Tiki Barber Hates Being Black!!!!! Your Thoughts!!!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #141
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,366 | Props total: 5626 5626
 VerballyAbusive said:
You hurting your own argument. YESS. THATS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS SAYING. He is just saying he can speak "good english" when a lot of blacks don't. Truthfully, as a black man I can honestly say more young black people don't speak well than do. You just wont admit it!

Speaking good english IS better than speaking improper english. Not saying you have to speak proper at all time but atleast teach yourself how to speak well.
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that he doesn't have to put down black people to make himself feel better. He knows white people are going to read that interview. He's basically saying I'm not like your regular black person like there's something wrong with being black. All I'm saying is that it's not necessary for him to do that. Don't think that I'm in here trying to say that most black americans speak perfect english because I haven't seen most black americans so I can't argue that.
 11 years ago '06        #142
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
i see what your sayin... its definitely reinforcing a sterotype but lets not just translate it to he hates being black
he might not hate being black but he could look down it instead.
 12-21-2006, 06:17 PM         #143
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bottom line for him is, i think he just had a good point but used the wrong words to do it... i dont think he meant it that way. sometimes quotes can be used the wrong way like that. i understand both points of view but i would a.ssume he never meant to put anybody down by that quote. black people always have had to survive.. that includes us sticking together. i will cut him a little bit of slack and a.ssume he didnt mean it the way the threadstarter meant it. i def. understand where ya comin from tho.

P.S. tempus stop cosigning me please... your a f*g**t and a self hating black

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 12-21-2006 at 06:21 PM..
 12-21-2006, 06:19 PM         #144
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k some people are just stupid. if you can respect my opinion yall can suck my dirty d*ck. hoe a.ss n*ggas
 11 years ago '06        #145
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
Tempus you didn't understand sh*t that was said and you weren't saying anything to contribute to the discussion. all you did was cosign and ask some stupid a.ss questions.

Like I said there's absolutely nothing wrong with being educated. It's just that in order to make you feel better about yourself, you can't be throwing jabs at your own people. I took that as a jab against, me, my mother & father, and I hope the black people that read that did to. Especially if you don't like being generalized with people who are bad representations.

Last edited by banga; 12-21-2006 at 06:24 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #146
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 bangabi*ch said:
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that he doesn't have to put down black people to make himself feel better. He knows white people are going to read that interview. He's basically saying I'm not like your regular black person like there's something wrong with being black. All I'm saying is that it's not necessary for him to do that. Don't think that I'm in here trying to say that most black americans speak perfect english because I haven't seen most black americans so I can't argue that.
We have to be "emotionally" the most sensitive race in man kind. We can't take constructive criticism positively. For instance, some blacks will blame the system for locking up our black men, when in reality, we are doing all the harm to ourselves.

The reality is this. Our race has a lot of problems in it, I understand that but it is what it is and I love the struggle. We have come a long way from slavery and segregation but still have a ways to go and right now, we are climbing at a very slow rate. Based on the evidence presented, I think Tiki is the same way and I don't see how he is degrading or putting down his race. He's just speaking the truth.

Based on statistics, you don't want to hear the truth about the average black man. Based on those stats, Tiki is better than the "AVERAGE" black man. I think I am too.... ...I'm not in jail, not in a gang, not selling drugs, not a dead beat father, not a woman beater......I bet you will tell a girl in a heart beat, "baby, i'm not your average n*gga" but we don't want to hear it in a different context.

And once again those are based on stats, not ego.....And thats all "White America knows are statistics....
Not saying all black men are like this, but average means middle, mean.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 12-21-2006 at 06:30 PM..
 12-21-2006, 06:24 PM         #147
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it was a generalization in the quote, but I seriously doubt he meant it that way... next thing they will will be calling him Tiki "Kramer" Barber... :sick:

PS thanks for the hate tempus you f*g**t
 12-21-2006, 06:26 PM         #148
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
Tempus you didn't understand sh*t that was said and you weren't saying anything to contribute to the discussion. all you did was cosign and ask some stupid a.ss questions.

Like I said there's absolutely nothing wrong with being educated. It's just that in order to make you feel better about yourself, you can't be throwing jabs at your own people. I took that as a jab against, me, my mother & father, and I hope the black people that read that did to. Especially if you don't like being generalized with people who are bad representations.
:finger: :finger: i understood everything, but your a.ss just had to put down another black man. stupid bi*ch
 11 years ago '06        #149
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
^^^to Verbally Abusive
so in your words. You're not the typical black person who steals, k!lls, and runs out on all his babies? Nobody is being sensitive. When you have a negative conversation about your own race with someone of another race thats some fu*ked up sh*t. And for it to be constructive criticism, why couldn't he say that on any media outlet aimed at blacks? How am I going to offer constructive criticism about you to someone else who already has a negative perception about you?

Last edited by banga; 12-21-2006 at 06:31 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #150
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 bangabi*ch said:
so in your words. You're not the typical black person who steals, k!lls, and runs out on all his babies? Nobody is being sensitive. When you have a negative conversation about your own race with someone of another race thats some fu*ked up sh*t. And for it to be constructive criticism, why couldn't he say that on any media outlet aimed at blacks? How am I going to offer constructive criticism about you to someone else who already has a negative perception about you?
I understand what you mean. But hey, this is how I see it. There is nothing wrong with trying to get accepted by white America "if" all you are trying to do is clarify that you are an intelligent black man. This is all Tiki did. And I don't think he downgraded his race. He just spoke the truth.

Sometimes the reality is that we have to try hard to prove that. It is what it is. It's not necessarily kissing a white person's a.ss. It's more trying to change the stereotype put on our race as a result of the media and our "OWN" faults.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 12-21-2006 at 06:36 PM..
 12-21-2006, 06:36 PM         #151
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
^^^to Verbally Abusive
""why are you acting so damn dumb? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT TIKI BARBER TALKING DOWN ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. NOT BLACK PEOPLE AS A WHOLE, UNLIKE TIKI"" "you are a dumbass."

you see nothing wrong with this? apologize

Last edited by Tempus # 1; 12-21-2006 at 06:38 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #152
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said:
I understand what you mean. But hey, this is how I see it. There is nothing wrong with trying to get accepted by white America "if" all you are trying to do is clarify that you are an intelligent black man. This is all Tiki did. And I don't think he downgraded his race. He just spoke the truth.

Sometimes the reality is that we have to try hard to prove that. It is what it is. It's not necessarily kissing a white person's a.ss. It's more trying to change the stereotype put on our race as a result of the media and our "OWN" faults.
I understand that. All I'm saying if he's trying to help, he went about it the wrong way. And that wrong way can be taken as a diss.
 11 years ago '06        #153
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Tempus # 1 said:
""why are you acting so damn dumb? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT TIKI BARBER TALKING DOWN ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. NOT BLACK PEOPLE AS A WHOLE, UNLIKE TIKI"" "you are a dumbass."

you see nothing wrong with this? apologize
I gave you props so you can leave.
 11 years ago '04        #154
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 bangabi*ch said:
I understand that. All I'm saying if he's trying to help, he went about it the wrong way. And that wrong way can be taken as a diss.
Alright, and all i'm trying to say is that it "may" or "may not" be taken as a diss but the more correct way of comprehension is to "not" take what he said as a diss. I understand both sides.....
 12-21-2006, 06:45 PM         #155
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
I gave you props so you can leave.
hate given. learn some respect kid
 12-21-2006, 06:45 PM         #156
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah I admit it was a bad chioce of words... but I dont think he meant to say

Tiki Barber said:
Geez, I hate being black. I sure wish I was a white guy. Because I am intelligent unlike all these other african american idiots

i think he meant to say

Tiki Barber said:
raised in a middle class white neightborhood, I was not exposed to the slang and periodic ignorance that goes on in lower class ghettos (which is mostly occupied by blacks, mexicans, and sometimes asians)

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 12-21-2006 at 06:50 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #157
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
yeah I admit it was a bad chioce of words... but I dont think he meant to say

i think he meant to say
Mad props
 11 years ago '06        #158
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
thats all he had to say, minus throwing his own race under the bus.
 12-21-2006, 06:52 PM         #159
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ lol.... yeah like i said i see where ya coming from it was a bad choice of words.... but if you read between the lines im sure you can catch thats what he meant to say. now im interested in readin the whole article to see how he went on to explain his comments. im sure he caught himself
 12-21-2006, 06:52 PM         #160
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
you are a dumbass. how can you say that a lot of black people don't speak proper english? have you been outside of memphis. You missed the point like a hundred times. He said that he doesn't speak the typical African American diction. now tempus stop and think what that means.

now what he's saying in case you still don't get it is that black people in general don't know how to speak properly.

Tempus does Tiki Barber speak for you? does he speak for all black people when he says this? He's generalizing his own race, he might as well have said that he's not a regular black person, implying that all black people are the same.

are you getting this?
you're wasting your time...you're better off just leaving Tempus in his ignorance.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy