Jan 16 - Dj Drama and Dj Cannon Arrested!

most viewed right now
 50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA ALL Nike "City" Uniforms Leaked via 2K
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Boxden NY will be upset! Cardi B bought offset a wraith. Let the hate b..
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
153 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Should people be arrested for mixtapes?

Props Slaps
 01-17-2007, 12:03 AM         #61
yungblackgifted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah....and you tell me what artist wouldn't wanna be on that mixtape? I think what it is comin at is how the artist gives tracks to dj's....the company heads came together and said no, these are not yours to give out. They want in on our mixtapes too, they say its like a billion dollar business...they are trying to send a message.Yungblackgifted2 (12:56:05 AM): they want in....a nickel bag get sold in the park, they want in....a mixtape gets sold on the corner, they want in

How i feel about the situation...had to borrow it, im not typin it over
 11 years ago '04        #62
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,214 | Props total: 2113 2113
 DJ Maximum said:
Wow This Is Sad Its There Mixtapes

U Can Get Arrested For Selling Ur Own sh*t

WTF Thats There Music
I think you have to have the record companys permission to use the track on the mixtape....not the artist...but then they gonna have to start arresting every fu*kin dj around...Ti better bail them dudes out...the cops want dudes to go back to doing some violent sh*t to get paid instead of trying to do this rap thing...

Last edited by persuazion; 01-17-2007 at 12:13 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #63
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
 JoLo said:
That "FOR PROMO USE ONLY" sticker ain't fooling nobody. That's like me selling dime bags with free weed in it. The contents is still illegal and I'm still getting charged.
what?
 11 years ago '04        #64
damedolla 
space
space
space
$811 | Props total: 0 0
free dj drama!!
 11 years ago '04        #65
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 thegraphixking said:
damn, can't even DJ no more......hiphop ain't dead but they damn shole workin on k!llin dat bi*ch
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
 11 years ago '05        #66
RareSound 
space
space
$243 | Props total: 0 0
Believe it or not if you sign a deal with J Records, you are not supposed to be hustling another project on the side. That is a serious breach of contract. Anything (musical) that artist does while signed to that label, has to be directly approved by the label. Not just that, managers also have to get a cut. If these people aren't getting paid, and your dumb a.ss is on the front of a Gangsta Grillz CD, you are going to get got by the label... However, I don't believe that it is illeagal.

I think the reason they are being arrested is because some of their CD's have the hottest new singles mixed together...or R&B jams or whatever... Even if the artist leaks you that material, it is illeagal to sell for profit without proper liscensing. It always has been.

What you guys should be hoping for is that since they got bread, they can get good lawyers.

I don't know if any of you are old enough to remeber this but Luke went to war with the music industry suits back in the early nineties.

This looks like, with the right backing, could be another situation like that.

Either way it goes, you all should find a way to support the efforts because this was our only way to make a buck off of the industry that has gotten rich off of our style. The way they did it is criminal too. They have r*ped us with these contracts for years.

When it is your time to be heard, stand up and scream at the top of your lungs.

Last edited by RareSound; 01-17-2007 at 01:15 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #67
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Skilllz said:
Damn, I thought they had some coke or weed in that bi*ch.

Same thing i was thinkin but it's about some damn mixtapes and cd's. n*ggaz can't have shyt.
 11 years ago '06        #68
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 RareSound said:
Believe it or not if you sign a deal with J Records, you are not supposed to be hustling another project on the side. That is a serious breach of contract. Anything (musical) that artist does while signed to that label, has to be directly approved by the label. Not just that, managers also have to get a cut. If these people aren't getting paid, and your dumb a.ss is on the front of a Gangsta Grillz CD, you are going to get got by the label... However, I don't believe that it is illeagal.

I think the reason they are being arrested is because some of their CD's have the hottest new singles mixed together...or R&B jams or whatever... Even if the artist leaks you that material, it is illeagal to sell for profit without proper liscensing. It always has been.

What you guys should be hoping for is that since they got bread, they can get good lawyers.

I don't know if any of you are old enough to remeber this but Luke went to war with the music industry suits back in the early nineties.

This looks like, with the right backing, could be another situation like that.

Either way it goes, you all should find a way to support the efforts because this was our only way to make a buck off of the industry that has gotten rich off of our style. The way they did it is criminal too. They have r*ped us with these contracts for years.

When it is your time to be heard, stand up and scream at the top of your lungs.
Yeah i remember that shyt.
 11 years ago '04        #69
quamir14 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 0 0
 Connections said:
lol wtf, I thought drama and cannon get permission to use all that sh*t, they probly didnt pay no tax to the govt or some sh*t....

thats my thoughts why they got taken down...

I THOUGHT THEY GOT PERMISSION TOO, IT LOOK LIKE ALL MIX CDS... THEY HAD ALL THE EQUIPMENT IN THE STUDIO FOR ARTISTS TO COME AND RECORD RIGHT THERE.... PROBALBLY RIGHT ABOUT NOT PAYING NO TAXES TO THE GOVT...
 01-17-2007, 01:39 AM         #70
BoyBlock580 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man thats sum bullsh*t! but yo where da damn jukebox i cant find that sh*t for nothin!!
 11 years ago '06        #71
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
Free Drama

Damn Shame Muhfu*kas Try To Do Rite And This Bullsh*t Happens...She Sounded All Upset When There Was No So Called Other Illegal Activities In That Bi*ch
 11 years ago '04        #72
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
It they got locked up for copying retail cd's would be ok, but for mixtapes?
 01-17-2007, 02:20 AM         #73
djdoublec 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They went to the biggest selling first.

I'm curious to see who's next.

Last edited by djdoublec; 01-17-2007 at 02:34 AM..
 01-17-2007, 02:32 AM         #74
dalmavs04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 blizzard said:
Who the fu*k did they p!ss off?

Hate to make this a race issue but white people are hilarious. Solve SOME REAL CRIME!
Don't be ignorant. God, people will do and say anything to make something a race issue. Believe it or not, not every cop or task force agent in Atlanta is white. Stop living in the 1950's.
 01-17-2007, 05:00 AM         #75
King Juels 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That means all the upcoming artists that sent their sh*t to Drama to work on and paid their cash, is sh*t out of luck! They seized all studio equipment and CD's and are going to destroy of all it.
 11 years ago '06        #76
loudobbs 
space
space
$456 | Props total: 8 8
Glad im in canada
 11 years ago '04        #77
Thirdeye 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 4 4
what the fu*k? why is it wrong to sell your own mixtapes?this is stupid.I wonder who's next tho.Maybe big mike?
 11 years ago '04        #78
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 463 463
man this is nothing new,they been doing this sh*t for years

drama and cannon should be a lil more smarter then this sh*t tho,i mean u never hear about clue or kayslay gettin caught doing this sh*t.

the reason why its illegal to sell mixtapes is because the dj's(and artist most of the time)don't own the music.this sh*t has been happening tho,mixtape spots get shut down all the time,drama and cannon are just high profile.

Last edited by mt fuji; 01-17-2007 at 06:40 AM..
 01-17-2007, 06:45 AM         #79
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Since i've worked with Drama personally, been to that studio...and actually know wassup a bit about the situation.

The Feds have no idea that these guys are the DJ's Hosting the Mixtapes, recording the songs with the actual artists, and so on...They think these 2 havej ust been downloading songs off limewire/kazaa/some p2p software and reselling them. They dont "Get" What it is Drama is doing lol. ANd its actually NOT the feds dealing with them. Its Police in RIAA Jackets trying to cover it up...Drama and Cannon been saying "fu*k the Police" on the radio alot lately and basically they got hit. My manager called me this morning to lemme know wassup...Im still waking up from the call right now lol. And basically the entire time they were packing sh*t up, throwin cuffs on Drama and Cannon, Drama kept screaming at them..."These are not BOOTLEGS, I WORK WITH THE ARTISTS, THESE CD'S CAN BE BOUGHT AT BEST BUY!!!"...lol

And yeah its true. All Gangsta Grillz cd's are actually Cleared. He gets them official/Cleared so much to the point that if u came to GA, you would see his mixtapes in bestbuys/circuit city/and FYE's all up and down GA(Not just atl).

He'll be aight once they start to question him, and actually understand what it is he and Cannon do, they'll be out.

For the record, they DO record the Gangsta Grillz series....The only time they dont work with the artist is when its an old song...but if u do the gangsta grillz mixtape, and you pay for Hosting(U can get the cheap package and u just get their drops an signatures over your tracks) then you will record in their studio, or at my job. I Know that for a fact.

SO their good, just gonna have to wait until someone actually understands what theyre trying to explain.
 01-17-2007, 06:52 AM         #80
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phicmagic said:
Since i've worked with Drama personally, been to that studio...and actually know wassup a bit about the situation.

The Feds have no idea that these guys are the DJ's Hosting the Mixtapes, recording the songs with the actual artists, and so on...They think these 2 havej ust been downloading songs off limewire/kazaa/some p2p software and reselling them. They dont "Get" What it is Drama is doing lol. ANd its actually NOT the feds dealing with them. Its Police in RIAA Jackets trying to cover it up...Drama and Cannon been saying "fu*k the Police" on the radio alot lately and basically they got hit. My manager called me this morning to lemme know wassup...Im still waking up from the call right now lol. And basically the entire time they were packing sh*t up, throwin cuffs on Drama and Cannon, Drama kept screaming at them..."These are not BOOTLEGS, I WORK WITH THE ARTISTS, THESE CD'S CAN BE BOUGHT AT BEST BUY!!!"...lol

And yeah its true. All Gangsta Grillz cd's are actually Cleared. He gets them official/Cleared so much to the point that if u came to GA, you would see his mixtapes in bestbuys/circuit city/and FYE's all up and down GA(Not just atl).

He'll be aight once they start to question him, and actually understand what it is he and Cannon do, they'll be out.

For the record, they DO record the Gangsta Grillz series....The only time they dont work with the artist is when its an old song...but if u do the gangsta grillz mixtape, and you pay for Hosting(U can get the cheap package and u just get their drops an signatures over your tracks) then you will record in their studio, or at my job. I Know that for a fact.

SO their good, just gonna have to wait until someone actually understands what theyre trying to explain.

Damn from what your saying thats some stupid sh*t. How can they not know it is actually there mixtapes, dont they have their faces on some of those mixtapes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
196 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
81 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
13 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
59 comments
1 day ago