Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-29-2007, 04:47 PM         #101
IceCreamMan17 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kosterzoo said:
Knee Flexion or 'Leg Curls' are still an important movement so I wouldn't suggest getting rid of them. And in a routine they'd go BEFORE Hip Extension because of their fast twitch nature. In fact if you did leg curls, toes pointed (goes without say). Then followed that with your Romanian Deadlifts etc.. you'd find that you will be stronger with that lift.

So for an example program, if your only doing one day of legs it might be something like this

A1 Front Squats 5 x 5

B1 Bulgarian Squats 6-8
B2 Lying Leg Curls 6-8 X 4

C1 Side or Peterson Step Ups 12
C2 Romanian Deadlifts 8-12 X 4

D1 Prone Back Extension with Band 8-12 (or isometric hold) x 3-4

E1 Calf Raises 10 x 10 or 10-10-10 x 3

So you might look at doing something like this

what are romanian deadlifts and bulgarian squats?
 01-30-2007, 02:19 AM         #102
chizzyf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I need some exercises to strengthen my knees (basketball)...I have a sharp pain just underneath the knee cap.I can run properly without discomfort but the pain comes back when I push off tryna jump really high..please help!
 11 years ago '06        #103
kosterzoo  OP
space
space
$820 | Props total: 2 2
You need to deload for abit in terms of your bball and start doing some decline squats (Heels elevated squats).
 01-30-2007, 11:12 AM         #104
bowman_08 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got a question about creatine...when is the optimum time to take it..before or after your workout?..and how long before or after?

i currently take 5 g of it about an hour before my workout..but ive heard many different theories about it
 11 years ago '04        #105
thechanickal1 
space
space
space
$704 | Props total: 136 136
Ok so you can do negatives, supersets, drop set, rest pause etc. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to incorporate this into my schedule? For example do I have a drop set week once a month(where i do all my exercises like this), or do i just do a drop set for my last exercise each day and then do a rest pause for my last exercise the next week, then negative set the next etc? Thanks again. The reason I ask is because summer is 3 months aways and I'm trying to write out something for once
 02-02-2007, 12:29 PM         #106
seindiamond 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bowman_08 said:
i got a question about creatine...when is the optimum time to take it..before or after your workout?..and how long before or after?

i currently take 5 g of it about an hour before my workout..but ive heard many different theories about it
I follow the protocol by the T-nation coaches with good results. I think it's 5 grams a day for 2 weeks to start off. Then 3-5 grams after you workout. So after the 2 weeks you take it only in your PWO drink.
 11 years ago '05        #107
Mr Hyde 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
I Got 2 Questions..

1. I Heard You Do More Reps & Less Weight To Get Cut And Normal Reps More Weight to Build Muscle Is That Tru?
2. Protein Shakes Do They Really Help? Shuld I Be Taking Them..
 11 years ago '06        #108
kosterzoo  OP
space
space
1. Is NOT true.. If your looking to get ''cut'' my usual recommendations are dietary and possibly including some power training if qualified (which i don't think you are sorry)

2. Yes protein shakes do help BUT again for someone who's qualified.. It seems everyone that just starts out into the gym thinks that protein shakes are going to get them cut... then go ahead and eat sh*t food the rest of the time.

They're just a nice and easy source of protein.
 11 years ago '06        #109
kosterzoo  OP
space
space
 bowman_08 said:

My honest take on creatine is that
A) The results of it were blown outta the water, yeah its a great supplement but most of the research on it showed that quiet a few people got NO positive result from it.

B) It works great the first time, second time not so good and so on

C) Timing is not as crucial as correct dosage.

But to be completely honest with you unless you've been training for AT LEAST 1-2years you shouldn't be looking at getting into it just yet. With regards to timing of taking it, I've always been a fan of spreading it throughout the day but having a large portion around workout time, you'll have to trial both before and after and see what works best for you.

I've heard people say they were cramping by taking creatine before training so that would mean after would be the better time. However flip that people often like the placebo of taking it before hand..

Up to you really, a little bit of trial and error works wonders
 11 years ago '06        #110
kosterzoo  OP
space
space
 thechanickal1 said:
Ok so you can do negatives, supersets, drop set, rest pause etc. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to incorporate this into my schedule? For example do I have a drop set week once a month(where i do all my exercises like this), or do i just do a drop set for my last exercise each day and then do a rest pause for my last exercise the next week, then negative set the next etc? Thanks again. The reason I ask is because summer is 3 months aways and I'm trying to write out something for once
Ok this the last question of yours I'm asking then I'm expecting a donation :P

Aite, so firstly it sounds like your trying to over complicate your routines a little.

What I'd do is choose 2x of those methods and incorporate them in your workout, I agree with waterbury (finally!) in regards to these movements would better suit the single joint movements as oppose to compound exercises. While I think there is still room to do them in a compounding movement, i think they're better saved for the finishers..

Anyways here are a few of my favourite ones to use.

A1 Plate Front Raise 10 reps
A2 D/B Side Raise
A3 Plate Front Raise 10-10reps (drop set)
A4 D/B Side Raise 10-10reps (drop set)

Repeat that super set 3x with a 90seconds rest after A4

B1 Bicep Curls - 5RM, rest 15secs, MAX, rest 15secs, MAX rest 90secs X 3sets
C1 Overhead Bicep Curls - 20reps X 2 sets

Usually speaking do one/two of these methods a day, again don't over complicate the workouts
 11 years ago '05        #111
Mr Hyde 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
1. Is NOT true.. If your looking to get ''cut'' my usual recommendations are dietary and possibly including some power training if qualified (which i don't think you are sorry)

2. Yes protein shakes do help BUT again for someone who's qualified.. It seems everyone that just starts out into the gym thinks that protein shakes are going to get them cut... then go ahead and eat sh*t food the rest of the time.

They're just a nice and easy source of protein.
Ok Thanx Man.. So Doin The Less Weight More Reps Is A Waste Of Time? Shuld I Got Back To The Heavier Stuff
 11 years ago '06        #112
kosterzoo  OP
space
space
Just do Heavy Weights for high reps :P

heh nah you need a period of accumulation (higher reps) and then a period of intensitification (heavier weights)
 11 years ago '04        #113
WHAT_THE_ 
space
space
space
$1,136 | Props total: 2 2
 kosterzoo said:

I've heard people say they were cramping by taking creatine before training so that would mean after would be the better time. However flip that people often like the placebo of taking it before hand..

Up to you really, a little bit of trial and error works wonders
just wanted to comment about this probably being from being dehydrated. most people don't drink enough water in the first place, then you add creatine to the mix..and there you go. just goes w/ the theme that too many inexperienced people are taking 'supplements' like they are a 'substitution' for food. or even worse, some sorta magical pill that will overcome all of the retarded stuff they do all the time.
 02-05-2007, 09:20 PM         #114
Jessp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im 23yrs old and weigh 223 i play basketball about three times a week and i have an athletic body. but i havent been working out consistenly for the last couple months. Im tryin to get a little bigger and my main focus it to do whatever i need to do to get some more defined abs. exercises, foods, dieting, whatever you could help me with i'd greatly appreciate it!!!!!!
 02-06-2007, 12:23 AM         #115
bayareaking 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Question: what things can I do to increase my metabolism other than eating 5-6 smaller meals a day?
 11 years ago '06        #116
kosterzoo  OP
space
space
 Jessp said:
im 23yrs old and weigh 223 i play basketball about three times a week and i have an athletic body. but i havent been working out consistenly for the last couple months. Im tryin to get a little bigger and my main focus it to do whatever i need to do to get some more defined abs. exercises, foods, dieting, whatever you could help me with i'd greatly appreciate it!!!!!!
hey man, sorry as i've said earlier in this piece i don't write training/nutrition plans for free and its beyond the scope of this Q&A, sorry.
 11 years ago '06        #117
kosterzoo  OP
space
space
 bayareaking said:
Question: what things can I do to increase my metabolism other than eating 5-6 smaller meals a day?
Increase your muscle mass,

supplement with thermogenics (debatable how much these work)

eat more than the 5-6 small meals dogma (hit 7-9, i myself have about 5 around training alone!)
 02-06-2007, 01:04 PM         #118
AndyK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lately I haven't been able to do bicep curls with dumbells, because when I lift up, I get like a sharp tingly pain in my right wrist where the veins are. I thought it could maybe be a trapped nerve or something? But its been doing it for about 4 days now and is really annoying me, anyone have any idea what it could be?
 02-06-2007, 03:27 PM         #119
bigbrooklyn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its probably you use too much weight on your excercises it could be a partial bicep tendonitis and a strained wrist so be careful
 02-06-2007, 04:05 PM         #120
AndyK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It doesnt feel like I've strained anything, the pain is more of a pinch when im lifting
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now