Dec 22 - African-Americans are not really supportive of Barack Obama

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What do you think of Obama?

Props Slaps
 12-22-2006, 12:26 PM         #41
ghettoprincess  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
From what i've seen on message boards alone, most african americans support him simply because he's black

im english so i couldnt give a fu*k, if he's good then im glad he's getting some support, if he's whack then fu*k everyone supportin him

i couldn't care less what color he was, I didn't even like him that much...

until I heard him speak, until he answered ever question that was directed at him straightforward and kept it real. thats what I want to see in a President, someone that doesn't hide sh*t and just try to advance themselves. he seems to genuinely care.

people that are only concerned with the color of his skin are just ignorant. he is a better speaker, better educated, and addresses issues 10x better than the current President. That's why he's getting my vote if he runs.

and him being black doesn't hurt. hopefully he will do something to help African Americans excel economically instead of trying to keep them poor.
 11 years ago '04        #42
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 ghettoprincess said:
i couldn't care less what color he was, I didn't even like him that much...

until I heard him speak, until he answered ever question that was directed at him straightforward and kept it real. thats what I want to see in a President, someone that doesn't hide sh*t and just try to advance themselves. he seems to genuinely care.

people that are only concerned with the color of his skin are just ignorant. he is a better speaker, better educated, and addresses issues 10x better than the current President. That's why he's getting my vote if he runs.

and him being black doesn't hurt. hopefully he will do something to help African Americans excel economically instead of trying to keep them poor.
^^^This is what it's all about
 11 years ago '05        #43
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
Most black people in the hood don't even know of Obama yet, but in suburban areas he's def raising a buzz. People say he doesn't have enough experience, but some are saying thats a good thing. He is tained by politics, and is really is straight forward. By the looks of it, if he gets to run, I'll be voting for him if he continues to impress(first time I'll get to vote too).
 11 years ago '05        #44
Roemoaphi 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
Why are "n*ggas" so terrified of educated, articulate, black people?

Any time a black man/woman with these characteristics steps forward for any reason, "n*ggas" want to discredit their message or motives, because they are not black/street/hood/real enough. When did street/hood/real become the definition for black? Just as white encompasses all forms of white people, from the rich upper class whites, to the middle class, to the trailer trash. Why doesn't black emcompass all those areas as well?

Bill Cosby comes out and says that n*ggas should want to do something with their lives other than smoke, drink, fu*k, f!ght and shoot at each other and n*ggas want to pick him apart for it. So what if he has some misdeeds in his backgorund, he still has done more for blacks than most of the n*ggas that tried to attack him put together and the same goes for Oprah.

It's a damn shame that the only people that n*ggas want to give respect to are n*ggas that are doing ignorant sh*t and getting away with it. "Lil Knucklehead", "Young Dumbass", or "OG Disgrace" get on the mic and talks about trappin', k!llin', slaggin', or any other topic that involves 'comin up' on the downfall of other blacks and they sell a million records and get nothin' but love. Jay-Z and Nas switch their topics slightly to include more positive lyrics and "n*ggas" hate them for it.

Martin and Malcolm would both love the fact that Obama is being judged on his merits and not by his skin color by Whites. That's what they both died for... equality! How ironic that with signs of that occuring in the White community, "n*ggas" are not able to do the same.

Black people, please don't let "n*ggas" become the voice for us all!

Last edited by Roemoaphi; 12-22-2006 at 01:48 PM..
 12-22-2006, 01:49 PM         #45
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Roemoaphi said:
Why are "n*ggas" so terrified of educated, articulate, black people?

Any time a black man/woman with these characteristics steps forward for any reason, "n*ggas" want to discredit their message or motives, because they are not black/street/hood/real enough. When did street/hood/real become the definition for black? Just as white encompasses all forms of white people, from the rich upper class whites, to the middle class, to the trailer trash. Why doesn't black emcompass all those areas as well?

Bill Cosby comes out and says that n*ggas should want to do something with their lives other than smoke, drink, fu*k, f!ght and shoot at each other and n*ggas want to pick him apart for it. So what if he has some misdeeds in his backgorund, he still has done more for blacks than most of the n*ggas that tried to attack him put together and the same goes for Oprah.

It's a damn shame that the only people that n*ggas want to give respect to are n*ggas that are doing ignorant sh*t and getting away with it. "Lil Knucklehead", "Young Dumbass", or "OG Disgrace" get on the mic and talks about trappin', k!llin', slaggin', or any other topic that involves 'comin up' on the downfall of other blacks and they sell a million records and get nothin' but love. Jay-Z and Nas switch their topics slightly to include more positive lyrics and "n*ggas" hate them for it.

Martin and Malcolm would both love the fact that Obama is being judged on his merits and not by his skin color by Whites. That's what they both died for... equality! How ironic that with signs of that occuring in the White community, "n*ggas" are not able to do the same.

Black people, please don't let "n*ggas" become the voice for us all!

maybe you should read up more on bill cosby because he doesnt speak uplifting at all he down's black men and leaves black men with no solutions. By telling black men they are sperm donors and they should turn there back is not for the good of black men. The same doesnt go for oprah because case in point, chicago should be a better place, you talk about black rappers do this and black rappers do that, but they do the same as you when it comes to the community only a little bit. She wears the biggest diamonds in the world and knows they are blood diamonds but yet she reports to us that its ok for her to wear the diamonds because she gives out school supplies for the kids or shoes! wtf they need more then that....you have 13 yr olds dying for diamonds working for food at that age should be outlawed but in the states we can care less because we have billions to just throw away because that saying "Im straight" is what drives your hunger for more money. Obama has enough courage to stand up to years and years of white men and its society, to become the first black president ever! thats some strong sh*t to do and conqour a black man leading a free country??? think about that sh*t the only us blacks can succeed is by coming together. And by these journalist hating and people not understanding what a real black leader is will only seperate us more!
 12-22-2006, 01:51 PM         #46
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who wrote this article? was it a black dude or white? becaues this could also be a ploy to sway people away from dude. you think the repulicans are just gonna sit back and let this dude rise to the top and become a "savior" of america??? hell no somebody is repulican in that article!
 11 years ago '04        #47
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
who wrote this article? was it a black dude or white? becaues this could also be a ploy to sway people away from dude. you think the repulicans are just gonna sit back and let this dude rise to the top and become a "savior" of america??? hell no somebody is repulican in that article!
Possibly.........
 11 years ago '05        #48
Roemoaphi 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
maybe you should read up more on bill cosby because he doesnt speak uplifting at all he down's black men and leaves black men with no solutions. By telling black men they are sperm donors and they should turn there back is not for the good of black men. The same doesnt go for oprah because case in point, chicago should be a better place, you talk about black rappers do this and black rappers do that, but they do the same as you when it comes to the community only a little bit. She wears the biggest diamonds in the world and knows they are blood diamonds but yet she reports to us that its ok for her to wear the diamonds because she gives out school supplies for the kids or shoes! wtf they need more then that....you have 13 yr olds dying for diamonds working for food at that age should be outlawed but in the states we can care less because we have billions to just throw away because that saying "Im straight" is what drives your hunger for more money. Obama has enough courage to stand up to years and years of white men and its society, to become the first black president ever! thats some strong sh*t to do and conqour a black man leading a free country??? think about that sh*t the only us blacks can succeed is by coming together. And by these journalist hating and people not understanding what a real black leader is will only seperate us more!

I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with all of it. I have read quite a bit about what Bill Cosby said and the bottom line to what he said was:

"n*ggas need to get their sh*t together"

The solution:

"stop doing that dumb sh*t"

Obviously I'm putting it much more bluntly, but that's all there was to it. The uplifting comes when you stop doing that dumbsh*t and start doing something with your life. However... I'm well aware that opinions vary on whether he was right or not and that really was not the point of my statement.

My point was that when he or any other black person steps out and makes a statement thats intent is to be positive, instead of addressing the statement n*ggas want to address the individuals character, upbringing, blackness, etc. n*ggas only seem to want to rally behind other "n*ggas" that are making destructive statements or living destructive lifestyles.

Obama is an educated, articulate, positive, black man that is not catering to the lowest common denominator and "n*ggas" can't wait to find fault in him for that.
 11 years ago '06        #49
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
I guarentee you 90% of the people on this message board dont know anything he stands for.
 11 years ago '04        #50
memphis10 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 2989 2989
 Dead Prezidents said:
Nobody is the voice of the black people. Not Martin, not Malcolm. No one person can speak for a whole race. And I love Martin and Malcolm, they indeed had very very powerful voices, they have speeches that will put you in tears, but neither of them were speaking for a whole race. A lot of blacks that were siding with Martin did not side with Malcolm, and the people that sided with Malcolm did not side with Martin.

As for this person who wrote the article questioning Barack Obama's blackness, he is a fu*king moron. Whether he is a prep, white bred, light skinned, country club, silver spoon a.ss n*gga as you say, he still has that skin color that makes other races discriminate. Just because he is an educated black man that is very close to a seat in the White House people want to start a backlash, and that's what most people talk about when they say blacks need to Unite, because once a black person sees another black person doing better than them they get to bashing their credibility and taking shots at him because of the green eye. Do you think just because he is educated and is well-spoken that he does not go through racism, I think not, racism in America has nothing to do with class, like in most hispanic countries, it has to do with skin color. So hate him or love him, but respect him as a black man that is doing something.
this pretty much sums up my opinion....co-sign
 12-22-2006, 02:54 PM         #51
KarmaDhana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
You got a point here. You are probably right!
 11 years ago '04        #52
bingiedred 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,744 | Props total: 691 691
Is he the same guy from the street f!ghter video game?

The guy with the electricity
 11 years ago '04        #53
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
He can't beat Hilary, she has to much money, to much experience and Bill Clinton to guide her through the whole thing. And we are due for another Clinton in office. The smart thing to do would be her Vice-President and gain hella experience that way before running on your own. Obama doesn't have enough following nor experience to win this thing. Still wished Colin would have ran in 2000 didnt even give a fu*k that he was a Republican.

Last edited by tazbk; 12-22-2006 at 03:56 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #54
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
 GaryIn'75 said:
This is the truth.....The thing about black americans is that we don't discriminate on each other skin tone but we do discriminate class. 90% of black on here don't like Oprah, Bill Cosby or any other black that has done anything with his life thats good or that speak out to our black youth to incorage them to do better with their lives. Jay Z is older and is changing his style to be more maketable and people hate that but 50cent can shoot somebody and yall love him
That is how we do, I just don't understand it.
 11 years ago '04        #55
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,116 | Props total: 1150 1150
alotta black people still dont vote....

sh*ts disgusting
 11 years ago '04        #56
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
 sunn4511 said:
it is not at all. you just said because of education level but guess what i feel dikembe mutombo can do a better job than our current president.
Well Mutumbo is highly educated, he did go to Georgetown. Can't remember if it was he or Ewing that went back and got their Law degree. Either way, Mutumbo is a HUGE political figure in Africa, always gives back to his country and speaks more languages than anyone I have ever seen. He probably has and IQ higher than Obama. So Mutumbo is more than educated.
 11 years ago '04        #57
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,331 | Props total: 4456 4456
This is why America votes in Presidents like Bush, people are so stupid. It should not matter about skin color anyway. Vote for people whose campaign platform you agree with, do not vote for someone who you think "relates to you" how stupid. Ugh, what is with humans
 11 years ago '05        #58
Double M Set 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,452 | Props total: 1551 1551
Obama could be president but it is way to early in the game for him atleast. What is with the black people hating on there own kind, there always on some oreo sh*t with these political figures and sh*t. I don't get it, you dont want some super black a.ss motherfu*ker trying to run for president that will prolly make you look foolish.
 12-23-2006, 02:58 PM         #59
thugmentality04  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good read....

But who cares what color he is or what his experiences are...as long as we all can be comfortable with the platform he has and the strides he will make towards improving minorities' standing in the US. Blacks love clinton because he showed a genunine concern for the well-being of the lower class and employed many blacks in high positions. I believe barack positive affect if he is elected president or even vp with hilary...
 11 years ago '04        #60
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 Dead Prezidents said:
Nobody is the voice of the black people. Not Martin, not Malcolm. No one person can speak for a whole race. And I love Martin and Malcolm, they indeed had very very powerful voices, they have speeches that will put you in tears, but neither of them were speaking for a whole race. A lot of blacks that were siding with Martin did not side with Malcolm, and the people that sided with Malcolm did not side with Martin.

As for this person who wrote the article questioning Barack Obama's blackness, he is a fu*king moron. Whether he is a prep, white bred, light skinned, country club, silver spoon a.ss n*gga as you say, he still has that skin color that makes other races discriminate. Just because he is an educated black man that is very close to a seat in the White House people want to start a backlash, and that's what most people talk about when they say blacks need to Unite, because once a black person sees another black person doing better than them they get to bashing their credibility and taking shots at him because of the green eye. Do you think just because he is educated and is well-spoken that he does not go through racism, I think not, racism in America has nothing to do with class, like in most hispanic countries, it has to do with skin color. So hate him or love him, but respect him as a black man that is doing something.

Um. Dark Colombians and Light Colombians, hate each other. Like serious murdering hatred. It's not only class boyo.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago