Jan 16 - Dj Drama and Dj Cannon Arrested!

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Should people be arrested for mixtapes?

Props Slaps
 01-17-2007, 06:53 AM         #81
LoganRage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phicmagic said:
Since i've worked with Drama personally, been to that studio...and actually know wassup a bit about the situation.

The Feds have no idea that these guys are the DJ's Hosting the Mixtapes, recording the songs with the actual artists, and so on...They think these 2 havej ust been downloading songs off limewire/kazaa/some p2p software and reselling them. They dont "Get" What it is Drama is doing lol. ANd its actually NOT the feds dealing with them. Its Police in RIAA Jackets trying to cover it up...Drama and Cannon been saying "fu*k the Police" on the radio alot lately and basically they got hit. My manager called me this morning to lemme know wassup...Im still waking up from the call right now lol. And basically the entire time they were packing sh*t up, throwin cuffs on Drama and Cannon, Drama kept screaming at them..."These are not BOOTLEGS, I WORK WITH THE ARTISTS, THESE CD'S CAN BE BOUGHT AT BEST BUY!!!"...lol

And yeah its true. All Gangsta Grillz cd's are actually Cleared. He gets them official/Cleared so much to the point that if u came to GA, you would see his mixtapes in bestbuys/circuit city/and FYE's all up and down GA(Not just atl).

He'll be aight once they start to question him, and actually understand what it is he and Cannon do, they'll be out.

For the record, they DO record the Gangsta Grillz series....The only time they dont work with the artist is when its an old song...but if u do the gangsta grillz mixtape, and you pay for Hosting(U can get the cheap package and u just get their drops an signatures over your tracks) then you will record in their studio, or at my job. I Know that for a fact.

SO their good, just gonna have to wait until someone actually understands what theyre trying to explain.
I hope that's true, man, because if these guys get forced out of the mixtape game, we're in bad shape for the future. DJ Drama and DJ Cannon...keep y'all head up man, it ain't nothing gonna bring y'all down, especially no bullsh*t charge with no base in fact.

Glad I wasn't there though, I'm that n*gga you just gotta shoot. (no Ice Cube)
 11 years ago '04        #82
elawhor 
space
space
$727 | Props total: 49 49
the government is bullsh*t...local, state, federal...if they are bustin drama and cannon for hustlin their own cd's it sheds a little light that the fudz were lookin for some other sh*t and they wastin our money and time on this type of sh*t....i don't understand this though, they can bust the dj's 4 makin their own sh*t but they don't bust down on music retail chains like Manifest for sellin them...i saw the dj drama little brother mixtape in a Manifest...if its illegal then everybody should get busted...it just proves that "they" don't wanna see any positivity from a black man on his OWN hustle...bullsh*t...FREE DRAM and CANNONNN!!
 01-17-2007, 07:03 AM         #83
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well....Its more Aphilliates Left besides the Two of them...SO I mean more than likely Sense or somebody will just pick up the slack lol.

Like I said, the cops dont realize these guys are doing things that some LABELS have actually paid them to do. The cops seriously think these guys are making playlists off sh*t they download off limewire or sommin, throwing a "Cute Cover" on it and re-selling it. They dont realize what they do is promotional cd's for the "Underground" Fans of the artists. I know for a fact Def Jam and its companies paid Drama on more then one occasion for Jeezy's sh*t and Rick Ross's sh*t. Infact Rick Ross decided not to drop that Carol City Cartel right away, and the label tried to delay payment. Drama took his contract to them right away and they were forced to pay him right then.

He's not a DJ Who just makes a "Hot 16" Track Playlist and throws it on their. He works with the artist to come up with the best possible tape, gets the artists label/backing to okay it, sign off on it, and he distributes them...They sell them in Major Chains like best buy/ circuit city/ and fye. If I have to i'll take pictures of the "Gangsta Grillz"Section in the best buy over in Sandy Springs GA, and even Macon GA....These guys are alot more official...Im from NYC(Just moved here a year an a half ago) and I know their way more official about their sh*t then Kay Slay has ever been......CLue to.
 01-17-2007, 07:13 AM         #84
Lake85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the RIAA are retarded. i don't beliveve Drama's gonna serve any time and will end up filing a lawsuit against them. they just basically did the man a favor cause the lawsuit's gonna cash out real good for Drama and Cannon.

and for the record Drama isn't black. He's Arab.
 11 years ago '05        #85
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
You guys think they know about this site?? lol They proabably do.
 11 years ago '06        #86
BigRed912 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,195 | Props total: 2574 2574
Thats some crazy sh*t!
 01-17-2007, 07:52 AM         #87
Guyser302 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
police jumped out on me the feds be following me on some real sh*t they jump out on me at a gas station. Thought i was selling dope and they were mad i had nothing and i was laughing in there face. They were pissed 4 different cars 4 narc, and i had just saw my boy at the store and he was like you need a zone and the left 5 minute later they jump out on me
 11 years ago '06        #88
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
big brother is a big pain in the balls
 01-17-2007, 08:11 AM         #89
YOUNG H.A.Z. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rippac4 said:
what?

DAMN U DIDNT GET WHAT HE WAS TRYIN TO SAY??? U SERIOUS???
 11 years ago '04        #90
jomarie 
space
space
$728 | Props total: 1 1
Corny a.ss Cops Mad A n*gga Makin Money, But Wanna Comment On Unemployment When He Provided Jobs! This Cat Has Mouths To Feed Like The SWAT Team! How Bout Go Lock Up These Crooked a.ss Cops, Get Internal Affairs On That sh*t! The fu*king Government Is The Reason Behind 9/11 And Ya'll Goin After DJ's! The fu*k Outta Here! To Whomever's Reading This... Check Out The Documentary "Loose Change Pt.2"

FREE DRAMA & CANNON

"GANGSTA GRIIIZZZILLLLLZZ

TO THE SWAT TEAM... :finger:
I BET DRAMA WAS LOOKING LIKE... :wtf:
THEY AINT EVEN HAVE TIME TO...
 01-17-2007, 08:20 AM         #91
Connections 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

free drama and cannon image!!!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #92
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,041 | Props total: 815 815
how ironic that members of this site actually support the riaa
 01-17-2007, 08:26 AM         #93
YOUNG H.A.Z. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dalmavs04 said:
Don't be ignorant. God, people will do and say anything to make something a race issue. Believe it or not, not every cop or task force agent in Atlanta is white. Stop living in the 1950's.

NO, BUT THE ONE'S GIVING THEM THE ORDERS TO DO sh*t LIKE THIS ARE... U CAN BET THAT. LOL:finger:
 11 years ago '04        #94
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19 OP
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
"Free Drama" shirts.... could be big.
 01-17-2007, 08:52 AM         #95
blackshampoo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
propz for the article. notice one of the police had an RIAA jacket one.
 11 years ago '05        #96
4evaYoung 
space
space
$598 | Props total: 0 0
(Dj Drama on the mic )Its gangsta Grillz u bastards! (cops come in) Get your hands up so i can seem them! Dj Drama:"Ok so this is how its gonna be huh?
Don Cannon:" Yo Sense get the... Cannon!' lol
 01-17-2007, 09:03 AM         #97
YOUNG H.A.Z. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Yall Need To Tighten Up.... Please Would Everyone Stop Talkin About This Site Like Its Involved In Illegal Music Trading Activity.... This Is A Place To Come Get Some News And Good Conversation, Thats It.... Download Limewire If U Lookin To Bootleg... Damn, Lol
 11 years ago '07        #98
foshogg 
space
space
space
$129 | Props total: 0 0
How the F*&K u get arrested for selling YOUR OWN DAMN MIXTAPES?!!!
 01-17-2007, 09:19 AM         #99
Gamberro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo, fu*k clearin samples. Any one that worried about how much MONEY they music makes shouldn't be allowed to be a musical artist in the first place. That would solve so much bull sh*t.

STOP TAXING ART. It's more religious than any church I'VE ever known.
 11 years ago '04        #100
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
sad how they took the Bimmer and that box with beans name on it was funny
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy