squad up!

New York Knicks

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #2501
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,414 | Props total: 102 102
 DRuNk 24/7 said
GTA IV >>> _______

"Fire Isiaac"...wowwwww classic
where the hell did you see that?

10 years ago '06        #2502
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 0 0
 TheKidHypno' said
where the hell did you see that?

it as just a rumor flying around realgm...someone said that you can go into MSG and watch a basketball gm...they said it was the Los Angeles Lobos vs. the NY Paychecks and you can start a "Fire Isaac" chant...

it has yet tobe proven tru though....

sorry to jump the gun...

05-07-2008, 05:29 PM         #2503
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Check out the Knicks end of the season ratings.

10 years ago '06        #2504
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
aight just lookin to see who your vote for next knick head coach will be....

possible candidates include....

-Mark Jackson
-Mike D'Antoni
-Avery Johnson
-Tom Thibodeau
-Sam Mitchell
-Mike Dunleavy
-Mike Fratello

just post the name of who would be YOUR #1 choice for the new knicks head coach...and give a lil reason why

10 years ago '04        #2505
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3980 3980
^

was gonna do this yesterday but got caught up with finals preparation..neway, i got Mark Jackson with Avery as a second choice

05-08-2008, 04:09 PM         #2506
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^I disagree 1110%. Mark Jackson has no Experiance to be a coach straight out of being a annoucer.

-Tom Thibodeau - is really the Coach of the Celtics, knows NYC
-Patrick Ewing - Experiance being a a.ssistant coach the last 3 years. would make Eddy Curry better player, and would have the respect of the city.
-Avery Johnson - former Coach or the year
-Mike D'Antoni - Since we can't play D, let out score em.
-Sam Mitchell - He would demand respect from the players
-Mark Jackson - The last hope

Last edited by cpalmer1; 05-08-2008 at 04:12 PM..

10 years ago '04        #2507
space
space
gotta start somewhere...just because he's was an annoucer, doesn't seperate the fact that he has a HIGH basketball IQ. if we are gonna start fresh, why not bring in somebody who will bring something new to the table. Ewing has no head coaching experience either, never worked with an entire team just worked with guys who played his position, Yao and Howard, will be just as inexperienced as coaching an entire team as Jackson would be.

05-08-2008, 07:19 PM         #2508
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said
gotta start somewhere...just because he's was an annoucer, doesn't seperate the fact that he has a HIGH basketball IQ. if we are gonna start fresh, why not bring in somebody who will bring something new to the table. Ewing has no head coaching experience either, never worked with an entire team just worked with guys who played his position, Yao and Howard, will be just as inexperienced as coaching an entire team as Jackson would be.
Mike Breen is an announcer too why not hire him for head coach of the knicks since he was as much coaching experience as Jackson..0
Let's get Cylde Frazior as an a.ssistant head coach he's been announcing for 20 years and is in the Hall of Fame.

I agree with you since we are rebuilding for 3rd time. Ok get Jackson. But Ewings has more coaching then Jackson has by three/four years now? He should of gotten an interview, email, text message, or something.

At least Byron Scott, Avery Johnson, and Scott Skiles were a.ssistants at one time. Larry Bird was a failure he ran back to the front office, Larry Bird was hand picked by Walsh to coach a team we could of brought to the finals.

Mark Jackson will be learning on the Job with a stupid bunch of players. If the one of the HOF point guards (Lenny Wilkens/Isiah Thomas) in NBA history can't coach this team, how could Mark Jackson do it?

Just my opinion.

PS Charles Oakley doesnt even like the idea of Mark Jackson being head coach over Herb or Ewing. and Oakley knows Mark.

Last edited by cpalmer1; 05-08-2008 at 07:23 PM..

10 years ago '07        #2509
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,250 | Props total: 1643 1643
 Adam Is BeTTeR said
Bayless is ight, he's more of a scoring PG though...he averaged like 19+ in his freshmen year (I think he was a freshmen)...he's good and all, but...he doesn't fit the Knicks, they should get DeAndre Jorden, and just develop him until he becomes a beast...
IMO DeAndre got bust written all over him....its D Rose or the draft is a bust for us sorry to say it :banghead: :banghead:...no one else fits what we need

10 years ago '07        #2510
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,844 | Props total: 3865 3865
 BxCastro said
IMO DeAndre got bust written all over him....its D Rose or the draft is a bust for us sorry to say it :banghead: :banghead:...no one else fits what we need
yeah, I understand why you say that, 1 year in college, didn't really do much, averaged like 8 and 6 I think, he's not really skilled offensively yet but he's still young, his defense is pretty sharp, he's athletic, can guard an athletic forward or center if trained and developed right, and heres a nice dunk from him by the way

10 years ago '04        #2511
space
space
Knicks are probably gonna offer D'Antoni a 5 year contract...thoughts???

Balkman would certainly get more playing time maybe...def. would be like our bootleg Marion, Q-Rich will possibly go back to shooting 3's and Nate would be representing for his number one fan, P

10 years ago '06        #2512
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
****BREAKING NEWS*****

[pic - click to view]

David Lee will be donning a MOHAWK this season....

Lee is endoresed by Vitamin Water, and they hada public poll on how to cut Lee's hair...and the mohawk was the winner

*man, just when you thought he couldnt get any s3xier...this man is D-Lee-cious

LMAO

05-09-2008, 03:00 PM         #2513
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^that avy is pretty homo, "D-Lee-cious"

10 years ago '04        #2514
space
space
Cedric The Entertainer said it best... "I'm a grown a.ss man dog, I ain't about to call no man DELICIOUS!!!"

10 years ago '05        #2515
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,258 | Props total: 4 4
giants In 09!

05-09-2008, 09:00 PM         #2516
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said
Cedric The Entertainer said it best... "I'm a grown a.ss man dog, I ain't about to call no man DELICIOUS!!!"
dies...rofllllllllllllllllll

10 years ago '06        #2517
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 cpalmer1 said
^^that avy is pretty homo, "D-Lee-cious"

yea it definitely is...LMAO

it aint as bad as that poster you have hangin on your bedroom wall...

Last edited by DRuNk 24/7; 05-09-2008 at 10:39 PM..

05-10-2008, 07:42 AM         #2518
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BornLoser, you need to explain this, and why it's up in your room?

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '06        #2519
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
 cpalmer1 said
BornLoser, you need to explain this, and why it's up in your room

[pic - click to view]

classic

05-10-2008, 11:55 AM         #2520
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SI.com: D'Antoni accepts Knicks' offer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Jack McCallum, SI.com

Mike D'Antoni has accepted the New York Knicks' lucrative job offer, ending a week-long battle with the Chicago Bulls, who also pursued the Phoenix Suns' coach, a league source told SI.com.

The Knicks reportedly gave D'Antoni a four-year deal worth about $24 million. He had two years and close to $9 million remaining on his contract with the Suns, whom he led to two Western Conference finals and an average of 58 victories in four full seasons.

The hiring completes a whirlwind week for D'Antoni, whom many thought would land with the Bulls, believing their roster better matched his fast-break style. But D'Antoni had been saying quietly all along that New York was as attractive an option for him as Chicago.

The affable D'Antoni certainly was an attractive option to new Knicks president Donnie Walsh, who is looking to change not only the team's on-court style after four consecutive seasons of 33 victories or fewer but also the unpleasant off-court culture that alienated the media -- and almost anyone else who was around -- during the Isiah Thomas days.

Walsh entered the picture last Monday when he interviewed D'Antoni at his home in Scottsdale, Ariz. That talk was sandwiched between D'Antoni's two interviews with Chicago Bulls general manager John Paxson, who spoke with the 2004-05 Coach of the Year on Sunday night and again on Monday morning in Phoenix. On Friday afternoon, at his home in Scottsdale, D'Antoni also talked to Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, who has a home about 200 yards away from D'Antoni's. But in the end, Chicago couldn't match the New York offer. Walsh also interviewed Avery Johnson, early favorite Mark Jackson and Rick Carlisle, who has landed the Dallas Mavericks' opening.

D'Antoni's teams look to run, get jump shots off a high pick-and-roll offense and throw up three-pointers when there are openings ... and sometimes when there are not. D'Antoni, then, is not known as a coach who screams at his players for taking bad shots, but then again, he hasn't coached the Knicks' personnel. His big challenge would seem to be either reestablishing a connection with point guard Stephon Marbury, whom he coached briefly in Phoenix during the 2003-04 season, or turning shooting guard Jamal Crawford into more of a point guard. D'Antoni likes big men who run the floor, but it remains to be seen if power forward Zach Randolph would fit that mold, as center Eddy Curry certainly does not. In short, this is a roster that needs work, but that would be the case no matter who got the coaching job.

Where D'Antoni's departure leaves the Suns is a question mark. With the midseason acquisition of Shaquille O'Neal (an addition that D'Antoni advocated) and the possible slowing of 34-year-old point guard Steve Nash (at least that's the way it looked in the Suns' first-round, five-game loss to the San Antonio Spurs), the personnel doesn't suggest a certain style, as it did when D'Antoni and Nash first teamed up to bring fast-break basketball back to the NBA.

But the Phoenix job is still a plum one, with a nucleus of Nash, Shaq, Amaré Stoudemire, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Grant Hill and Leandro Barbosa. And with the approximately $9 million owed D'Antoni over the next two years now available, majority owner Robert Sarver and general manager Steve Kerr should be able to land a good coach.

Respected TNT analyst and former NBA coach Doug Collins, a confidant of Kerr's who lives in the Phoenix area, has been mentioned as a potential replacement for D'Antoni. A league source said a Suns player even contacted Collins (it's not known whether he did so on his own or on behalf of the team). But Collins told SI.com that he is not interested in returning to the hot seat. "I like my life the way it is," he said.

One possibility might be Jeff Van Gundy, who preaches a defensive-oriented, slow-down style but has also coached scoring big men like Patrick Ewing in New York and Yao Ming in Houston. With Stoudemire, the offense is already there, and Van Gundy would have to stress defense. But Van Gundy would take some persuading because he has said he doesn't want to coach next season.

Kerr, whose season-long rift with D'Antoni was probably the biggest single factor in the coach's exit, told SI.com that he does not want to coach, at least not now. (His son is a promising scholastic basketball player and Kerr would like to keep tabs on him.)

While it appears as if the situation unraveled quickly in Phoenix, the relationship between D'Antoni and Kerr took an early wrong turn and never got back on track. They had a blowup in November about Stoudemire's placement in the offense -- Kerr believed he should get more post-ups and planned touches -- and D'Antoni felt that on several occasions he was being undercut by Kerr, in subtle ways, in the media. "Oh, hell, maybe I'm paranoid," D'Antoni would say from time to time. But he didn't seem to believe that.

A divide also developed between D'Antoni and the Suns' personnel people, a.ssistant general manager Vinny Del Negro and senior vice president of basketball operations Dave Griffin, who were aligned with Kerr. Management believed that D'Antoni didn't have nearly enough confidence in his bench and that his refusal to open up his rotation hurt the team. The coach maintained that he wasn't given the proper players and therefore did not trust his bench. D'Antoni also believed that the front office did not have full confidence in his a.ssistant coaches, a group including veteran Alvin Gentry, newcomer Jay Humphries, Phil Weber (who specialized in individual workouts with players) and Dan D'Antoni, Mike's older brother.

Still, most of the turmoil remained hidden, partly because D'Antoni and Kerr are both pleasant men, adept at dealing with the media and even with each other, smoldering internal resentments notwithstanding. But in the cauldron of the playoffs against the Spurs, when some of management's dissatisfaction with D'Antoni's defensive schemes and strategy began to find their way into the papers and the blogosphere, the situation devolved.

A devastating double-overtime loss in Game 1, a standard loss in Game 2 and a galling blowout loss at home in Game 3 all but ended the Suns' season and exposed a team in disarray. It had become evident by then that the season had worn on D'Antoni and that the chances of the coach and Kerr repairing their relationship were infinitesimal. After the Suns were eliminated in Game 5, SI.com reported that D'Antoni would not return as coach because of what he considered to be a lack of support from upper management.

Find this article at:

10 years ago '04        #2521
Artifacts 
space
space
$3,741 | Props total: 6 6
lol @ Lee.. but Robinson will flourish with D'Antoni system

10 years ago '04        #2522
space
space
 cpalmer1 said
BornLoser, you need to explain this, and why it's up in your room?

[pic - click to view]

my mom snuck into my room and posted that sh*t up with cement or something on my wall..can't take that sh*t out for some reason

10 years ago '04        #2523
space
space
should be an interesting draft....Walsh wants to trade Curry, Randolph and Marbury and we got ourselves a top 5 draft pick hopefully

05-10-2008, 03:56 PM         #2524
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said
my mom snuck into my room and posted that sh*t up with cement or something on my wall..can't take that sh*t out for some reason
it's aint nothing my dude. here's an exclusive from Drunk24/7 myspace.

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '06        #2525
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts OP
space
space
not my first choice.....

but regardless....a GREAT hire for Ny

D'Pringles and Walsh together bring INSTANT credibility to our organization...

this team will still be rebuilding, and probably wont be to good next season....so why not continue to to pack out the garden, and bring some excitement back to this franchise???

Nate, Craw, Chandler, Balkman, and Lee fit PERFECTLY into D'Antoni's style of play....who dont thinks nate and jamal willhave a problem CHUCKIN up shots every 7 seconds...lol

i know P'ringles biggest knock is how the Suns never played any Defense....but look at his firstline of defense, Steve Nash (probably 1 of the worst defenders in the lg)...Marion and Amare played D....its all about the personel

this is more the reason that the knicks MUST DRAFT DERRICK ROSE...i dont care how (the fix....or just trading the farm to move up), but it has to be done...Rose would FLOURISH under D'ANtonioBanderas...

imagine 2 years rebuliding the knicks with a lineup of Rose/Craw/Chandler/Balk/Lee or Rose/Craw/Chandler/Lee/Curry....learning a new system under Mikey D...all while clearing cap to make that FA move that will put us over the top in 2010
\

we'll see though....

i guess this means no Patrick Ewing return as an a.ssistant...best of luck to JAX in findin a HC Position in the lg....

but we knick fans have got to believe

Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Big Baby Backs Rondo: "I Played With Both of Them, Chris Paul is a Very Ba..
51 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GAME OVER: Samsung has developed a battery that fully charges in 12 mi..
91 comments
4 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Canadian Rapper Dies In Music Video Plane Stunt Gone Wrong
36 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA BOB COUSY OFFERS AMMENDS to BILL RUSELL for being RACIST during CAREER on ..
90 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Rondo on Paul “he’s a horrible teammate
96 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I’m Turning That A*s Into Pie
12 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
CubanDoll hospitalized after slicing open Rocky Badd
50 comments
4 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside How Will Smith Pulled Jada Pinkett
45 comments
7 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Shorty is damn near 50 but living like a young IG thot
77 comments
8 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Oct 23 - Breaking: Body parts of journalist Jamal Khashoggi have been found
27 comments
8 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside One Of The Best Impeccable Back and Forth
9 comments
8 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jada Finally Penetrates Will.
28 comments
8 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Errol Spence’s Next Opponent *You heard it hear first*
53 comments
8 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Get Fuked Up On This Escalator
30 comments
4 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Yo my fu-king family made The Shade Room 😂
51 comments
3 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Avengers 4 Photo, Spoiler Alert
12 comments
4 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA NBA Rule Changes Lead To Offensive Explosion League Wide
76 comments
9 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Timberland x Bape
15 comments
8 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron throws teammates under bus in post game interview
50 comments
7 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Oct 23 - Study on race bias in law enforcement has surprising results.
63 comments
8 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Pill Cosby 313
black cobra
SubConscious
one il matt 56
suavehooper
86'd
DatBrownDood
Black Excellence
DrizzyStan06
Top 10 most slapped recently
Rule 336
Dun Language
suavehooper
BlackDynamite
blah blah blah
Player2
Adwerdz
dre03
Nahbruh

most viewed right now
online now  49
Image(s) inside Ayisha Diaz now has onlyfans page
58 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  33
Video inside Lawd have mercy jazmynekyng uproarchallenge
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  33
FBG Wooski shot in head at friends funeral
245 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  25
Image(s) inside LiAngelo Ball has s3x tape with a tr@nny. #BBB #BallControl
199 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  20
Article inside Sarah Silverman Says Louis C.K. M**turbated in Front of Her: ‘F— yeah..
146 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside Oct 22 - NYPD sergeant being investigated for shoving underwear down c..
148 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside First Red Dead gameplay leak
65 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin