Jan 1 - Oprah: African Girls Deserve My Charity More than American Girls...

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what should she do

Props Slaps
 01-01-2007, 04:31 PM         #21
missangel222003  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ex The God said:
Lmfao @ whoever took my post seriously..*smh* get off the computer nerds..
^^^ Big part of the problem right there... Even if you made this thread up, a lot of people have this mentality and it shows. If you can't take that seriously, go jump off a cliff because your life won't make a bit of difference when you die anyway...
 11 years ago '04        #22
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,113 | Props total: 1365 1365
I agree with Oprah helping the kids in Africa. What are the critics doing for the inner city? what are YOU doing for the inner city?

As Jay-Z stated, "people in Brooklyn think they're poor, they can wash their a**"

AND yall n*ggas is a.ss. Foreal. Like Oprah hasn't given to Americans, are you serious? Are you REALLY serious? The lady who built an ENTIRE neighborhood for Katrina victims? The media has yall so warped is pathetic. They don't report full stories. Now what you need to do is go google search for Oprahs charitable activities in America and get ur minds right.

smh. so much hate. go get some money and build a school if you're that worried.

Last edited by focused313; 01-01-2007 at 04:38 PM..
 01-01-2007, 04:38 PM         #23
durdysoufpleya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its her choice where her money goes to.
and that was a good place to go, maybe could have used the same money to do more than just that, but hey.

then again, she could spend the money or effort making inner-city americans appreciate education more. it can be done.
 01-01-2007, 04:40 PM         #24
missangel222003  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ex The God said:
What the fu*k are you bableing about?
I'm sorry, did that go over your head? What's your address? I'll send you some picture books that way you can understand me better...
 11 years ago '06        #25
sportyankz 
space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 0 0
F*k oprah
 11 years ago '04        #26
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 chrsdstryr said:
most kids in the ghetto, dont wanna go to school or value a free education, So i agree with her. All they want is money and to hang out on the corner, no disrepect, but we have to be real about this. I usually do not agree with oprah, but she is right!
co signs.....
 11 years ago '04        #27
canyouremember 
space
space
$724 | Props total: 0 0
 r a n c i d said:
She's right... Africans are more in need.

Don't get me wrong, the US aswell as all countrys has a big problem too. But in my opinion, people residing in Africa are more needy
It's not about who is more needy than the other but more of who will actually appreciate what is being done and take that opportunity and actually use it as a building block in the progression of their life.

Her contributions to the U.S. inner city youths are way more than those who actually contribute to tearing it down. It's hard to change one's mentality when it is all that they know. One person cannot change 50 years of conditioning in one night. That sense of hopelessness within our communities is a direct effect of how drugs have destroyed our communities and the black family period. So when you ask the inner city youth what they need the answer will always be material things. This is what they have been trained to want through television and music amoung other things.
 11 years ago '06        #28
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 2959 2959
 missangel222003 said:
I see where you're coming from, but remember - quality over quantity. Inner-city schools don't offer a quality education. Funding and all of this other political bullcrap has displaced the good intentions. Expectations are lower for inner-city youth... It's ridiculous. We may have more opportunities, but at the end of the day if you came from an inner-city school, chances are when you hit college (if you opt to go there...) you will find that you're ill-prepared. It's an unfair situation. Almost like a setup.

:iagree: my school sucked.. i realized the value of education soon as i left high school & how much it interest me now
 11 years ago '05        #29
Jai-O 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 0 0
 JeeQ said:
They seem to miss the part right at the end of the article where they mention Oprah has given millions to inner-cities. Millions to Americans. Millions to Katrina victims. She does something for a country far worse off then ours, and the media paints her as a villain for having an opinion. She's the most respectable and powerful black person in the world, it's not surprising that the media is always trying to take her down.
Most of the people in the thread completely missed that. I guess they just read titles and reply.
 11 years ago '06        #30
tone_gully 
space
space
$636 | Props total: 17 17
 chrsdstryr said:
most kids in the ghetto, dont wanna go to school or value a free education, So i agree with her. All they want is money and to hang out on the corner, no disrepect, but we have to be real about this. I usually do not agree with oprah, but she is right!
true fu*kin story!!!!
 11 years ago '04        #31
$tr3tch 
space
space
$4,260 | Props total: 0 0
i agree with what was said in this article 100%. They're certainly in need, and more appreciative towards the help. They also USE the help much more effectively than we do here.
 01-01-2007, 05:35 PM         #32
YellowBusRider  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i mean americans seem like they have more oppurtunitys to help themselves than these kids in africa do, so why not help them out more???
 11 years ago '05        #33
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
she couldnt find 140 poor girls in the united states that would want to a school and get and education along with a beauty salon and yoga facility
 11 years ago '04        #34
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,190 | Props total: 3338 3338
This will upset quite a few of you but the reason it's harder for her to change inner city attitudes is because our parents and in some cases grandparents that came up in the 60's and 70's dropped the ball on parenting. The majority of the time a child is forced to raise themselves without proper mentoring you end up with a negative result. Children having children is a negative result. The youth using drugs I don't care if it's liquor, smokes, coke or weed is a negative result. (AND ANYBODY ON HERE THAT WANTS TO TELL ME IT'S OK FOR A CHILD/TEENAGER TO USE THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED IS PART OF THE SYSTEM AND PROBLEM) I'm not advocating giving up on the problem, however, people need to realize that learning starts at home. Teachers shouldn't be looked upon to raise other people's children which is too often the case in the inner city. Between the single parent homes and parents working mutiple jobs to make ends connect children get the short end of the stick.

As for oprah and her hand picking that's her call and her money. A few of you commented something to the effect of what can helping that small number of people do. Well let's a.ssume that 16 of those 152 students become doctors how many people can each one of them heal 1, 100, 1000, people in their life time. So you're talking 16,000 people. How many students and faculty did you have in your high school? Was it more or less than that. Let's say another ten become lawyers how important was Johnny Cochran Jr to OJ Puff Kobe and well as other civil rights issues that he didn't get a lot of press for. Hell Oprah's only one person but there are plenty of grateful people down in the NO for her support. The question people need to ask is how much responsibility for our own well being and personal upliftment is on us as individuals and how much do celebrities and other public figures owe to us.
Because at the end of the day though we may have helped certain people attain certain positions they still put forth the individual effort and work to present a product that we wanted whether it be in entertainment or politics.

Last edited by Veno da Don; 01-01-2007 at 06:07 PM..
 01-01-2007, 06:06 PM         #35
Rulez2break  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hustlehard365 said:
she couldnt find 140 poor girls in the united states that would want to a school and get and education along with a beauty salon and yoga facility
^^oh sh*t
 01-01-2007, 06:06 PM         #36
shadyc22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can agree with the idea that American kids are more unappreciative of education. I work at a school, and its crazy to see that the kids don't care about being there, they don't do homework, classwork, they do nothing, and the teachers are pleading with them to get them to show some interest. And not to say that there aren't kids here that do care about education, I'm sure she can see the enthusiasm more in the African kids because the opportunites aren't there at all like they are here.

But really its just nice to see that she's helping other people in need regardless of where they are from. She's helping Americans here too, but she can't do it alone. Perhaps when more people begin to help others we'll really be able to see the impact.
 11 years ago '05        #37
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
It's funny because all the kids in here bi*ching & whining just prove Oprah right; she gave - & continues to give - millions to US projects yet so many of you are completely unappreciative.
 11 years ago '05        #38
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
...I think she is only letting girls in that school, so it's going to be an all girl's school. As it says in the headline and the last paragraph...

Sucks to be a boy in South Africa eh?
 11 years ago '06        #39
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
rather have it in africa then here

01-01-2007, 06:31 PM         #40
ucantseeme19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
It's funny because all the kids in here bi*ching & whining just prove Oprah right; she gave - & continues to give - millions to US projects yet so many of you are completely unappreciative.
That sums it up right there. I guarantee there are people in here that gave someone money and they weren't appreciative. To donate millions of millions of dollars to something that you see no progress being made is pretty disappointing. I know she has millions to give, but im sure she would like to see some results from all those donations. People should be mad at our government spending instead of what Oprah is spending.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
183 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy