Jan 17 - Soundscan Album Sales (FULL CHART)

most viewed right now
+19  128
107 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
19 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

01-18-2007, 05:55 PM         #51
codeine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OMARION is doin HORRIBLE

12 years ago '05        #52
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
Lil Scrappy?

Tyrese ?:applause:

Mos Def?

Ludacris :applause:

Young Jeezy :thumbsdow

Nas

Jay-Z

01-18-2007, 10:03 PM         #53
T. Okes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VinceTran said
if it was so quality then shouldn't it sell??? look at actual good rappers. Jay Z, 5 million sold on 1 record. same with 50, same with eminem, same with snoop's doggy style, same with dr. dre.

if nas was so good like u guys make him sound, why does no one buys his records??? sales = how great u are. what's the point of basketball?? to score as much points as u can. what's the point of hockey?? to score. what's the point of the music business?? to sell as many records as u can.

50, em, tupac, biggie, jay will always be on another level. then u have chamillionaire, jeezy, joc, rick ross, dipset, game........ on just a notch below....

then u got the jedi mind tricks, nas, necro, ill bill........ the bottem feeders.
Goddamn, you're as mainstream as it gets. This is exactly what's wrong with the game when it comes to the music itself. What you're sayin' is, as a music artist you ain't sh*t unless you sell...that your music is garbage if it can't sell and simply "good music" if it does. You look so deeply into the business side of this sh*t, yet you don't even realize that not every single person out of 10 million people that happen to go out and buy a particular album will actually like it. That's why these record companies use the same formula every time with the way singles/album tracks are set up, it's all just to get the fish biting. There's a difference between tryin' to sell albums and tryin' to move units.

So even if 1 outta every 10 people liked "Encore" it's still good music since it sold so much, right? Pssh plus you obviously don't even know what it means to be slept on...so I'ma dead this. Can't believe you were even listening to rap before 2003.

"You gotta think of how many n*ggaz originated this sh*t
How many of 'em broke?
You think that how many n*ggaz is rich today in this bi*ch
You can say that many n*ggaz is dope? No" - Royce da 5'9"

'nuff said

12 years ago '04        #54
likwitcrewmembe 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,668 | Props total: 34 34
ending this thread right now. jeezy sells cause he is a fu*king gimmick.

Nas sells cause people know they will get a thought provoking and quality cd out of him. fat joe is even better then young jeezy for gods sake.

01-19-2007, 05:15 PM         #55
Juice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jshinn05 said
Only thing good on Jeezy's album was the production would have been better as an instrumental album make that sh*t acapella and its the worst album of the year
werd i got some jeezy acapellas and they are horrible....i hate the fu*kin adlibs......yeeeeeahhhhhhhhh........oookkkkkk..... ...sounds like a non yellin version of little john ttthhhhaaaattttssss rriiigggghhhhtttt im not gonna say fu*k jeezy but over all nas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jeezy

12 years ago '07        #56
six1twan 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,195 | Props total: 488 488
OH yeah my man gold like father like son thats whats up and people doubted this cd
its one birdman and one jr they neighborhhod superstars mothafu*k yall

01-19-2007, 06:11 PM         #57
dolla101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 doczdaname said
no, its just you cant hear good music. Jeezy is a gimmick and the only thing he has going for him is the beats and the adlibs...you know its true, dont be in denial.

let me see jeezy give us some classic tracks like nas has. Jeezy hasnt given one that people are like "damn that is crazy how he did that track" ..i can name so many for nas but theres no point bc people already know.

^^^REAL Muthafu*kin Talk^^^^:applause:

01-19-2007, 06:35 PM         #58
dolla101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VinceTran said
i'm a Jeezy stan because i know good music???? i remember when i bought Me against the world and no one even bought that, til he died. i remember when i picked up ready to die, no one felt that. i know good music. Jeezy is a star, he actually goes with the beat. Nas is all off tune. can't even follow a beat.

dissing jeezy's flow?? are u stupid?? do u even know what a good flow is?? listen to Chamillionaire for a second, then jeezy.... then listen to crappy nas. when nas raps, he doesn't know when to stop. just horrible. Chamillionaire takes the cake, he just fukin delivers every track.

vanilla ice sold like 10 million records, 50 sold alot more, and nas is in vanilla ice's territory. i don't know which one i'd rather listen to, they both suck.

unless ur stupid, there's ton of rappers that sold more then ice, how is he top 10 if he's hasn't sold in the top 10.... and still nas sucks worst then him lol. that's the sad part.

^^^^Ladies & Gents this n*gga is a male groupie that probably wants 2 get plugged by jeezy^^^^

Last edited by dolla101; 01-19-2007 at 06:38 PM..

12 years ago '04        #59
grydlok 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,966 | Props total: 3157 3157
Hmm Propz on Luda on going platinum.

I swear if Jigga catches Ti in numbers than that ni@@ is the greatest.

01-19-2007, 07:26 PM         #60
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bootsy said
I guess you don't read or count very well because 700,000 and 530,000 is nowhere near doubling anything.:rolleyes: If anyone is a gimmick it is Jeezy and all these other fly by night rappers.
YEAAAAHHHHH!!! NAS WONT COME CLOSE TO JEEZY

12 years ago '04        #61
JoeSatan 
space
space
$602 | Props total: 0 0
This vincetran mother fu*ker has to be one of the stupidest posters I have ever seen. So much ignorance, unbelievable...."sales = how great u are" HAHAHA what a goddamn joke. Dude doesn't know sh*t, let him listen to his Jeezy and "great music" simply based on sales....I'm gonna sit back roll a blunt and listen to illmatic, even thou the lyrical content of that cant even come close to jeezy.....fu*kin chump

01-19-2007, 08:55 PM         #62
Birdmane 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
da only reason nas is overratted to u cause he ova ur herd he to fu*king smart for ur dumb a.ss so u critique his legacy cuz jeezy aint got one even jeezy said he not a rapper and if jeezy a betta rappa y he apologized to nas cause he kno talking bout drugs aint kno y to win a battle so he cried to nas talking yea dont k!ll my career yeaaaaa i wana see jeezy make hits 10 yrs lata neva will happen nas ben doing it since 93 bi*ch

12 years ago '04        #63
Damus 
space
space
$759 | Props total: 0 0
Jeezey k!lla

12 years ago '04        #64
JoeSatan 
space
space
 VinceTran said
funny, Nas is so great?? so why he come to def jam to try to sell records?? ur retarded buddy. too bad he sucks too bad.
Nas is so great???....listen to his lyrics and take a trip through his discography and answer that question your self buddy. To each their own but if you dont think the dude has talent then you gotta be either deaf or extremely slow in the head. Why wouldn't he come to def jam to try to sell records, selling records means getting money and everyone enjoys money. But in true hip hop, hip hop that comes from the heart its the music over the money...and to follow up the "too bad he sucks too bad" hahaha come on buddy I cant even dignify that sh*t. If thats your oppinon then cool but you just proved you know pretty much nothing about real hip hop

12 years ago '04        #65
JoeSatan 
space
space
10 yrs later with his loyal fans, and still cant' beat out a 3 yr old rapper that "has no lyrical abilities". sad hey?? maybe if nas was a good rapper aka Jay Z, maybe he'd push albums. nas the MOAT.... most overrated all time.
Still basing all your comments on the sales=skill principle which is totally fu*ked but whatever works for your simple head. 10 yrs later with his loyal fans and he still can beat out jeezy in skills and lyrical ability, disagree with that if you want, im not here to prove a point to you, just pointing out the complete stupidity in your comments and total lack of knowledge for true hip hop......care to give me a list of your top 5 or 10 favorite MCs?

Last edited by JoeSatan; 01-19-2007 at 09:18 PM..

12 years ago '04        #66
JoeSatan 
space
space
I'm done wasting my time here, you dont know real hip hop...theres a difference...expand your horizons and maybe you'll see some real skill...you listen to that mainstream sh*t all the time, well unfourtnatly mainstream rap is on quite the downhill slide. Your the one actin like you dont know who nas is when your hating on him....the dudes done enough to certify him as a legend, not some overrated rapper as you seem to think

01-19-2007, 09:57 PM         #67
MzGangstaGirl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn soundscan so messy this week

Home      

most viewed right now
+118online now  31
Image(s) inside Malania Trump Ain't Got Sh!t On This First Lady
98 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+16online now  26
Video inside Thick chick lifting weights in the GYM!!!!!
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+124online now  26
The Best Pancakes Of The 90's
257 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+33online now  14
Video inside First look at Sonic the Hedgehog in his upcoming 'live-action' movie an..
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+26online now  13
Article inside NFL 2K Army is expanding, John David Washington Really Wants an NFL 2..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  12
Dec 10 - Teacher Fired For Refusing To Call Female Student by Preferred Pronouns
131 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+49online now  10
Video inside 20 Sports Hats You Should Never Wear In Los Angeles
159 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+42online now  10
Image(s) inside Why my hairline ain't straight like khaleds, why did bush knock down t..
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy