Who Is The Best Cornerback Ever?

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
188 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
29 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Cornerback Ever?
Deion Sanders 147 67.43%
Champ Bailey 32 14.68%
Darrell Green 12 5.50%
Rod Woodson 13 5.96%
Mel Renfro 1 0.46%
Everson Walls 1 0.46%
Roger Wehrli 0 0%
Mike Haynes 2 0.92%
Jimmy Johnson 0 0%
Lem Barney 0 0%
Aeneas Williams 1 0.46%
Other (Name Who? 9 4.13%
Voters: 218. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-30-2007, 10:43 AM         #121
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah rakim, rod woodson is next on my list
 11 years ago '05        #122
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,063 | Props total: 6968 6968
maan!!! Deion still aint got 100 votes yet
 02-10-2007, 11:26 PM         #123
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how yall put night train after deion is beyond me
 11 years ago '05        #124
BOUNCER06 
space
space
$4,785 | Props total: 125 125
champ bailey is good but comeon its PRIMETIME
 11 years ago '06        #125
beanbryant24 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 0 0
 Junior G said:
Dumb poll ain't nobody better then Deion just wanna hear opinions...........

Deion Sanders = The REAL REASON Dan Marino Retired!!! His last game who remembers that

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

you don't want me to compare the stats dumb a.ss so chill
 11 years ago '05        #126
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,063 | Props total: 6968 6968
^^ fu*k outta here bi*ch........read all pages before you talk...Champ came out 4 years before Deion did
 11 years ago '04        #127
NIKEx18 
space
space
$1,132 | Props total: 2 2
ty law n*gga - ask peyton manning
 11 years ago '04        #128
glepurple 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,676 | Props total: 783 783
Deion was a better corner than Champ as far as covering, but yall are making too much of this tackling. I understand that corners have to tackle, but how many corners average alot of tackles not that many. Usually the only corners that make a lot of tackles are ones with bad run defenses.
 02-12-2007, 03:11 PM         #129
BigScorer1230 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Definitely Deion... he'd shut down an entire side of the field
 11 years ago '05        #130
ScarFace77 
space
space
$316 | Props total: 0 0
 Black_Deuce said:
most def. deion is the most athletic corner ever so he made alot of impossible plays

but if champ had deions speed and agility and the other stuff that only genes can give you, he would be so much better
you got to be kidding... i don't think prime time was a better athlete than champ. i think their athletic ability is very comparable, if not champ being a better athlete.

i think it is kind of hard to compare the two. the nfl now has new rules that really favor the wr and the athletes at wr are way better than the ones deion played against. sure you had jerry rice (the g.o.a.t.), but even his athletic skill wasn't on par with a T.O. or Randy Moss and the elite of today. i know deion was older, but when champ came into the league qbs started throwing deion's way because of how champ was playing. that's saying a lot. deion based his whole game on speed where champ has a lot better technique and the speed to match. if deion was playing by todays standards, he would probably look a lot how deangelo hall looked this year.

i'm not totally knocking deion. I like him as an all time great, but to say there's no comparison... i have to question if you are really watching football on sundays or ever played the game.
 02-12-2007, 03:57 PM         #131
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ScarFace77 said:
you got to be kidding... i don't think prime time was a better athlete than champ. i think their athletic ability is very comparable, if not champ being a better athlete.

i think it is kind of hard to compare the two. the nfl now has new rules that really favor the wr and the athletes at wr are way better than the ones deion played against. sure you had jerry rice (the g.o.a.t.), but even his athletic skill wasn't on par with a T.O. or Randy Moss and the elite of today. i know deion was older, but when champ came into the league qbs started throwing deion's way because of how champ was playing. that's saying a lot. deion based his whole game on speed where champ has a lot better technique and the speed to match. if deion was playing by todays standards, he would probably look a lot how deangelo hall looked this year.

i'm not totally knocking deion. I like him as an all time great, but to say there's no comparison... i have to question if you are really watching football on sundays or ever played the game.

Ive done both. so keep my name out ya mouth n*gga

Deion is one of the most physically blessed athletes in NFL history
 02-12-2007, 03:59 PM         #132
dnuggetsboy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its definitely between deion n champ, but i think champs better, i meen hes like 35 n still ballin like sh*t in the nfl
 11 years ago '05        #133
ScarFace77 
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:

Ive done both. so keep my name out ya mouth n*gga

Deion is one of the most physically blessed athletes in NFL history
I would argue that champ is as well. I've done it as well... what's your point homie?

Last edited by ScarFace77; 02-12-2007 at 04:04 PM..
 02-12-2007, 04:09 PM         #134
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ScarFace77 said:
I would argue that champ is a well. I've done it as well... what's your point homie?
Deion was rumored capable to run a sub 4.0 40 and even more amazing 100 meter dash while with the Seminoles

plus he played like 3 sports, along with baseball and football he was known to shoot hoops and be really good at it

on top of that, he played till he was like 38... and when you get to that age any wideout or secondary player (see jerry rice) will tell you you begin to lose a step in speed. to play till your that age, only a person with tremendous speed can still maintain a level of ability that he could

he goes on the most physically blessed list along with Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson

BTW... dont tell me I dont know football please, anyone who knows me in real life or on the sports section will tell you we can talk football for days.

d!ck "Night Train" Lane>>>>>>>>Deion IMO

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 02-12-2007 at 04:11 PM..
 02-12-2007, 04:13 PM         #135
K26Wiles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
right now i don't ever see anyone being better than champ bailey right now. i mean come on, he gets his hands on everything thrown his way(qb's hardly even throw around him to begin with).

but since prime time has more seasons and accomplishments than the champ... it's gotta be deion.

but i'm sure that when bailey is retired... he'll go down as the BEST.
 02-12-2007, 04:25 PM         #136
TriggaTrav2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Best Cover Corner:Deion

Most Underrated Corner: Rod Woodson, he used to lock shyt down fot the Steelers bacc in the day if im not mistaken he got more career picks then Deion

But When he retires Best Overall: CHAMP BAILEY.......he's the defintion of a complete cornerback......If QB's dont throw his way he gets involved in the tacklin which u cant beat cuz coaches love corners that can tackle

But look out for Ashante Samuel..........10 picks got damn that boys is a problem and da boy can come up and tackle as good as Champ jus give him some time to get his name out there he'll b a household name if he has another good season

THE UP and COMING CORNERBACK?????????TRAVIS DAVIS....lol...aka Trav2Cool this kid has hands like a reciever and is ready to tackle anything that comes his way at UMass doin big business eventho we lost 2 App St in the finals but we'll b there again next season and i got 2nd team All A-10 and imma Reshirted Freshman 5 picks....lol......But im not good but im on the come up.....lmao
 02-12-2007, 04:30 PM         #137
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gimmie this order

Night Train
Champ
Rod Woodson
Deion
 11 years ago '06        #138
303champ239 
space
space
$184 | Props total: 0 0
 dnuggetsboy said:
its definitely between deion n champ, but i think champs better, i meen hes like 35 n still ballin like sh*t in the nfl
28 years old and 35 are a lot different my dude, but he will still be ballin when hes 35. CHAMP BAILEY>__________
 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM         #139
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ LMAO its katalist
 11 years ago '05        #140
ScarFace77 
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:

Deion was rumored capable to run a sub 4.0 40 and even more amazing 100 meter dash while with the Seminoles
You said enough right there... I don't even need to read the rest. For you to even think a sub 40 is possible shows alot. i'm not saying he wasn't a great athlete, but you are going too far and what does that mean on the field. deangelo hall is "the fastest man in the nfl" and he's been run past only to catch up in the end zone to make the tackle.

champ ran a pretty decent 40 his pro day (4.2) had a pretty good vert (44") and had a decent broad jump (11') and he plays like it.

btw, i can talk sports all day as well.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
22 hours ago