Tiki Barber Hates Being Black!!!!! Your Thoughts!!!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-19-2006, 09:15 PM         #61
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Twelveinchez said:
WAIT??!!

did i miss something? where does it say he hates being black?

jus cuz you dont talk slang doesnt make u less black. i talk to my professors and boss different than i would my friends. does that make me hate being black? fu*k NO
come on man, read between the lines...if this article is true he's obviously generalizing the entire african american race as ignorant and inarticulate. fu*k I hate people like Tiki Barber.
 12-19-2006, 09:20 PM         #62
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
who in their right mind does that? Not all black people are like that in case you didn't know. There are black people who go to school and actually utilize their education. And you're giving white people too much credit if you think they're ideal citizens and speak perfect english all the time. And of course white people are going to side with Tiki, they're the ones who are getting their a.sses kissed. Like I said Tiki can be proud of himself but he doesn't have to put his own race down to do so. And don't get it confused white doesn't automatically mean proper.

so wait wait... all this means... tiki hates being black?
 11 years ago '06        #63
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,373 | Props total: 5654 5654
Generalizing your own race as not being able to speak good english is a sign of self hate.

Last edited by banga; 12-19-2006 at 09:22 PM..
 12-19-2006, 09:21 PM         #64
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
“We grew up in a white middle-class community and had a mom who emphasized education and lived that neutrality”, Tiki says. “She didn’t speak that typical African-American diction”.

who has a problem with this quote?
 12-19-2006, 09:21 PM         #65
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
thats what I've been trying to say
yea u made good points
 11 years ago '06        #66
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
who has a problem with this quote?
every black person in America should. how is it "typical" when not everybody does it. Is AIDs a "typical" black disease? Is being in a gang "typical" for black people? Is selling drugs a "typical" black business? Come on man, he has a negative view on his own people.
 12-19-2006, 09:27 PM         #67
Bang 0n Em  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
strahan wishes he was white too
 12-19-2006, 09:27 PM         #68
Dr. X  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tiki is a **** thread closed

Last edited by Dr. X; 12-19-2006 at 09:40 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #69
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,369 | Props total: 1283 1283

[pic - click to view]

tiki and the wifey

[pic - click to view]

Tiki hates black people probably not. Tiki wants to be viewed as white probably so.
 12-19-2006, 10:20 PM         #70
ItsDaCarter20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
terrible opinion, Tiki Barber seems like a cool person, and is interested in a lot more than just football which truthfully isnt the case with most NFL players
 11 years ago '06        #71
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2330 2330
“Tiki Barber: nonthreatening, articulate, funny, intelligent, self aware and hugely confident without seeming like an ego-maniac. And then there is his diction, which is ethnically and geographically neutral, perfect for a news anchor".

Let me attempt to break this down...

First off....when it the term "nonthreatening" ever used to describe a white athlete?....White athletes who are a**holes away from their respective playing fields are usually described as "surly", "moody", or "intense".....During their home run chases, Mark McGwire was a horses a.ss most or the time & Sammy Sosa was Mr.Popular....People went out of their way to make excuses for McGwire..."he's just focused on playing baseball"....."he always has his game face on"...."he's just a private person"....BULLSHIIT!!....he was a roided up 6'5" 250 lb ball of attitude & roid rage, who people didn't know for sure if he would snap or not...Who ever thinks of an athlete as "threatening"?....most people idolize athletes & are just the opposite of scared when getting a chance to meet or socialize w/their idols....

Secondly...Appreciating Tiki's command of the English language is one thing, but to describe it as "ethnically neutral" implies that he doesn't speak in a manner traditionally a.ssociated w/his ethnicity.....if you've ever filled out info that asks for racial status, there is usually a box that reads "white/non-ethnic"...to me ethnically neutral means more like white or devoid of stereotypical racial mannerisms....& for Tiki to say:

" We grew up in a white middle-class community and had a mom who emphasized education and lived that neutrality”, Tiki says. “She didn’t speak that typical African-American diction”

in a backhanded way says that African Americans who don't come from white middle class neighborhoods, don't emphasize education or are able to attain his mastery of words....I don't fit into that catagory, yet am articulate enough to get my point across...even though she couldn't pay for me to further my education post high school, my mother encouraged it & devoted herself to our academic development...she is not a-typical of mothers I know...a lack of resources doesn't equate a lack of intrest...

I know this is turning into a book....in conclusion....

Even though I acknowledge that as a people we're regressing in so many aspects, I ain't about to shiit on my people to make the majority feel ok w/me...I don't wanna be more like white people, I want Black people to get our sh*t together...so fukk Tiki & everthing he stands for....****!

Last edited by yumflip; 12-20-2006 at 01:02 AM..
 12-20-2006, 06:19 AM         #72
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ but I thought you were white? yumflip, rigt? the steelers fan... or is it Flex001?
 11 years ago '05        #73
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
tiki - 1 threadstarter - 0
 11 years ago '04        #74
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 Michael Angelo said:
First off..I have a BA in Journalism and a minor in African-American studies..I can speak french as a 2nd language..secondly I have no tattos and would be considered well-spoken, but I don't have to prove my intelligence to anyone...I don't have to go out of my way to state I don't speak "That African-American Diction"...Tiki has an elitist attitude and in is within my right to call him out on it, because I am entitled of my opinion..

i'll just flat out say it.....

TIKI IS A OREO AND HE'S PROUD OF IT

dude will learn when sh*t hits the fan and those same people he aspires to be turn his back on him.

"usual african american diction"get the fu*k outta here!!!

i'm a giants fan but before all of that i'm a PROUD BLACK MAN.its obvious TIKI IS NOT
 11 years ago '04        #75
htown 
space
space
space
$2,752 | Props total: 759 759
i see what the threadstarter and author is saying. instead of saying I don't speak "slang", why say "African-American diction"...I'm black and educated, if I wanted to tell someone I speak well. Then I would say "I speak well"...not "I don't speak like all the other african americans". you're putting down your own people just so you can separate yourself.
 11 years ago '06        #76
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
^^^ but I thought you were white? yumflip, rigt? the steelers fan... or is it Flex001?

Why does EVERYBODY a.ssume I am white?.....do I type white?....Sidney Crosby is that deal.....that's why he's in my avy....I'm a str8 up homer....I don't take alot of pics, but I'm gonna take one to post here...sheesh!
 11 years ago '06        #77
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
 Tempus # 1 said:
but it is typical. most of yall just trying to sweep it under the rug, but Who would you rather have representing black people. tiki barber or 50 cent?
neither....neither one is a realistic representation of black people....we are a diverse group of people with a multitude of facets....one question?

Who represents White America?...really....why doesn't Jeffery Dahmer representive of whites....or Timothy McVeigh....or Eminem....or GW Bush....because white people can't be piegonholed into one catagory....so, why should we?

not all of us wake up wanting to be either a superthug or white.
 12-20-2006, 07:24 PM         #78
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yumflip said:
Why does EVERYBODY a.ssume I am white?.....do I type white?....Sidney Crosby is that deal.....that's why he's in my avy....I'm a str8 up homer....I don't take alot of pics, but I'm gonna take one to post here...sheesh!
lol.. no offemse but trhe city your reppin sounds like a hick town
 11 years ago '06        #79
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
I go to an HBCU and I fail to see what "typical African American diction" is.
 12-20-2006, 08:07 PM         #80
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bangabi*ch said:
I go to an HBCU and I fail to see what "typical African American diction" is.
come to memphis for one day and you will see
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc