Jan 16 - Dj Drama and Dj Cannon Arrested!

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Should people be arrested for mixtapes?

01-16-2007, 10:06 PM         #26
A.R.M.A.N.I V.2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they hostin artists mixtapes so im sure they using the artists songs and freestyles w/ permission.

edit: i dont think he bought the beats they freestyle on...its probably copyright issues

01-16-2007, 10:07 PM         #27
$HOWTIME 17 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JoLo said
Drama doesn't record all the songs on his CD's. Most of the songs are from artists retail albums. So for him to burn them then resell them online, yea that's illegal. That's like any one of us downloading a bunch of singles from here then burning it and selling it around. You going down!
and so yall know.... if they find these n*ggaz guilty, the sittin for a min considerin how many mixtapes they got caught wit... lol @ how brand new the fuccin news is to this like he aint been aaaaaaaaaaall across america, in every magazine, wit every artist, and even signed to grnad hustle.... doin this

he gone have so many rappers testify for him tho... he good as sh*t cuz they MAKE the music.

01-16-2007, 10:08 PM         #28
dotunolas 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DAMN that F UPed HIPHOP POLICE NOW IN ATL

DAMN DJ Drama Really Got some Drama now And that Cannon bout to Blow Now

12 years ago '04        #29
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,970 | Props total: 3618 3618
Mixtapes are supposed to be sold for artwork only.. When somebody buys a mixtape they're supposed to be buying it on account of the artwork(cd cover).. because the music on mixtapes normally has rappers rapping on other beats, samples not cleared etc..

12 years ago '06        #30
homme 60 heat pts60
space
space
$9,706 | Props total: 2450 2450
another example of police with nothing better 2 do.....i bet there pround of themselves like they accomplished somthing to benefit the neighborhoods or city......its there own music so how are they stealing? fu*kin pointless:banghead:

01-16-2007, 10:12 PM         #31
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CTre said
Mixtapes are supposed to be sold for artwork only.. When somebody buys a mixtape they're supposed to be buying it on account of the artwork(cd cover).. because the music on mixtapes normally has rappers rapping on other beats, samples not cleared etc..
lol, images on the cover aren't cleared either - people don't pay the rights to sell the images over and over.

12 years ago '06        #32
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,798 | Props total: 136 136
 ThaCarter407 said
another example of police with nothing better 2 do.....i bet there pround of themselves like they accomplished somthing to benefit the neighborhoods or city......its there own music so how are they stealing? fu*kin pointless:banghead:
so define crime....non intellectual properties??

12 years ago '04        #33
fiyababygurl 
space
space
space
$236 | Props total: 0 0
 Skilllz said
Damn, I thought they had some coke or weed in that bi*ch.
sh*t....i ain't gon front...thats the first thing that came to my mind...or a shooting

12 years ago '04        #34
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,708 | Props total: 4059 4059
I'm SERIOUSLY pissed off after watching this sh*t

12 years ago '04        #35
Dosia 
space
space
$1,609 | Props total: 0 0
actually mixtapes can be beneficial to artists because its gets their name around. seriously though. dont these cops have better things to do then bust people for burning cd's?

01-16-2007, 10:26 PM         #36
JoLo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think what happened was the police was a.ssuming that they was selling drugs and/or had weapons in the studio because of the nice cars and traffic, raided the studio only to find mass amounts of CD's, so arrested them on that bullsh*t charge just so they didn't waste there time with the warrant. I don't think any other DJ's have nothing to worry about because I hope they are smart enough to handle there business in a business location, not some recording studio in the hood.

12 years ago '04        #37
CentsCuZ 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
$11,192 | Props total: 1266 1266
 $HOWTIME 17 said
"people say this is a big problem in atlanta"

problem? tha artist seein fatter checks..... tha labels savin on promotion..... and tha streets gettin new music faster

WHO THA FUCC'S COMPLAININ'?!?!?
Word is that the RIAA tipped off the FEDS, and the FEDS had SWAT take them down.

12 years ago '04        #38
Big Shaq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,006 | Props total: 235 235
those all looked like mixtapes to me

whats wrong with that????

12 years ago '04        #39
CentsCuZ 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
$11,192 | Props total: 1266 1266
This isn't going to stop here. There have been dozens of raids like these over the past year or so targeting smaller retailers of mixtapes.

I wouldn't be surprised if other big sites which sell mixtapes are shut down soon as well.

01-16-2007, 10:44 PM         #40
thegraphixking 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, can't even DJ no more......hiphop ain't dead but they damn shole workin on k!llin dat bi*ch

12 years ago '06        #41
Qbert 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,930 | Props total: 5613 5613
lmao @ SWAT

12 years ago '06        #42
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,831 | Props total: 226 226
ok them cops are STUPID those ARENT BOOTLEGS..
THOSE ARE MIXTAPES.. THAT THEY CREATE... DUMBASSES.. talking about those are fu*king bootleg cds... if their were bootleg cds WHY THE fu*k IS IT LABELED... IT GOT COVERS THAT SAYS THEIR NAMES.. WTF IS UP WID DEM...
*burns all the gangsta grills mixtapes* *sells them * Snitches On self*. and watch NO COPS COME.

12 years ago '06        #43
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,831 | Props total: 226 226
they were looking for something.... guns and sh*t THEY FOUND NOTHING they were clean.. fu*k this man

12 years ago '04        #44
BobTheBuilder 
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 529 529
for those who dont know artists pay for them to do there mixtapes the only crime they prolly committed is payin taxes on that sh*t after people buy it if thats the case if your an upcoming artist you betta not freestyle ova nobody beat cause they comin for ya

01-16-2007, 11:01 PM         #45
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This sh*t is rediculous. Young black men getting rich off of their own sh*t and the RIAA wanna fu*kin shut sh*t down. sh*t got me heated right now.

12 years ago '05        #46
skilliona12e 1 heat pts
space
space
$500 | Props total: 17 17
this is the wildest sh*t ive eva heard! i hope them dudes dont go out like this....GANGSTA GRILLZ FOR LIFE!

01-16-2007, 11:11 PM         #47
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k that.........feds are wack, go bother some terrorist, seize sh*t from them.

01-16-2007, 11:16 PM         #48
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OOps said
fu*k that.........feds are wack, go bother some terrorist, seize sh*t from them.
that's why they crack down on this sh*t - terrorist are some of the biggest bootleggers in the world.

01-16-2007, 11:17 PM         #49
Dr. X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
drama make big money thats why he got busted

12 years ago '06        #50
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$35,935 | Props total: 19614 19614
 DJ Maximum said
Wow This Is Sad Its There Mixtapes

U Can Get Arrested For Selling Ur Own sh*t

WTF Thats There Music

all them beats thos rapper rap over is copyright

they cant just take it they got 2 pay for it

Home      

most viewed right now
+53online now  31
Would you let Superhead give you top?
142 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+174online now  27
Image(s) inside Woman sh-ts on ALL Men Under 6 feet tall then gets Ethered
169 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside TEKASHI69 6IX9INE has OFFICIALLY TURNED DOWN his life saving PLEA DEAL ..
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+56online now  21
Image(s) inside My boy got them Concords for the LOW low
58 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Uh Oh: LA Rising Star BLUEFACE Got BOOED OFF STAGE & MIC CUT OFF AT Uz..
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+119online now  10
Image(s) inside White Justice: Woman to spend time in jail every June for 10 years
98 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside Here's is a review of the console Soulja Boy rebranded.
41 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+21online now  6
Image(s) inside Looks Like Nicki Minaj Found Her Kevin Federline
129 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy