Jan 15 - Jim Jones is the first independent artist to take the No.1 spot on Billboard

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Now thats Ballin'???

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #1
6192 pageviews
87 comments

MΛζ†Д VεNфM™ 
space
space
$2,551 | Props total: 2 2
Jan 15 - Jim Jones is the first independent artist to take the No.1 spot on Billboard

Rapper Jim Jones has become the first independent artist to take the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s Hot Ringmaster’s Chart, with his smash single “We Fly High...”

The extremely popular ringtone has sold 1.1 million Mastertones, according to Nielsen Ringscan, reaching platinum status after 15 weeks on the charts. The runaway hit has also landed at No. 1 on the Billboard R&B and Rap chart, after 19 weeks. Jones’ latest album, Hustler’s P.O.M.E., remains on top of the Billboard Independent Chart, where it debuted nine weeks ago. At the time of its release, Hustler’s P.O.M.E. took the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Rap Chart and the No. 6 spot on Billboard’s Top 200.

On Jan. 24, 2007, Jim Jones will host the grand finale ceremony for the Achieve Your Dreams Poetry Contest at the Magic Johnson Theater in New York City. The contest was conceived by the nonprofit Entertainers 4 Education Alliance to encourage at-risk youth to pursue higher education and their dreams. The contestants were asked to write a poem describing how they will achieve their dreams, like Jim Jones has done with his. The winner will be selected by Jimmy, the Entertainers 4 Education Alliance staff, and a panel of celebrity and music-industry judges. The lucky person will receive a book stipend for their first year of college, as well as an internship with Diplomat Records. “I am very excited about this event,” said Jim. “We received hundreds of poem submissions from students from around the city and narrowed it down to the finalist. I just want students to know that they can be anything they want to be if they believe they can and work hard. I am happy that I can make a difference.”

Source: XXL

Last edited by MΛζ†Д VεNфM™; 01-15-2007 at 06:57 AM..

87 comments for "Jan 15 - Jim Jones is the first independent artist to take the No.1 spot on Billboard"

11 years ago '04        #2
9thFloorManiac 
space
space
$570 | Props total: 13 13
that's quite an achievement for Jim Jones.
 01-15-2007, 07:28 AM         #3
ALLSCREWEDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn that dude is a straight up hustler man big props to Jim Jones man dipset in the building purple city byrd gang taliban capo status . . . On a serious note though IMO opinion he is obnoxious to listen too . . . As ya'll can see I do like the way all of dipset takes the last two minutes of each song saying stupid a.ss phrases like the one I did above . . . I think they are reallt the only artists who do that . . . What is the average age of a Dipset fan anyways gotta be like 16-19 with bad hearing???
 11 years ago '04        #4
Skammy Gee 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,210 | Props total: 109 109
chi chingh chi ching!!!!!
 01-15-2007, 07:53 AM         #5
onjdagreat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont matter how many ring tones he sells, hes garbage and him and dipset are the most over rated group in all of rap
 11 years ago '04        #6
mista_millz 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,747 | Props total: 1278 1278
fu*k that sh*t

wasnt lil jon indy too?

dude sold 2 mils

i guess its just luck and wonderful timing for jimmy
 11 years ago '04        #7
pic 
space
space
space
$422 | Props total: 172 172
All of that achievement doesn't necessarily coincide with him making millions of dollars. Don't be fooled. He and the dipset are still garbage. ONE
 01-15-2007, 08:16 AM         #8
catchaBreath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jim Jones is garbage.
 11 years ago '06        #9
King Dutch 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,424 | Props total: 18 18
lots of haters on this thread. don't hate appreciate
 11 years ago '07        #10
zynnlahh 
space
space
space
$1,873 | Props total: 819 819
Props
 11 years ago '05        #11
mega montana 1 
space
space
space
$164 | Props total: 0 0
love to jr writer, hell rell, 40 cal, jim, cam them boys gutter n*ggas on the grind makin the green and cats is forever hatin, u boys need to spread love not war u grimey haters
 01-15-2007, 08:33 AM         #12
Leroy Brown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats dope

But aint Koch giving Dipset Problems with their $$
 11 years ago '04        #13
ASUS 
space
space
space
$236 | Props total: 5 5
Dipset All Day
 01-15-2007, 08:56 AM         #14
Quiksilver 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Props to him
 01-15-2007, 08:59 AM         #15
Mickmont 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I aint A big fan of Jim Jones @ all but i give respect when respect is due, thats an ill accomplishment, and he do owe Jay a lil bit 2 the roc got hi name out there to begin with
 11 years ago '05        #16
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
<_<......>_>.......<_<....

Bbbbbaaaallllllliiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #17
MyZ28 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,157 | Props total: 1263 1263
wasnt Master P and no Limit independent too. Im sure they had several #1 records.
 11 years ago '04        #18
r_lou13 
space
space
$1,584 | Props total: 0 0
lmao at goin plat for RINGTONES. i ain't hatin though,i like how jim jones admitted the only way he got so successful is booby trappin Jay into responding and sh*t. how you gonna bring that much attention to a n*gga when if u ignore him u gonna ether him even worse.
 11 years ago '04        #19
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
at yall thinkin this is an achievement.. this is about RINGTONES
 11 years ago '05        #20
dzuki77 
space
space
$1,442 | Props total: 66 66
 r_lou13 said:
lmao at goin plat for RINGTONES. i ain't hatin though,i like how jim jones admitted the only way he got so successful is booby trappin Jay into responding and sh*t. how you gonna bring that much attention to a n*gga when if u ignore him u gonna ether him even worse.
Good for Jim Jones. he knows the new generation of fans just goes off beef and other silly sh*t. That's a true hustler move there. These Dipset n*ggas know Jay-Z will k!ll em all in his sleep (lyrically) and they ain't serious about nothing they say to him. Jay should have never responded. lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago