starter on bad teams. And there's no reason why if these players are drafted to the Knicks that they shouldnt start over any of the current starters.

Secoundly we've seen the Knicks when they had too much of one thing before.

ie. we know that if the Knicks get the 1 draft pick we can't pick D Rose over Michael Beasley. But we cant have Curry, Z-bo, if they pick Beasley.
We know already they need to pack thier bags.

Michael Beasley>>>>>>Curry/Z-bo
Derrick Rose>>>>>>>>>Marbury/Robinson
Oj Mayo>>Crawford

That's how you the KNICKS should eradicate them.

And I dont want Marbury 100 miles close to Derrick Rose.
 03-26-2008, 07:20 AM         #2331
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1st of all Mayo is over-rated lets take him out the equation, I'd rather have Eric Gorden then him. Marbury is out the door. If we take Rose, nate can be the backup. That works. I fu*kin can't stand watching Zach Randolph on the floor please ship this n*gga away soon. We get Beasley start him, it all works in the end.
 9 years ago '08        #2332
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,838 | Props total: 5548 5548
Mayo>>>>gordon
 9 years ago '06        #2333
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 dj ac said:
Mayo>>>>gordon

tru story

Gordon is a chucker...an undersized SG (so is mayo, but at least he has the skills to be a floor general as he possesses tru handle and court vision)

im not a fan of gordon.....but dont be suprised if we end up with him if we pick at #5....especially if isiah is with this team in some capacity along with the Indiana ties of donnie walsh
 03-26-2008, 03:03 PM         #2334
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And I mean the Eric Gordon before Sampson got fired not the trash n*gga that portrayed Eric Gordon after Sampson was fired.

But Mayo don't impress me.
 03-26-2008, 05:14 PM         #2335
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
tru story

Gordon is a chucker...an undersized SG (so is mayo, but at least he has the skills to be a floor general as he possesses tru handle and court vision)

im not a fan of gordon.....but dont be suprised if we end up with him if we pick at #5....especially if isiah is with this team in some capacity along with the Indiana ties of donnie walsh
U r jinxing it. think positive we are geting the number 1 or 2 pick..

7thWonder 1st of all Mayo is over-rated lets take him out the equation, I'd rather have Eric Gorden then him. Marbury is out the door. If we take Rose, nate can be the backup. That works.
Nate and David lee have to sign a contract extension this summer or be free agents to get more money. I would doubt that the Knicks should extend the contract of Nate for the next 5 years. He's apart of the cancer. He's shown what he is..A shot first point guard and a terrible defender for his size. and a show-boat.

When Knicks Look at Future, the Future May Look Away

By HOWARD BECK
Published: March 5, 2008
There were boos Monday night at Madison Square Garden, though not for the usual reasons. The Knicks were losing, of course, but the jeers were stoked by a more subtle act: the removal of Nate Robinson from the game in the final minutes.

In the empty final weeks of another dismal season, fans are groping for shards of optimism. So they cheer every jitterbug step by Robinson and every gritty rebound by David Lee — two Knicks who most represent the faint promise of better days.

Imagine, then, the howls of anguish if Lee and Robinson decide to escape the misery, the chaos and the Garden politics by leaving as free agents. If circumstances are bad enough, it could happen in the next two years.

As third-year players, Lee and Robinson are eligible to sign lucrative contract extensions this summer. When that time comes, they will have to weigh the benefits of financial security against the drawbacks of playing for the league’s most dysfunctional franchise.

In three years with the Knicks, Robinson and Lee have endured the Larry Brown-Stephon Marbury feud, the Brown-Isiah Thomas feud and the Thomas-Marbury feud. They have played for two coaches, and could see a third by next fall. They have lost twice as many games as they have won

Last edited by cpalmer1; 03-26-2008 at 05:16 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #2336
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
how sad are we that we lose a 7 point lead with 2 min remaining to a team that is CLEARLY TANKIN (the right way) and go into overtime???

only to stray of track by takin the ball to the rack...spinnin and winnin...when we should clearly be TANKING and David Stern THANKING???

if it werent for clyde, i honestly wouldnt be able to watch the knicks anymore
 9 years ago '06        #2337
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
As it took our genius of a coach about an entire season to figure out that he has to play the young guys, they are finally getting minutes in a situation that can't be described as the best atmosphere for learning the game or learning how to play in the NBA. While the numbers aren't telling the entire story here, I still thought it would be interesting to see what our young guys are doing with their increased minutes. Too bad they couldn't get more meaningful minutes earlier in the season... well, maybe next year under a new coach. Here are the stats of David Lee (24 years old), Wilson Chandler (20), Renaldo Balkman (23), Mardy Collins (23) and Randolph Morris (22) over the last five games in which they got increased minutes.

David Lee
13.0 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 1.4 apg, 53.1%FG, 30.4 mpg

Wilson Chandler
13.4 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.0 apg, 50.9%FG, 28.6 mpg

Renaldo Balkman
6.2 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.8 apg, 41.9%FG, 23.2 mpg

Mardy Collins
7.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.0 apg, 37.2%FG, 26.4 mpg

Randolph Morris
4.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.2 apg, 28.7%FG, 17.0 mpg

I want to make a few notes to maybe put these numbers in perspective. While certainly of these players have looked outstanding (Lee, Chandler) I would also give Collins and Balkman credit for their effort. We have to realize that these guys are basically asked now to play a game without any kind of practice (as we heard about the intensity of the Knicks training), without any veteran leaders, without any kind of working system and with two guys who love to chuck the ball up at the basket (Randolph, Crawford).
All these factors make it a lot harder for young players to shine or for that matter work on their games. I hope that the kids atleast get some confidence out of the minutes they are getting right now. Lee and Chandler to me are making bids at being a starter as early as next season. You want to omplain about them, so what?! Lee gives you a double double and is a hard worker. His shaky defense isn't worse than what we got from Crawford, Randolph or Curry for the last couple of years. Atleast Lee will play smart, work hard in practice and hustle all over the court. Chandler has everything you look for in a SF and at only 20 years old, he's making a true impression. You develop such talents and don't let them rot on the bench behind guys like Quentin Richardson or Jared Jeffries.
 03-27-2008, 01:10 PM         #2338
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Collins gotta stop turning the ball over, I think that dude makes the dumbest turnovers ever in life.
 03-29-2008, 03:24 AM         #2339
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:wtf: Possessed Jarred Jefferies Last night
 03-29-2008, 12:25 PM         #2340
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7thWonder said:
:wtf: Possessed Jarred Jefferies Last night
Makes me wonder if we can get the right coach to bring out the best in these players.

Look at Cleveland, outside of Lebron, the Knicks have better players then they do.

I hope Jefferies can continue his proformance the rest of the season and can strengthen his trade value.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
152 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
355 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Amy Schumer Playing ‘Barbie’
71 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay
50 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
177 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy