squad up!

New York Knicks

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #2551
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3980 3980
and Drunk...what about Hibbert if we trade down?

especially with the strong rumors of Curry being gone?

10 years ago '06        #2552
Blah 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,156 | Props total: 14547 14547
 DRuNk 24/7 said
Mayo had exceeded my expectations at USC...he wasnt surrounded with the quality of team like ma boy D Rose had in memphis...but he wasnt as selfish a player as i thought hed be....he has a great feel for the game, and plays under control....

i wouldnt mind seein the knicks land Mayo if they're out of position to land Rose....

Rush seems like hes going to be a nice role player in the league...bruce bowen type if he fulfils his MAX potential

my draftboard with this new system thats going to be implemented would be....

With a Top 5 pick:
Rose
Mayo
Bayless
-------
If We Trade Down:
Gallinari
Westbrook
Greene
Augustin
Batum
JaVale McGee
yea im with you on the top 5 but i'll replace Bayless with Gallinari hes a slasher with a 3 Point Shot .. might work under Mike f*gToni his Defense is suspect.
Rose is objective #1 tho

so i got it
Rose
Mayo
Gallinari

best case scenario we draft Rose and pick up a shotblocker later on
cause we all know curry couldnt get a block if he was fu*king wearing springs

10 years ago '06        #2553
Blah 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Born_Loser said

na Hibbert is sluggish i rather see DeAndre Jordan in a Knicks Jersey

10 years ago '04        #2554
space
space
The parent companies change — Gulf & Western, Paramount, Viacom, Cablevision — but the guiding principle of business affairs at Madison Square Garden remains the same. For as long as I can remember, the guys who run basketball's supposed Mecca have always outbid the market for the services of the biggest available name.

In this case, it's Donnie Walsh hiring Mike D'Antoni at $24 million for four years.

It used to be that big money went to a big name who'd won championships, coaches like Pat Riley and Larry Brown (the latter being a disaster, of course, though I didn't hear complaints at the time). But Mike D'Antoni's teams — abundantly talented and much-praised for basketball aesthetics — never won a conference title, much less a championship.

I won't mind, a couple of years from now, writing how wrong I was. That's how much I think of Walsh. But I don't get this one, not at all.

There are only two reasons for D'Antoni to have done this deal. First, the money. Second, he no longer believes he can win with the Phoenix Suns. And if I'm in Walsh's position, that bothers me.

I don't care if Steve Nash and Shaquille O'Neal are getting old. They're still Steve Nash and Shaquille O'Neal. Same for Grant Hill. There's also Boris Diaw, 26, Leandro Barbosa, 25, and Amare Stoudemire, also 25, who just happens to be the most talented big man in the game. A basketball man has all that, and he leaves to coach the Knicks of Stephon Marbury and Zach Randolph?

D'Antoni's agent has been quoted as saying, "Mike's looking forward to the challenge."

Really, now, what's the truer test of a coach? Making the Knicks appear respectable in a conference where 38 wins gets you a playoff berth, or finally getting the Suns to the Finals? Seems to me he's found a way out of the bigger challenge.

The Knicks won't be any good — authentically good, I mean — until they get under the cap and purchase a free agent like LeBron James. That'll take at least three years. In the meantime, you have every right to wonder about D'Antoni's system, dubbed "Seven Seconds or Less" in a fine book by Jack McCallum. With the Suns, D'Antoni wanted a good shot in seven seconds. With the Knicks, seven seconds is the over-under for Eddy Curry making it across half-court.

It has long been fashionable to bemoan the ugly '90s style powerball (ironically, it was the guy with the prettiest-ever game, Michael Jordan, who did more for isolation offense and bruising defenses than even Pat Riley and Chuck Daly). Everybody likes to see teams run and gun. But if such a scheme were really the basis for a championship, the And1 traveling squad would be in the Finals every year. Now as ever — the Suns had to find this out the hard way — you don't win on style points (though the Spurs, with Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, never got nearly enough). You win on defense. And the fact of the matter is, Mike D'Antoni's Phoenix team didn't play much.

Take Stoudemire, for instance. You can't tell me he lacks the talent to play defense. He just doesn't bother. Whose fault is that, though? Part of it has to be D'Antoni's.

Defense, most of it, anyway, is about desire and coaching. If you don't have the desire, you need some coaching. A good coach makes you fear the personal consequences of not playing defense. A great coach makes you feel a need to defend; he's able to sell you on the idea that defense is connected to the greater glory. D'Antoni, for all the talent at his disposal, didn't view defense as a priority. That's just a fact.

Mark Jackson would've been a better choice. I would hope his friendship with Jeff Van Gundy (still considered an enemy by Cablevision) had nothing to do the Knicks passing on his services. Donnie Walsh has hired former players lacking in experience as head coaches before, and Jackson seemed ideally suited for this franchise at this time. He may have actually motivated Marbury, if only for a year.

This belated endorsement comes with a declaration of my own prejudices, of course. Jackson is a New Yorker, imbued with that now-ancient sense of basketball as the city's game. But he was also a great playmaker, having run the point for two very good powerball teams, the Knicks and the Pacers. More than that, though, I'd like to think he had acquired a sober sense of the treacherous intramural politics in and around Madison Square Garden.

I fear Mike D'Antoni will come by this knowledge the hard way. There's a reason the Knicks have to outbid everybody. At the Garden, six mill per isn't what it's cracked up to be

10 years ago '06        #2555
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 Born_Loser said

i get mixed reviews about hibbert....he is a very smart high basketball IQ bigman that could fit into a "Pass-First" style of play...but he just doesnt seem too fleet of foot...his biggest knock is that he might be too slow for the nba...

i dont know bout the Curry rumors...everytime walsh has ever spoken of curry he talks about things he likes about his game...2 years ago, curry was argueably an all-star for us...i think if D'Antoni can RUN HIM INTO SHAPE, we could be alright with curry (at least just for next year)

i truley believe that Zach is the guy that Donnie Walnuts is tryna rid himself of...

he has a longer contract than CurryMan....and a few teams actually had some interest in him last year...

i could actually see us swinging that bucks trade to get a Defensive minded running style bigman (Gadzuric), and a shooter on the wing (Simmons)....maybe even gettin a charlie V somehow

not that these are trades THAT I personally want to see...it just seems like moves that could fit our system...

10 years ago '06        #2556
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
Guys Who SHOULD Be On The Knicks Radar and Can REASONABLY Be Had:

*Based on fitting the system and takin this team in the direction which we are heading (Salary Cap Wise)*

Feel Free to Add On...

In no particular order other than by the position.....

PG's

Jose Calderon (wishful thinkin, only if we cant land rose)
Steve Blake
Kyle Lowry
Shaun Livingston
Luke Ridnour
Delonte West
Earl Watson
Chris Duhon
Sergio Rodriguez (Euro prospect w/ the Blazers)
Sasha Vujacic
Keeyon Dooling
Beeno Udirh

SG's

Gerald Green
JR Smith
Bonzi Wells
JJ Red!ck
Francisco Garcia

SF's

Mike Miller
Adam Morrison
Matt Barnes
Micael Pietrus
James Posey
Jarvis Hayes
Bostjan Nachbar

PF's

Charlie V
Chris Wilcox
Kenyon Martin
Troy Murphy
Charmin Frye
Boris Diaw

Centers

Marcus Camby
Dan Gadzuric
Jeff Foster
Darko Milicic
Brad Miller

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 05-12-2008 at 02:08 PM..

10 years ago '04        #2557
space
space
that was the trade that Zeke was trying to do before the deadline and i actually thought was gonna happen

Randolph for Gadzuric, i think Simmons and another dude...can't remember the 2 other guys but it was for 3 Bucks

10 years ago '06        #2558
Blah 18 heat pts18
space
space
i dont see the raptors letting go of Calderon the raps got some money,
a marbury for Tj Ford trade might be possible .. that'll atleast be a step to saving some money .. we get a young Guard and the raps get a somewhat proven player to backup or start

10 years ago '06        #2559
Blah 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Born_Loser said
that was the trade that Zeke was trying to do before the deadline and i actually thought was gonna happen

Randolph for Gadzuric, i think Simmons and another dude...can't remember the 2 other guys but it was for 3 Bucks
Trade i heard was
Z-Bo + Nate + Rose for Gadzuric and Charlie Bell and money
shoulda pulled the trigger or atleast traded Z-Bo and Nate for Gadzuric and Sessions

05-12-2008, 03:49 PM         #2560
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said
Guys Who SHOULD Be On The Knicks Radar and Can REASONABLY Be Had:

*Based on fitting the system and takin this team in the direction which we are heading (Salary Cap Wise)*

Feel Free to Add On...

In no particular order other than by the position.....

PG's

Jose Calderon (wishful thinkin, only if we cant land rose)
Steve Blake
Kyle Lowry
Shaun Livingston
Luke Ridnour
Delonte West
Earl Watson
Chris Duhon
Sergio Rodriguez (Euro prospect w/ the Blazers)
Sasha Vujacic
Keeyon Dooling
Beeno Udirh

SG's

Gerald Green
JR Smith
Bonzi Wells
JJ Red*ck
Francisco Garcia

SF's

Mike Miller
Adam Morrison
Matt Barnes
Micael Pietrus
James Posey
Jarvis Hayes
Bostjan Nachbar

PF's

Charlie V
Chris Wilcox
Kenyon Martin
Troy Murphy
Charmin Frye
Boris Diaw

Centers

Marcus Camby
Dan Gadzuric
Jeff Foster
Darko Milicic
Brad Miller
Thats funny on my NBA2k6 I have Fransico Gracia(I trade Nate for him) and Shawn Livingston as starters. Charim Frye too

10 years ago '04        #2561
space
space
B-Diddy might opt out his contract..yay or nay

10 years ago '06        #2562
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 Born_Loser said
nay....

BDiddy is just another chucker....i know he'd fit into the system and would be a better option that any1 we have at the present moment...

but this team is and should be rebuilding...

no more quick fixes, lets continue to build this team the RIGHT way...

10 years ago '08        #2563
AC_89 300 heat pts300
space
space
$44,963 | Props total: 24055 24055
 Born_Loser said

nay....

10 years ago '06        #2564
Blah 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Born_Loser said
nay
Davis is just like Marbury dribble dribble shoot shoot then maybe a pass
SG mentality

05-12-2008, 06:13 PM         #2565
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said
Hell to the nay.

He's older and will breakdown in a few years.
plus we are rebuilding so we only need small contracts not big ones.

10 years ago '07        #2566
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,235 | Props total: 2994 2994
as much as i love baron, i don't think he's the fit for the knicks... baron is a west coast and works well in a freelancing offense, which is why he thrived so much at UCLA and on GSW. we need the andre miller or cp3 types...

d rose fits into that cp3-mold (only taller) so hopefully we'll see where we are in the lottery... same w/ bayless and gordon. augustin is a bit small, i hope we dont go w/ him if either one of those 3 are on the board.

Last edited by I Am The Truth; 05-12-2008 at 10:49 PM..

05-13-2008, 07:24 AM         #2567
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cpalmer1 said
You seen this one?

Mayo has too much baggage, he's not a franchise corner stone. I like him, but I think he's a Tim Thomas type of player. Plays for the money and not for the game.

I'd rather get CDR or Brandon Rush. if we cant get a PG.
ummm no

your hawks can keep them two, there were decent college players but they won't amount to much the league.

05-13-2008, 11:04 AM         #2568
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

D'Antoni wants Marbury out, Diaw, Barbosa in with Knicks
Getty Images
One of the first plays Mike D'Antoni is expected to draw up as the Knicks' new coach is for Stephon Marbury to run up the Garden floor ... and out the door back to Phoenix to rejoin the Suns according to the New York Daily News.

Once D'Antoni is formally named to succeed Isiah Thomas, he is expected to try to make a push for two of his favorite Suns forward Boris Diaw and guard Leandro Barbosa, who reportedly have fallen out of favor with Suns management. According to a person close to D'Antoni, one of his first moves would be to get the Knicks to offer Marbury and his expiring $22 million contract as a central part of the deal.

Because of the Suns players mentioned in this scenario, no one will be surprised if D'Antoni starts lobbying Donnie Walsh today to call Phoenix president Steve Kerr to begin trade talks.

Source: New York Daily News

* If this happens trust and believe that Walsh and D'Antoni
will be arrested for Felony Theft

Last edited by 7thWonder; 05-13-2008 at 11:05 AM..

05-13-2008, 11:58 AM         #2569
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ESPN's Mock Draft Calculater

10 years ago '04        #2570
space
space
 7thWonder said

D'Antoni wants Marbury out, Diaw, Barbosa in with Knicks
Getty Images
One of the first plays Mike D'Antoni is expected to draw up as the Knicks' new coach is for Stephon Marbury to run up the Garden floor ... and out the door back to Phoenix to rejoin the Suns according to the New York Daily News.

Once D'Antoni is formally named to succeed Isiah Thomas, he is expected to try to make a push for two of his favorite Suns forward Boris Diaw and guard Leandro Barbosa, who reportedly have fallen out of favor with Suns management. According to a person close to D'Antoni, one of his first moves would be to get the Knicks to offer Marbury and his expiring $22 million contract as a central part of the deal.

Because of the Suns players mentioned in this scenario, no one will be surprised if D'Antoni starts lobbying Donnie Walsh today to call Phoenix president Steve Kerr to begin trade talks.

Source: New York Daily News

* If this happens trust and believe that Walsh and D'Antoni
will be arrested for Felony Theft
dats wassup...i just got home exactly right now and i see on the ESPN sports ticker something about trading Marbury

05-13-2008, 04:00 PM         #2571
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7thWonder said
ummm no

your hawks can keep them two, there were decent college players but they won't amount to much the league.
CDR>>>>current Knick team..

10 years ago '04        #2572
space
space
nebody watching the Mike D'Antoni/Donnie Walsh press conference now (pre-recorded of course)?

10 years ago '04        #2573
space
space
WTF @ STAR IS BORN

n*gga acting lil funny in that interview

05-13-2008, 06:56 PM         #2574
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said
WTF @ STAR IS BORN

n*gga acting lil funny in that interview
What? what r you talking about? explain.

10 years ago '04        #2575
space
space
 cpalmer1 said
What? what r you talking about? explain.
had like an awkward aura about him when he was being interviewed in the beginning than he started to talk about that he was running in the mountains that came outta nowhere lmfao

another sh*t that had me dying during that press conference for some reason was when all the reporters kept asking Mike all these questions, Donnie looked like he was dying for a question himself, finally got one than after some female reporter was hey mike, like blah blah i'm on your left...Donnie was looking all over the place for a hot minute like he was still looking for the chick

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban doll gets dropped by her label 4 sending a hit on female rapper!..
24 comments
1 hour ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 50 cent taking shots at Ashanti
48 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Eric Reid On Altercation With Malcolm Jenkins: "HE'S A SELLOUT"
78 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 TB: Action Broson gets pulled up on!!!
10 comments
36 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LEBRON JAMES SOLIDIFIES THAT HE CAME TO LA MAINLY FOR HIS HOLLYWOOD VENTUR..
80 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin
27 comments
2 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Trae Young vs The Leftovers | 35 Pts, 11 Ast, 6 Threes | First Rookie To D..
26 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Did YouTube go down last week to erase a livestream of an object hittin..
40 comments
4 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Sticking My Finger In Her A** Like It’s Rondo’s Face
42 comments
5 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA *BROTHERHOOD OVER* LEBRON JAMES says HE DID NOT SPEAK to his TEAMMATES aft..
71 comments
6 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside M1lf: after 5 kids? You be the judge.
54 comments
6 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside the perfect woman... dime status
25 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NFL Shootout in Arrowhead: Cincinnati Bengals @ K.C. Chiefs
26 comments
54 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Are you going to try the Nightmare King burger?
13 comments
3 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Video inside Mexican Gang Member Warns 6ix9ine About Prison
95 comments
7 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Kareem Hunt Nasty Run
9 comments
54 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Whitney Wright
3 comments
37 minutes ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Would Yall smashing dis African America. Shawteee???
2 comments
53 minutes ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 Oct 21 - Nebraska school cook fired for serving students Kangaroo meat
32 comments
7 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 Video inside Money Bagg Yo with the crazy jewels from Johnny Dang
25 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Lonny Breaux
East African
trill jackson
Cartel-Clipz
youngmic
The Watcher
BrotherMan
ohhohh
TVR
Flippa Huxtable
Top 10 most slapped recently
HolyFatherSteve
BlackDynamite
blah blah blah
Lonny Breaux
Take Care
suavehooper
Rule 336
a1posting
Mr Scaramucci
Flippa Huxtable

most viewed right now
online now  66
Image(s) inside LA Legend Nipsey Hussle ALMOST JUMP INTO THE LAKERS MALEE BRAWL FIGHT ..
109 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  42
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
375 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  38
Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
36 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Thicc A$s Jordans
30 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  11
Lawd! Dave Chapelle describes Kanye's 'Manic Episode' at the White House
70 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside Famous Dex Appears To Pull A Gun On Shocktoberfest Concertgoers, Video..
32 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
NBA Rondo did spit in Chris Paul's face, he wipes his face before going at Ron..
203 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy