Ask A Sports Scientist {all other help threads will be deleted}

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
69 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
77 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11 years ago '06        #241
kosterzoo  OP
space
space
$820 | Props total: 2 2
 m!ck3y said:
Oh great Kasterzoo...

Im 6'0 155 lbs and I have a belly that I want to loose...is it possible to loose the belly and bulk up at the same time..

I eat 3-4-5 times a day and I cut out all junk food..no soda...i eat chicken rice..subway (6 grm fat menu) and things like that I also drink alot of water..yet i still have a belly but I do 100 situps a night..any advice?
lose the situps, cut out your carbs, i.e. get salads at subway instead of subs, lose the rice. And get heaps of sleep in the evenings and i'm presuming you're gyming it?? if so what is your routine?
 11 years ago '06        #242
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 628 628
 kosterzoo said:
lose the situps, cut out your carbs, i.e. get salads at subway instead of subs, lose the rice. And get heaps of sleep in the evenings and i'm presuming you're gyming it?? if so what is your routine?
Yea i go to the gym and we vary things like bench and bicepts..triecepts..shoulders..abs..legs etc..and I play ball about 4 days of the week...
 11 years ago '06        #243
kosterzoo  OP
space
space
$820 | Props total: 2 2
Aite well get yourself sorted on a proper routine which you do regularly like 3x a week... other than that it's all nutritional and sleep/hormonally related
 05-25-2007, 12:50 AM         #244
seindiamond 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats up Kosterzoo. You in Japan for Judo? Tournament? Training?
 05-25-2007, 09:59 AM         #245
ChrisDizzl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok, first thanks a lot for doing this, good help is hard to find hah :)

Anyways, its summer now and I'm home from school (and all the fast food and trees haha) and I'm really trying to flatten out my stomach. I'm 5'11'' I weigh 195 and I have a fairly athletic build, with a flat tire hah. I am starting to run again and my real goal is to become a runner, like 4 miles 4 or 5 times a week. I have no desire to bulk up and I really want the figure of a runner. So my questions are...

1) Is there some kind of supplement I should be taking? Not like a miracle weight loss thing or anything just something that will help my body out in recovering from work outs etc.?

2) Can you school me on diet soda? I am cutting out all the real Cokes but I have cravings (I swear I'm addicted to this stuff). Are diet sodas still detrimental even though the can says 0 calories?

3) I'm not really doing anything for strength other than push ups, should I get into some type of lifting routine? Like I said I am not trying to gain any mass, but I wouldn't be opposed to like low intensity high reps (kind of like, cardio lifting if you will).

4) Finally, I've heard a lot about cutting carbs (also saw it recommended by you in this thread). My dad did full on atkins but he quit after a while because he was feeling sluggish all the time. Is a no carb diet the best route to go or will I be ok just eating in moderation and cutting out overly fatty foods?

Again, thanks a ton man!
 05-28-2007, 02:13 AM         #246
RKO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
right in the center/middle, of my lower back i have this sharp pain which i only feel in certain positions like when im bending over...i cannot do deadlifts cause of this.. what are strecthes or whatever i can do?
 11 years ago '06        #247
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
hey wassup kosterzoo

im 6'2 150(yea i kno....)

today was my second day working out...

1st day- 3x 8 bench press
3 x 5 incline press
3 x 8 dumbell press
did the ab workout with medicine ball(laying on a incline going back and forth with ball)
3 x 8 pull downs
2x 6 dips...

2nd day.. 3 x 8 leg press(machine where u push up with legs)
3 x 8 shoulder shrugs
3x 8 calf workout(machine)
3 x 8 deadlifts..
5 mins on step machine

how am in doing? goal is to gain weight i could PM the food i eat cuz it might be long..but i do eat enough protein to match my body weight everyday and get lots of sleep
 10 years ago '06        #248
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,833 | Props total: 1175 1175
dam this thread is finally dead....wheres kosterzoo and the rest of these people at,,,
 10 years ago '07        #249
dipset121 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,260 | Props total: 15 15
Hey man I need your help I'm 5'8 130lbs. According to my doctor I am the minimum weight for my height I am trying to get to at least 145-150lbs. So yea you know I'm skinny its no secret. I been getting the same advise eat more and eat a high calorie intake. I was also told to get into some type of work routine with at least 2-3 days of cardio. As well as take some Whey Protein supplements and even a weight gainer at one point. Well I am lost in the entire situation but I am ready to start and be commited to a routine. I mainly workout at home as well but I want to get myself bigger overall and stay cut. I want to get my arms, chest, shoulders and calfs bigger. Can you help me out with how to do this? what kind of supplement is best for me to take? Work out routine etc.
 09-23-2007, 11:32 AM         #250
BAyAREA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dipset121 said:
Hey man I need your help I'm 5'8 130lbs. According to my doctor I am the minimum weight for my height I am trying to get to at least 145-150lbs. So yea you know I'm skinny its no secret. I been getting the same advise eat more and eat a high calorie intake. I was also told to get into some type of work routine with at least 2-3 days of cardio. As well as take some Whey Protein supplements and even a weight gainer at one point. Well I am lost in the entire situation but I am ready to start and be commited to a routine. I mainly workout at home as well but I want to get myself bigger overall and stay cut. I want to get my arms, chest, shoulders and calfs bigger. Can you help me out with how to do this? what kind of supplement is best for me to take? Work out routine etc.
your going to have to except the fact that you will gain fat even with the cleanest of diets on a bulk and thats it.Join a real gym make sure you incorporate the king compound lifts deads squats pullups etc.. get a fbw maybe even a personal trainer if you can to get to know what your doing in the gym a more when your done with your bulk you can post back for a help with cutting...since i dont the BMR for 130 im just gunna say you should take in about 2800calories minimum on most bulks.
and remember no cardio it will inhibit gains and if you must make sure its HIIT

good luck
 09-23-2007, 11:35 AM         #251
BAyAREA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UnFaZeD said:
i got a couple questions if anyone minds helping me out.........

alright so i'm about 6'2 and i used to weigh about 240 lbs. like last august-septemberish and i'm now weighin like 190-195 lbs.

i never went to the gym or nothing juss cut back on eating fast food mostly and i drink water with everything

i'm tryna get muscles and cut up and i got a couple friends who've motivated me to start goin to the gym with them and i'm tryna figure out what kinda supplements i should be taking to help me in my transformation, how often to take them, etc.

i'm also tryna get like a workout schedule to help me out as well as i have no idea where to start

if anyone can help me out it'd be GREATly appreciated!
congrats on your fat loss

your going to need a clean diet like i said to the post above me dont be afraid to put on a little fat if you were eating clean there will be very little and it will come off easy..
find your basal metabolic rate and increase it by 500 calories or so..
get a trainer at your gym make sure there qualified and train with tehm enough so you have a real workout and a sense of what your doing in the gym good luck
 09-23-2007, 11:42 AM         #252
BAyAREA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChrisDizzl said:
Ok, first thanks a lot for doing this, good help is hard to find hah :)

Anyways, its summer now and I'm home from school (and all the fast food and trees haha) and I'm really trying to flatten out my stomach. I'm 5'11'' I weigh 195 and I have a fairly athletic build, with a flat tire hah. I am starting to run again and my real goal is to become a runner, like 4 miles 4 or 5 times a week. I have no desire to bulk up and I really want the figure of a runner. So my questions are...

1) Is there some kind of supplement I should be taking? Not like a miracle weight loss thing or anything just something that will help my body out in recovering from work outs etc.?

2) Can you school me on diet soda? I am cutting out all the real Cokes but I have cravings (I swear I'm addicted to this stuff). Are diet sodas still detrimental even though the can says 0 calories?

3) I'm not really doing anything for strength other than push ups, should I get into some type of lifting routine? Like I said I am not trying to gain any mass, but I wouldn't be opposed to like low intensity high reps (kind of like, cardio lifting if you will).

4) Finally, I've heard a lot about cutting carbs (also saw it recommended by you in this thread). My dad did full on atkins but he quit after a while because he was feeling sluggish all the time. Is a no carb diet the best route to go or will I be ok just eating in moderation and cutting out overly fatty foods?

Again, thanks a ton man!
cut out all your junk foods and replace with healthy sources of carbs protein and fat
1) a decent multivitamin whey protein after running and before to maintain muscle mass and decrease loss, fish oil it has omega 3 fats which people always neglect in there diet(polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats)
2) water is always better diet soda is a great!! imrpvement over real soda
3)get a real fbw all long distance runners have them..trust me if you eat at maitenece level you will not gain any bulk.
4you shouldnt really be dieting as much as maintaining because you will need your carbs for energy and because running long distance will burn the fat off but you still need to eat clean.
 10 years ago '04        #253
bigmike123456 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 367 367
im like 250 now in i play football in im redshirt my coach wants me to get down to like 230 or 225 i run like 2 or 3 miles a day plus football practice so im thinking that should be straight right there but i need help getting rid of the stomach in on what things i should eat in how many times i should eat a day
 10-17-2007, 03:19 AM         #254
Justblaze03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
help!im 15 years old and wiegh 160 and Im 5'5 how do i lose around 15 pounds

Last edited by Justblaze03; 10-17-2007 at 03:24 AM..
 11-30-2007, 04:36 PM         #255
west175 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey wassup

im 6'1 i play football and im trying to gain weight and mucle tone my positions on da feild are running back(because i have speed) tightend(because i have strenght) i just need to know how to gain weight i would like to be 185
 10 years ago '06        #256
Gd_UP 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 93 93
hey maybe you could help me..... i started 4 months ago at 5'11" 180lbs and ive been hitting weihts hard im 197lbs now and have been for 3 weeks i cant get any heavier.. any suggestions? im eating about 3,000 cals a day with about 190g of protein. help please! thank you
 12-25-2007, 09:37 PM         #257
datboi08 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im Trying To Get My Abs More Defined. What Should I Do?
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago