Dec 19th-Why Does Jeezy Get A Pass For Being Wack?? (don't shoot me)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-20-2006, 09:57 AM         #81
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This article just backs up my statement that producers are the real stars of the game right now.
 11 years ago '06        #82
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,424 | Props total: 3135 3135
yeah, jeezy and joc are wack as fu*k. I got jeezy's first album and he's a catchy rapper but i can write better raps than this guy. I gave him a pass on his yeahhhhh and thats riiiiight on the first album (and i thought the sh*t was annoying then) but he's still doing that sh*t, and dont get me started on young joc, mother fu*ker is one of the worst. When i saw him doing his song "its going down" live, that was it, he was rapping slow as fu*k and without any emotion, plus it didn't even sound as bad as the song does on the radio/cd, it sounded worse. You could barely here him over the beat, but with all that said, he's a sh*tty rapper cuz again, i can write better sh*t than him. If i had to pick, jeezy>joc, but they both suck.
 11 years ago '04        #83
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
"Real n*ggas love me cuz i talk they lingo"
 11 years ago '06        #84
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,424 | Props total: 3135 3135
 radiculust said:
You know what? Im gettin fu*kin tired of the north alwayz sayin that artists from the south are wack because we rap about money, cars, clothes and hoes. Look at puff! That n*gga made a livin off that shyt! Yall stay on Jay Z d*ck but to me he aint the best. He raps about money n jewelry but also the streets but where have u read he sold drugs? Where have u heard he was raised on the streets? He says it in his rhymes tho right? I understand people have there own opinions but fu*k, y everytime a rapper from the south make a face for himself the north has to knock him down? No i lie, yall on wayne d*ck. Yall wasnt feelin him back in the days when he was hungry n strivin to make it to the top! To me that was his better days! Now hes so full of his self u can see it in his rhymes. He thinks hes the greatest cuz yall stay on his d*ck. Jeezy has a big name in the south. Hate or love it muthafu*ka! GET YO BREAD UP N QUIT HATIN n*gga! THE SOUTH AINT GOIN NO WHERE!

I listen to some southern rap cuz its catchy, but thats about it, it has nothing to do with them rapping about cars, money, etc...Just listen more closely and u can tell how wack they are compared to other rappers. There are some tight southern rappers that know how to rap but the majority are wack.
 11 years ago '04        #85
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 dosis said:
clipse is garbage. jay-z last great album was da blueprint, last good was da black.other then dat jay-z doesn't inspire me or impress to listen to his music.

jeezy-lets get it-great album inspiration- really good album

so stop hatin' on jeezy or just fast forward da man like ur boy jay-z said.

n*gga. Stop lstening to hip hop. please. You said the Clipse are garbage? Lord Willin is STILL a hot album....

Jeezy sucked forever, and still will....fu*k a Snowman...Hated Frosty anyway.
 12-20-2006, 10:44 AM         #86
gunit00 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2totimes said:
too long of a read for me to even consider reading...but im just pissed he went at nas, like he is somebody...frankie J would eat jeezy up
Dumbass
Jeezy is annoying at most. Nothing special about his rapping. Just fu*king annoying. Real talk my a.ss.
 12-20-2006, 10:52 AM         #87
BRight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlSween said:
y is jeezy considered wack but ppl suck off wayne?

they both say random punchlines. only diff is jeezy has better adlibs, his voice isn't dumb, he has better beats, and his punchlines actually have something to do with the song (he stays on subject).

How could you say your a hip hop fan?
Wayne is in the big leagues, arguably the best rapper today, Jeezy, eh, lets just say he needs Akon on the hook...
 12-20-2006, 10:54 AM         #88
BRight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skillz231213 said:
Even thought i don't find it ignoring, i also try to find a song with a good beat becuase jeezy is not that good lyrically. I agree with this thread with every word it says and also becuase im a luda fan:D. But i can't STAND TODAYS HIP-HOP!!. People like young joc and n*ggas that make songs like walk it out and that chicken noole soup sh*t drive me crazy.:banghead: I don't jeezy is that bad but i don't think is should be as hot as he is. I understand that he make rap that people can relate too but that does not give him a pass on his lyrics. I think a rappers lyrics would be the first thing thing that we look at to see if he a bad or good rapper than look at beats, swag, addlips, etc, I mean i don't care if you make a song about sapping your fingers(even thought i don't like it) but at least have some lyrics to the song. some of these rappers like mike jones when i hear there words somtimes i laugh. My dad is not a big fan of rap but even see the difference between now and a few years ago when jay-z and nas was just coming out. Thats why i feel that hip-hop is not dead but its hurting badly.

Also i realize R&B lyrics are hurting as well because they saying some wlid sh*t to as well

See Sig..
 12-20-2006, 10:58 AM         #89
Phillycat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props
 12-20-2006, 11:05 AM         #90
Powermoves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Props..You articulated your point well. I tottally agree.
Things dont change much though, when Hammer was selling a lot of records I had the same arguments with cats that said he was a great emcee.
Sales DO NOT equal skills.
You are right, today it's okay not to have skills and not to be good at rapping as long as you just talk about what you've been through.
 11 years ago '04        #91
scabbell 
space
space
space
$55 | Props total: 0 0
"Cause that n*gga talk about sh*t we can relate to. at least me because of where im from and that sh*t i been through and still go through."

Sounds like you need to move then.
 12-20-2006, 02:37 PM         #92
itwaswritten 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy is a fronter and a stunter, capitalizing off of the death of hip-hop. Props for the post, and hate to all who think talking about 'real life' is all of what hip-hop is.

It's like a ball player who can only shoot free throws.

Clownboots.
 11 years ago '06        #93
Lilblue1020 
space
space
$34 | Props total: 8 8
lol @ dis sh*t. how come every time a n*gga get his shine, they always got people who hate. he gotta be somethin if yall got 7 pages of criticism, he make his musik 4 da gangstas and dem street n*ggaz, plain and simple. if u aint one, u aint gone feel him
 11 years ago '04        #94
TheProphecy2k6 
space
space
space
$112 | Props total: 0 0
 davon4204 said:
Okay to me his tracks are hot and i know hood n*ggaz can relate to the trap lyfe but damn man every song he talks about is i'm the snowman dope sells and hood life. Don't get me wrong most of us as black males have seen n*ggaz hustlin or maybe we hustle a little bit ourselves but i don't glorify that shyt i'd rather have a nice a.ss job and be living somewhere that the black on black violence is not high. So yeah Jezzy makes music for the hood n*ggaz. He don't make music for the n*ggaz that wanna hear a real EMCEE grab the mic and spit some real hip-hop shyt because he just spits real hood story shyt. To me he can't rap either and yeah i'm very surprised he made it like he has but, when you got people goin through the same things you been through that they can feel thats like a very strong push. Eventually he'll play out because even hood n*ggaz gonna get tired of the snowman mark my words and that's not coming outta hate or anything. Everything plays out at some point of time or another.

I can co sign that jezzy just make good songs cuz the beats is bangin other than that he trash but im about to go play 3 am
 11 years ago '04        #95
TheProphecy2k6 
space
space
space
$112 | Props total: 0 0
if jezzy didnt rhyme about sellin coke in every song he would be aight, but i feel he and rick ross made the same album with different beats
 11 years ago '04        #96
nicoled985 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,323 | Props total: 4302 4302
I agree with the article, I've always wondered why people hyped up Jeezy and every time I ask someone, their answer is, "it's because I can relate to it" so what if you can relate to it, you can relate to other rappers who spit better lyrics. It makes me mad to see half-assed rappers make it while there are good rappers out there who are struggling.
 11 years ago '04        #97
Lay-Z-Boii 
space
space
$1,033 | Props total: 0 0
Cant Sell Dope Forever, Nuff Said
 12-20-2006, 03:07 PM         #98
usoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy's image is what sells him. He's a winner at all times. The beats sound celebratory, like Rocky's theme music. His "get money" ministry even makes broke n*ggas feel good. Its inspirational because his approach is "I'm a n*gga just like you, I'm not even a great rapper, but I'm rich. You can do it too." He's probably a lot brighter than we can give him credit for, due to the redundancy of his lyrics.

Right now he's the king of the Dope Boys, and being that we've been praising dope boys for the past few years its no wonder that he's winning in the rap game. The thug is the warrior of our generation (I guess we haven't realized how low-level "thugs" are on the gangsta totem pole, but ignorance IS bliss . . .) and Jeezy caters to them. He makes anthems for n*ggas in the street, and right now, for one reason or another, thats where everybody is pretending they are. True, T.I. made dope boy anthems, but he also put himself across as a ladys man, and expressed interests outside of the street. Jeezy is RELENTLESS.

If he was more subtle, or more complex, he wouldn't be understood by his intended audience. Not saying that street n*ggas dont have brains, but statistics say that the majority of AMERICA is on a 6th grade reading level or below, which may explain why only 10% of America makes more that $100,000 a year. Keep it simple, throw out a few catch phrases, make your intentions known, and they will follow you.

Now I command you n*ggas to get money.
 12-20-2006, 03:20 PM         #99
usoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What I don't understand, is the reason why whenever a n*gga says he doesn't like something, or criticizes ANYTHING, he's called a hater. When did having an opinion become negative? That sh*t is ridiculous. There is no possible way you can like everything. Am I "hating" on mustard if I don't eat that sh*t? n*ggas will run a catch phrase into the ground. Teach us a new word and we misuse the fu*k out of it.

If you say Jeezy bases the majority of his music around the dope-trade in the trap, thats a fact not an opinion. If you say he should change, thats something else. Many an emcee have made careers from the inability or disinterest in their own evolution (see Too $hort, Pimp C, Snoop, etc)

Jeezy is an entertainer. Entertainers often become characters to be successful. People love characters.

Snowman bi*ch. Need I say more?
 11 years ago '04        #100
Zakhara 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,130 | Props total: 389 389
I don't even know why somebody would waste their time writing something like this. Who gives a sh*t, really? If you think Jeezy is hard, then so be it. I hate dudes like this who try to push their beliefs on people. If you can't stand it that these guys are on top, and people like their sh*t, then you put your own album together, and we'll see how it does. Don't be mad that everyone else isn't feeling the same sh*t you feeling. That's just the way it is. Some people though the 4Tops were better than the Temptations, or Murphy was funnier than Pryor. It's just the way it is.

Bottom line, you give the people what they want, and right now this is what they want.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy