Dec 19th-Why Does Jeezy Get A Pass For Being Wack?? (don't shoot me)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #141
I_Am_Hiphop134 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,923 | Props total: 156 156
 tazbk said:
First of all the threadstarter did not WRITE this article, I posted the link where it came from like any other person who posts NEWS in this section. Second of all, I grew up in the streets from bedstuy brooklyn to southeast dc. I didn't succumb to the streets but I damn sure saw enough to tell me that I didn't want that to be my life. So I guess you can a.ssociate my life more along the lines of Nas. I had family bagging crack in my house. I hung with n*ggas that slang. I've had guns pulled out on me and I've seen n*ggas get shot, stabbed and all out beat down. It's not whether or not I can relate to Jeezy because I have fam and friends in the feds and no I ain't going to visit them, that is their fault for getting locked up. We all came up under the same conditions and I chose a different path. I personally just don't like Jeezy's music, it just doesnt do anything for me just like maybe Quote Unquote nerd rap might not do anything for you. His lyrics just don't do it for me and I happen to like clever wordplay and more advanced rhymes, that's just me homie. I can relate to a street n*gga all day long but I would be dumb to still be on the corners/hanging out/shooting the sh*t when I have an education a good a.ss job and better sh*t to do. There ain't nothing wrong with staying out the streets.

I RESPECT DAT
 11 years ago '04        #142
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,218 | Props total: 223 223
Props that was real talk... I feel the exact same way B...
 11 years ago '04        #143
tazbk 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Georgia_boi said:
y is he so wack 4 saying sum bull sh*t lik that Jeezy Da Realest n*gga n da game... he only wack 2 n*ggas that aint neva wanted no money u gotta b a real n*gga 2 understand a real n*gga....
ignorance is bliss
 11 years ago '04        #144
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Lake85 said:
the reason ppl buy those artists is because like u said they want music to dance/party to and that's cool. but to say those artists are the best rappers at the moment is retarded. lyrical rappers don't sell because a lot of the sh*t they say fly over a lot of people's heads or the ppl just can't appreciate an artist who truely loves hip hop/rap and uses that to make songs that provoke thought and have n*ggas pressing the rewind button cause what they just said was so sick. to me a lot of the southern artists dumb their music down so they can spoonfeed their listeners that don't like thinking. while lyrical rappers from where ever(east, south, west, midwest) put more thought into their music cause that gets their listeners using their brain to decipher what they just said and to also stimulate their minds.
nah man i never said they were better because they were selling and honestly my fav album of the year was lupe so dont think i just ride the south like that cuz im orig from the midwest... but i let my opinion out n im done now and thanks for the educative arguement
 11 years ago '04        #145
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 tazbk said:
ignorance is bliss
i like phonte n all but i dont agree with that statement in your sig... the last part is funny but the rest is suspect to me... cuz if hes rapping about what he does/has done in his life isnt that what hip hop is about?
 11 years ago '04        #146
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
Good read. The writer of the article made everything clear about how he feels about Jeezy. However, I will say this; Jeezy is whatever when it comes to lyrics. I look at Jeezy as a fad, meaning ppl only think hes dope juss cuz his name is big right now. He has nice production, but other than that theres other rappers who mention coke but with much more lyrical content.
Most ppl say he's dope because they can relate to him, but that doesn't justify anything. Matter of fact, his first album sold over a mill, and his second is at 350K. If its that many ppl relatin to Jeezy, then thats not a good look for us blacks. If you sittin back glorifyin Jeezy for spittin sh*t u can relate to, then its a sign that you need to pursue bigger things to make it outta the ghetto. And for those who say "whoever aint feelin Jeezy gotta be a nerd", your taste in music doesn't determine your popularity.
 12-21-2006, 08:40 PM         #147
rdl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Theres more to an artist and an album than just lyrical ability and its unfortunate more talented emcees dont realize this and put a good album together

The Inspiration is a decent album especially compared to all the let downs lately. The production is better than alot of albums that dropped in 06 and Jeezy is far from the worse emcee out right now. He might not be for everyone but if ur not a fan get over the fact that other ppl enjoy his music
 12-21-2006, 08:49 PM         #148
rdl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lake85 said:
lyrical rappers don't sell because a lot of the sh*t they say fly over a lot of people's heads
I'm so tired of hearing that sh*t. It is true to a certain extent but overall alot of lyrical muthafu*kas do not sell because they either have no flow or they just don't know how to put together a good song much less a good album!

Production is and has always been important. All classic albums also have great production. U need both or a nice combo of both to sell.
 12-21-2006, 09:07 PM         #149
BigSnapmactown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy aint trtyin to be lyrical like nas...

its a whole different kind of music...when da fu*k u ppl gonna realize that?

its apples and oranges...

when im chillin or im in the car i dont wanna hear muhfu*kin NAS or Talib or Royce 5'9''

I want something that beat and some slick laid back lyrics...

seriously...ppl complain too much...and subject everyone else to thety opinion
 11 years ago '04        #150
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
 rdl said:
I'm so tired of hearing that sh*t. It is true to a certain extent but overall alot of lyrical muthafu*kas do not sell because they either have no flow or they just don't know how to put together a good song much less a good album!

Production is and has always been important. All classic albums also have great production. U need both or a nice combo of both to sell.
Its true tho, lyrical artists are often slept on. Its all a part of communication. Basically, if you speakin somethin that ppl arent gonna understand, they aren't gonna wanna hear it. Artists like Jeezy, Weezy, etc., are more "listener friendly" because they speak at a level where everyone will comprehend what their sayin. Ppl slept on Lupe and he put together a good album, but since he is more complex, ppl weren't tryna hear what he had to say. When it comes to business simplicity always beats complexity because that what satifies the ppl.
 12-21-2006, 10:39 PM         #151
J_Uneek 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't even get why this went a whole 11 pages. The article is focusing on Jeezy being a WACK rapper. Being at a sub par skill level at RAPPING. That's all. He's wondering why we praise a n*gga who isn't skilled at his craft.

If you need a plumber to come fix ya pipes, and the plumber you get completely sucks at being a plumber, but the n*gga is from ya hometown and you can relate to em and he makes you feel good, you gonna hire him again to fix your pipes? Of course not. The writer is just saying is you can like the n*gga, just don't try to act like he is one of the best RAPPERS. It's impossible to be that with no skill. Like it or not, when you are a rapper, (if nothing else else) you need skill at RAPPING. Go figure... Now I'm not saying Jeezy has no skill, but the his skill level is not very high. Everybody is defending why they like Jeezy or listen to Jezzy. The article doesn't say don't like him. Just don't act like the n*gga is a good rapper. Cuz he's not...
 11 years ago '04        #152
Jaysin_305 78 heat pts78
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 255 255
that n*gga sucks like a hooker on a street corner
he has no message and i dont hate ! rappers are supposed to ryhme
i guess he forgot that part t.i is ill n hes a dopeboy maybe tip should show him whts up
 11 years ago '05        #153
ceo-of-hucworld 25 heat pts25
space
space
$8,018 | Props total: 9838 9838
basically Jeezy is hot cause he dont make you think when it comes to rap. Nas put it best here a few years ago when he said, " when you force nigahz to think they dont listen to you, thats why I never be as popular as I can be." in my mind more true words were never spoken. I never sold rocks, I dont rock ice, I dont pay $400 to $800 for a single pair of jeans, and I dont club. so none of that sh*t pretains to me at all. nice beats, if anything dude is entertaining at best.
 12-22-2006, 10:22 AM         #154
maseface80 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im so tired of these threads attacking the artist of today. Im sick and tired of n*ggas talkin about Weezy, The Dip (minus Jim Jones), Jeezy, The Game, every n*gga pretty much who don't give a fu*k about the rest of the n*ggas like Jay-Z, Nas, and the rest of the "Real Hip Hop Dons."

I don't care how you slice it as a critic of the music, you hating. I do believe it was a n*gga before all these n*gga's claiming the best without saying it, and that was Pac. Now i know Biggie fans might not agree but if he was around, who would be fu*king wit Pac. Every n*gga in the game has tried to shine off his glory.

Music evolves, music molds into the time and the minds of the generation. We all listened to Bone Thugs, we all listened to No Limit, we all listened to the down south real n*ggas like, Scarface, Eightball MJG, Bun B and Pimp C, all that. Hip hop has many faces but now that n*ggas today are arrogant about what they doin, and how they gettin money n*ggas just hate by default.

Rhyming was the first test (Eric B/Rakim), being hard/real was next test (LL Cool J/Eazy E), Having a entourage was the next, (No Limit, Rocafella, Ruff Ryders), now the struggle to making money has set the platform for success so thats what n*gga is spittin about. LET THE GAME EVOLVE AND STOP HATING. BEEF IS ONE THING, HATING IS ANOTHER. Its ok for you to not like the Franchise Boys, Nelly, Chingy, or anyone else who don't fit your bill, but don't say, "I don't see why they are that way, or why they saying that," cuz duh muthafu*ka people are buying it, people are feeling it.
 12-22-2006, 10:28 AM         #155
Aamad Appleby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hold on now jeezy never been wack dat n*gga came out hard u say sh*t 32miil in one week on da cd tip
 11 years ago '06        #156
Tapeking 1 heat pts
space
space
$508 | Props total: 308 308
damn yo that was long winded but I feel u on that
 11 years ago '05        #157
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
 maseface80 said:
Im so tired of these threads attacking the artist of today. Im sick and tired of n*ggas talkin about Weezy, The Dip (minus Jim Jones), Jeezy, The Game, every n*gga pretty much who don't give a fu*k about the rest of the n*ggas like Jay-Z, Nas, and the rest of the "Real Hip Hop Dons."

I don't care how you slice it as a critic of the music, you hating. I do believe it was a n*gga before all these n*gga's claiming the best without saying it, and that was Pac. Now i know Biggie fans might not agree but if he was around, who would be fu*king wit Pac. Every n*gga in the game has tried to shine off his glory.

Music evolves, music molds into the time and the minds of the generation. We all listened to Bone Thugs, we all listened to No Limit, we all listened to the down south real n*ggas like, Scarface, Eightball MJG, Bun B and Pimp C, all that. Hip hop has many faces but now that n*ggas today are arrogant about what they doin, and how they gettin money n*ggas just hate by default.

Rhyming was the first test (Eric B/Rakim), being hard/real was next test (LL Cool J/Eazy E), Having a entourage was the next, (No Limit, Rocafella, Ruff Ryders), now the struggle to making money has set the platform for success so thats what n*gga is spittin about. LET THE GAME EVOLVE AND STOP HATING. BEEF IS ONE THING, HATING IS ANOTHER. Its ok for you to not like the Franchise Boys, Nelly, Chingy, or anyone else who don't fit your bill, but don't say, "I don't see why they are that way, or why they saying that," cuz duh muthafu*ka people are buying it, people are feeling it.
i fail to see how analyzing the lyrical content of these current day "emcees" and voicing an opinion is "hating" everyone in this thread that agrees with me says that the modern day lyrics from your average emcee are intellectually deviod in character and it sucks. and urban life is molded by what is currently "hot". and ive watched my people basque in ignorance and love it and the music of today promotes it. you want to have a few rappers talking about bustin guns and slingin drugs, thats cool, but every other day some "young" or another "lil" is dropping some sh*t with a wack beat and garbage rhymes and people love it,and they're loving the wrong thing!!! what about when knowledge was popular? it still should be,thats why you havent heard from KRS,P.E. (who's touring right now) RAKIM, NUBIAN, and whoever else and it sucks. because the people who hate our music can now say that our music is garbage and it's true and i for one hate it. now it's all about cursing every two seconds and k!lling brothers and smacking sisters.

like i said before,a few rappers like that isnt a problem,but a new one drops every 5 minutes man the game is flooded with a bunch of garbage and we promote the wrong message in the music. we rap about giving other cultures a reason to be afraid of us,i dont think its cool but whatever.forgive the novel i wrote but the music i grew up with and love is now the theme music for a generation of ignorance and violence and i wish that image wasnt what people thought of when someone said "rap music"
 11 years ago '04        #158
Mega 
space
space
$5,596 | Props total: 984 984
I think he's wack

But one of my favorite groups are MOP, and they aren't lyrical.

But I don't really see anything Jeezy brings to the table other than catchy hooks and an image. That's what sells records these days though.
 11 years ago '04        #159
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 Tulaw said:
You fu+king mad men. Young Jeezy is a piece of sh*t yo. Dat n*gga lack the most basic principles of rap. Dude is just talking which any1 can do.
well sh*t let me go get a record deal and sell over 2 mil for just "talking"

11 years ago '04        #160
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
^in the 21st century, beats sell records...
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy