Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #681
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,104 | Props total: 16 16
yeah.. ^... I somewhat agree.. i've noticed our bench is nowhere near as effective with ford... it was much better with calderon.. but it's sort of too late in the season to make changes like this especially with ford not 100 per cent and bosh still not 100 per cent... we'll see... Sam mitchell is an idiot anyway, he always fu*ks sh*t up..
 10 years ago '06        #682
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
^, just as I said that, I find a news article saying that jose calderon has gave tj ford the starting position!!!!!!

10 years ago '06        #683
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
hmmm....TJ as starter and we've won 3 of 4 including the pistons...

wonder how TJ haters will deal with this!!
 10 years ago '06        #684
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
^ trust me... they feel stupid.. i hate these off brand so called raptor fans in toronto thinking calderon is a god and tj is garbage.... calderon is nice, but tj is much better.. i mean look at todays game for example.. tj busted down the bobcats, and what did calderon do? nothing... all he did was pick and rolls with bosh and didn't get us nowhere.. and boykins exposed calderon badly today... calderon needs to shoot more though..

Last edited by unotready; 04-01-2008 at 12:52 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #685
nicbroto 
space
space
$1,357 | Props total: 0 0
tell me that the refs started the clock before tj actually touched the ball in that last play of the 4th. its already at like 0.3 or 0.4 before he even touches it. we should have won that.

granted we had a 17 point lead and we blew it as well as giving the hawks 3 opportunities to tie the ball game, some might argue that we didnt deserve to win the game but a win is a win and we still should have won that game on the tj oop.

if david stern can call for the hawks heat game to be replayed then he should chalk up the w in our favour.

this is the 3rd time the hawks have fu*ked up and the 2nd time we have gotten screwed over by their refs, scorers, whatever.

ive been kind of pissed off since the game went into ot.
 10 years ago '08        #686
Ghandi80 
space
space
space
$122 | Props total: 3 3
Am i the only one who thinks that T.J. was acting all childish regarding comming off the bench?

No I in TEAM right?
 10 years ago '06        #687
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
^ childish? he didn't make 1 complaint in public... only think that showed that he didn't like it was his game while playing off the bench..
 10 years ago '05        #688
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
got the matchup we wanted

raps in 6 over the magic
 10 years ago '05        #689
slanger55 2 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 862 862
 jay964 said:
got the matchup we wanted

raps in 6 over the magic
YESSIR we have a chance to make 2nd round unlike a match up with the pistons:applause:
 10 years ago '06        #690
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 Rubix said:
shootar, i respect your opinion but you're not holding sam accountable for the things he should be held accountable for. defense is more than just hustle and heart. there's a way to play defense...why do you think larry brown in considered a defensive minded coach? why do you think mike brown is considered a defensive minded coach and why are certain a.ssistant coaches hired JUST to teach defense? because defense CAN be taught. and if there's a player who is a weaker defender when compared to other players on the team, it is the coaches responsibility to hide deficiencies and to play to the teams strength.

thats something sam doesn't do. nobody on the pistons except for maybe rasheed was considered a good defender until larry brown taught them how to play team defense. houston doesnt have good one on one defenders but jvg taught them how to properly rotate and shut down certain type of players.
i understand all that and I completely agree with you. I personally am one that actually thinks defense is much more valuable than offense, and believes defense wins ships. This is the reason I dont think the raptors will *ever* win a ship under BC, IF he keeps this fu*king ridiculous blueprint he thinks can win a ship. It didn't work in phoenix and its not working here, and o it hasn't worked in the nba PERIOD in my existence (last 23 years or so). Teams that win ships have great defense and had a great centre (duncan, big ben, shaq have won the last how many ships) who can block shots and be a presence in the paint. One of the reasons i lost much respect and stock in BC for drafting bargnani. It's a great PR move with the city of toronto, and no doubt gained us a whole sh*tload of new fans (who are fu*king retarded) and has no doubt brought dollers to the bottom line. What it basically guaranteed tho was us not winning a ship for a long time unless he makes some serious trades.

k back to the point, kinda rambled there. those guys are great defensive coaches yes, but they've had the players imo that are capable. sheed the only defender?? tayshaun is all world defender. and ben wallace was too in their hay days. thats 2 defenders right there in prince and big ben that are stoppers for a big and a perimeter player...something we can only dream of having at even one position.

houston has shane battier, maybe the best defender in the league...yao ming is a beast on centres and can be a presence in the paint if penetration occurs. and honestly...both detroit and houston have something intangible that we dont...and thats heart. have u ever watched houston play, they play as hard on the defensive end as i've ever seen. they take it seriously. we've NEVER done that. again, i dont think sam is any kind of x's and o's coach...i really dont...and he's probably not helping the situation. but at the same time our guys have no idea what passion means and working ur tail off on the defensive end...it just doesnt happen. as a whole, its brutal to watch, cuz if they just gave as much effort as detroit and houston alone, we'd cut down probably at least 3 or 4 buckets a game...and thats monumental when ur talking about 6 or 8 points a game all on hussle alone.

i agree defensive minds are valuable, but really there are few of them "geniuses" in the game right now. i definetly think effort and ability trumps schemes and systems everyday of the year. i'm not saying i'm right, but this is what my opinion.

Rubix said:
have you seen sam implement anything on defense besides man to man and the occasional zone? okay, well im almost certain now that you have never played real organized basketball seeing as how you dont see the necessity to press at the half court line. if the raptors put pressure on the pg at the half court line, the offense would be easier to disrupt and our wings would establish better position on the opposing team's wings as well. not to mention, the shot clock acts as a 6th defender. pressuring the ball handler at the half court line will take off at least 3 seconds off the shot clock making it harder for the opposition to get a good shot.
i've never played organized ball, ur right. only hooped for fun and had lotta other sports i competed in. but ur observation leading up to that doesnt make sense. just cuz i dont think pressing at half court is gonna solve our defensive problems doesnt mean i dont know what i'm talking about. how many teams do u see pressing so early?? not many. dont u think tons of coaches would be doing it if it was really that effective?? who cares about 3 seconds if they can still get off a quality shot. what if teams just picked the guy pressuring the guard up top and gave their pg a ton of open space or lane to the paint everytime?? do we have any type of shot blockers? no. i jsut dont see basically throwing our defenders on an island up top where they're by themselves will help a situation where our perimeter defenders ALREADY get exposed off the dribble 9.8 times out of 10 . i think the opposite where we need a help defender as close as possible to our guards getting exposed.

i duno tho man seriously...like i really dont think that simple idea will help our dismal defence....u could be right, i dont know. but to blame a coach for our bad defense is ridiculous i think with the current players we have. u see them on that end, they're absolutely brutal.

Rubix said:
and when i said "run," i didnt literally mean it as run n gun like the nuggets or suns. i mean, they have the ability to run a faster offense. like get the ball up the court, set up the offense quickly and take the first clean look they get. like i said, ive seen prep schools learn this and use it and i dont see why an nba team cant do it. listen, the raptors have the slowest offense in the league..they take less shots per 100 possessions and take at least 10 seconds off the shot clock before the offense initiates. and at the same time, NOBODY besides TJ and Bosh can create their own shot..so again, it is up to the coaches to hide these deficiencies and PREVENT the team from getting into a half court game which they will almost always get slaughtered doing. If they play half court with Orlando, they will get murked..plain and simple.

hey, if you like sam, then thats fine...but i find it strange that somebody can actually like a coach who always says "well they made shats and we missed our shats. we need to make more shats to win" in every damn post-game interview. there are no adjustments made from game to game. just the same ol' shats shats shats.
i agree we take way too much time getting the ball up the court. esp with our guards who are quick, they seem to take their time to get it over...and i also agree sam could do a better job of masking our lack of creators. but i really dont know how since we do have such a diffeciency in that area. i disagree we're doomed in a half court set with orlando. they are a jumpshooting team contrary to what ppl might beleive. if their shots arent falling they're average. dwight cannot be depended on imo to score big baskets in the clutch, i really they they will need to win games via the jumpshot. and our half court offense is fine if TJ is on his game, and playing smart. I duno we'll see. I will definetly be able to properly evaluate sam after this round. its too early. he's played the season with so many big injuries and pg issues etc. last year no one was complaining when he won COY. and when he jumped on the court when TJ went down everyone was loving him. but after bosh got hurt and our team was exposed, everyone all of a sudden wants to sandbag the dude. i dunno. i'm gonna wait and see what happens. wins speaks more to me than x's and o's. if we lose this series i will be very disappointed..this is a team IMO we can beat and wil be MUCH easier than new jersey, not even close.

and yes i agree his post game interviews are a joke...and doesnt offer anything insightful, but u must know sam hates the media. i dont think its fair to evaluate a coach based on ANY interviews or media related.
 10 years ago '05        #691
landlord151515 136 heat pts136
space
space
$2,495 | Props total: 2292 2292
RAPS WIN!!!!!:applause::applause::applause::applause::a pplause::applause::applause::applause:
 10 years ago '06        #692
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
fu*k this soft a.ss jumpshooting circus....fu*k BC, bargnani is thee most TERRIBLE thing on a basketball court...he'd be a bench player in the wnba
 10 years ago '05        #693
slanger55 2 heat pts OP
space
space
fu*kKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

WEAK way to end the season.

i think SAM has got to go. i love him as a hard a.ss coach but his skills are terrible. I havnt seen him draw up any nice plays after a TO except the one in ATL for TJ that we got screwed on. his sub patterns and player combos are fu*kin wack. we need to get a big man that can rebound and play some D. and i pray that bargs just had a sophmore slump season and breaks out next year which i think he will.

fu*k we better not turn into the sorry a.ss leafs with just being content to make the playoffs and one and out.

but its watever ima ride and die with the raps.

Last edited by slanger55; 04-29-2008 at 10:33 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #694
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
fu*k all these euros..

we need to make some big changes.. i think we are gonna trade tj which would be retarded. jose is a better shooter but without that bosh pick he is completely useless... he can't create for himself or others without that high screen and roll...

either way some changes must be made and we need to dump some of these euro fu*ks... sh*ts insane.. actin like they playing in some euro league game.. this is the nba.. man the fu*k up...
 10 years ago '05        #695
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
some good news for us raps fans

Chuck Checks Out

May 6, 2008

Chuck Swirsky, an icon with the Toronto Raptors radio and television broadcasts as play-by-play announcer for the past 10 seasons, is leaving the organization for personal reasons related to his family. Swirsky and his family are returning to the Chicago area where he served as sports director at WGN Radio from 1982-94, broadcaster of DePaul University basketball for 10 years, host of the Chicago Bears Radio Network for 10 years and held similar responsibilities for the Chicago Cubs Radio Network for a dozen seasons. Swirsky will a.ssume a position as radio play-by-play broadcaster with the Chicago Bulls.

“Chuck Swirsky has been a terrific play-by-play broadcaster for the Raptors, but it was his tireless dedication to the community and his direct relationship with our fans that left an indelible mark on southern Ontario and with Raptors fans across Canada,” said Tom Anselmi, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. “There’s lots of good play-by-play guys out there, but only one Chuck Swirsky. He is a big loss to our organization. His passion for basketball and passion for our fans, makes him one of the game’s great ambassadors. He’s leaving for the right reasons, and that’s to place the needs of his family at the top of his priority list. He leaves with our support, our deepest appreciation and best wishes for the future.”

Swirsky, who gained his Canadian citizenship this past winter, has handled play-by-play duties on Raptors television broadcasts for the past seven years, following three seasons in that capacity on the radio broadcasts. He signed a four-year contract extension in 2007. He also hosts The Chuck Swirsky Show weekday afternoons on Toronto’s all-sports radio THE FAN 590, the official Radio broadcast partner of the Raptors.

In addition to making regular appearances on behalf of the Raptors Foundation and the club’s Read to Achieve and Slam Dunk Youth Violence programs, Swirsky devotes time on behalf of numerous charities including Special Olympics, Children’s Cancer Research and the Tourette’s Foundation of Canada.

Prior to coming to Toronto, Swirsky was the sports director at WJR Radio in Detroit where he broadcast University of Michigan basketball for four years and anchored pre- and post-game shows for the Detroit Red Wings and Michigan football.

source:
 06-13-2008, 06:51 AM         #696
Polo_Smurf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Calderon most likely will not be traded =D (Read on Toronto Sun at work)
 9 years ago '06        #697
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
TJ u'll be missed bud. dude never got a fair shot here. was treated like sh*t by the fans and media. pretty ashamed to be a toronto fan many times throughout his tenure here. wish him all the best and hope he torches calderon in their meetings, without their team actually being competitive tho. and hope our fans actually have the decency to give him a standing O when he returns. he was a warrior coming back from that injury and goin up for dunks right away n sh*t. also one of the few to get in ppls faces when our guys got bodied. remember one in particular when bogut got tossed for a flagerant on bosh and TJ got in boguts grill and got teed up. dudes gonna be somethin special in this league, and it sucks we didnt realize his talent, ah well.

welcome JO. huge risk, potential for nice reward. we desperately need a swing upgrade tho badly. BC can NOT be finished or i will be very disappointed giving up all these a.ssets.

i'd rather trade calderon high, for say maggette. use draft pick and expiring contract to move up in the draft or something. grab best big man available. cuz i think offensively we're even worse with this trade. but obv huge upgrade in the paint on dee, and thats whats keeping my hopes alive.
 9 years ago '05        #698
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
b.c fu*ked up....
calderon without a bosh pick is useless... once teams realize that he will be exposed and lame a.ss toronto ball fans will be calling for tj again...

tj gonna be sh*tting on the league for years to come...
all the best to him... dude is a top 7 pg for years to come
 9 years ago '05        #699
slanger55 2 heat pts OP
space
space
fu*k im hyped for the new season
 9 years ago '04        #700
nicbroto 
space
space
$1,357 | Props total: 0 0
damn im mad amped for next season. i hope joneal can stay healthy. this really could be something special if it goes to plan. i kind of wished we kept tj but oh well its still looking up for us. we got nathan jawai too! being an aussie myself, im extremely excited about having an australian player on the raps. i hope he can do some damage kinda like big baby davis off the bench.

oh and for all you raps fans actually living in toronto, could you maybe help me out? im heading out to toronto to visit some relatives in about a week. i was wondering when you think jerseys (joneal, jawai even?) will be available and where would you recommend i shop to buy these? i wouldnt mind picking up a moon jersey too. i dont mind going to the acc for it. any suggestions would help. i just want to stock up on raps gear.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy