Jan 1 - Oprah: African Girls Deserve My Charity More than American Girls...

most viewed right now
+19  89
30 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
+47  85
184 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

what should she do

12 years ago '06        #51
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 6481 6481
What sucks is that Oprah has given up on all inner city youth, which happens to be blacks and latinos, etc. She doesnt want to tackle the problem, and I could understand because the sh*t is deeper then fixing up our schools. Until Black people in America change the way we think of ourselves we're gonna continue to be generations upon generations of stunted growth minorities. We must understand that this is not natural for us and that we need to do better, because we definately can.

its a very complex issue that basically stems from a much larger problem which i think we all know or are familiar with.

Its very interesting. I feel black Americans are the most unique group out of the African diaspora because we have so much counter-productive values and perspectives built in our every day lives. We are fully integrated in American culture and at the same time we're not. Whites and Asians and other ethnic groups can manouever between the two unscathed; our black ghetto, whatever being "black" means to you society and still be a part of the larger mainstream society. We are just bounded to ours. We cant break that barrier.

It seems everywhere else blacks in the world share the same values on education as the society in which we live, except in America. But then it also seems you'll find the most successful blacks in America. Its crazy to me. My theory? We're lost. I can elaborate on that if you feel me.

So i do feel its a black and white thing cause I feel we (along with latinos) are being directly targeted. Its a good deed wherever it goes and dude who brought up how many people one person could help was an EXCELLENT point. Maybe if we looked at all of us being one people we wouldnt feel sligheted but rather happy that our people are getting that much more help. If we're a little dissapointed, then we should step our game up.

12 years ago '04        #52
cormega74 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,324 | Props total: 3500 3500
 C.R.I.P. said
what does that have to do with her moving to africa
It sounds like you are not happy with Oprah is doing for kids less well off. Believe me kids in America dont have it that bad, they live in the world's richest country. If they wanna learn they are free to learn. People take books and pens for granted. Its sad that some black people in the states have no sense of being African, in fact some have a hatred for Africa as if its nothing.

12 years ago '04        #53
C.R.I.P. 4 heat pts
space
space
$18,893 | Props total: 7621 7621
 cormega74 said
It sounds like you are not happy with Oprah is doing for kids less well off. Believe me kids in America dont have it that bad, they live in the world's richest country. If they wanna learn they are free to learn. People take books and pens for granted. Its sad that some black people in the states have no sense of being African, in fact some have a hatred for Africa as if its nothing.
actually im not mad at all about this situation, matter of fact i believe she is right...i just dont like oprah dont ask me why, i just dont. something about her just bothers me. maybe its the way people hang on to her words like they come down from the heavens above.

i dont know.

but as far as the whole black people in the states have no sense of being african thing.

what do you expect there alot less blacks in america that are from africa than there are USA born and raised

01-01-2007, 08:21 PM         #54
Tavito  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JeeQ said
Come on now, like Americans really need a school as bad as Africans. In America it's all to easy to find free public education. I work for the school district and we have illegals coming in and getting enrolled in school with no problems, so theres really no reason that kids in the ghetto can't find a school. But the real problem is the kids in America don't appreciate it. Free schooling is expected in America, it's not something we've ever had to work or strive for, and because of that a lot of them don't appreciate the fact that they're getting a free education. Like she said, they rather have material things, like an Ipod or a pair of Nikes. I feel that the only way people would truly realize how great it is to live in a country where education is public and free is if it suddenly was taken away, then maybe people would start looking at school as a gift and not a chore you have to suffer through for years.
Preach!

12 years ago '05        #55
druggie 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,545 | Props total: 4577 4577
Africa is fu*ked up.

They need to flush out and totally re vamp the goverenment there becuase there are way to many crooked ppl there.

12 years ago '06        #56
RaulG 
space
space
space
$1,352 | Props total: 373 373
Im Latino (Salvadorain) and my parents risked their lives to come here, They tell me that even though we live paycheck to paycheck and were always moving place to place.
That we still got it good. People in my country die just to try to come over here cause alot of people got it bad over there.
Are "ghettos" are some of the nicest places in the world to be called a ghetto

01-01-2007, 09:31 PM         #57
A_Vv  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she built such a huge school u think she could have helped more than 152 girls

12 years ago '04        #58
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
Ask her to open her home to some South Africans, im sure she would????

Also let the people say at ABC we gonna put your show out in S.A for free, instead of a 500 million dollar contract to be shown in China or some place and see if she doesnt change her tone.....

I never liked that bi*ch................

01-01-2007, 09:55 PM         #59
Tha_Watcher_8-|  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oprah is on some other sh*t

12 years ago '04        #60
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$3,044 | Props total: 472 472
 missangel222003 said
Oprah is entitled to do with her money as she pleases, but if it were me (with all of that money) I don't see why she couldn't help both sides. The comment she made about inner-city youths having superficial values compared to African girls is unfair. Look at the world we live in. It's very materialistic. Since your environment shapes you as a person, she shouldn't be surprised to hear something along those lines being the first thing they wanted from her. I don't really see how she can be mad. Look at her annual Christmas show. She always gives away the latest gadgets and things... how can she talk? Plus as minorities, a lot of our standards are low because that's what's spoon-fed to us. You don't come up being fed the idea of you having the potential to one day run the country. It's mostly about obedience and survival. It's a whole new day from when she was growing up...
im sayin tho this comes from tha same lady that bought everyone in the audience a car.....yea Afrcans are in need of the money but i was always taught get your house in order before u go trying to dip in someone elses buisness...i think thats a big problem with americans thinking we can save the world when our own sh*t is fu*ked up

01-01-2007, 10:07 PM         #61
macadon83  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She right about what she saying, but it's a different scene here. Building better schools wont help much in the US, unless you also gonna do other things to go with it, and none of our prosperous people seem to care enough to do that.

She could take that money and set up programs across the US for young kids to help mold their minds into thinking they can better themselves with an education, and that they need to just try and and be a part of what the people in charge have set up in this country.

01-01-2007, 10:08 PM         #62
ghettoprincess  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
leave oprah alone. she give white women her money, she's a bi*ch. she give african kids her money, she's a bi*ch. she's given so much to so many people. people just mad cuz they aren't getting a piece. if you aren't getting a piece, apparently, you aren't the most needy.

01-01-2007, 10:12 PM         #63
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She should help both, blacks in Africa and blacks in America. :afro:

12 years ago '05        #64
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
you guys act like oprah is wrong...shes right...u cant make anyone want to learn...if they dont want to learn fu*k em...

01-01-2007, 10:30 PM         #65
legecy06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL... those kids dont even have running water and the inner city is complianing about books!!! theres really no comparison @ all. African needs it BAAAAAADDDDDD.

12 years ago '06        #66
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,920 | Props total: 4050 4050
She doesn't owe anybody anything, black americans, whites, or african americans so , why hate on her for donating HER money to help others out. She is right in her thoughts too. The majority of black americans in high school don't value it anyway. Most of my black peers didn't do sh*t in school but, act like an a.ss and go home afterwards. If I had to base it on percentages maybe 35% actually had plans for their life and took school seriously. Real talk numbers don't lie so just look at your states minority graduation rates and you will find why people like Oprah have given up. You don't even have to have money to to make it through high school in the US. Why do you think the kids that of families who migrate to America do so well, they appreciate the opportunity.

01-01-2007, 10:41 PM         #67
legecy06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psq86 said
She doesn't owe anybody anything, black americans, whites, or african americans so , why hate on her for donating HER money to help others out. She is right in her thoughts too. The majority of black americans in high school don't value it anyway. Most of my black peers didn't do sh*t in school but, act like an a.ss and go home afterwards. If I had to base it on percentages maybe 35% actually had plans for their life and took school seriously. Real talk numbers don't lie so just look at your states minority graduation rates and you will find why people like Oprah have given up. You don't even have to have money to to make it through high school in the US. Why do you think the kids that of families who migrate to America do so well, they appreciate the opportunity.
:applause: :applause: :applause: EXACTLY

12 years ago '06        #68
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 416 416
ITS HER MONEY AND SHE SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP WHO SHE WANT WITHOUT EVERYBODY COMMENTIN G.WHO ELSE IS DOING ANYTHING FOE ANYBODY. AND HER FEELINGS ABOUT INNER CITY KIDS ARE FOR A GOOD REASON. THEY DON'T APPRECIATE sh*t

01-01-2007, 11:39 PM         #69
pahyba  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Every one always so negative and I dont think they even know why. But it shows if they were in the position to do anything they wouldnt! Oprah has given and given and she dont give a D*** who knows it or not. She built whoe fukken neighborhoods in Houston for Katrina victims. Furnished homes, some ppl got cars! She didnt have to do that. She has given millions in scholarships, she's pd tuitions she give when no one else it. She donated to Tsunami victims too. She dont just talk she back what she says. She gave her opinion on something she has first han knowledge of. Black ppl in the states are SO UNAPPRECIATIVE, they think some one owe them. Or they deserve whatever or expect someone to do. Dont want to work hard for anything! How can u compare enviroments and say the states are materialistc and that justifies not wanting better. How many times do ppl have to say KNOWLEDGE is POWER. There are kids who dont eat in the states but can go to school and get a meal. Kids in Africa dont have water or a school to go to but they want it. U think those kids dont want big houses or cars or things the kids here dont want. U think they dont have Tv's or radios. So why they want btter and we dont! Why some steal, r*pe and k!ll in Africa but so many still want to work hard. But here the same things occur and all we can say is what? Why? What is our excuse? When its so easy to have different? We are lazy, dont want to put up the effort. Its too easy to sit and talk shyt about what other ppl are doin and not doin. Oprah has proven ONEperson can change the world. Too many ppl talkin about what she should be not doin instead of whats she done to help PPL in this world not just in her backyard. At least she not selfish like all the other billion and millionaires in the world!!!

12 years ago '05        #70
dmunson318 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,423 | Props total: 1597 1597
 Ex The God said
Lol...Is she trying to say white people dont deserve her money...when if it wasnt for white people she wouldnt have that money...i mean..thats just what im getting from the thread title

they don't! just because they gave it to her doesn't mean she has to give all of it back to them. she's paying plenty in taxes, so fu*k how they feel about the situation. michael jordan should be next to build something in africa.

12 years ago '06        #71
kangkong 
space
space
space
$115 | Props total: 0 0
 pahyba said
Every one always so negative and I dont think they even know why. But it shows if they were in the position to do anything they wouldnt! Oprah has given and given and she dont give a D*** who knows it or not. She built whoe fukken neighborhoods in Houston for Katrina victims. Furnished homes, some ppl got cars! She didnt have to do that. She has given millions in scholarships, she's pd tuitions she give when no one else it. She donated to Tsunami victims too. She dont just talk she back what she says. She gave her opinion on something she has first han knowledge of. Black ppl in the states are SO UNAPPRECIATIVE, they think some one owe them. Or they deserve whatever or expect someone to do. Dont want to work hard for anything! How can u compare enviroments and say the states are materialistc and that justifies not wanting better. How many times do ppl have to say KNOWLEDGE is POWER. There are kids who dont eat in the states but can go to school and get a meal. Kids in Africa dont have water or a school to go to but they want it. U think those kids dont want big houses or cars or things the kids here dont want. U think they dont have Tv's or radios. So why they want btter and we dont! Why some steal, r*pe and k!ll in Africa but so many still want to work hard. But here the same things occur and all we can say is what? Why? What is our excuse? When its so easy to have different? We are lazy, dont want to put up the effort. Its too easy to sit and talk shyt about what other ppl are doin and not doin. Oprah has proven ONEperson can change the world. Too many ppl talkin about what she should be not doin instead of whats she done to help PPL in this world not just in her backyard. At least she not selfish like all the other billion and millionaires in the world!!!

Couldn't have said it better. ^^^real talk^^^^^^

01-02-2007, 01:12 AM         #72
djdoublec  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Africans need all the help...

12 years ago '06        #73
whammy 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,786 | Props total: 1268 1268
You do know welfare is part of the reason for the destruction of the black community. We're always looking for a handout. We look at our situation and see how bleek it is. Others look at our situation and see how much opportunity we have. Plenty of Africans would love to switch places from where they are now and live in our ghettos. They would work three jobs, their kids would make all A's in our sh*tty schools. I wish I came from nothing so I could have the drive these immigrants have.

12 years ago '05        #74
pnoi89 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,427 | Props total: 7263 7263
 dmunson318 said
they don't! just because they gave it to her doesn't mean she has to give all of it back to them. she's paying plenty in taxes, so fu*k how they feel about the situation. michael jordan should be next to build something in africa.
hmmm u make it seem like they're no such thing as poor white people ay..............

12 years ago '05        #75
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,173 | Props total: 591 591
u can say what u want but yall know we dont value education its free etc and not all dat serious to us american people think about how many people u know eitha have dropped out of school alot of people plus people dont be going to school u dont hear bout none of dat sh*t in africa
dt

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  41
Video inside Wesley Pipes on Doing Scene With 76-Year-Old (Y'all knew about this sh-..
136 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+62online now  39
Image(s) inside Biggest drug bust in us history!!!
85 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+98online now  37
Image(s) inside Southern Belle Christina
45 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+50online now  25
Who's The Baddest Black Actress In Hollywood I Say It's Rochelle Aytes
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  24
Image(s) inside AQUAMAN Reviews Are Out
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+18online now  24
Video inside Dec 11 - Build my wall or I'll shutdown the Government
131 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-106online now  16
NBA NASA RESPONDS with PURE ETHER to STEPHEN CURRY SAYING the MOON LANDING was..
281 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+17online now  14
Image(s) inside Samsung Embarassingly Teams Up With A Fake Supreme 💀💀
23 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy