Jan 16 - Dj Drama and Dj Cannon Arrested!

most viewed right now
80 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Should people be arrested for mixtapes?

12 years ago '04        #51
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,878 | Props total: 289 289
thats soooo f*cked up....hate to hear this specially as an aspiring DJ

12 years ago '06        #52
anseltmchs 5 heat pts
space
space
$637 | Props total: 224 224
if u start selling copies of doctors advocate it's bootlegging.

if you sell a cd with various artist songs it's bootlegging.

most mixtapes are bootlegs unless authorized by the artist.

gangsta grillz are not bootlegs, because the labels and artist are involved in the process

12 years ago '04        #53
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 850 850
Free Drama and Cannon

12 years ago '06        #54
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,831 | Props total: 226 226
gangsta grills as like all mixtapes ITS PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY.. mixtapes are used to promote people...
and LOL LOOK AT T.i's Plaque

12 years ago '05        #55
rippac4 
space
space
$14,512 | Props total: 1672 1672
damn they have a Anti Piracy Unit at the police station, damn wasting tax payers money

01-16-2007, 11:36 PM         #56
JoLo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That "FOR PROMO USE ONLY" sticker ain't fooling nobody. That's like me selling dime bags with free weed in it. The contents is still illegal and I'm still getting charged.

01-16-2007, 11:39 PM         #57
yungblackgifted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FREEE DJ DRAMA>>>>FREE DJ CANNON...BULLsh*t

01-16-2007, 11:45 PM         #58
PaineBishop 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is some bullsh*t

01-16-2007, 11:46 PM         #59
leather face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all you that support this are brainwashed, mixtapes have always been a part of hiphop, but now the corportions want their cut. fu*kem

12 years ago '04        #60
BrBHZ 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,955 | Props total: 4013 4013
thats some Bullsh*t right there.....

01-17-2007, 12:03 AM         #61
yungblackgifted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah....and you tell me what artist wouldn't wanna be on that mixtape? I think what it is comin at is how the artist gives tracks to dj's....the company heads came together and said no, these are not yours to give out. They want in on our mixtapes too, they say its like a billion dollar business...they are trying to send a message.Yungblackgifted2 (12:56:05 AM): they want in....a nickel bag get sold in the park, they want in....a mixtape gets sold on the corner, they want in

How i feel about the situation...had to borrow it, im not typin it over

12 years ago '04        #62
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,636 | Props total: 3239 3239
 DJ Maximum said
Wow This Is Sad Its There Mixtapes

U Can Get Arrested For Selling Ur Own sh*t

WTF Thats There Music
I think you have to have the record companys permission to use the track on the mixtape....not the artist...but then they gonna have to start arresting every fu*kin dj around...Ti better bail them dudes out...the cops want dudes to go back to doing some violent sh*t to get paid instead of trying to do this rap thing...

Last edited by persuazion; 01-17-2007 at 12:13 AM..

12 years ago '05        #63
rippac4 
space
space
$14,512 | Props total: 1672 1672
 JoLo said
That "FOR PROMO USE ONLY" sticker ain't fooling nobody. That's like me selling dime bags with free weed in it. The contents is still illegal and I'm still getting charged.
what?

12 years ago '04        #64
damedolla 
space
space
space
$811 | Props total: 0 0
free dj drama!!

12 years ago '04        #65
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 thegraphixking said
damn, can't even DJ no more......hiphop ain't dead but they damn shole workin on k!llin dat bi*ch
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

12 years ago '05        #66
RareSound 
space
space
$243 | Props total: 0 0
Believe it or not if you sign a deal with J Records, you are not supposed to be hustling another project on the side. That is a serious breach of contract. Anything (musical) that artist does while signed to that label, has to be directly approved by the label. Not just that, managers also have to get a cut. If these people aren't getting paid, and your dumb a.ss is on the front of a Gangsta Grillz CD, you are going to get got by the label... However, I don't believe that it is illeagal.

I think the reason they are being arrested is because some of their CD's have the hottest new singles mixed together...or R&B jams or whatever... Even if the artist leaks you that material, it is illeagal to sell for profit without proper liscensing. It always has been.

What you guys should be hoping for is that since they got bread, they can get good lawyers.

I don't know if any of you are old enough to remeber this but Luke went to war with the music industry suits back in the early nineties.

This looks like, with the right backing, could be another situation like that.

Either way it goes, you all should find a way to support the efforts because this was our only way to make a buck off of the industry that has gotten rich off of our style. The way they did it is criminal too. They have r*ped us with these contracts for years.

When it is your time to be heard, stand up and scream at the top of your lungs.

Last edited by RareSound; 01-17-2007 at 01:15 AM..

12 years ago '06        #67
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,500 | Props total: 1875 1875
 Skilllz said
Damn, I thought they had some coke or weed in that bi*ch.

Same thing i was thinkin but it's about some damn mixtapes and cd's. n*ggaz can't have shyt.

12 years ago '06        #68
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,500 | Props total: 1875 1875
 RareSound said
Believe it or not if you sign a deal with J Records, you are not supposed to be hustling another project on the side. That is a serious breach of contract. Anything (musical) that artist does while signed to that label, has to be directly approved by the label. Not just that, managers also have to get a cut. If these people aren't getting paid, and your dumb a.ss is on the front of a Gangsta Grillz CD, you are going to get got by the label... However, I don't believe that it is illeagal.

I think the reason they are being arrested is because some of their CD's have the hottest new singles mixed together...or R&B jams or whatever... Even if the artist leaks you that material, it is illeagal to sell for profit without proper liscensing. It always has been.

What you guys should be hoping for is that since they got bread, they can get good lawyers.

I don't know if any of you are old enough to remeber this but Luke went to war with the music industry suits back in the early nineties.

This looks like, with the right backing, could be another situation like that.

Either way it goes, you all should find a way to support the efforts because this was our only way to make a buck off of the industry that has gotten rich off of our style. The way they did it is criminal too. They have r*ped us with these contracts for years.

When it is your time to be heard, stand up and scream at the top of your lungs.
Yeah i remember that shyt.

12 years ago '04        #69
quamir14 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 0 0
 Connections said
lol wtf, I thought drama and cannon get permission to use all that sh*t, they probly didnt pay no tax to the govt or some sh*t....

thats my thoughts why they got taken down...

I THOUGHT THEY GOT PERMISSION TOO, IT LOOK LIKE ALL MIX CDS... THEY HAD ALL THE EQUIPMENT IN THE STUDIO FOR ARTISTS TO COME AND RECORD RIGHT THERE.... PROBALBLY RIGHT ABOUT NOT PAYING NO TAXES TO THE GOVT...

01-17-2007, 01:39 AM         #70
BoyBlock580 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man thats sum bullsh*t! but yo where da damn jukebox i cant find that sh*t for nothin!!

12 years ago '06        #71
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,481 | Props total: 356 356
Free Drama

Damn Shame Muhfu*kas Try To Do Rite And This Bullsh*t Happens...She Sounded All Upset When There Was No So Called Other Illegal Activities In That Bi*ch

12 years ago '04        #72
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
It they got locked up for copying retail cd's would be ok, but for mixtapes?

01-17-2007, 02:20 AM         #73
djdoublec 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They went to the biggest selling first.

I'm curious to see who's next.

Last edited by djdoublec; 01-17-2007 at 02:34 AM..

01-17-2007, 02:32 AM         #74
dalmavs04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 blizzard said
Who the fu*k did they p!ss off?

Hate to make this a race issue but white people are hilarious. Solve SOME REAL CRIME!
Don't be ignorant. God, people will do and say anything to make something a race issue. Believe it or not, not every cop or task force agent in Atlanta is white. Stop living in the 1950's.

01-17-2007, 05:00 AM         #75
King Juels 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That means all the upcoming artists that sent their sh*t to Drama to work on and paid their cash, is sh*t out of luck! They seized all studio equipment and CD's and are going to destroy of all it.

Home      

most viewed right now
-17online now  60
MMA Conor McGregor Accused Of Rape?
45 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-70online now  40
Mom of 4 looking for a guy to hang out with
266 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+49online now  37
Dec 12 - College teacher fired for having too much booty
107 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+36online now  17
Video inside Metal Heads React To "I Gave You Power" By Nas
56 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+121online now  14
"But but but Tupac tried to be gangsta"
81 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
How Lean Became Rapís Most Wanted Drug
98 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside So Daz is a liar. Reggie Wright Jr Denies Daz Fought Him or Suge, Says ..
59 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+85online now  11
Kodak Black walks out of Hot97 interview after Ebro mentions sexual assault al..
367 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy