squad up!

New York Knicks

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #2576
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
For those who havent seen the D'Antoni press conference....u can download it....

2 links : Rapidshare and Sendspace

Running Time is 32 minutes....

covers the entire Press Conference, including side interviews with Walsh, QRich and of course Stephon METHbury

10 years ago '06        #2577
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 Born_Loser said
WTF @ STAR IS BORN

n*gga acting lil funny in that interview

"For the first time in my career im climbing mountains"

"Nah, literally climbing mountains.....im hiking the mountains of Los Angeles"

----"THERE ARE MOUNTAINS IN LOS ANGELES???-----

METHbury still wilin out

*anyone catch the Kellerman interview wit marbs???....now that was funny*

10 years ago '06        #2578
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
a post from a Suns fan on the RealGm boards....

discusses the "Seven Second Or Less" Theory

Small Handbook: SSOL

SSOL - Defined as Seven Seconds or less.

This is theory behind Mike Ds SSOL System

Transition:
The theory is based that a defense is at its weakest point during the first seven seconds of transition from offense to defense.

Defense
People that dont understand the system think the Suns dont play defense. they actually do on the players they dont want to shoot.

The Theory is also banks on the fact your team allows the opposition to have wide open shots in some areas. This is done by scouting! Some players k!ll their own team because they cant pass up a chance to score.
Zach Randolph use to k!ll his own team in Portland yet put up big numbers.

Made baskets no excuse to slow down!
The transition idea is from scouting to determine whom is not hustling back after a miss or even a made shot.
Your gonna be surprised at how many times there will be a 3 on 1 fast break after a made shot!
Lull the opposition into a pick up style game. hence abandoning their own offense. This plays right into the scheme.

Second: Whom on the opposing team doesnt understand how to get through a HIGH pick and roll set. This can be exploited up to 20 times in one game, in different combinations.

Third: Ball movement, speed, keep the ball rotating until someone doesnt rotate on defense quick enough. (there is a little of Duke basketball theory I believe in its spot up system. )

Players Roles within the System

Point Guard - The point guard is single handedly the most important player on the court. This player must fit this mold.

- High IQ on Court
- Great Court Vision
- Creative in the lane
- Great 3 pt fg pct shooter, 80pct + free throw line helps
- Has to have loads of energy, has to be the hardest working player on the court.

Shooting Guard - This player ideally will be 6-7 with a deadly shot. This player was utilized for only one season of the Dantoni era. His name was Joe Johnson. Raja Bell and Barbosa were neither the style or true fit which encompasses this player.

- Height is important simply because he must be strong enough to take players off the dribble.
- Slasher
- 3pt spot shooter
- He is the second most important defensive player

Small Forward - Athletic, board crashing, F-14 filling the outside lanes of the running game. Must be able to finish with explosiveness.

- #1 defender
- Speed at this position can make opposing SF pay. Notoriously the NBA is filled with SF that dont hustle. This player makes a living at garbage points.

Small Forward / Power Forward - Yes under the true system you have another player that sets screens, finishes breaks and crashes the boards. This player will normally hit alot of baseline shots. Or be the recipent of many dunks from alley hoops.

Power forward / small center - This was Amare position and you will grow to love or hate this player in a hurry. Boris Diaw won most improved player by filling in for Amare (knee surgeries).

- Pick and roll
- Must finish with authority
- Good FT shooter must be at least 75% will go to the line about 10x a game
- Long arms or incredible finisher
- If not a great finisher, he must be a great passer. Combination might be better yet.

Downfalls / and Comments:

1. Not traditional and many many people dont buy into it. 28 other teams will do it the standard way hope they can get a good center, decent pg and role players.

2. Bench - Mike D even by his own admission someday will admit he didnt use the bench players for the roles they couldve played. He rarely goes past his 8th man. Hence invest heavy in bonafide starters gap fill with low-budget role players on the bench.

3. Poor shooting and turnovers - Like any team this is bad but for SSOL this can be the achilles heel. The Suns were built around this, and this at any time could be a game changer, because its so fast paced you could be up by 10 one moment and down by 10 the next. Crazy but youll win this 10 - 10 f!ght more often than not. Your never out of a game.

5. Free agents will beg to play in this system they will take less money to come to NY.

6. Same system John Calipari runs for the Memphis Tigers as a matter of fact he sends his a.ssistants to Phoenix to learn from Mike. Mike openly has taught this to the Tiger coach. Now many of those a.ssistants are landing jobs at other major Universities. (**Derrick Rose is the PERFECT fit for this team**)

7. FUN FUN FUN to watch... This is like the AND 1 TV show without all the tricks. Crowds love to watch it. (See Jamal Crawford)

8. Most important of all - The Suns I believe were 75-8 at one stretch vs the Eastern Conference with SSOL.

Conclusion:

SSOL can win a championship believe it or not, but just like any year the best team that month will win. Suns due to lack of bench werent always the best team come May/June.

This is the only style of game where you can be outrebounded literally every nite and still win. However you cannot have more turnovers, be outhustled, or shoot a lower FG pct.

10 years ago '04        #2579
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3980 3980
next wednesday needs to hurry the fu*k up already...wanna see where this team stands in the draft already

10 years ago '06        #2580
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,414 | Props total: 102 102
mountainbury!!!!!

10 years ago '04        #2581
space
space
shocked...i aint hear any thoughts about the thought of Diaw and Barbosa to NY

and as for the coaching staff looks like Mike might be getting his brother as one a.ssistant and Ewing might be brought up as another

and there might be a possibilty the knicks might end up with Calderon...he wants the starting job but that's TJ's job to lose so who knows..

10 years ago '07        #2582
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,235 | Props total: 2994 2994
^^ yo jose calderon would be nice to have a the PG, or diaw and barbosa...

i just simulated the draft lottery on ESPN.com, and the knicks keep comin up around 5-6... of course i kept simulating until we came at #1, taking D Rose...

the future has the potential to be bright for the knicks if walsh keeps a steady head... only if he could draw j. o'neal from the pacers too...

05-15-2008, 06:50 AM         #2583
dakiddsp456 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they dont need barbosa or diaw they need to keep marbury this year because his contract expires

10 years ago '06        #2584
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 TheKidHypno' said
mountainbury!!!!!

10 years ago '04        #2585
space
space
Walsh got Zeke in Europe right now scouting to foreign players, Danilo Gallinari and Nicolas Batum

can take it with a grand of salt but we're either gonna move down in the draft for more picks (if we don't get a top 3 most likely) or Walsh is hustlin right now and getting some more draft picks via trades.....every 1st round mock draft i seen, never seen these two names pop up

either getting Jarryd Bayless or we gonna move down in the draft

10 years ago '06        #2586
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,414 | Props total: 102 102
 I Am The Truth said
^^ yo jose calderon would be nice to have a the PG, or diaw and barbosa...

i just simulated the draft lottery on ESPN.com, and the knicks keep comin up around 5-6... of course i kept simulating until we came at #1, taking D Rose...

the future has the potential to be bright for the knicks if walsh keeps a steady head... only if he could draw j. o'neal from the pacers too...
fu*k jermaine oneil and his bum a.ss knee/contract

10 years ago '07        #2587
space
space
 Born_Loser said
Walsh got Zeke in Europe right now scouting to foreign players, Danilo Gallinari and Nicolas Batum

can take it with a grand of salt but we're either gonna move down in the draft for more picks (if we don't get a top 3 most likely) or Walsh is hustlin right now and getting some more draft picks via trades.....every 1st round mock draft i seen, never seen these two names pop up

either getting Jarryd Bayless or we gonna move down in the draft
ditto bayless is good fit... im not ruling them out but i'm not necessarily eager to see any europeans on the knicks after they drafted freddy weis (who never played a game)

10 years ago '07        #2588
space
space
 TheKidHypno' said
fu*k jermaine oneil and his bum a.ss knee/contract
sh*t, forgot all about his contract... but i think his knee could hold up tho

05-15-2008, 05:36 PM         #2589
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said

died!!!!

10 years ago '06        #2590
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 cpalmer1 said
died!!!!
i know that shyt had me cryin when i seen it....

-but yo, word on the means streets of RealGm...theres a possibility of a trade involving David Lee thats in discussion

KNICKS TRADE:
David Lee and Malik Rose (8 mil expiring)

GRIZZLIES TRADE:
Mike Miller and #28 pick (from the Lakers)

*wut do you guys think about this deal???....i wouldnt wanna see that mohawk in any jersey other than a knicks jersey...but i gotta say, this is a very realistic and plausable deal

i think mike miller is a great fit in the D'Antoni system...big, athletic sg(/sf) who handles the ball well, passes well and can rebound the ball...

i dunno...wutchya guys think?

10 years ago '04        #2591
space
space
David Lee plus an expiring contract....could get a lot more than that (not dissing Mike Miller but let's be real)

did hear that Lee might be getting traded (as some start of package deal)...if Knicks can get rid of Randolph or even want to, don't see why moving Lee would make sense (unless he saying he aint resigning after the season)

10 years ago '04        #2592
g_hilde 
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 0 0
i don't like the mike miller trade at all.

but ryan anderson or ty lawson (assuming no rose) at 28 would be pretty good pickups

a more intriguing trade imo is wally world (2 yrs, 12.3 mill) and #19 for zach and balkman

10 years ago '04        #2593
space
space
Maybe this will be the year that Patrick Ewing finally returns to New York. Mike D'Antoni said Thursday that he would consider hiring the Knicks' Hall of Fame center as one of his a.ssistant coaches. "I know what he did in New York and I know that he's done a good job since he left," D'Antoni said. "He will definitely be considered." -- NY Daily News

Billy King, Billy Knight, Bernie Bickerstaff and a mystery man are the exclusive competition for the Knicks' GM job, it says here. -- NY Post

10 years ago '07        #2594
space
space
 g_hilde said
i don't like the mike miller trade at all.

but ryan anderson or ty lawson (assuming no rose) at 28 would be pretty good pickups

a more intriguing trade imo is wally world (2 yrs, 12.3 mill) and #19 for zach and balkman
nah... like the mike miller deal better and he's a good fit in Mike D's system... but like Born Loser said, i think we could shop around a bit then come back to that option, don't squeeze the trigger just yet

10 years ago '07        #2595
space
space
More Knicks news, via InsideHoops.com

Ewing spent the past season as an a.ssistant coach on Stan Van Gundy's Orlando Magic staff and was perturbed that the Knicks did not ask him to interview for the head coaching job. Curry has expressed an interest in working with the former Knicks great, who has helped develop Yao Ming and Dwight Howard into all-star big men.

------------------------

Among names already floated as potential candidates to join the Knicks' front office are former Milwaukee Bucks GM Larry Harris, Toronto Raptors a.ssistant GM Maurizio Gherardini and Wizards vice president Tommy Sheppard.

Billy King, Billy Knight, Bernie Bickerstaff and a mystery man are the exclusive competition for the Knicks' GM job, it says here. My use of a mystery man allows me to claim "I told you so" should a fourth entrant surface as the winner. These are the kind of crafty machinations you pick up after years on the case. Donnie Walsh's disinclination to volunteer the name of the European coach he interviewed regarding the Knicks' job, notwithstanding, a source reveals it was Italian (but of course) Ettore Messina, whose CSKA Moscow team won the European Championship two weeks ago in Madrid.

---------------------------------

I really hope D'Antoni can snag Ewing as an a.ssistant coach... as the GM seach continues

05-16-2008, 03:33 PM         #2596
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said
i know that shyt had me cryin when i seen it....

-but yo, word on the means streets of RealGm...theres a possibility of a trade involving David Lee thats in discussion

KNICKS TRADE:
David Lee and Malik Rose (8 mil expiring)

GRIZZLIES TRADE:
Mike Miller and #28 pick (from the Lakers)

*wut do you guys think about this deal???....i wouldnt wanna see that mohawk in any jersey other than a knicks jersey...but i gotta say, this is a very realistic and plausable deal

i think mike miller is a great fit in the D'Antoni system...big, athletic sg(/sf) who handles the ball well, passes well and can rebound the ball...

i dunno...wutchya guys think?

NO way. that's adding contracts and giving away a young talent for nothing.
If the pick was higher like in the teens. I say make the deal. No way on a late first round for D-lee-ious...(sorry Drunk24 it's catchy)

10 years ago '04        #2597
g_hilde 
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 0 0
 I Am The Truth said
nah... like the mike miller deal better and he's a good fit in Mike D's system... but like Born Loser said, i think we could shop around a bit then come back to that option, don't squeeze the trigger just yet
wally is nowhere near the player miller is but his contract is up after next season and we get a higher draft pick

i read on espn earlier this week that philly will 11 mill in cap space this summer and the gm is hoping a pf will fall into their laps.

enter randolph.

10 years ago '06        #2598
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 cpalmer1 said
No way on a late first round for D-lee-ious...(sorry Drunk24 it's catchy)
told ya so....LMAO

but seriously...

i know we adding salary, but it dont screw up the plan of getting under by 2010...millers contract would be off the books by that season...

im still not sure if i would pull the trigger on that type of deal...it is intriguing, but lets see how Lee can run in Dan Toni's system

10 years ago '07        #2599
space
space
 g_hilde said
wally is nowhere near the player miller is but his contract is up after next season and we get a higher draft pick

i read on espn earlier this week that philly will 11 mill in cap space this summer and the gm is hoping a pf will fall into their laps.

enter randolph.
hmmm...interesting... but i'd rather give up Eddy Curry Chicken... let's see if walsh can dangle some bait philly's way...

btw maybe we can work out a 3 team deal and aim for mike miller and a higher pick... just a thought

05-17-2008, 06:40 AM         #2600
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said
told ya so....LMAO

but seriously...

i know we adding salary, but it dont screw up the plan of getting under by 2010...millers contract would be off the books by that season...

im still not sure if i would pull the trigger on that type of deal...it is intriguing, but lets see how Lee can run in Dan Toni's system
The only hope for Dantoni's and the teams success is at the point guard position. The Knicks are the high in Turnovers(14.5). and that was in Isiahs offense.

I can see D-Lee being a monster in this offense in the fast break. because not a lot of PF can run with him. But I believe we need a PG to bring it all together.

They need to shop Nate instead of David Lee.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LA Legend Nipsey Hussle ALMOST JUMP INTO THE LAKERS MALEE BRAWL FIGHT ..
52 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mental Illness is real...fathers raise your daughter's...etc 🤢
36 comments
3 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA 2 Game In & LeBron Already ALIENATED HIS LA Teammates After BRAWL, He Cudd..
55 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Rondo did spit in Chris Paul's face, he wipes his face before going at Ron..
105 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Lawd! Dave Chapelle describes Kanye's 'Manic Episode' at the White House
59 comments
12 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Carmelo confirms Rondo spit on CP3
23 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Tall thick and fit....maaan look @ dem thighs
14 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Chuck and Shaq warned Rondo about how dangerous Chris Paul is
11 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Rondo’s family member confronts Chris Paul’s wife
32 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is Lil Tay Being Abused?
34 comments
6 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
26 comments
13 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
21 comments
11 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NBA Future Superstar Luka Donicic With A Sick 26 Points
3 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
323 comments
13 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Billy and 6ix9ine officially beefing
37 comments
10 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kim K West Goes Topless On New Magazine Cover
26 comments
6 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bing wrong for this
11 comments
6 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA It NOT OVER: Rondo Family BEAT UP CHRIS PAUL WIFE After ALTERCATION LEAVIN..
3 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Frank Ntilikina trash bro :lbjhuh:
29 comments
8 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Oct 20 - Soros calls out Trump
31 comments
9 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
2Cold
Flex Luger
BLACK FIST
SubConscious
BigBallerLavar
Stuart Scott
Good Guy Ry
!!!
strungout
Skateboard T
Top 10 most slapped recently
BigBallerLavar
NinetyThree94
Flex Luger
two-face
1000bluntz
Tempus1
TommyD
blah blah blah
LateModelSedan
TaxStoneCooked

most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside 💥👀👉Say Something !!! 🍑🍒㈇..
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  14
BREAKING: AR-AB & OBH Indictment released by U.S. DOJ
177 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
PART 2. BX have you ever smashed a famous or well known broad before?
292 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside POST YOUR FAVORITE AR AB Telling on Himself Video
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Article inside Professional gamer caught cheating at CSGO tournament
73 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside MoneyBagg who ? Speaks and exposes rap industry
216 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside Lana Del Rey fkcuing MGK
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Image(s) inside They Lined Up for that RDR2 my dude....
75 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy