Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Best Cornerback Ever?
Deion Sanders 147 67.43%
Champ Bailey 32 14.68%
Darrell Green 12 5.50%
Rod Woodson 13 5.96%
Mel Renfro 1 0.46%
Everson Walls 1 0.46%
Roger Wehrli 0 0%
Mike Haynes 2 0.92%
Jimmy Johnson 0 0%
Lem Barney 0 0%
Aeneas Williams 1 0.46%
Other (Name Who? 9 4.13%
Voters: 218. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-29-2007, 08:01 PM         #101
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Champ is my favorite since Deion, but as far as the best all-time, it's Prime Time. He was definitely the most feared. If you go back and watch tape from the past you'll see some of your fav QB's talking about how they refuse to throw to 21's side of the field...how many DB's have earned that kind of respect in the NFL? Champ's dat dude, but I still remember how TO made him fall down off the line of scrimmage and went over 80 yards off a screen pass a couple years ago...nuff said.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 01-29-2007 at 08:04 PM..
 01-29-2007, 08:02 PM         #102
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Champ is my favorite since Deion, but as far as the best all-time, it's Prime Time. He was definitely the most feared. If you go back and watch tape from the past you'll see some of your fav QB's alking about how they refuse to throw to 21's side of the field...how many DB's have earned that kind of respect in the NFL? Champ's dat dude, but I still remember how TO made him fall down off the line of scrimmage and went over 80 yards off a screen pass a couple years ago...nuff said.
owens is one of the best of his day

im sure jerry rice would burn deion to the greound
 01-29-2007, 08:04 PM         #103
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
naw deion was never a cover corner

he played the ball more than covering the reciever.... always goin for the pick

he was athletic enough to do it.. but champ will shut down the #1 reciever everytime he has a shot... as far as reactionary skills champ has that locked... he positions himself for sucess on every down
I feel you, but Champ doesn't really play the receiver either, he said himself that he watches the QB rather than WR...which only the greats can pull off.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 01-29-2007 at 08:16 PM..
 01-29-2007, 08:06 PM         #104
rockroyal24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rod Woodson
 01-29-2007, 08:17 PM         #105
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ADrake22 said:

...it must be the money...
Ya'll know that $**t was tight back in the day!
 01-29-2007, 08:25 PM         #106
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
I feel you, but Champ doesn't really play the receiver either, he said himself that he watches the QB rather than WR...which only the greats can pull off.
naw champ is man to man all he way

he said he hates zone coverage and the broncos system complies
 01-29-2007, 08:31 PM         #107
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
naw champ is man to man all he way

he said he hates zone coverage and the broncos system complies
i'm not saying zone, i was just sayin the n*gga plays the qb more the the reciever...i'm just going by what he said when he described his technique one time on MNF. i think he's damn good for playin man while still watching the qb...risky $**t!
 01-29-2007, 08:37 PM         #108
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
most def. deion is the most athletic corner ever so he made alot of impossible plays

but if champ had deions speed and agility and the other stuff that only genes can give you, he would be so much better

its kind of like maurice clarett, and devin hester (throw d-hall in there too).... some peole just will always have the athletic ability to suceed even if the mental skills arent there

but as far as knowledge of the game and mental skills... pure coverage and reaction.... id say champ is the best, the way he positions himself to make a play on the ball in unrivaled

combine that with his hand eye coordination and hes one of the best even if he runs a sub 4.4 40 time... imagine if he had deangelo hall's speed

sidenote* deangelo hall is considered to be the next primetime by some

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 01-29-2007 at 08:38 PM..
 01-29-2007, 08:47 PM         #109
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:

sidenote* deangelo hall is considered to be the next primetime by some
whoever's saying that needs to be:slap:
 11 years ago '04        #110
Jigga11w 
space
space
$480 | Props total: 0 0
Maybe this is off topic.. but umm. No Ty Law??? at least even on the list. i see all these others corners.. Ty Law 50 Ints. 640 tackles 100+ Pass deflections. 3 superbowl Rings.. 10 ints a season ago. 2 more of peyton manning in the playoffs. 3 off of peyton a few years back.. he plays good in BIG GAMES as well as the regular season..... what amazes me about ty law is that hes not even that athletic anymore and still plays solid. 10 ints last year on a rebuilt foot.

As far as champ vs. Deon. Yes If i was building a team. and a defense and had to pick one i would say Deon. Because he not only took away half the field but gave your team field position and the occasional td on special teams and on int returns.. big ups to champ bailey though.. I went to highschool in Denver and I thought champ and ty law were the best cb's in the league before he ever came to the broncos. its funny to see how everybody has jumped the bandwagon after a few good years in denver.. He was nice in Washington...

PEACE !!
 01-29-2007, 09:16 PM         #111
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
whoever's saying that needs to be:slap:
 11 years ago '06        #112
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
its Primetime......

but this thread holds no weight without d*ck Lane as a choice
 01-29-2007, 09:19 PM         #113
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
its Primetime......

but this thread holds no weight without d*ck Lane as a choice

real talk

but the way i see it

Night Train >>> Champ >>> Deion

you could say Deion >> Champ thats arguable

but Lane is the best, period
 01-29-2007, 11:11 PM         #114
1angrypinoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jason Sehorn ftw
 11 years ago '05        #115
Link4444 
space
space
$1,008 | Props total: 30 30
 dragswizz said:
There's obviously no convincing some people Deion is better. They are Bronco fans and they have embraced Champ as the best. Just like I embraced Deion as a Cowboy. I personally think Deion is better because of the way he shut down his WHOLE side of the field. Quarterbacks still throw at Champ (I don't know why), but he's not as feared as Deion was. Champ may have more interceptions in a less amount of time but you gotta think, quarterbacks only threw to Deion about 20-30% of the time as to where they throw to Champ 40-50% of the time, maybe a little less.
wtf you talking bout? you got it twisted. Champ gets thrown to 40-50 % of the time? do you even watch him play? I'd say he averages 2-3 times thrown to a game.

peyton has over 30 passes a game. he throws to harrison prolly 2-4 times when champ is on him and its usually short yards. if you think thats 50%, you need to go back to school or maybe start.

I dont care if you think Deion is better, but you gotta get the facts straight. you actin like champ gets thrown the same amount of times as an average starting CB.
 11 years ago '05        #116
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
The Super Bowl x*x MVP himself:

Larry Brown

01-30-2007, 12:48 AM         #117
CatchinZs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJWho said:
champ last year i think it was chad johnson , chad johnson was k!lling his a.ss i still like him n*gga may hate me for this but if charles woodson (yea i said charles woodson) neva got hurt he would be on this list too i like hitting CBs
and what did chad do against champ this year?

3 rec 32 yds

fumble lost

allowed pick

trick, if the nfl wasn't so offensively commercialized, champ would be in the same breath as the greatest players EVER
 01-30-2007, 12:52 AM         #118
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its a god damn crime Rod Woodson is so far down there. Not only is he the best corner but he was one of the best Safety's ive ever seen
 11 years ago '05        #119
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
d*ck "Night Train" Lane was a beast. 14 seasons, 68 INTs in a time when the forward pass wasn't used much. 14 INTs in a season is still the most ever and he did it as a rookie, back then NFL seasons were 12 games long. then they moved to 14 game seasons in the middle of his career. he never played a 16 game season. his stats would be out of control

...and with a name like "night train" you kno he can hit. back then every player was pretty much tough as sh*t anyway.
 11 years ago '07        #120
budlightextra 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,335 | Props total: 312 312
Must be the MONEY! SANDERS
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc