Dec 19th-Why Does Jeezy Get A Pass For Being Wack?? (don't shoot me)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-19-2006, 11:38 PM         #41
crockjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jezzy does have tight beats
 12-19-2006, 11:54 PM         #42
COcaine. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aye that song Bury Me A G is something different from jeezy but i would like to see him speak on some other sh*t then drug dealin
 12-20-2006, 12:26 AM         #43
hydro187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
because everyone can't be the same and jeezy is that n*gga
 11 years ago '04        #44
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,300 | Props total: 68 68
man i feel you have to respect all kinds of rap music. Me i listen for mostly rhymes and jeezy rhymes are okay nothing special but i listen to what he says you just either take it for what its worth or move on. I like wayne alot listen to every mixtape and album he has improve on his rhymes tremendously but the worst case scenario he is not going to please every Ear and thats where opinions start. this was just someone's opinion just like an a.ss everyone has one. Hip hop is not dead its just the fakeness in people is alive
 11 years ago '05        #45
dreas_24 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,965 | Props total: 725 725
READ....READ, AGREE, DISSAGREE..READ READ, SKIM SKIM....., THINK HES TALKIN GOOD sh*t, SKIM,.....THINKS HES HEATED, READ, READ, THINK HE'S HATING.....SKIM, READ...OK HE'S PISSED...SKIM SKIM SKIM.....OH sh*t.....A pr0n POP UP FROM ONIONb00ty.COM...DISTRACTED AND GONE
 11 years ago '04        #46
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 I_Am_Hiphop134 said:
BASICALLY THA THREADSTARTERS LETTIN ME KNOW THAT HE NOT A STREET TYPE OF DUDE., YOU PROBABLY DRIVE INTHA STREETS TO GET WHERE YOU GOTTA GO BUT THATS IT. YOU DONT a.ssOCIATE WITH ANYBODY IN THA STREETZ B/CUZ YOUR NOT IN THEM WHICH IS WHY YOU CAN NOT RELATE TO JEEZY. BUT DAT SHYT IZ A REALITY DAT YOU WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND. JEEZY AINT NO LYRICAL CAT. BUT HE KEEPS IT REAL, HE RAPS ABOUT sh*t WE SEE ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS SO THATS WHY PEOPLE LISTEN. ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT HOW LYRICALLY CLEVER YOU ARE. THINK ABOUT IT, IF YOU MET AN AVERAGE JOE SOMEWHERE AND HE SAID SOMETHINGS YOU COULD RELATE TO BECAUSE YOU GO THROUGH THA SAME THINGS, WOULDN'T YOU HAVE A LIL MORE REPSECT FOR THAT PERSON BASED ONTHA FACT DAT YALL NEVER HUNG AROUND EACH OTHER. ANYWAY, I RESPECT ANYONE WHO'Z JUST BEIN THEIRSELF AND WHO KEEPS IT REAL B/CUZ GOES A LONG WAY. 1
It's people who think like this that make it possible for wack motherfu*kers like Jeezy and Joc to have record deals. I'm from the streets. Born and raised in the streets of Detroit...and relate to Jeezy or not, the n*gga is GARBAGE. Like the article said, the Clipse rap about the same sh*t he does, over and over, but they're good at it! JEEZY IS TRASH, plain and simple. Relating to him has absolutely nothing to do with anything. That's just a cop-out n*ggas use cuz they too scared to admit that n*gga is wack. This whole thing about street cred and whatnot has gotten outta hand. It's to the point now where if a n*gga come out who is supposedly from the streets and rappin about street sh*t, if you say u don't like him, then you somehow lose your credibility. Jeezy is a gimmick. He's an image that is marketed toward two people: FAKE n*ggaS who wanna PRETEND they hard by sayin they can relate to him. And white boys who think they will get some cred with black guys for listenin to him. Real or not, relate to him or not, the n*gga's garbage. Plain and simple.
 11 years ago '04        #47
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 (619)309-6449 said:
bi*ches like you is the reason

Hip-Hop Is Dead

old mantaan chicken george minstrel show a.ss n*gga
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@mantan U foolin for that one. :applause:
 11 years ago '06        #48
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
jeezy aint that nice...i ws tellin n*ggas..really its about ya swag on the beat n*ggas pay attention too ..look at lil wayne too ...he got a couple lines that be hot and rest is gatbage but I love the way niga get on the beat...it just the swag. now n*ggas that have the swag and lyrics ....thats who get my full credit
 11 years ago '04        #49
thegod 
space
space
space
$1,383 | Props total: 195 195
He gets a pass cause n*ggas today are blinded by hot beats. Jeezy lyrically is garbage. "dont take nothing for granted, and dont take granted for nothing". WTF is that trash. He makes hot songs, so i'll bump it in my car, but i wont buy a Jeezy cd cause the sh*t has no replay value. Hot beats get played out too, and then your left with lyrics like what i wrote a above.

I only remember some of Jeezy's lyrics b/c of how wack they are, that they funny.

I dont give a sh*t if you can relate to it or not. n*ggas can relate to having chicken noodle soup wit a soda on the side, but that dont make that song any less wack.

Jeezy, Jim Jones, they make hot songs, no doubt. But, lyrically, they wack. I mean, n*ggas on here are talking bout Jeezy album is better than HHID. Thats when you know hip hop is dead. n*gga priorities aint in order. Its hot beats first, and 2nd, and lyrical content 3rd. Lyrics dont even matter nowdays if you got a hot beat and a catchy hook.
 11 years ago '04        #50
dosis 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,008 | Props total: 122 122
clipse is garbage. jay-z last great album was da blueprint, last good was da black.other then dat jay-z doesn't inspire me or impress to listen to his music.

jeezy-lets get it-great album inspiration- really good album

so stop hatin' on jeezy or just fast forward da man like ur boy jay-z said.
 11 years ago '06        #51
E23 
space
space
$304 | Props total: 0 0
i cant get thru a jeezy song period. i have to skip through the album hoping i could find another hot beat to drown out his voice
 12-20-2006, 02:08 AM         #52
blackjax_4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That article was on point. I feel the same way, so many times I hear these artists (if you can even call them that) like Joc and Jeezy compared to dudes that can actually flow and got real reputations like Jay, nas, and the clipse. Dudes that have real clout in the game, that are really good at what they do. Most of the rap we hear today is filler, it's like cotton candy, or popcorn. It's nothing, it may taste good for a minute, but it won't fill you up and it doesn't last. It's all production and catchy hooks, you just need the look.
 11 years ago '05        #53
Bay.Area.Boi. 
space
space
$907 | Props total: 2 2
i feel like you can feel artist you can "relate" to, or feel artists who are good emcees, to me jeezy is wack b/c he lack the lyrical ability. My thing is majority of people i know who said he a real n*gga and they can relate to him, live in the hood, but never sold a gram of anything in they life. Nor are they "making it rain" in the strip clubs, or living the kind of life jeezy rap about
 12-20-2006, 02:40 AM         #54
supapat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he has no lyrical content
 11 years ago '04        #55
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 tazbk said:
Good article I found. Dude makes a lot of valid points. Good read if you go all the way through.

Since when did mediocrity become acceptable for emcees in hip-hop? I realize that the overall quality of music isn’t what it was 15 or even 10 years ago, I’m not here to complain or debate about that. But has the game taken such a dip over the years that our standards have been lowered to the point that mediocrity is excused, accepted and even celebrated? Apparently.
Here is what I’m talking about. Whenever you criticize one of today’s “hot” artists about their abilities you’re met with the same excuse every time. Criticize Game for his redundant droning on about lowriders, point out Young Jeezy is a terrible rapper blessed with great beats, or say that Yung Joc is, well, just flat out wack. The argument will go something like this;
“fu*k that, you’re just a hater. Not everyone is gonna spit lyrics like Nas or Lupe. He just do what he do, he ain’t gonna spit some political or conscious raps. He lived his life and just tells us how it is, its his culture, how you gonna criticize for that. fu*k you hater.”
Now, I’ll admit this argument does have some validity. Anyone who listens to a Young Jeezy album expecting to be enlightened or challenged, and criticizes the album when they aren’t, is being unrealistic and lacking perspective. Now, does that mean Jeezy is off the hook for his lack of lyrical ability? Hell no. Jeezy rhymes about little more than dealing coke, guns, money, and other trappings of his environment. That’s all fine by me, I’m not listening to him expecting to hear his take on politics. What is not okay is that he cannot do what he does well. “Not everyone is as lyrical as Jay-Z.” Yeah, does that mean its ok to be sh*tty at what you do? Clipse and T.I. basically rhyme about the exact same topics as Jeezy, and they do it really fu*king well. So why can’t I say Jeezy only deserves credit for his beat selection? That’s all he does worth a sh*t! Go ahead, call me a hater. Look, I like Jeezy’s album, but I’m not gonna call him a dope emcee or defend him as one because he can make good music. That may make him a good artist, but not a good emcee.
The same goes for Game, these fools got their panties in a bunch because I criticized Game for talking about the same sh*t over and over and over (and over) again on his album. Claiming lowriders, rims, etc are just part of west coast culture. Yes, they are, I know that. Does that mean you need to do little other than reference them for an entire album? No. Does that mean you can do it with no creativity whatsoever and be immune from criticism? No. I love west coast gangsta rap when it’s done well. I grew up on NWA, Dre, Snoop, Cube, Spice 1, Compton’s Most Wanted, DJ Quik etc. Game rarely does it well.
“Blah blah blah Compton, blah blah blah khakis, blah blah blah 100 spokes, blah blah blah chronic smoke, blah blah blah I’ll k!ll you, blah blah blah lowrider, blah blah blah Dr. Dre, blah blah blah blood, blah blah blah gangbangin”…and so on.
Fill in the blanks and you can create your own verse from The Game. But sometimes he decides to actually use his talent (which he certainly does have), and he makes songs like Ol’ English or Doctor’s Advocate. Funny thing is, he still references his usual topics but he does it with some actual context and meaning rather than just saying sh*t cause its part of his gimmick. Again, go ahead, call me a hater just because I don’t have a homoerotic blind allegiance for him and don’t call everything he does a classic.
Stop making fu*king excuses for mediocrity. “Yo he makes music for the clubs, sh*t doesn’t have to be good.” No! That is no excuse for making sh*tty music. Lyrics in a song made for the clubs can still be good too, look at the sh*t Ludacris makes. Southern Hospitality, Move bi*ch, Stand Up, etc. are dope a.ss rhymes for a club track. Joc’s rhymes in It’s Goin Down are not. “Oh Joc ain’t lyrical like Luda.” Oh okay, so I’ll just accept that and call him dope because I realize his shortcomings. fu*k that, he’s wack because of those shortcomings, he doesn’t get off the hook because I realize he ain’t no Luda. That is what makes Ludacris a great emcee and Yung Joc a bad one!
“He do what he do,” “he does his thing,” or any other cliché, meaningless statement like that does not excuse someone from criticism. At least I can still enjoy Game or Jeezy’s music even though I know what they don’t do well. I could just be what you all like to call “a hater” and just call everything they do wack because I don’t like something about them. Bottom line is, I give credit and criticism where its due. But I ain’t gonna call someone dope just cause they have good production or sell a lot of records. Shiiit, I’ll flat out call myself a fan of cats who I know aren’t good rappers, but I like the songs they make. Why the fu*k can’t people separate the two?
When the fu*k did selling records automatically makes you a dope rapper? With the exception of a few rappers who’ve had well deserved commercial success, most folks who blow up do so because they are marketable and can make a catchy song, not because they are in fact talented emcees. Like Jay just said “the game’s fu*ked up/ n*gga’s beats is banging/n*gga ya hooks did it/your lyrics didn’t/your gangsta look did it/so I would write it/if y’all could get it.” And that is fine! I don’t care that there are sh*tty rappers that make empty, catchy pop music to shake your a.ss to in the clubs. Not everyone has to spit like Big Daddy Kane. So don’t be so fu*king retarded people, if you like someone’s music but they aren’t gonna take down ciphers, you don’t have to pretend like they will and defend them like they’re your child. sh*t, Vanilla Ice remains one of the bestselling rappers of all-time, but today’s standards that makes him one of the best emcees, cause you know, “he’s hot, he make hits” or whatever the fu*k you wanna say.
A lot, or most, of the rappers that are selling records today are mediocre. Stop lowering the fu*king bar by calling these dudes the fu*king messiahs because they sell records and because their sh*t bumps in your car. And this ain’t no mainstream vs. underground battle, cause throw Eminem, Jay-Z, Nas, Andre 3000, Ludacris, Lupe, etc on a street corner against damn near any underground rapper and you’d witness a slaughter. Just start giving credit and criticism where its due, cause I ain’t gonna let my kids read one day that fu*king Chingy was one of the great emcees of the 21st century.
Word. fu*k Jeezy. I never like that n*gga since the first time i heard "So Icy" with Gucci Mane....

That n*gga is a.ss cheeks. I'm not gonna lie. His production was amazing, but to waste it on some garbage a.ss lyrics? Damn shame. "Snowman, crack, Yeeeeah. AYYYYY." fu*k Jeezy man....
 11 years ago '04        #56
skillz231213 
space
space
$2,214 | Props total: 1 1
 E23 said:
i cant get thru a jeezy song period. i have to skip through the album hoping i could find another hot beat to drown out his voice

Even thought i don't find it ignoring, i also try to find a song with a good beat becuase jeezy is not that good lyrically. I agree with this thread with every word it says and also becuase im a luda fan:D. But i can't STAND TODAYS HIP-HOP!!. People like young joc and n*ggas that make songs like walk it out and that chicken noole soup sh*t drive me crazy.:banghead: I don't jeezy is that bad but i don't think is should be as hot as he is. I understand that he make rap that people can relate too but that does not give him a pass on his lyrics. I think a rappers lyrics would be the first thing thing that we look at to see if he a bad or good rapper than look at beats, swag, addlips, etc, I mean i don't care if you make a song about sapping your fingers(even thought i don't like it) but at least have some lyrics to the song. some of these rappers like mike jones when i hear there words somtimes i laugh. My dad is not a big fan of rap but even see the difference between now and a few years ago when jay-z and nas was just coming out. Thats why i feel that hip-hop is not dead but its hurting badly.

Also i realize R&B lyrics are hurting as well because they saying some wlid sh*t to as well
 11 years ago '04        #57
Demac 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,365 | Props total: 3 3
i feel what dude is saying though. its not about what you rap about, but how you deliver it. Wayne raps about some of the same stuff jeezy does but it way better cuz wayne in a better rapper. if you are a tight rapper then you could rap about cream cheese and that sh*t will be good. Case in point, most of the songs on eminem's albums he's not talking bout sh*t but he is still the best rapper alive.
 11 years ago '06        #58
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Okay to me his tracks are hot and i know hood n*ggaz can relate to the trap lyfe but damn man every song he talks about is i'm the snowman dope sells and hood life. Don't get me wrong most of us as black males have seen n*ggaz hustlin or maybe we hustle a little bit ourselves but i don't glorify that shyt i'd rather have a nice a.ss job and be living somewhere that the black on black violence is not high. So yeah Jezzy makes music for the hood n*ggaz. He don't make music for the n*ggaz that wanna hear a real EMCEE grab the mic and spit some real hip-hop shyt because he just spits real hood story shyt. To me he can't rap either and yeah i'm very surprised he made it like he has but, when you got people goin through the same things you been through that they can feel thats like a very strong push. Eventually he'll play out because even hood n*ggaz gonna get tired of the snowman mark my words and that's not coming outta hate or anything. Everything plays out at some point of time or another.

Last edited by davon4204; 12-20-2006 at 03:51 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #59
tazbk 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 I_Am_Hiphop134 said:
BASICALLY THA THREADSTARTERS LETTIN ME KNOW THAT HE NOT A STREET TYPE OF DUDE., YOU PROBABLY DRIVE INTHA STREETS TO GET WHERE YOU GOTTA GO BUT THATS IT. YOU DONT a.ssOCIATE WITH ANYBODY IN THA STREETZ B/CUZ YOUR NOT IN THEM WHICH IS WHY YOU CAN NOT RELATE TO JEEZY. BUT DAT SHYT IZ A REALITY DAT YOU WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND. JEEZY AINT NO LYRICAL CAT. BUT HE KEEPS IT REAL, HE RAPS ABOUT sh*t WE SEE ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS SO THATS WHY PEOPLE LISTEN. ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT HOW LYRICALLY CLEVER YOU ARE. THINK ABOUT IT, IF YOU MET AN AVERAGE JOE SOMEWHERE AND HE SAID SOMETHINGS YOU COULD RELATE TO BECAUSE YOU GO THROUGH THA SAME THINGS, WOULDN'T YOU HAVE A LIL MORE REPSECT FOR THAT PERSON BASED ONTHA FACT DAT YALL NEVER HUNG AROUND EACH OTHER. ANYWAY, I RESPECT ANYONE WHO'Z JUST BEIN THEIRSELF AND WHO KEEPS IT REAL B/CUZ GOES A LONG WAY. 1
First of all the threadstarter did not WRITE this article, I posted the link where it came from like any other person who posts NEWS in this section. Second of all, I grew up in the streets from bedstuy brooklyn to southeast dc. I didn't succumb to the streets but I damn sure saw enough to tell me that I didn't want that to be my life. So I guess you can a.ssociate my life more along the lines of Nas. I had family bagging crack in my house. I hung with n*ggas that slang. I've had guns pulled out on me and I've seen n*ggas get shot, stabbed and all out beat down. It's not whether or not I can relate to Jeezy because I have fam and friends in the feds and no I ain't going to visit them, that is their fault for getting locked up. We all came up under the same conditions and I chose a different path. I personally just don't like Jeezy's music, it just doesnt do anything for me just like maybe Quote Unquote nerd rap might not do anything for you. His lyrics just don't do it for me and I happen to like clever wordplay and more advanced rhymes, that's just me homie. I can relate to a street n*gga all day long but I would be dumb to still be on the corners/hanging out/shooting the sh*t when I have an education a good a.ss job and better sh*t to do. There ain't nothing wrong with staying out the streets.
 11 years ago '04        #60
tazbk 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
Now just looking at the posts I can tell who bothered to read past the title because:

a) there are still people that think I wrote the article

I did not write this, I posted the link to the source. I thought it was a good read and wanted to share it with the boxden fam. Never even expressed my personal feelings toward Jeezy in this thread until above.

b) some heads are still talking about how good Jeezy is because he is real and spits that street sh*t

This is what the whole article addresses. Why it is wrong to call someone a dope MC because he is "real". Tupac was "real" and was a dope MC and one point DMX was a dope MC and a real n*gga.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy