Dec 19th-Why Does Jeezy Get A Pass For Being Wack?? (don't shoot me)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
206 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
40 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-20-2006, 03:28 PM         #101
r_2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
THAT n*gga JEEZY IS A REAL n*gga!!!I TAUGHT HE WAS sh*t UNTIL MY YOUNGBOY WAS BANGIN THE FIRST LP IN HIS WHEEL!!!!! HE DO BE HAVIN SOME HOT a.ss BEATS, HE BE SAYIN SOME ILL sh*t. BUT LYRICALLY HE'S TRASH, IT'S JUST REAL RECONIZES REAL!!!!!
 12-20-2006, 03:29 PM         #102
CrackMp3z 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cause I ainít gonna let my kids read one day that fu*king Chingy was one of the great emcees of the 21st century.

HAHAHA I bump poka music if that happens!
 11 years ago '04        #103
tazbk 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 BoneKollecter said:
wanna know why put the jeezy on makes you wanna get your hustle on and thats why people like it.....he talk about she I do we do sh*t i can relate to
So you are a gangsta, hustler, dope boy, murder, real n*gga and you are on boxden??
 11 years ago '04        #104
tazbk 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 usoldier said:
Jeezy's image is what sells him. He's a winner at all times. The beats sound celebratory, like Rocky's theme music. His "get money" ministry even makes broke n*ggas feel good. Its inspirational because his approach is "I'm a n*gga just like you, I'm not even a great rapper, but I'm rich. You can do it too." He's probably a lot brighter than we can give him credit for, due to the redundancy of his lyrics.

Right now he's the king of the Dope Boys, and being that we've been praising dope boys for the past few years its no wonder that he's winning in the rap game. The thug is the warrior of our generation (I guess we haven't realized how low-level "thugs" are on the gangsta totem pole, but ignorance IS bliss . . .) and Jeezy caters to them. He makes anthems for n*ggas in the street, and right now, for one reason or another, thats where everybody is pretending they are. True, T.I. made dope boy anthems, but he also put himself across as a ladys man, and expressed interests outside of the street. Jeezy is RELENTLESS.

If he was more subtle, or more complex, he wouldn't be understood by his intended audience. Not saying that street n*ggas dont have brains, but statistics say that the majority of AMERICA is on a 6th grade reading level or below, which may explain why only 10% of America makes more that $100,000 a year. Keep it simple, throw out a few catch phrases, make your intentions known, and they will follow you.

Now I command you n*ggas to get money.
Quality post, that breaks down why dudes feel him, but it won't change the fact that lyrically he can't hold a stick to most southern artists let alone artists around the country.

Also to others, this thread had nothing to do with a north or south thing, if you read the article also addressed this same issue with The Game, and there are East coast cats that you can apply this to as well. Anytime a valid point is made some dude from the south has to say that someone is hating their region. Kweli called these dudes hater players. Why can't someone state an opinion without being a hater. Personally I'm happy to see a black man get money POSITIVELY of course, so Jeezy keep getting your money playboy, but it won't change the fact that I don't feel your lyrics like that.
 11 years ago '04        #105
dirty v 
space
space
$1,119 | Props total: 0 0
THATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!lol
 12-20-2006, 05:21 PM         #106
PAULDNY518 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Last edited by PAULDNY518; 01-27-2013 at 01:55 PM..
 12-20-2006, 05:24 PM         #107
stg77 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bmoneyz051587 said:
Cause that n*gga talk about sh*t we can relate to. at least me because of where im from and that sh*t i been through and still go through. It's just real talk.
Ok my man,but how many times can you say the same thing,i mean,once you say it one time...people get it....thats why dudes careers dont last because they run out of creativity pretty fu*kin fast...
 11 years ago '04        #108
ABSOLUTE STYLE 
space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 1 1
thank you, i cannot stand jeezy, his lyrical values a .5 out of 10 borin me with his sentence fragments and metaphors.
 11 years ago '06        #109
twiz42 
space
space
$318 | Props total: 0 0
jeezy's 2nd cd is a straight up coaster.
 12-20-2006, 05:45 PM         #110
Ilevakam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mszomola said:
i unno ... but jeezy to me is one of the lowest on the todem pole right now ... i totally agree with the thread ... i totally think hes way over rated and gets too much attention ... .

you know why hiphop is dead ? cause we give losers like mike jones and jeezy , n them way to much attention ....

the greats are still the snoops , dres , etc etc ...

non of these young bucks proved ANYTHING YET ...

you know who has ? ... 50 cent ... but hes ruined his image through bad movies ... bad media attention .. and some stupid controversies which he created for hype ... and and and also a terrible crew who he still puts WAY to much faith in .....

thats my 2 cents ...
I agree, cept about 50. Jeezy is a rich rapper now he doesn't have to do anything like hustlin or gangbangin anymore. Propz Man

Last edited by Ilevakam; 12-20-2006 at 05:48 PM..
 12-20-2006, 05:57 PM         #111
seanie_boy_dem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
listen...to whoever's actually saying you can relate to young jeezy, you're basically saying you can relate to being completley retarted...no offence...there's a 1000 other m.c.'s who've been rapping about wat he does and are ten tyme's more lyrical at the same time...some of you ppl r just lazy and retarted to realize you're being brainwashed...and in any case, their not rapping about anything positive, so if you're gonna sit there and tell me you listen to his sh*t and relate to it you've fallen in the 'trap'...(hence trap muzik) i'll call it 'trap muzik' because their trapping you numbskullz in the ghetto with the rest of the pathetic people who complain complain complain about you're lifestyles whenever it comes to wanting money...no im not pointing the finger at everybody, all i'm sayin is we need more revolutionary music for all of us to rise up and f!ght the battle of poverty instead of falling into that 'trap'...call me wrong, but you know i'm right
 12-20-2006, 06:01 PM         #112
Jay-Tronik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That is a scary thought that Jezzy,Chingy,Nelly,Jim Jones would be considerd great emcees 20 years from now.
 11 years ago '04        #113
jazzypoet 
space
space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
he speaks truth, i mean its nothing wrong with like a club banger thats cool but that don't make them a dope emcee for real seriously people get their panties in a bunch cuz I say jeezy can't rap he just got some cool adlibs and dope beats and he does spit truth and talk that real talk but that don't mean he got dope rhymes and metaphors. people do get all sick over their favorite artist/rappers I mean just cuz nelly can sell can he take on nas or even luda in a cipha well heck half of you all defending jeezy propably don't even know what a cipha is..Hip Hop is Dead
 11 years ago '06        #114
RoBCaSh 
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 169 169
props
 12-20-2006, 06:47 PM         #115
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he prolly gets a pass cuz both of his albums are better than anything else that came out in the same years. Both of his albums were classics. Bumpable all the way through each time. Not many things have that quality these days.

No one said he's a lyricist, but he makes better music than most. And its not just the beats, cuz if you put anyone else on those beats, it will not be the same album.
 11 years ago '04        #116
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
Greatest Article Ever.

Last edited by 1MikE; 12-20-2006 at 07:02 PM..
 12-20-2006, 07:08 PM         #117
Thursday 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think hes koo ya know, not good not bad

he sounds like hes down and sh*t and been through it

but other then that he is kinda wack...
 12-20-2006, 07:39 PM         #118
Renegade07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas is dumb 4 sayin a rapper is good cuz they can relate 2 him...WTF?!?! that makes no fu*kin sense...jus cuz u can relate 2 a n*gga dont make his lyrical skills better...most black ppl can't relate to sh*t eminem raps about but that doesnt make him a sh*tty rapper...n*ggas need 2 get a brain
 11 years ago '04        #119
tazbk 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 macadon83 said:
he prolly gets a pass cuz both of his albums are better than anything else that came out in the same years. Both of his albums were classics. Bumpable all the way through each time. Not many things have that quality these days.

No one said he's a lyricist, but he makes better music than most. And its not just the beats, cuz if you put anyone else on those beats, it will not be the same album.
classic albums?? by what standards?? The instrumentals are bumpable or do you mean you recite all of the lyrics like most people do classic albums? It may not be just the beats but majority of it is. Most of his fans talk about his a) beats b) realness (which they cant define by the way or c) adlibs
 12-21-2006, 12:30 AM         #120
rholmes3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Really Jeezy should be held responsible for his poor lyrics and horrible message, but people usually just turn the bass up and roll down the windows. Jeezy is garbage and many people do know that, but many people from Atlanta find it hard to diss there own artist.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago