Dec 22 - Jeezy got Monie Fired.... She was just giving her opinion

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
65 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #61
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 460 460
Monie in the Middle was nice....is the other song the one that goes "It's a shaaaa-a-ame the way you mess arouhd with my heart..." on the chorus?
 11 years ago '04        #62
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,824 | Props total: 2286 2286
shes wack anyway but it wasnt that serious i listened to it jeezy got backed into a conner got mad n ran off like a bi*ch n*ggas need to man up n support n elaborate on everything they say
 11 years ago '06        #63
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,753 | Props total: 3690 3690
Man this thread should b JAYZ got monie fired. Jeezy don't got that much pull but his boss does. The f'd up thing is she was speaking the truth. And jeezy made himself look dumb as he actually is.

RULE #4080 ... .record industry and RADIO is shaaady.....

How u get a legend fired from the air!!!.... shame on Jigga n Clear Channel :thumbsdow
 11 years ago '04        #64
DavidMSaze 
space
space
space
$914 | Props total: 133 133
what jeezy gotta understand is that monie love has the right to say what she wants about hip hop cause she was in it around when it first started. jeezy cant tell monie what hip hop is cause shes been in hip hop before he was even talking.
 11 years ago '04        #65
DavidMSaze 
space
space
space
$914 | Props total: 133 133
regardless if shes not a rapper anymore, she still has credibility. thats like trying to tell sugarhill gang or grandmaster flash what hip hop is. u feel me?
 11 years ago '05        #66
HAKONAMATADA 
space
space
$292 | Props total: 2 2
 nicoled985 said:
Jeezy was very stupid to bring up sales, like I always say and will say again SINCE WHEN DOES QUANTITY EQUATE TO QUALITY!!!!?? IT DOESN'T, so that argument was stupid. Nowadays humans are like sheep, they follow anything that is considered "in" even if it's not worth a damn.

real talk^^^

this is why i love this site
 12-23-2006, 11:51 AM         #67
ItsYaboyJay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
if she really got fired over that BS
then hip hop is truly dead.
kids dissing monie love on here
oviously don't know show she is
or ever heard of her until now.
she is definitely a female legend in hip hop
paving the way opening up doors for todays female MC's

Legend? For being Queen Latifah's little sidekick, legends career's last more than a few years. Monie Love is a valuable to hip-hop as Amil.

Female Hip-Hop Legends are Roxanne Shante, Lauryn Hill, Sister Souljah, Queen Latifah, Queen Pen, Salt-N-Pepa, TLC, Yo-Yo, MC Lyte, Da Brat & Rah Digga.

Monie Love is in the category with Sparky D. Antoinette, Sweet Tee, and Amil. She had a nice little hit back in the day, but she had the career of a "one-hit wonder" I just remember her song being in House Party (I think) when Play was cleaning up.
 12-23-2006, 11:54 AM         #68
yungh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn...the whole situation was crazy but i didnt think she was goin to get let go tho
 11 years ago '04        #69
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 Rayo said:
that whole interview made for good radio and i don't think she should of got fired for that b/c she ain't put her hands on him, she ain't cuss on air or anything. her boss probably wanted her to suck up and agree with jeezy, but she's her own woman and if she can't feel her own way and state it on air then f her boss.

If she's smart just go to the rival station Power 99.

Same sh*t happens in NY all the time.
 11 years ago '04        #70
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,331 | Props total: 4456 4456
 LakerFan said:
Monie in the Middle was nice....is the other song the one that goes "It's a shaaaa-a-ame the way you mess arouhd with my heart..." on the chorus?
yup thats it, good song
 11 years ago '04        #71
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
wack rapper = 2
hip hop = 0
 11 years ago '04        #72
Mega 
space
space
 ItsYaboyJay said:
Legend? For being Queen Latifah's little sidekick, legends career's last more than a few years. Monie Love is a valuable to hip-hop as Amil.

Female Hip-Hop Legends are Roxanne Shante, Lauryn Hill, Sister Souljah, Queen Latifah, Queen Pen, Salt-N-Pepa, TLC, Yo-Yo, MC Lyte, Da Brat & Rah Digga.

Monie Love is in the category with Sparky D. Antoinette, Sweet Tee, and Amil. She had a nice little hit back in the day, but she had the career of a "one-hit wonder" I just remember her song being in House Party (I think) when Play was cleaning up.
Far from legends. And Da Brat only because she was the first female solo platinum artist.

Don't compare Sweet T and Antoinette to Amil
And I take it you never listened to Sweet T's album

And some of those artist you mentioned have done even less than Monie.
 11 years ago '04        #73
Mega 
space
space
"My Buddy" > everything Jeezy has done or will ever do
 11 years ago '04        #74
Tecnik 
space
space
space
$49 | Props total: 0 0
bi*ch move on jeezy's part. just stopping another human being from getting money. can't wait until hov stops backing him and he gets his f*g**t a.ss sent back to the trap.
 11 years ago '05        #75
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1873 1873
GOOD.. that bi*ch doesn't know sh*t

ms hip hop..

lol fu*k that sh*t how can she disrespect jeezy even if she is a hip hop head..

arrogant female
 11 years ago '04        #76
kg81 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 101 101
Its always a problem when the EastCoast falls off, when WestCoast gangsta music took over the EastCoast fell off and was mad. They made a come back also and it was all good. Now the South and Midwest runnin sh*t and EastCoast mad again.

now i hate most of that simple minded south sh*t (catchy hooks but so simple its corny), but the reason it is sellin is cause its alot more easier to relate to on a personal level as far as the lifestyles in the south, midwest and west coast.

most east coast rappers and " hip hop heads" have ok beats and tight rhymes.
and use big a.ss words that they wouldnt even use in everyday life and that sh*t flys over peoples head to the point where they cant understand what your talkin about. On top of that you cant rock to most of the beats either (bad combination)
Everyone is not always on the same eduacation level but you can be lyrical and still be simple ex. Jay Z, Biggie, 2Pac, Ludacris, Outkast, Snoop, Eminem etc....

2Pac even told Biggie you gotta rap for the ladies and look what kind of songs he started makin'

Girls like to dance and aint thinkin bout no lyrical sh*t, n*ggas wanna dance with them big a.ss bi*ches so they have no choice but to like that sh*t too.
 11 years ago '04        #77
yaboitom 
space
space
$613 | Props total: 0 0
IMO This is all music thing is one big circle. when jay and nas and big L etc first came out the older n*ggas was knocking they stiyle and saying that it was trash, and now jay and nas are old and they are knocking the young n*ggas style and sayin the, its trash and the sh*t is juss going to keep going on and on.
 11 years ago '04        #78
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 lishbone said:
This bi*ch deserved to get her a.ss whooped, if you talk down on my profession, I'm gonna put you in my place.

You do know that hip-hop was her profession too, technically still is since she is covering it and living it. She was a rapper before Jeezy was even a trapper.
 11 years ago '04        #79
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
 kevkhalee said:
A lot of DJs on radio show get all this hart when intrviewing rappers like,
Do they realize that some of these n*ggas is real k!llers?
Would she go up to an*gga on the block with all this heart?

Are you serious? Stay in school young man and don't touch the keyboard for awhile.
 11 years ago '04        #80
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
 ItsYaboyJay said:
Queen Pen a Legend in hip-hop? hahahahahaha. TLC??? They are R&B homie. How is Yo-yo's career any different than Monie Love. Name a song other than You Can't Play with my Yo-Yo. Sister Souljah?? Just because she was a small part of a group that were legends doesn't make her a legend. Rah Digga? Her career can't fu*k with the rest of the ladies up there that I didn't say anything about. And Da Brat is pushing it. The only Bonafied legends on that list are Shante, L-Boogie, The Queen, SNP and Lyte.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
15 comments
1 day ago