Jan 1 - Oprah: African Girls Deserve My Charity More than American Girls...

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what should she do

Props Slaps
 01-02-2007, 10:27 PM         #101
missangel222003  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 awall said:
Africans Dont Care About About African Americans.
Now, here is a true statement just going by the ones I have come across. They act like they're somehow superior to african americans. I was told by one that they kindof look at blacks in america like trees without roots and they're somehow better because (they a.ssume) their ancestors were never slaves... It's stupid and backwards, but they probably don't even respect her.
 11 years ago '04        #102
fkucdaw0rld 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 6 6
ok so lemme get this straight....not only did she keep it real, she pretty much lost hope in american public education, but she felt it more worthy to build a school in africa and ppl are sayin she's right....but when Cosby said pretty much the same sh*t, n*ggas was hatin on him hardcore talkin bout he doesnt come from the ghetto and sh*t...personally i agree wit her cuz africans definately need more help than anybody in america, but its funny how some people can get away with keepin it real while others cant...does oprah have some kind of ghetto pass that deems her opinion on anything 'inner city' more acceptable than Cosby? not only were they both right, they're both made desperate attempts at gettin some improvement out of n*ggas in the inner city....lo and behold tho, nothing's gonna get better...thas jus the american way...we see our faults but refuse to make any changes in our practices....o well....time to go buy that iPod
 11 years ago '04        #103
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 missangel222003 said:
Now, here is a true statement just going by the ones I have come across. They act like they're somehow superior to african americans. I was told by one that they kindof look at blacks in america like trees without roots and they're somehow better because (they a.ssume) their ancestors were never slaves... It's stupid and backwards, but they probably don't even respect her.
that's far from the truth.....
 11 years ago '05        #104
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
...8 pages of ignorance!
 11 years ago '06        #105
riga89 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,049 | Props total: 132 132
Oprah is right. The situation in Africa is so bad that these kids don't even have access to schools. I'm not from the inner-city, but I know that most of them would rather have a fresh pair of Jordan's than an algebra textbook.
 01-03-2007, 12:04 AM         #106
Morenita  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pahyba said:
Every one always so negative and I dont think they even know why. But it shows if they were in the position to do anything they wouldnt! Oprah has given and given and she dont give a D*** who knows it or not. She built whoe fukken neighborhoods in Houston for Katrina victims. Furnished homes, some ppl got cars! She didnt have to do that. She has given millions in scholarships, she's pd tuitions she give when no one else it. She donated to Tsunami victims too. She dont just talk she back what she says. She gave her opinion on something she has first han knowledge of. Black ppl in the states are SO UNAPPRECIATIVE, they think some one owe them. Or they deserve whatever or expect someone to do. Dont want to work hard for anything! How can u compare enviroments and say the states are materialistc and that justifies not wanting better. How many times do ppl have to say KNOWLEDGE is POWER. There are kids who dont eat in the states but can go to school and get a meal. Kids in Africa dont have water or a school to go to but they want it. U think those kids dont want big houses or cars or things the kids here dont want. U think they dont have Tv's or radios. So why they want btter and we dont! Why some steal, r*pe and k!ll in Africa but so many still want to work hard. But here the same things occur and all we can say is what? Why? What is our excuse? When its so easy to have different? We are lazy, dont want to put up the effort. Its too easy to sit and talk shyt about what other ppl are doin and not doin. Oprah has proven ONEperson can change the world. Too many ppl talkin about what she should be not doin instead of whats she done to help PPL in this world not just in her backyard. At least she not selfish like all the other billion and millionaires in the world!!!
Well put sis. As black americans (& latinos in a similar predicament), we have to start demanding more from ourselves and each other. It all comes down to the mental attitude and knowledge of self, and there have been individuals who have helped us along the way (w.e.b. dubois, huey newton, angela davis, malcom x, chisolm, garvey, fannie lou hamer, dr. king, dr. albizu, etc.), but we cannot and should not rely on one person to rescue us from this hostile environment and existence; that's part of the slave mentality & why we still haven't been able to mobilize on a larger & long-term scale. I think the purpose that Oprah (and others like her) can serve for us and people abroad is to inspire and influence us to become self-empowered so that we can improve our circumstances. That is one of the reasons why she is such a firm believer in education. Paz.
 11 years ago '06        #107
whammy 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,556 | Props total: 378 378
 Veno da Don said:
You can choose right now to change your life and how you approach each day you don't have to come from "nothing". Every day is a chance to grow if you want it to be. There are plenty of people who didn't come from "nothing" but strove to have a better life than they started with.
I was being somewhat flippant. What self help book are you reading
 11 years ago '05        #108
JDschoolboi06 
space
space
$672 | Props total: 1 1
"George Bush Doesn't Care About Black PpL!"

- Kanye West
 11 years ago '05        #109
egangsta 1 heat pts
space
space
$799 | Props total: 27 27
We ask for ipods they askk for schools .. lets see why,.......School is free for us, not for them...so if they have the chance for schools they wanted .. ppl want what they cant have... that simple... but personally fu*k alll these celebs goin abroad to do things..its ppl here that need help...ppl forget that you take care of home before u help a neighbor...
 01-03-2007, 02:01 AM         #110
Dirtylicious  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k THIS fu*kING N!GGER....AMERICAN pus*y > AIDS
 11 years ago '04        #111
thegod 
space
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 194 194
 egangsta said:
We ask for ipods they askk for schools .. lets see why,.......School is free for us, not for them...so if they have the chance for schools they wanted .. ppl want what they cant have... that simple... but personally fu*k alll these celebs goin abroad to do things..its ppl here that need help...ppl forget that you take care of home before u help a neighbor...
You think these ghetto kids hanging on the corners cutting class, smoking weed, failing outta school, are gonna appreciate some sh*t like this? Or take advantage of it? We got plenty of oppurtunities over here, and most americans dont take advantage of it. We got public schools everywhere, with free transportation to the school, free lunch if you cant afford it, and look at how many dumb illiterate ppl we have on the streets, kids and adults. So what, they need a 40 million dollar complex with a hair salon and sh*t to motivate them to go to school and get off the corners or playing xbox? I mean, WTF do you want, us to just forget about Africa until the United States is perfect and everyone is in school, and isnt homeless, etc,before helping anyone else out? sh*t aint never gonna be perfect over here, so your logic is off. Plenty of ppl help out over here. We got scholorships, charities, etc etc etc. Theres plenty of money being dumped in the United States too. Most ghettos have rec centers, different after school clubs, etc, but kids is on corners shooting each other up, or selling drugs, wasting all their money on latest pair or jordans, even k!lling and robbing kids over the jordans, instead of thinking about their future and getting their a.ss in the classroom. For the kids that really want an education, they have the oppurtunit to do so.

I mean sh*t, the United States and the rest of the world has made billions, maybe trillions of dollars of Africa and its resources, such as Oil and Diamonds. So how the fu*k can you say it aint right that someones helping out over there.

Oprah could build that exact same school in your local "ghetto" and n*ggas would still not go. If a persons mentality isnt on education and bettering themselves, it doesnt matter how fancy the school is, they wont take advantage of it. Kids drive/ride by fancy colleges everyday looking at kids just like them on campus doing their thing, and they go right back to sitting on their a.ss, or on the corner, drinking, smoking, and shooting, instead of saying "thats the kind of life i want for myself".

I really dont like Oprah, but her, Bono, and Gates spend their money that most ppl who have it like them arent spending, to help out over there when they really could say fu*k them. Thats what being a humanitarian is all about. Helping and a.ssiting humans, no matter where they're from, local or abroad.
 01-03-2007, 03:13 AM         #112
protege226  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
African not African American girls, Nothing to do with Black and White, BUT..... Shes a fu*kING AMERICAN take care of you own, i understand to help ppl everywhere but damn Oprah im not gonna give 5 bucks to a Nigerian bum before i give it to an American Bum
 11 years ago '06        #113
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
WOW. Some of youre comments scare me. Its obvious African Children need more help and will take more adavantage of Oprahs help. The problem in American Schools are that they are Not teaching anything that stimulates the kids...Kids dont want to learn here. Oprah may have been born in America but she and everyone who looks like her comes from Africa..So If thats not taking care of your own I dont know what is.
 01-03-2007, 09:38 AM         #114
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Read this yest

151? That aint sayin much, and isnt helping much at all
 11 years ago '05        #115
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
There's enough government a.ssistance to where people don't need help, it's their pride that gets in the way to ask for help.

Americans don't appreciate sh*t, its' true. I was born and raised out here in the Bay Area, when I first went to Honduras, where my dad's from, it was shocking to see REAL POVERTY, especially when a country has 80% population living under the poverty line. It all starts with the parents, we have all these young kids having kids, so they don't know the importance of an education, because they never had one themselves, usually had to drop out of school or what not. So its not important, that's how ignorant some people are with their children. Their parents buy them xbox 360's when they should have some books to open their minds up. Oprah got my support. If I had billions, I would go help a country that couldn't help themselves, not give back to these communities who aren't going to do anything with it. Ever heard the saying "you can take the horse to the troth, but you can't make it drink the water."? That's her thoughts on American Education, they don't want it, so she put her money to where people will jump on there, and hopefully those young girls will grow up to change their country, and possibly have an impact on their entire continent, and world.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now