Official MS CES Conference Thread (MEGATON ANNOUNCEMENTS)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
202 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 01-07-2007, 10:56 PM         #321
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jai-O said:
I would think a good PC for Vista would at least have 2 gb ram (I will probably go with 4), a dual core cpu, 120 GB HD or better, and a DX10 card.
I just want a good vista PC for media capabilities. 4GB of Ram is overkill. 2GB seems perfect with a 500GB HD or maybe 1TB.
 01-07-2007, 10:58 PM         #322
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
safe to say

Vista = highlight of that Conference
 11 years ago '05        #323
Jai-O 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 0 0
 jumpman2304 said:
so is vista out?

if not when does it come out?

and how much?
Vista will be out Jan 30th.

Pricing for full retail versions of the software will be Windows Vista Ultimate, $399; Windows Vista Business, $299; Windows Vista Home Premium, $239; and Windows Vista Home Basic, $199. Upgrades from Windows XP are priced at Windows Vista Ultimate, $259; Windows Vista Business, $199; Windows Vista Home Premium, $159; and Windows Vista Home Basic, $99.

Jann, for me, as a gamer, 4 GB is good. It's just that I want to be sort of "future proof"; when XP first came out, people thought that 500 mb of ram was enough - now most recommend at least having a Gig. In the future, media will become more intensive, video editing/image making more resource hungry. For a 5 year OS (Vista will last approximately 5 years), 3 - 4 gigs of ram will suffice over the long run; however, I guess 2 will do just fine.

Many people suggest 2 gigs as the minimun anyway; a MS recommended system suggest at least 1 gb.

Last edited by Jai-O; 01-07-2007 at 11:43 PM..
 01-07-2007, 11:46 PM         #324
Sikz de Nyne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
interesting..

i was thinking about buying a new computer or custom building one soon.. if vista is as crazy as you say it is i might just go with that...
 11 years ago '06        #325
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,207 | Props total: 2056 2056
so how much ram would i need min. to run on my computer
 01-07-2007, 11:57 PM         #326
Snipe2Kill  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I couldnt watch it because I was busy can you guys tell me what happened? What did they say about Xbox 360?
 11 years ago '05        #327
Jai-O 
space
space
Vista minimum requires 512 mb of ram. That's the complete minimum. I don't know how well it will run on computers with that.

Vista isn't that hardware intensive. It will "mold" to the hardware you are currently using. For example, if you don't have the min. requirements for the video card, you won't be able to run Aero (the new-ish UI); instead, you will run the Classic theme.

If you want to see how your current computer will do with Vista, you can always try the Windows Upgrade Advisor ().

1 to 2 GB of ram should do just fine. I'm going nuts over mine because I will game using a Vista PC.

Edit: One more thing. You can always stick with XP SP2 for a while. It is a really solid OS, if kept up to date. You don't have to upgrade immediately, they won't stop support for XP for quite a while.

Last edited by Jai-O; 01-08-2007 at 12:37 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #328
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Good sh*t on all the info Jai-O you work for MS or just got connects...
 11 years ago '05        #329
Jai-O 
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Good sh*t on all the info Jai-O you work for MS or just got connects...
Nothing special. Just a beta tester.
 11 years ago '06        #330
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
props jaio
 11 years ago '06        #331
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
sh*t man i didnt even think my computer can run vista but it can! My specs are

Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb
768mb of ram
AMD 2500+
 01-08-2007, 07:17 AM         #332
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jai-O said:
Vista will be out Jan 30th.

Pricing for full retail versions of the software will be Windows Vista Ultimate, $399; Windows Vista Business, $299; Windows Vista Home Premium, $239; and Windows Vista Home Basic, $199. Upgrades from Windows XP are priced at Windows Vista Ultimate, $259; Windows Vista Business, $199; Windows Vista Home Premium, $159; and Windows Vista Home Basic, $99.

Jann, for me, as a gamer, 4 GB is good. It's just that I want to be sort of "future proof"; when XP first came out, people thought that 500 mb of ram was enough - now most recommend at least having a Gig. In the future, media will become more intensive, video editing/image making more resource hungry. For a 5 year OS (Vista will last approximately 5 years), 3 - 4 gigs of ram will suffice over the long run; however, I guess 2 will do just fine.

Many people suggest 2 gigs as the minimun anyway; a MS recommended system suggest at least 1 gb.
props.
 11 years ago '04        #333
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,513 | Props total: 309 309
thanks for the help jai-o. Just found out my laptop will run Vista home premium. And thats good enough for me.
 11 years ago '05        #334
Jai-O 
space
space
 TreZ said:
sh*t man i didn't even think my computer can run vista but it can! My specs are

Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb
768mb of ram
AMD 2500+
Only thing I would suggest is a bit more ram. 1GB would go a long way, 2 even better. But if you don't really use your computer for hardware intensive stuff, you will do fine.

Your card will work too, since it supports pixel shader 2.0 (if I remember correctly), so it should run Aero.

Some more info about Vista (the differences about the different versions - and - has screen shots). All US prices:

Vista Home Basic
Obviously, the basic version . It's like XP Home. It sells for 199, the upgrade version is $99.95. The themes that come with is are Windows Classic, Windows Vista Basic, and Windows Vista Standard. The versions include 32 bit and 64 bit cpu support, and supports up to 8GB of ram (only the 64bit version).

Features include Windows Search, Movie Maker, Photo Library, Windows Media Player, Windows Security Center, Windows Firewall, support for wireless networking, parental controls, and anti spyware/anti virus/and anti spam software.

Windows Vista Home Premium
Most average computer users will want to use this. It is centered around home entertainment. It is comparable to XP Media Center addition. It sells for $239, the upgrade version is $159. The themes are the same as the Basic version, but this version also includes Windows Aero. Both have 32 bit and 64 bit software (for cpus that support it), and will allow 64 bit systems to have up to 16GB of ram (physical memory, whatever).

Features are the same as Basic, but it has Media Center and Media Center Extender functionality (with Cable Card support), Internet File Sharing, DVD video editing software, HDTV support, DVD ripping support, more games, Mobility Center/presentation features, multiple display support, file encryption, WiFi auto-config/roaming, unified parental controls (that can be used on multiple PCs on a network for example), backup to network support, Offline Folders, PC-to-PC synchronization, support for the Home Server (that they announced at CES), and photo management (what you seen on CES, when he merged two photos).

Windows Vista Business
The version people would use for work, but can be compared to XP Professional. It will be 299, with the upgrade version being 199. Same themes as Home Premium (including Aero), supports up to 128GB of physical memory on a 64bit system. The features include those in Premium minus Windows Media Center and related tech, Parental Controls, and Windows DVD and Movie Maker HD (the regular Movie Maker is included).

Instead it will have compatibility with offline files, dual (physical) processor support, EFS (encrypted file system), IIS web server, Remote Desktop, Microsoft Windows Web Server, and fax support.

Windows Vista Ultimate
The top version. Will include practically everything, but will put you back 400 bucks . Same deal with Business, allows people with 64 bit systems to have up to 128 GB of physical memory. This is a new version, so there isn't an XP version to compare it to. If you are a gamer, a person whose job revolves around multimedia, or a PC geek, you might want this. Same themes as Premium, has all the features from the Premium and Business versions, but also has Ultimate extras (more games I guess, perks), which shouldn't be available to other versions.

Last edited by Jai-O; 01-08-2007 at 11:48 AM..
 01-08-2007, 01:18 PM         #335
Rose Gold  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[CODE]AMD LIVE!™ Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center,CD and Single TV tuner,Remote
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
20 inch E207WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro
250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
CD ROM/DVD ROM 16x DVD+/-RW Drive
[/CODE]

i think am ready for vista....
 11 years ago '04        #336
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
XP 2400+
1.5 gig ram
80gb HD
GeForce 6600 GT

will vista run on my sh*t?
 11 years ago '05        #337
Jai-O 
space
space
 K1Entertainment said:
XP 2400+
1.5 gig ram
80gb HD
GeForce 6600 GT

Should be fine.
 01-08-2007, 04:48 PM         #338
RedBugz007  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
XP 2400+
1.5 gig ram
80gb HD
GeForce 6600 GT

like jai-o said should be fine but i would buy a bigger hard drive
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy