Tiki Barber Hates Being Black!!!!! Your Thoughts!!!

most viewed right now
Jun 22 - Boy, stabbed in neck, dies after running to hospital
196 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #JusticeforJunior
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nate Robinson tearing up the Big 3 almost fights
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ok my dudes. Regardless of ya locations! Name a rapper that U frequent..
262 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '06        #81
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,592 | Props total: 2209 2209
 SkateboardT said:
...wow you people are quick to jump on this dude about this

he didn't say anything resembleing how he doesn't like being black

the quote says "my mother didn't speak with the typical african-american dialect"

how does that say he doesn't like being black? all it says is that tiki thought his mother talked differently then he percieved most other black people to talk.
“We grew up in a white middle-class community and had a mom who emphasized education and lived that neutrality”, Tiki says. “She didn’t speak that typical African-American diction”.

Thats what he said. Not saying he doesn't like being black but he just took a sh*t on his people with that.

"She worked a respectable nine to five, she didn't do the typical African-American thing like welfare or wic." Would that be cool too?

All he had to say was that she raised them to be respectable men and to speak well. Not say unlike TYPICAL black people.
 12 years ago '06        #82
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
Man I just hope these people riding with Tiki are white because if you are a black man and can't see this then I can only imagine all of the times when you are around white people who take cheaps shots at blacks knowing that you are too dumb to realize it.
 12-20-2006, 09:50 PM         #83
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but what about all the people who say he sounds white, isnt that the same as referring to something as african american diction

not saying any of you said that but wouldnt it be equally as ignorant
 12 years ago '06        #84
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:
but what about all the people who say he sounds white, isnt that the same as referring to something as african american diction

not saying any of you said that but wouldnt it be equally as ignorant
It sure would be ignorant because then you are saying that speaking properly is something that is just for white people.

Last edited by psq86; 12-20-2006 at 09:53 PM..
 12 years ago '06        #85
w113mrl 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 62 62
hahahaha, worry about yourselfs, god damn, when you make it to the nfl then you can talk all the sh*t you want on what every race you feel like it, hahaha, plus don't belive everything you read, it could be misqouted, out of context, made up, etc. etc., this sh*t is unbelievable
 12 years ago '06        #86
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok I finally get it. Be a football player first then you can have a voice about race related issues. Dumb a.ss to the max.
 12 years ago '06        #87
w113mrl 2 heat pts
space
space
i was just jokin, i just can't beleive how wound up some people seemed to be gettin over such petty sh*t, like his comments are effecting your life
 12 years ago '06        #88
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
 w113mrl said:
i was just jokin, i just can't beleive how wound up some people seemed to be gettin over such petty sh*t, like his comments are effecting your life

The fact that people think its ok pisses me off even more then the fact that he said it.
 12 years ago '06        #89
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
So let me get this straight. Yall dont like the fact that Tiki said his mother didnt speak with a typical African American diction? Or are you guys upset that he said there is a typical African American diction?
 12 years ago '06        #90
w113mrl 2 heat pts
space
space
im not sayin it was ok, but i meant that you can't believe everything printed by the media, it could be out of context, misqouted, ect., ect., and if he did say it, it dosen't seem like something that should be makin people this upset, there is more important things peps should worry about, and by the way fu*k the gaints, and tiki, GO BROWNS, hahaha
 12 years ago '06        #91
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
 Swishadude said:
So let me get this straight. Yall dont like the fact that Tiki said his mother didnt speak with a typical African American diction? Or are you guys upset that he said there is a typical African American diction?
The first one.

I realize that a some black people speak with ebonics and horrible english but, I also realize that it is not typical.
 12 years ago '06        #92
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
 SkateboardT said:
your not getting this...READ MY POST PLEASE

yes tiki was wrong about saying that...BECAUSE IT WAS A STEREOTYPE

it does not mean that he doesn't like being black.
Thats what he said. Not saying he doesn't like being black but he just took a sh*t on his people with that.

"She worked a respectable nine to five, she didn't do the typical African-American thing like welfare or wic." Would that be cool too?

All he had to say was that she raised them to be respectable men and to speak well. Not say unlike TYPICAL black people.

You didn't read my post.
 12 years ago '06        #93
RetroKing23 
space
space
$93 | Props total: 0 0
yea i dont recall reading anything about him not wanting to be black
 12 years ago '04        #94
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,550 | Props total: 359 359
 Black_Deuce said:
truth right here... yall n*ggas who live in small hick towns STFU.... come to ANY of the cities in my userttitle and see how we bein oppressed... its not our fault but the majority of blacks were poor and grew up not having much of an opportunity to get away from the street.... sellin crills and sh*t...

bangabi*ch i understand what ur sayin. im in college myself tryng to make guap or whatever... but still, IT MAY BE WRONG BUT ITS THE TRUTH... you cant act like you grew up around the street life (which most blk ppls are) and execpt to get respected by these old white corprate buisiness heads. unless you go to a HBCU or somethin.

P.S. can we take this sh*t outa the sports board because this has nothin to do with sports
I understand the reasons brotha trust me. I just speak the truth.
 12-20-2006, 11:41 PM         #95
Dr. X  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said:
a lot of black people dont speak proper english, and tiki said that he does. what are you arguing

tempus tempus tempus chill homie. your losing this debate dude is eating u up
 12 years ago '06        #96
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
 Dr. X said:
tempus tempus tempus chill homie. your losing this debate dude is eating u up
Thats Tiki Jr. right there :banghead:
 12-20-2006, 11:53 PM         #97
Dr. X  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theirs nothing wrong with him not using slang, but he looks down on his own race. its like hes saying :yeah my mom didnt raise me like the rest of them we were raised the right way. it seems like hes telling white america u dont have to worry about us were different from the rest them.

Last edited by Dr. X; 12-20-2006 at 11:58 PM..
 12 years ago '06        #98
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,972 | Props total: 2936 2936
Bangabi*ch is officially on my "BX cats who might be cool offline" list.
 12-21-2006, 12:23 AM         #99
Dr. X  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yumflip said:
Bangabi*ch is officially on my "BX cats who might be cool offline" list.
co-sign
 12-21-2006, 05:40 AM         #100
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
There is slang that is typical African American diction but its too bad that blacks in general are so uncomfortable (with the idea) that they get offended with the truth.
truth right here... yall n*ggas who live in small hick towns STFU.... come to ANY of the cities in my userttitle and see how we bein oppressed... its not our fault but the majority of blacks were poor and grew up not having much of an opportunity to get away from the street.... sellin crills and sh*t... especially if he grew up in a small redneck town like he said he did

AND PLEASE dont get me confused with tempus because hes an idiot and im not saying the same sh*t he did... this is a completely different point

bangabi*ch i understand what ur sayin. im in college myself tryng to make guap or whatever... (guap is african american diction) but still, IT MAY BE WRONG BUT ITS THE TRUTH... you cant act like you grew up around the street life (which most blk ppls are) and execpt to get respected by these old white corprate buisiness heads. unless you go to a HBCU or somethin. and then you might be in trouble if you try to go into a profession like law, medicine, or business.

P.S. can we take this sh*t outa the sports board because this has nothin to do with sports

Tiki Barber still in the radar for top ten rushing yards all time an dudes sayin he doesnt belong in the HOF

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 12-21-2006 at 05:45 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New iPhone Leak Reveals Apple's Nasty Surprise
34 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone ExposĂ© ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside 6ix9ine “Blood Walk”
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video of NYC in 1993 recorded in 1080p from 1993
86 comments
2 days ago