Tiki Barber Hates Being Black!!!!! Your Thoughts!!!

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #81
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,612 | Props total: 2234 2234
 Black_Deuce said:
lol.. no offemse but trhe city your reppin sounds like a hick town
Fayettnam = Fayette Co + Vietnam

I ain't gonna front like it's not predominately white, but we n tha building.
 11 years ago '06        #82
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
Tiki is the man and yall nitpick his words. I GUARENTEE he is just as proud as being a successful African American man as any person on this message board.

You all need to take this stupid thread to the knowledge section or some sh*t.
 11 years ago '06        #83
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,348 | Props total: 5497 5497
 Tempus # 1 said:
come to memphis for one day and you will see
memphis doesn't speak for the rest of the black american population. Not everybody is "ghetto, ignorant, dumb, and in love with shiny things" like the media portrays and it's a shame that you fall for it.
 11 years ago '06        #84
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Swishadude said:
Tiki is the man and yall nitpick his words. I GUARENTEE he is just as proud as being a successful African American man as any person on this message board.

You all need to take this stupid thread to the knowledge section or some sh*t.
You really can't say that. You might fall for that sh*t if he says it but black people won't. Tiki looks down on his own race and if yall would read between the lines that's exactly what he's saying. So fu*k Tiki, he's mad cause he missed out on the opportunity to tell massa we read.
 12-20-2006, 09:22 PM         #85
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
memphis doesn't speak for the rest of the black american population. Not everybody is "ghetto, ignorant, dumb, and in love with shiny things" like the media portrays and it's a shame that you fall for it.
falls for what?
 11 years ago '06        #86
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
falling for the misrepresentation of black people
 12-20-2006, 09:27 PM         #87
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
point blank...Tiki Barber took a shot at african americans...why didn't he say hispanics or some other race obviously he hates hisself if he publically degrades the black race. The only african americans that wouldn't take offense to this are those slave mentality, uncle tom, house "you know whats."
 11 years ago '06        #88
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Tempus # 1 said:
i dont fall for anything. im a smart dude, you act like its something wrong with being an educated black man
:rolleyes: yeah, you're exactly right tempus. I don't know why I'm in college. You're falling for it by saying that Black people can't speak good english. and don't say you didn't say that because you did when you said that broken english is typical by black people. And you're missing the point, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUT DOWN OR SEPERATE YOURSELF FROM BLACK PEOPLE TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK BETTER, ESPECIALLY IN THE EYES OF WHITE PEOPLE. THATS SOME REAL COONISH sh*t TEMPUS. you got that "smart dude?"

Last edited by banga; 12-20-2006 at 09:32 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #89
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Tempus # 1 said:
a lot of black people dont speak proper english, and tiki said that he does. what are you arguing
you are a dumbass. how can you say that a lot of black people don't speak proper english? have you been outside of memphis. You missed the point like a hundred times. He said that he doesn't speak the typical African American diction. now tempus stop and think what that means.

now what he's saying in case you still don't get it is that black people in general don't know how to speak properly.

Tempus does Tiki Barber speak for you? does he speak for all black people when he says this? He's generalizing his own race, he might as well have said that he's not a regular black person, implying that all black people are the same.

are you getting this?
 11 years ago '06        #90
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
you're acting stupid because nobody on the planet unless they got down syndrome is this slow. I don't know how else to explain it.
 12-20-2006, 09:49 PM         #91
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
you're acting stupid because nobody on the planet unless they got down syndrome is this slow. I don't know how else to explain it.
naw, i understand what you trying to say. i just dont agree
 12-20-2006, 09:50 PM         #92
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
regardless of what he said im sure he doesnt hate being black, none of this points to him hating being black

first running back ever with 1800 rushing and 500 receiving in a season

17,000+ all purpose yards, top 20 in rushing yards which he just went over 15,000
 11 years ago '06        #93
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
which means you don't see anything wrong with putting down black people so you can kiss up to white people. Good job ****.
 11 years ago '06        #94
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:
regardless of what he said im sure he doesnt hate being black, none of this points to him hating being black

first running back ever with 1800 rushing and 500 receiving in a season

17,000+ all purpose yards, top 20 in rushing yards which he just went over 15,000
fu*k his stats, he has self hate issues by the looks of that quote. "typical African american diction" is not typical so fu*k sambo barber.
 11 years ago '06        #95
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Tempus # 1 said:
two black people talking negative about another black person. good job ****
why are you acting so damn dumb? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT TIKI BARBER TALKING DOWN ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. NOT BLACK PEOPLE AS A WHOLE, UNLIKE TIKI.
 12-20-2006, 10:09 PM         #96
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
finally the tiki haters have a semi valid reason to not like him
 11 years ago '06        #97
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
I used to like Tiki but this sh*t is getting out of hand. I thought he was just a regular dude that was articulate, (there are proper english speaking black people) so I thought nothing of it. it's just these subliminal self hate comments thats getting me.

and to skateboardT you don't have to outright say something to get your point across.

(example)
I don't like apples
I don't like bananas
I don't like peaches
I don't like pears
I don't like oranges
I don't like tangerines
I don't like grapes
I don't like strawberries

can you guess what food group I don't like without me saying it directly?

Last edited by banga; 12-20-2006 at 10:20 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #98
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 1278 1278
 bangabi*ch said:
why are you acting so damn dumb? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT TIKI BARBER TALKING DOWN ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. NOT BLACK PEOPLE AS A WHOLE, UNLIKE TIKI.

I got you on this man. Tiki is a bi*ch for saying something like that. fu*k tiki and the neighborhood he grew up in. I was born and raised in the suburbs with mostly white people just like him and I'm not going to say something so dumb.

Imagine if his coach or one of his white team mates said "Tiki is a cool guy, he doesn't use slang or talk with that typical black diction like most other black people." That would not be acceptable and neither is what he said about his own people.
 11 years ago '06        #99
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
my point exactly.
 11 years ago '06        #100
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 1278 1278
 SkateboardT said:
...wow you people are quick to jump on this dude about this

he didn't say anything resembleing how he doesn't like being black

the quote says "my mother didn't speak with the typical african-american dialect"

how does that say he doesn't like being black? all it says is that tiki thought his mother talked differently then he percieved most other black people to talk.
“We grew up in a white middle-class community and had a mom who emphasized education and lived that neutrality”, Tiki says. “She didn’t speak that typical African-American diction”.

Thats what he said. Not saying he doesn't like being black but he just took a sh*t on his people with that.

"She worked a respectable nine to five, she didn't do the typical African-American thing like welfare or wic." Would that be cool too?

All he had to say was that she raised them to be respectable men and to speak well. Not say unlike TYPICAL black people.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy