Snoop Interview, on Dre stealing beats, and Dre not taking credit when he should

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
105 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8511 pageviews
17 comments

JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
Snoop Interview, on Dre stealing beats, and Dre not taking credit when he should

interview with Snoop explaining why people think Dre steals beats!!!
This is actually old but I see a lot of people posting ignorant sh*t on BX still sayin they heard Daz said Dre stole this or so and so is ghost producing for Dre, so hear you go.

Snoop: I always tell n*ggas, I coulda went on some Snoop Dogg sh*t and just said "Ay Dre, do my next record." and just lock down and be like "fu*k all yall I got the hottest sh*t on the West, and I'm the reason bla bla bla". But I'm not selfish. I coulda smashed everythang and did that. Cause he's at my disposal. But I'd rather fu*k with other producers, other artists, and just give n*ggas an opportunity that I feel deserve it. Cause I fu*k with Dre, it's not gonna be Terrace Martin, it's gonna be Battlecat, it's not gonna be Soopafly. All these n*ggas is gone! It's gonna be Dr. Dre produced by. Even if ya'll produced it! You feel what I'm saying?

Dubcnn: It's crazy you say that though. A lot of people been saying that for a long time.

Nah, but when I say that, it's not disrespect, because them n*ggas will bring a track that sounds cool, but when he's finished with it, that muthafu*ka is immaculate. Like for example if you were to hear the Stevie Wonder song that Busta Rhymes brought to Dre before Dre touched it, you would think it's two different songs.

Dubcnn: But he still should get some production credit though.

But, at the same time, Dre didn't take that from Sha Money. And when he was doing that for n*ggas back in the days, they didn't deserve to have their name in the game like that, because he did all of the work! So what you found a sample and you got a cool little drum file, but he brought the sh*t to life, so he really produced the track! Producing is bringing the track to life! Beatmakers make beats. A lot of n*ggas make beats. He produces tracks. So that ain't disrespect what I'm saying. I'm just telling you what's real.

I seen him make tracks from scratch. My whole record the n*gga made damn near everything from scratch. "Ain't No Fun", Daz and Warren G brought him the little *sings melody*, that's all they had! Dre took that muthafu*ka to the next level! Warren G brought in the Donny Hathaway, "Little Ghetto Boy, laying in the ghetto streets." Dre flipped it like "Hold on, gimme that!" Took that muthafu*ka and made it straight hit!

Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real n*gga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a n*gga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

Dubcnn: Right, but if I brought in the beat, I would still want my name somewhere.

But, if you brought in the beat, that's all you did, was brought in the beat. You didn't produce this record. This song says "Produced by" not "brought in the beat by". Keep it real! So that's what n*ggas got wrong, and they started pointing fingers and try to bad mouth him, when in actuality Dre doesn't need ya'll, ya'll needed him! Because this sh*t ya'll learned from him, that made ya'll better producers. He didn't learn sh*t from ya'll! See that's what n*ggas don't understand! Before The Chronic, how many hit records did Dre have before that? Everything he made was a hit record right?

Dubcnn: Right.

How many hits did Warren G make, how many hits did Daz make? None. None. Okay now, look at the tracks that they produced on The Chronic. Did they have any records like that by theyselves? No. You answer the question for me!

Dubcnn: Maybe on Dogg Food?

Come on man! Dogg Food was produced by Soopafly, Daz and Dr. Dre!

Dubcnn: Dre mixed it right?

No, Dre produced a lot of that sh*t! I'm telling you, Daz and them brought Dre beats, and he produced the muthafu*kas! "What Would You Do" was just a beat that Daz had did. That "bu-bump, bu-bump", the n*gga Dre put all that sh*t on it, that *sings* What would you do, whaa *sings* just to give it that other sh*t! I'm telling you what I know man! n*ggas gotta give Dre the ultimate respect. n*ggas try to bash him and cut his knees down like he didn't do nothing n*gga, he's the saviour man! Because what he did was, he showed n*ggas how to produce. Because n*ggas was good at making beats, but he showed you n*ggas how to produce! If ya'll had really did what ya'll say ya'll did, ya'll woulda put records out that sold 3-4 million on your own, like he did. I still have to see it!
All the records that they put out solo wise, GARBAGE. Warren G's last record, HOT TO death. The records in between, I don't know. And these are my homeboys, I don't lie to you, I tell it like it is!

Dubcnn: You don't like the Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back?

He was dissing me!

Dubcnn: I know, but it was still a good record!

I don't give a fu*k! I don't like records with n*ggas dissing me! What I look like man? I didn't smash him though. I had a record I did with Mack 10 that woulda shut is whole career down. I told him and I let him hear the record, I told him "n*gga, I'm gonna let you get away with this cause you're my little cousin, and you rolling with Suge. I'ma let you get away with it." But in actuality I shoulda smashed his a.ss and kicked him out of the game, but that ain't the type of n*gga I am! I love Daz and I know he was brainwashed! That would've been Suge's goal, to make two n*ggas lose for the price of one. So that's why I say I never really listen to that record cause I know the n*gga was dissing. But it didn't sell no units!

Dubcnn: It went gold..

It didn't go gold. They bought 300,000 copies of that record. See you didn't know that though.

Last edited by JFamis; 01-18-2007 at 01:29 PM..

17 comments for "Snoop Interview, on Dre stealing beats, and Dre not taking credit when he should"

11 years ago '04        #2
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
LOL.

Snoop setting it straight for dudes...
 01-18-2007, 01:50 PM         #3
Dr. X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sorry but nope
 11 years ago '04        #4
JFamis 235 heat pts235 OP
space
space
 Dr. X said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sorry but nope
Some people just dont wanna believe the truth and keep on hating good music.
 11 years ago '06        #5
MΛζ†Д VεNфM™ 
space
space
$2,551 | Props total: 2 2
some people here just doesn't know wats the difference between beatmakers and producers
 11 years ago '05        #6
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,469 | Props total: 4414 4414
exactly...
Snoop & Dre 1, Haters 0
 01-18-2007, 06:28 PM         #7
D.C. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MΛζ†Д VεNфM™ said:
some people here just doesn't know wats the difference between beatmakers and producers
See, this is where people get it wrong.

Beatmakers = producers

Some just are more involved than others.
 11 years ago '07        #8
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
this n*gga snoop just siding with dre because snoop wouldnt be sh*t without dre. he knows damn well dre stole them n*gga's beats. even jerry heller said that dr. dre stole beats from that n*gga from above the law. and snoop just talking out of the side of his a.ss about daz dissing snoop on retaliatrion, revenge, and get back. i don't remember any song on that bi*ch that has a track dissing snoop. hell, snoop was on the fu*king album!!!:rolleyes:
 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM         #9
Pretty Crazy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
D o double G...
 11 years ago '04        #10
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
wow i cant believe i just read that sh*t!

well let me put it out like this, if any of them n*ggas is billy bad a.ss like that? come on and so-call "produce" my sh*t,
don't give me my credit? i won't try and sucka punch none of them old n*ggas!
bet both of them n*ggas will say produced by me if i put a holopoint in they fu*kin eye!

ole beat jackin a.ss n*ggas.

yea there is a difference between producing and beat making but in the world of rap don't get it confused,cuz, don't get it twisted.
there ain't no diference. not in rap music.

muthafu*ka thinkin bout back in the day quincy jones type sh*t,dre aint quincy n*gga!
he aint no fu*kin berry gordy.
back in the day the beat makers still got they fu*kin credits.
look at old album covers,go look.
it will say who played what. [instrument]
then look at a different album by the same group,look at a time when their "sound" changed up.
bet you won't say the same players listed, [for those instruments].

beat jackin is beat jackin.
dre buys other n*ggas beats, and then put produced by: dr.dre.
if you've been readin scratch magazine from it's first issue,you know, look at all the fu*kin producers that sold dre beats for detox. [they talk about it].

yall forgot? all the beats on GRODT were for detox?
that PIMP sh*t was for detox! d.porter made that sh*t and sold it to dre.
dre gave it to 50 cuz he canceled detox around that time.

fu*k this article.
it don't change sh*t.

nobody said dre can't make DOPE a.ss BEATS.
nobody said dre can not produce.
but if you think dre MADE everything he takes credit for,your a fu*kin "village idiot".
 11 years ago '04        #11
JFamis 235 heat pts235 OP
space
space
 murdahudawg said:

yall forgot? all the beats on GRODT were for detox?
that PIMP sh*t was for detox! d.porter made that sh*t and sold it to dre.
dre gave it to 50 cuz he canceled detox around that time.

fu*k this article.
it don't change sh*t.

nobody said dre can't make DOPE a.ss BEATS.
nobody said dre can not produce.
but if you think dre MADE everything he takes credit for,your a fu*kin "village idiot".
Dre never bought those beats cuz he was gonna steal em. he bought them for projects he was executive producing. One beat was on Xzibits album, one went on 50's album, then 3 others he ended up using for 8 Mile and Beg For Mercy, never took production credit, only mixing credit.

And check the credits to a Dr. Dre track, all the instruments are credited. Mike Elizondo be playing bass, guitar all that sh*t. All kinds of keyboardists. Dre's production style is like Quincy Jones now cuz the dude doesnt use the originaly style of hip-hop production, he uses instruments.
 01-18-2007, 10:18 PM         #12
Jenetikz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
snoop be funny as sh*t in the interviews
 01-18-2007, 10:37 PM         #13
One_Luv 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ Hell yea, he stays callin people out but dre was jackin beats.
 01-18-2007, 11:26 PM         #14
SubSirface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Own Interloop Entertainment Record Label!!

I never heard some stupid sh*t like that!

Producer's can pick a theme and the lyrics for the artist, but in hip hop that is rarely the case opposed to mainstream pop music!

Beatmakers are producers and vice versa...the label puts the sh*t out, not the producers' by themselves, that's bs.

Fact of the matter is, the industry is shady and royalties are worth more than homies these days...

I aint hatin, cuz i love Dre and Snoop...but don't cut ppl short, that's wrong, and it dates back all the way to NWA and Jerry Heller with this sh*t!
 01-19-2007, 03:45 PM         #15
adrush 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Hate just about everything Snoop puts out there, but when he speaks, sh*t can be golden. Most people get too scared to talk sh*t on their own people, I've never seen Snoop dodge any scenario put on him.
 11 years ago '04        #16
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
 adrush said:

Hate just about everything Snoop puts out there, but when he speaks, sh*t can be golden. Most people get too scared to talk sh*t on their own people, I've never seen Snoop dodge any scenario put on him.
i have
yall forgot when he had the bullet proof truck he was rollin around in?
looked like a big a.ss mail van from poetic justice?

wouldn't ever come out the house?

sh*t he spoke on it in some of his interviews right after he joined NO LIMIT!
 01-22-2007, 01:18 PM         #17
SeaN diggz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.C. said:
See, this is where people get it wrong.

Beatmakers = producers

Some just are more involved than others.
see thats where your wrong a beatmker dosent = a producer
there are beatmakers who can not produce a record for there life and there are producer's who can not make a beat for there life
do you think bands are credited as producer's just because they wrote the foundation element of a song? absolutley not,there's no alternative to being a producer or a beatmaker your either one or the other or both,if you make a beat and send it to some one and they orchestrate the record with a in house producer or recording engineer your credit is only due as a writer or beatmaker nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by SeaN diggz; 01-22-2007 at 01:20 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy