Dec 22 - African-Americans are not really supportive of Barack Obama

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What do you think of Obama?

Props Slaps
 12-24-2006, 02:56 AM         #81
MagnumPI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I must say, I have heard the Jr. Senator ffrom the state of Illinois speak on more than one occasion, but I am not overly convinced that he is the best direction for our very misguided country. He can be effective in anything that he chooses to do, but I am not sure if he is the complete package for our president. That is not to say that Bush has been the move for that matter, let us be clear. But, whenn the dust settles, he may have the focus and the direction that we as a group, not black or white need.
 12-24-2006, 07:58 AM         #82
v_nwankwo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Typical "crabs in a bucket" situation. No one wants you to climb out, they just pull you down. Wtf do you mean he's not black enough. This is the problem, any black person makes something of themselves the rest look at them as a house n*gga and question their blackness. Wake up people being black is not about living in the hood and being poor and being a thug. It more about getting out of those struggles and making it even when the whole world is against you. So when Oprah does what she does the black community can't hate and say she has forgotten her race, or when any black person goes to an ivy league school they are all of a sudden not black enough. This mentality is what keeps black people down and unfortunately we will not move forward, therefore we will be like this till the end of time.
People say its the white man keeping us down, well now its the white and the black man keeping us down. Damn we got no chance.
 11 years ago '05        #83
LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20
space
space
$5,658 | Props total: 2255 2255
 Floeji said:
Not saying that I don't think he's a good candidate. I was just uneasy with people calling him "The Voice of the Black People".

His high-yellow, teacake, mulatto a.ss doesn't have what it takes to speak for every one. If you're gonna be a representative of the black people, I want you to be a black a.ss, scare white people to death a.ss n*gga. Not this, Pencey Prep, white bread, light skinned, country club, silver spoon a.ss n*gga.

But that's just me.

exactly

its the same as saying tiger woods represents us in the world of golf:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 11 years ago '05        #84
LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20
space
space
$5,658 | Props total: 2255 2255
 v_nwankwo said:
Typical "crabs in a bucket" situation. No one wants you to climb out, they just pull you down. Wtf do you mean he's not black enough. This is the problem, any black person makes something of themselves the rest look at them as a house n*gga and question their blackness. Wake up people being black is not about living in the hood and being poor and being a thug. It more about getting out of those struggles and making it even when the whole world is against you. So when Oprah does what she does the black community can't hate and say she has forgotten her race, or when any black person goes to an ivy league school they are all of a sudden not black enough. This mentality is what keeps black people down and unfortunately we will not move forward, therefore we will be like this till the end of time.
People say its the white man keeping us down, well now its the white and the black man keeping us down. Damn we got no chance.

no we not hating, the man is half black & was raised by his white mother, give us a man who represents the african americans through example, through african american experience, not by his skin color
 11 years ago '04        #85
jimmylong03 
space
space
$994 | Props total: 0 0
 Tikyle2 said:
Wow slavery started over 400 years ago and the effects of it are still resonating in our minds today. We were conditioned back then to seperate the yard and house zzzzzzs (basically the lighter and darker skinned slaves) and it is still a part of our psyches subconscious today. That's amazing and troubling at the same time.

**If we still carry this today from slavery and its still so strong in our minds imagine how long it's going to take whites who were conditioned to hate blacks from getting that out of their psyche?**

Just a little fruit for thought.

Ayo that's real talk, if you black you black it really ain't about how light you are, your nationality may have some influence but not the color. I think its time for a change but do ya'll actually think if he does get a lot of black supporters, will the whites vote for him as well, I mean some will of coarse, but whites are the majority in this country and everybody else is minority's so it will be a hard position for him to win.
 12-25-2006, 01:52 PM         #86
TAY FLOWZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont trust not one in politics....especially some Arab wit a name like OBAMA....get out of here
 11 years ago '04        #87
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
 Floeji said:
Not saying that I don't think he's a good candidate. I was just uneasy with people calling him "The Voice of the Black People".

His high-yellow, teacake, mulatto a.ss doesn't have what it takes to speak for every one. If you're gonna be a representative of the black people, I want you to be a black a.ss, scare white people to death a.ss n*gga. Not this, Pencey Prep, white bread, light skinned, country club, silver spoon a.ss n*gga.

But that's just me.
first and foremost:
any dumb 'n*gga' who came and co-sign this sh*t got hate from me.
hatin on light-skinned nigas wtf? ugly n*ggas.
a light skin n*gga must of fu*ked one of yalls bi*ch.

yall bein real stereo-typical with them type of comments.
i could of co-signed the silver spoon prep sh*t.
but naw, you became a hater with that other sh*t.

anyways
the real truth of the matter is:

That dude could be the right person for the job but:

America isn't letting a Black man become president before they let a white woman become president first.

if you know history well enough and how america works you will co-sign this statement.

so for everyone hoping for a BLACK president, better hope hillary gets in. [im sayin her because at this point she's most likely with all the momentum behind her.]

soon as that sh*t happens then we in like flint.
hell i was like let her win, then i'll run.

[and my cred. is official]

:sleepy:
 12-25-2006, 02:56 PM         #88
kswift  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the people quoted in the article may be educated university types but they are pretty S T U P I D. this guy is not the right kind of black??? WTF!!! i mean come on!!!
 12-25-2006, 03:04 PM         #89
kswift  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
also these stupid high yellow comments - WTF!!! Malcolm X was high yellow n*ggaS!!!
 11 years ago '05        #90
TRU 504 BoY 
space
space
$1,970 | Props total: 88 88
I guess a lot of african americans want a guy that was born in the hood amd shot mothafu*kas for pride. Oh its not thats he black, it's cause he's part white and has a bunch of degrees is whats bothering everyone. I will never understand this. When a person goesand becomes a candidate for presedency why do you fu*ks gotta look at his color or his background on where he was born or who his parents are. fu*ks wrong with everyone? why not look at what he's done so far for the state or the country or better yet, for ALL people. This is why this country is so behind in life cause a lot of you fu*ks analyze everything about a guy. I can accept if he had a criminal background record. but lookin into his parents and skn color is just plan ignorrant.
Side note: come 2008 i'm voting for hilary anyways.
 11 years ago '06        #91
jshinn05 
space
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
 Floeji said:

But that's just me.
This is so ignorant to me jus cause hes educated means hes not good enough to represent the black people I mean look at his politics and not his skin if you agree with the agenda that he has then go with him but if you dont then vote against him but dont base you vote on the fact that white people like him to I think we need somebody like that to bring both whites an blacks together cause aint nuthin gone change if it stays the way it is right now. And if you dont educate yourself on each candidate to see what they stand for then you should not vote ever because ur jus adding to the problem Im black and I believe he would be a great president if given the chance

LBoogie2122 said:
no we not hating, the man is half black & was raised by his white mother, give us a man who represents the african americans through example, through african american experience, not by his skin color
And exactly what is the african american experience and please dont give an ignorant response like growin up in the hood because that economic status aint got nuthin to do with how black you are and yall saying he was raised by his white mother like he had a choice in the matter or somethin or he had a choice of who his father was gonna be and really if you wanna talk about goin through tough sh*t its really harder for lighskinned people to get accepted by any race because they are black or white enough for either side and believe me Im not tellin anybody to vote for the man but damn give some better reasons than "hes lightskinned" and "He didnt grow up poor like other black people", "he was raise by his whit mother" that sh*t is ignorant.

Last edited by jshinn05; 12-25-2006 at 04:34 PM..
 12-25-2006, 04:49 PM         #92
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TAY FLOWZ said:
i dont trust not one in politics....especially some Arab wit a name like OBAMA....get out of here
...... wow
 12-25-2006, 05:26 PM         #93
Guyser302  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
U know what black history his filled with blacks hating on blacks and not supporting there people. too many n*ggas and i say n*ggas becasue that is what most of these journalist are acting are too caught up with or "heritage" and "history" fu*k that we have history and its dark history. So now when a black dude comes in and gets accepted we say....um he's not black enough for me so i dont know about him! wtf there's been noooo black president's in our history and i know these fu*ks voted before so which president was black enough for them?? i tell you man until we all come together and work together we wont go any where. sh*t makes no sense to me, who cares how he was raised and where he was raised thats what makes him who he is. until Obama says i dont fu*k with blacks and doesnt address our issues or prloblems then you can say what u feel but until then. shut the fu*k up!

its sounds like a setup to me

this to me is very skeptical because in my OPINION it to close to a middle easterners names its like the GOVERNMENT is setting us blacks up for something
 12-25-2006, 05:27 PM         #94
Guyser302  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jshinn05 said:
This is so ignorant to me jus cause hes educated means hes not good enough to represent the black people I mean look at his politics and not his skin if you agree with the agenda that he has then go with him but if you dont then vote against him but dont base you vote on the fact that white people like him to I think we need somebody like that to bring both whites an blacks together cause aint nuthin gone change if it stays the way it is right now. And if you dont educate yourself on each candidate to see what they stand for then you should not vote ever because ur jus adding to the problem Im black and I believe he would be a great president if given the chance

And exactly what is the african american experience and please dont give an ignorant response like growin up in the hood because that economic status aint got nuthin to do with how black you are and yall saying he was raised by his white mother like he had a choice in the matter or somethin or he had a choice of who his father was gonna be and really if you wanna talk about goin through tough sh*t its really harder for lighskinned people to get accepted by any race because they are black or white enough for either side and believe me Im not tellin anybody to vote for the man but damn give some better reasons than "hes lightskinned" and "He didnt grow up poor like other black people", "he was raise by his whit mother" that sh*t is ignorant.

man shut that sh*t up

you know what the F#ck he meant
 12-25-2006, 05:38 PM         #95
Awperator2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 81stFlow said:
As a Black Canadian, this issue hasn't been a topic of discussion, but I'm glad to see a post like this on BX.. Honestly at this point i think the argument about "how" Black Obama is becomes irrelevant. ANY Black man who is running for such a coveted political position should be backed by the Black community.

But that's just me...
why? why the fu*k should he be backed because of his color? it shouldn't even play a role positive or negative, sadly it does
 11 years ago '04        #96
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 murdahudawg said:
first and foremost:
any dumb 'n*gga' who came and co-sign this sh*t got hate from me.
hatin on light-skinned nigas wtf? ugly n*ggas.
a light skin n*gga must of fu*ked one of yalls bi*ch.

yall bein real stereo-typical with them type of comments.
i could of co-signed the silver spoon prep sh*t.
but naw, you became a hater with that other sh*t.

anyways
the real truth of the matter is:

That dude could be the right person for the job but:

America isn't letting a Black man become president before they let a white woman become president first.

if you know history well enough and how america works you will co-sign this statement.

so for everyone hoping for a BLACK president, better hope hillary gets in. [im sayin her because at this point she's most likely with all the momentum behind her.]

soon as that sh*t happens then we in like flint.
hell i was like let her win, then i'll run.

[and my cred. is official]

:sleepy:
I'm not hating on him because he's lightskinned. I merley mentioned that because as history has proven, the light-skinned Negro is more readily accepted by the white majority than the darker Negro. Chill homeboy.
 11 years ago '04        #97
Floeji 
space
space
 jshinn05 said:

How is it ignorant? Please elaborate. Last time I checked, "ignorance" means "a lack of knowledge of". I am quite up to date on Mr. Barack and his platform. What I stated was MY opinion based on the information that I received. So, in closing. Get Bent.

And for him not not having the "Afro-American" experience, it DOES play a major part in MY opinion and view of him. Take away his skin color. Now what's the difference between him and other Presidential Candidates past and present?

Exactly.

This is why I felt that as far as people lauding him because he's black, I disagreed. I just don't feel like he's the epitome of Black politicians. He's just a few shades darker than his political counterparts.

n*gga.
 11 years ago '04        #98
Floeji 
space
space
 vegasman said:
It's hard to even respond to some sh*t like this.....it's never going to end.....like crabs in a fu*kin bucket.....

No matter what a black person says, looks, thinks, speaks, acts, etc there is always going to be an ignorant buffoon **** trying to bring him/her down.

So what if Barack is mixed or wasn't raised in the hood, does that make him any less black? This is the problem, instead of embracing all of our people as a whole we want to ostracize the blacks that may have had more advantages growing up then some others.

I mean you have clowns such as this person......

I think to myself, what type of ignorant Negro would write some bullsh*t like this....then I look at his signature and understand.....

" Yeah...I'm Kind of A Big Deal...

I make beats, play soccer, race SUV's, and just be all around "That n*gga"....I wear almost nothing but Polo Shirts and Bathing Apes and Gold Jewelry...I stay fresh and the hoes love me....What else can i say?? Call me...My number is 8"

You steady spending all that money on flashy, typical, stupid n*gga sh*t with no real redemption value while doing nothing but falling right into the white man's trap, helping him get rich, and making us look like fools that follow any fashion trend put in front of our face.....

Bottom Line......WE NEED BLACKS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE UNITED TO SUCEED. Not just the hood black, but also the educated black, the entrepreneurial black, the black from another country, the black who listens to heavy metal and/or rock and roll, etc.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Wow. Last i checked, Gold does retain it's value.

My feelings were against people putting him up on a pedestal for having black blood. So the fu*k what? As far as "being black", I'm sure his mother gave him a really intensive course in that and his heritage right?

If he wasn't part Negro, no one would care as much. Tell me I'm wrong. With his background, he's no different than his white political colleagues. Except for being a few shades darker.

Damn. Was it that hard to comprehend? My apologies for not being articulate enough.

And how about keeping the personal attacks to a minimum?

BTW. I hate clowns.

Oh. And for clarification. I'm able to live somewhat lavishly because of the hard work that I put in. I can afford it. n*gga. I'm also paying for college. So what else are you saying?

Last edited by Floeji; 12-25-2006 at 07:28 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #99
Floeji 
space
space
 BayBuryYa said:
Man that's sad u feel that way. First, just because he is mixed doesn't mean he isn't black. Second, u don't know how he paid for anything so silver spoon is an a.ssumption because he went to Harvard. People say I was born with a silver spoon cause I have nice things, and can articulate a sentence but I also know that headache u get when u are hungry as sh*t with nothing to eat, n goin to bed hungry. No offense, but you are a perfect example of a good slave. Instead of trying to support or understand his policies, u strike him down for being yellow. I mean before u say he can't speak for everyone, which no one can, why not read about him. First its an accomplishment to be elected a senator in the first place. Have respect for his struggle, being half black makes it that much harder, its never easy. So despite him being light, he is obviously black, and if that doesn't scare white people, good because I rather have him in the office than Kerry, Bush, Rudy G., Hiliary etc. Him and John Edwards would be a great benefit to minorities and the poor, but I digress. Furthermore, I bet u have no idea about politics or his positions on certain issues. And lastly lets not get it twisted, half black, a quarter black...u are black. Despite what Tiger Woods says, when white and black people look at him they see a black guy. U think Barack has never been called a n*gger or anything? I know that doesn't qualify your blackness but being mixed and intelligent doesn't lessen it either. If he was dark, ignorant, militant with no chance of winnin, ud love him. Cause we are just crab in a bucket, keep pullin each other down.
Whoa cuz. Keep your sadness to yourself. Goddamn it. For the last time. It's not because he's lightskinned. Damn. It's other people saying he's the savior and sh*t like that and the "Great Black Hope". What I'm saying is, personally, I don't feel he's qualified to wear that mantle. That's what I'm saying. He has the same Harvard education, and all the other trappings of the elites, only a few shades darker.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to think the way I do, I've always been an unconventional thinker. But what I'm saying is, don't denounce me for my well written and articulate opinion. Because, that's all it is. An opinion. It's not full of typographical errors and erroneous syntax. So let's just debate it civilly and without personal attacks and defamations of character. OK?
 11 years ago '06        #100
jshinn05 
space
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
 Guyser302 said:
man shut that sh*t up

you know what the F#ck he meant
no im sorry i aint readin between the lines on an internet forum if he meant somethin else then let him say it and lol at floeji given me hate like that mean sumthin its all good tho and floeji wat did u mean by jesse jacksons ghetto as hell i mean yea he grew up in the ghetto and hes educated how does that prove your point ther are many of us who growup poor and get an education and go on to do bigger and better things it still doesnt justify you sayin fu*k Obama like you know somethin about the mans life like I said im not advocating you to vote for him im jus saying if you dont like the guy give some real reasons I respect your opinion even though I dont agree Im jus sayin have some real reasons for feelin that way not a petty one the way you came off in ya first you sounded like you was bashin the man just because of his background and not his poilitical platform because u did not mention it and im not even gonna say ill vote for him, 2008 will determine that but its whatever I believe if he does everything he says he will then he will make a great president.

Last edited by jshinn05; 12-25-2006 at 07:59 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago