Dec 19th-Why Does Jeezy Get A Pass For Being Wack?? (don't shoot me)

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
84 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-19-2006, 09:15 PM         #21
kosmix25 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMFAO dis n*gga sed Frankie J would eat Jeezy up.
 11 years ago '04        #22
AlSween 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 26 26
y is jeezy considered wack but ppl suck off wayne?

they both say random punchlines. only diff is jeezy has better adlibs, his voice isn't dumb, he has better beats, and his punchlines actually have something to do with the song (he stays on subject).
 11 years ago '05        #23
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
 Bmoneyz051587 said:
Cause that n*gga talk about sh*t we can relate to. at least me because of where im from and that sh*t i been through and still go through. It's just real talk.
well the game is flooded with too much "real talk" besides anyway,part of the wack a.ss rapping cycle is how "real" an emcee can be,people have over used the word "real" in the hip hop community and now it just mean:

1 how many brothers shot
2 how many sisters fu*ked
3 how much crack sold
4 how many gats held
5 how much money spent
6 how large rims are
7 and how much education missed
the truth
 11 years ago '04        #24
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,176 | Props total: 2469 2469
at the end of the day, whoever wrote this is an idiot. opinions are opinions. unless you're talking about something you can read in a history book, its an opinion. you can never, put your opinion out there as a fact, thats when you become a non objectionable writer. whatever, jeezy is nice to me, cuz i can relate to the n*gga, whatever
 11 years ago '04        #25
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
only the geeks and nerds dont like jeezy
 11 years ago '04        #26
AlSween 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 26 26
 Rapjunkie said:
well the game is flooded with too much "real talk" besides anyway,part of the wack a.ss rapping cycle is how "real" an emcee can be,people have over used the word "real" in the hip hop community and now it just mean:

1 how many brothers shot
2 how many sisters fu*ked
3 how much crack sold
4 how many gats held
5 how much money spent
6 how large rims are
7 and how much education missed
the truth
now that is real talk. ppl say something they can relate to. but in reality most ppl aint going around shooting up ppl and selling drugs. but for some reason the hip hop community shuns anyobdy who raps about something outside of those topics.

so that's why a lot of ppl are bringing up the skill level thing. eventhough they don't remember how jay z and nas didn't dominate the airwaves in the 90s. ppl like puffy did but no one got on him about his skill b/c they enjoyed his music and didn't really complain about skill.
 11 years ago '05        #27
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
 Rashad69 said:
at the end of the day, whoever wrote this is an idiot. opinions are opinions. unless you're talking about something you can read in a history book, its an opinion. you can never, put your opinion out there as a fact, thats when you become a non objectionable writer. whatever, jeezy is nice to me, cuz i can relate to the n*gga, whatever
so why cant you relate to someone who's gimmick isnt selling crack? i mean i think we can all relate to tough times some maybe tougher than others but for cryin out loud this dude's mainstream alias is the snowman and is featured in front of bricks of the raw...and the basis for calling someone a wack emcee,IS THEM BEING A WACK EMCEE!!!this dude is garbage.all rap is concerned with is pumping crack and bustin gats. you mean to tell me even "the realest" wont get tired of that soon?
 11 years ago '04        #28
JayR04 113 heat pts113
space
space
$10,955 | Props total: 5736 5736
i like jeezy but his lyrics do get old talkin bout tha same thing on every song.
 11 years ago '05        #29
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
"Jeezy like to drank, Jeezy like to smoke, Jeezy like to mix armor-hamma wit his coke" - Jeezy

lol, he may be wack but im sure the audience he is targeting does 2-outta the 3 things mentioned in that hook.
 12-19-2006, 09:49 PM         #30
Gz Up 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
propz
 12-19-2006, 09:52 PM         #31
Rocafan82 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like dude but if I really want something to think about I'll listen to Lupe, Mos Def, Common, Nas, Jay-Z, Beans, Old Eminem, Kanye West, Talib Kweli, or Little Brother. Gotta admit 'Dreamin' was a good song. Didn't really even like Luda until Release therapy.
 12-19-2006, 09:54 PM         #32
justingotzsoul 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People tend to forget the history of Hiphop. Back in the early 80s Hip Hop was played at block parties to rock the party out. Along the way Emcees wanted to redefine hip hop by true lyricism, and thats hip hop too. But last time I checked Jeezy was hot in the clubs and the people loved it. That is one of the purest forms of hip hop. Rockin a party out. Plain and simple. Hip Hop is not just Nas, Common, Jay-z....Hip Hop in its purest form was to rock the party out, Instead of New York Block parties going crazy, we have the dirty south going crazy. It's Still Hip Hop. It may not be lyricism, but its effective hip hop.
 11 years ago '04        #33
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,913 | Props total: 1157 1157
if you edited some grammar in that post, that could be a really good article in a magazine, real talk.
 11 years ago '04        #34
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
i unno ... but jeezy to me is one of the lowest on the todem pole right now ... i totally agree with the thread ... i totally think hes way over rated and gets too much attention ... .

you know why hiphop is dead ? cause we give losers like mike jones and jeezy , n them way to much attention ....

the greats are still the snoops , dres , etc etc ...

non of these young bucks proved ANYTHING YET ...

you know who has ? ... 50 cent ... but hes ruined his image through bad movies ... bad media attention .. and some stupid controversies which he created for hype ... and and and also a terrible crew who he still puts WAY to much faith in .....

thats my 2 cents ...
 11 years ago '06        #35
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
i completely agree, most ppl are just like yo jeezy is real. who cares? is hip hop at hte point where it really doesn't even matter what kinda music u make
 11 years ago '05        #36
ivan1087 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,292 | Props total: 19 19
 cbdakidd14 said:
honestly from ppl's persectives that i speak to, jezzy is only wack becuase he only talks about sellin' dope.
There are plenty of reasons, here's mine:

Half his lyrics consist of, ahem, and I quote:
"Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh"
&
"Thaaaaat's riiiiiigghhht"

...case dismissed.
 11 years ago '06        #37
I_Am_Hiphop134 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,923 | Props total: 156 156
BASICALLY THA THREADSTARTERS LETTIN ME KNOW THAT HE NOT A STREET TYPE OF DUDE., YOU PROBABLY DRIVE INTHA STREETS TO GET WHERE YOU GOTTA GO BUT THATS IT. YOU DONT a.ssOCIATE WITH ANYBODY IN THA STREETZ B/CUZ YOUR NOT IN THEM WHICH IS WHY YOU CAN NOT RELATE TO JEEZY. BUT DAT SHYT IZ A REALITY DAT YOU WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND. JEEZY AINT NO LYRICAL CAT. BUT HE KEEPS IT REAL, HE RAPS ABOUT sh*t WE SEE ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS SO THATS WHY PEOPLE LISTEN. ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT HOW LYRICALLY CLEVER YOU ARE. THINK ABOUT IT, IF YOU MET AN AVERAGE JOE SOMEWHERE AND HE SAID SOMETHINGS YOU COULD RELATE TO BECAUSE YOU GO THROUGH THA SAME THINGS, WOULDN'T YOU HAVE A LIL MORE REPSECT FOR THAT PERSON BASED ONTHA FACT DAT YALL NEVER HUNG AROUND EACH OTHER. ANYWAY, I RESPECT ANYONE WHO'Z JUST BEIN THEIRSELF AND WHO KEEPS IT REAL B/CUZ GOES A LONG WAY. 1
 11 years ago '04        #38
Lebron31 
space
space
space
$360 | Props total: 0 0
nice read
 12-19-2006, 11:08 PM         #39
Lotto_Stud 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im too lazy to read all this, but the only reason jeezy gets a pass, is cause he get everybody so damn hype, if yoiu listen to him, half the time he dont even rhyme, but the he'll just come out wit a "THATS RIGHT" out of no where for no particular reason but it just get you hyped, and the beats always hit
 11 years ago '04        #40
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Nothing but real talk in that article. Explains all his opinions and why he feels how he does. If you disagree with it then we can't have a conversation about rap music today
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy