FOX Cancels "The OC"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-04-2007, 06:01 AM         #1
18869 pageviews
142 comments

shatso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FOX Cancels "The OC"

Fox's once-hot `The O.C.' is canceled
By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer Today at 1:32 am

"The O.C.," the once-hot teenage soap opera that saw its ratings plummet like a delinquent student's grades, has been canceled.

The final episode of the drama will air 9 p.m. EST Thursday, Feb. 22, Fox TV and Warner Bros. Television Production Inc. said Wednesday.

The finale "will deliver real closure to the series, to the story we began telling four years ago," series creator Josh Schwartz said in a statement. "It will be fun and emotional and I think really satisfying. It is the finale we always planned to do."

Based in the affluent Orange County, Calif., city of Newport Beach, "The O.C." caught fire in its first season, 2003-04, as the top-rated drama among advertiser-favored young adults and with a total audience of nearly 10 million.

The show's story lines revolved around Ryan (Benjamin McKenzie), an outsider thrust into a heady new world of money and s3x, and rich high school kids including Seth Cohen (Adam Brody) and Marissa Cooper (Mischa Barton) and their families.

"The O.C." didn't sustain its momentum, dropping to about 7 million weekly viewers during 2004-05 and then to fewer than 6 million last season. This year, returning in November after Fox wrapped its postseason baseball coverage, "The O.C." has only drawn about 4 million viewers.

The third-season finale's high drama, in which Marissa was k!lled in a car crash, didn't turn the series around. This year found Ryan confronting the death of his one-time girlfriend and the man who caused it.

Fox ordered 16 episodes for the 2006-07 season and all will have aired when the series concludes in February, a network spokesman said Wednesday.

Others in the show's cast include Peter Gallagher, Kelly Rowan, Melinda Clarke, Rachel Bilson and Autumn Reeser

Despite its brief heyday, the show helped establish cast members including Brody, Bilson and Barton as fan and tabloid favorites.

A replacement for the series was not immediately announced by Fox.

___

On the Net:

[pic - click to view]

http://www.fox.com

Copyright © 2006 The a.ssociated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The a.ssociated Press.

------------------------

NOOOOOO!

142 comments for "FOX Cancels "The OC""

01-04-2007, 06:29 AM         #2
Spookerrr  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thank god. No male who claims to have a p*nis should have ever watched this show in the first place. sh*t was pure garbage
 01-04-2007, 06:31 AM         #3
shatso  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spookerrr said:
Thank god. No male who claims to have a p*nis should have ever watched this show in the first place. sh*t was pure garbage
I watched the first 2 seasons with an ex-girlfriend, girlfriend at the time, then we split and I just had the urge to watch them. Everyone @ college always watches them like its nothing anyways so I don't have any dimished pride for watching it.
 01-04-2007, 08:50 AM         #4
Scorp  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good all that show did was repeat the same storyline over and over again

sliders was pretty homo too lol
 01-04-2007, 09:02 AM         #5
shatso  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who was in Sliders?
 01-04-2007, 09:12 AM         #6
Spookerrr  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kain said:
[EVIL]Fuk them for fuking up Sliders, and yes I'm still mad.[/EVIL]
hell yeh, now that show was the sh*t back in the day! Once the Professor died though, it was never the same. They got them sh*ts on DVD now too.
 01-04-2007, 09:24 AM         #7
WOODMO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this fu*kin sucks... I been watchin this show since the first season...SMH
 01-04-2007, 09:29 AM         #8
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spookerrr said:
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

just when the show is starting to get real good....

This season has been the best season so far. Fox is fu*kin stupid.[MAD][/MAD]
 11 years ago '04        #9
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
*props jann*
 01-04-2007, 09:38 AM         #10
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sagacious Sigh Ruz said:
*props jann*
hit you back. oh well I will always have the show on DVD. I hope they get Season 4 on DVD ASAP and I hope they end the show well.
 01-04-2007, 09:39 AM         #11
vicjac1010  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The first season and second one was okay, but then sh*t just got crazy on that bi*ch. Watch two episodes in the third season, but lost interest.
Congratulations Fox, you can only beat a dead horse so long.
 11 years ago '05        #12
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
look at all the closet oc fans

im glad its cancelled maybe they'll put somthing actually good on
 01-04-2007, 09:53 AM         #13
shatso  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pffffffffff, everyone says they don't watch it but most do. Hot girls, catchy storylines, all that good stuff. I actually couldn't believe the ratings were down that bad, just figured it was good as usual.

Killing off the Marissa character just wasn't the way to go, but they were trying to pull in the younger audience with her sister Caitlyn. Oh well, hopefully the next 3 or 4ish episodes wrap up the season finale and they don't just end it all retarded like.
 01-04-2007, 10:25 AM         #14
Tagalog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damm it didn't last o well first two season was straight the marissa died
 01-04-2007, 10:41 AM         #15
Prophecy_projet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was reading Yahoo news this morning and they said the CW might pick it up next season. Seems like the type of show that would fit on there
lol, CW pretty much the High School Network (UPN and WB merged, possibly picking up OC) they might as well add MTV programmes too.
 11 years ago '05        #16
Nasty Nate 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 22 22
THANK FU*KING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stand those white kids at my school who talk about this show all day
 01-04-2007, 11:43 AM         #17
RediKnight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This show was fu*king great!!!! I'm pissed. Adam Brody is one of the funniest dudes on TV. Oh well. I already got too many shows on my plate so one less only helps me.
 11 years ago '06        #18
cleavon15 
space
space
$987 | Props total: 87 87
still havent seen a FULL episode of the O.C. which by the premise I think it's a PG-13 white version of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
still FOX do be making stupid moves. i still havent gotten over the demise of FASTLANE

the best shows on FOX are House, Standoff, Justice - which they keep playing with, Family Guy, and American Dad
 01-04-2007, 01:00 PM         #19
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Prophecy_projet said:
I was reading Yahoo news this morning and they said the CW might pick it up next season. Seems like the type of show that would fit on there
lol, CW pretty much the High School Network (UPN and WB merged, possibly picking up OC) they might as well add MTV programmes too.
I hope they do. The OC was one of the better white teenage 90210 ripoffs. Again I really enjoyed The OC. I watched The OC before I even moved out to orange county. Everyone around this bi*ch loves the show.
 11 years ago '04        #20
S1xth 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,811 | Props total: 166 166
never watched this sh*t, never wanted too. looked like another corny teen drama series. i think i caught all of 7min of the show due to my ex chick putting it on but thats it..guess fox has room for a new hour long show or two sitcoms..eitherway i dont care :\
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago