Tiki Barber Hates Being Black!!!!! Your Thoughts!!!

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #121
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 1278 1278
 Dr. X said:
tempus tempus tempus chill homie. your losing this debate dude is eating u up
Thats Tiki Jr. right there :banghead:
 12-21-2006, 12:53 AM         #122
Dr. X  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theirs nothing wrong with him not using slang, but he looks down on his own race. its like hes saying :yeah my mom didnt raise me like the rest of them we were raised the right way. it seems like hes telling white america u dont have to worry about us were different from the rest them.

Last edited by Dr. X; 12-21-2006 at 12:58 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #123
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,348 | Props total: 5497 5497
I don't get why thats so hard to understand.
 11 years ago '06        #124
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,612 | Props total: 2234 2234
Bangabi*ch is officially on my "BX cats who might be cool offline" list.
 12-21-2006, 01:23 AM         #125
Dr. X  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yumflip said:
Bangabi*ch is officially on my "BX cats who might be cool offline" list.
co-sign
 12-21-2006, 06:40 AM         #126
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
There is slang that is typical African American diction but its too bad that blacks in general are so uncomfortable (with the idea) that they get offended with the truth.
truth right here... yall n*ggas who live in small hick towns STFU.... come to ANY of the cities in my userttitle and see how we bein oppressed... its not our fault but the majority of blacks were poor and grew up not having much of an opportunity to get away from the street.... sellin crills and sh*t... especially if he grew up in a small redneck town like he said he did

AND PLEASE dont get me confused with tempus because hes an idiot and im not saying the same sh*t he did... this is a completely different point

bangabi*ch i understand what ur sayin. im in college myself tryng to make guap or whatever... (guap is african american diction) but still, IT MAY BE WRONG BUT ITS THE TRUTH... you cant act like you grew up around the street life (which most blk ppls are) and execpt to get respected by these old white corprate buisiness heads. unless you go to a HBCU or somethin. and then you might be in trouble if you try to go into a profession like law, medicine, or business.

P.S. can we take this sh*t outa the sports board because this has nothin to do with sports

Tiki Barber still in the radar for top ten rushing yards all time an dudes sayin he doesnt belong in the HOF

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 12-21-2006 at 06:45 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #127
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 1278 1278
 Tempus # 1 said:
:applause: and something else. why do black people get mad when a black person says, i dont speak typical diction like others, but dont get mad when a rapper goes on tv and makes black people look retarded with the way they talk?

Who says black people don't this is about TIKI BARBER and is ignorant comment not __________ the rapper.
 11 years ago '06        #128
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18791 18791
ugh, man why the fu*k did this happen....I have always been a fan of Tiki's play, and when I heard he wanted to pursue a career in News broadcasting I thought that to be admirable and a clear cut sign of him being more than just an athlete...

I like that Tiki doesen't let his race or his profession define him....that's a great thing to be that self aware and confident at the same time...I wish Tiki nothing but the best....

I think the reason some black folks got a problem with Tiki is that because he sort of distances himself with the more common place black dude that plays in the league, especially the status quo at his position....While that might be a racist statement in itself, it is definitely the truth.....maybe times are changing however tho, maybe one day the mannerisms and verbage that Tiki uses will be status quo....
 12-21-2006, 03:21 PM         #129
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
youd think his teammates would dislike him for this sh*t

except they love tiki
 11 years ago '06        #130
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
all of yall are confused. He's putting down black people. I understand that yall can't understand because I'm guessing most of yall are white. So of course you're not going to pick up that jab against black people as a whole. When he said "typical" that means EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE BLACK RACE. I'm saying that IT'S NOT TYPICAL AND IT'S NOT FAIR FOR HIM TO GENERALIZE EVERYBODY ELSE AND SAY THAT BLACK PEOPLE AS A WHOLE CANNOT SPEAK CORRECT ENGLISH.

WHEN YOU TRY TO SEPERATE AND PUT DOWN YOU OWN RACE IN A CONVERSATION WITH A WHITE PERSON, IT'S A SIGN OF SELF HATE OR HE IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH BLACK PEOPLE.
 11 years ago '04        #131
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 SkateboardT said:
the thing is though...thanks to rappers, TV, movies, etc.

there IS a typical way black people are percieved to talk now, like it or not.
Yes that is the way its perceived in the media and the way that it is. I'm black. I'm from the hood. I have experiences talking to people from all walks of life, and the "majority" of black people talk a certain way. Not ALL but "majority" and this is synonomous for "typical." Thats all he was saying. Where I'm from, growing up I was always told I talk white because I talked proper english and I'm pretty sure its pretty similar in other places around the country. And the reason is because "most" black people talked a certain way. Not ALL but MOST. The truth is the truth.

Speaker proper English show's that you are smart. Thats why Tiki's mom raised him like that. No matter what COLOR or RACE, speaking articulately is a required for success in America. So, in a sense, talking proper English is better than speaking slang, NO MATTER WHAT RACE.

The article is all about perception. We will all view it differently.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 12-21-2006 at 05:36 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #132
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 SkateboardT said:
the thing is though...thanks to rappers, TV, movies, etc.

there IS a typical way black people are percieved to talk now, like it or not.
rappers and athletes don't represent me just like jeffery dahmer doesn't represent you.

and Tempus, DO YOU KNOW WHAT TYPICAL MEANS?
 11 years ago '04        #133
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
typ·i·cal-
Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category: a typical suburban community.

Synonyms:
Commonly encountered: average, common, commonplace, general, normal, ordinary, usual. See surprise

Conclusion:
Typical doesn't mean all. I can say, a typical NBA player is black. A typical NFL wide receiver is black. That doesn't mean all of them are black....
 11 years ago '04        #134
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 bangabi*ch said:
rappers and athletes don't represent me just like jeffery dahmer doesn't represent you.

and Tempus, DO YOU KNOW WHAT TYPICAL MEANS?
They might not represent you, but, they represent us to other people who the only black person they see is a rapper.

If you don't understand that then you have some learning to do.

White people have many other people representing their race than blacks do. And its unfortunate that the media exploits our negative images and not positive ones. But at the same time, we do the same thing to ourselves.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 12-21-2006 at 05:46 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #135
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
truth right here... yall n*ggas who live in small hick towns STFU.... come to ANY of the cities in my userttitle and see how we bein oppressed... its not our fault but the majority of blacks were poor and grew up not having much of an opportunity to get away from the street.... sellin crills and sh*t... especially if he grew up in a small redneck town like he said he did

AND PLEASE dont get me confused with tempus because hes an idiot and im not saying the same sh*t he did... this is a completely different point

bangabi*ch i understand what ur sayin. im in college myself tryng to make guap or whatever... (guap is african american diction) but still, IT MAY BE WRONG BUT ITS THE TRUTH... you cant act like you grew up around the street life (which most blk ppls are) and execpt to get respected by these old white corprate buisiness heads. unless you go to a HBCU or somethin. and then you might be in trouble if you try to go into a profession like law, medicine, or business.

P.S. can we take this sh*t outa the sports board because this has nothin to do with sports

Tiki Barber still in the radar for top ten rushing yards all time an dudes sayin he doesnt belong in the HOF
I get your point BUT he doesn't have to negatively reinforce that negative stereotype. If he feels that way he should have kept it to himself or of record instead saying what he said. That sh*t is a slap in the face to all the black people who can, and thats a lot of people.
 11 years ago '04        #136
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 bangabi*ch said:
I get your point BUT he doesn't have to negatively reinforce that negative stereotype. If he feels that way he should have kept it to himself or of record instead saying what he said. That sh*t is a slap in the face to all the black people who can, and thats a lot of people.
The first part to correcting a problem is admitting there is a problem. Thats how you break the cycle, just like Tiki's mother did to him. Maybe Tiki's article will help another person break the cycle when they have a kid.
 11 years ago '06        #137
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 VerballyAbusive said:
typ·i·cal-
Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category: a typical suburban community.

Synonyms:
Commonly encountered: average, common, commonplace, general, normal, ordinary, usual. See surprise

Conclusion:
Typical doesn't mean all. I can say, a typical NBA player is black. A typical NFL wide receiver is black. That doesn't mean all of them are black....
so a typical african american doesn't know how to speak correct english. Notice I said "know how to." I'll admit my speech among my friends is different than in a professional environment but I still CAN speak good english when the time is right. By saying "typical" he means that Black people in America "typically" can't speak. Am I right? so If I were to say I'm not your typical black person, is that not a diss to other african americans?
 11 years ago '04        #138
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Dr. X said:
theirs nothing wrong with him not using slang, but he looks down on his own race. its like hes saying :yeah my mom didnt raise me like the rest of them we were raised the right way. it seems like hes telling white america u dont have to worry about us were different from the rest them.
You hurting your own argument. YESS. THATS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS SAYING. He is just saying he can speak "good english" when a lot of blacks don't. Truthfully, as a black man I can honestly say more young black people don't speak well than do. You just wont admit it!

Speaking good english IS better than speaking improper english. Not saying you have to speak proper at all time but atleast teach yourself how to speak well.
 11 years ago '04        #139
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 bangabi*ch said:
so a typical african american doesn't know how to speak correct english. Notice I said "know how to." I'll admit my speech among my friends is different than in a professional environment but I still CAN speak good english when the time is right. By saying "typical" he means that Black people in America "typically" can't speak. Am I right? so If I were to say I'm not your typical black person, is that not a diss to other african americans?
Watch the NBA, NFL, most of the players speak incorrectly. A few are professional, many are not.

Why do they CHOOSE not to speak professional on national television???

Same thing with rappers.

Why do they choose to make themselves look incapable of speaking improper english. And you know that they are role models to other blacks. Listen to Devin Hester. Why is Allen Iverson labeled as "keeping it real". Listen to him and look at how he dresses. Come on now. Open your eyes.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 12-21-2006 at 06:16 PM..
 12-21-2006, 06:02 PM         #140
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:

i see what your sayin... its definitely reinforcing a sterotype but lets not just translate it to he hates being black
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy